test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for Admiralty

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hunh, just found out that you can get purple R&D mats or salvaged tech from admiralty projects.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    hunh, just found out that you can get purple R&D mats or salvaged tech from admiralty projects.

Aye, i just got 15x purple crafting material from one mission.

I found a bug with the T6 Ships it seems they now need only 12h required maintenance. (Since the maint cycle of the other ships are unchanged i guess it is a bug)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I like some of the upgrades today, how rare are the tour of duty missions? I'm cycleing through alts on tribble and rarely get one. is this a normal issue?
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    A few comments on my initial impressions of the system, we need a way to see our ship cards besides doing assignments. A nice collect them all screen with ships, not in your inventory would be a great additions.

Ships that get bonuses to going alone, I think it needs to be changed to when ___ ship is the only one of it's class or their bonuses need to be higher. This will make these ships a little more useful.
    edited October 2015
    I found another Bug, with my KDF Romulan she was able to execute a T'Liss for incompetence.
    My KDF chars have the same option, ships can be selected from the DOFF tray (the are listed before the tactical DOFFs, without a category)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • mishra2141mishra2141 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Let me start off by saying that I like admiralty system thus far. I have to admit that I don't have a complete feel for the system yet, as I have had limited time and ships to test with, but I can definitely see the potential.

However, I do see a few points which I think could be improved.

First off would be to make the system a little more alt friendly. Personally, I love making alts and start kitting them out. Getting them a ship is easy with Z-store unlocks being account wide, and with ship equipment being account bound instead of character bound I can generally get them underway really quickly. Getting a doff roster started aint to bad either with some recruitment runs and sending some doffs over from other characters.

But with ships, I cant really send them over from other characters. When an alt hits 52, all he really has are the ships he leveled in and some Z-store unlocks. Mirror, Fleet, Lockbox, etc all those ships are unavailable unless I want to spend a silly amount of currency to make them available. Not to mention the dill costs of all the ships I didn't level in.

What I'd really like to see is something akin to the sponsorship system from reputation. When you hit a certain tier in your campaign, you unlock the ability to make new ship cards that are bound to account and can be given to alts. For example, after hitting tier 5 in any campaign, I get the ability to make ship cards for the tier 1 ships in my roster. Going up to unlocking tier 6 ships when I hit tier 10 in my campaign.

There would still have to be a cost, but that cost could be tweaked to a more reasonable number. As an added bonus, it would allow me to unlock ships cards for my alts on ships that I can no longer obtain for those alts.
    A few quick responses/clarifications this morning...

...snip

* Maintenance periods kick in as soon as the assignment completes, not when you collect rewards. If you ever go offline for a couple days, all of your ships will be back and waiting for you.

...snip...

Maybe there is something wrong with how the assignments work for me, but there is no difference between when a assignment completes and when I collect rewards.

Assignments don't complete until I log in on the character in question. This has been true with Doff assignments for as long as I can remember and the same is currently true for Admiralty assignments. And seeing as how I'm already logged in, I might aswell collect the rewards anyway.

So I'm afraid that your point about being logged off for several days just doesn't work under the current system. Assignments don't complete until the player logs in, at which point the maintenance kicks in and people can't use their ships.

That said, I don't really mind the maintenance times. It helps make lower tier ships desirable and if maintenance is supposed to work like you mentioned in the quoted post, that really helps aswell.

There is a small bug at the moment with the display on t6 maintenance times though, it only displays 12h when you look at ships to slot for an assignment.
    Next up assignments don't show their duration. So if you want to pass on an assignment because you want a shorter one, you may end up wasting your pass tokens because it keeps throwing out long assignments. If we had the duration show on both next up assignments it would allow us to make a more informed decision and prevent us from wasting our tokens.

This seems like a nice idea, i'd really like the duration info available to me on upcoming missions.

• gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    I really wish we could reclaim/claim ships from the c-store on tribble. I went to the shipyard to claim my c-store science ships and could not. this will make testing this part of the system impossible, and limits my choices, since when this launches that's the first thing I'm going to do (reclaim all of my c-store ships). Is there a technical reason we can't claim our ships?

I would like the ability to reclaim the early free ships we got while leveling up. I dismissed a T1 or two and would like to reclaim them somehow for the purpose of an Admiralty card.​​
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    valenn1 wrote: »

I found a bug with the T6 Ships it seems they now need only 12h required maintenance. (Since the maint cycle of the other ships are unchanged i guess it is a bug)

I thought so too at first. Some ships have reduced maintenance if you have other certain ships in the assignments. It could say something like "Maintenance reduced for each SCI ship equipped", or something to that effect. It would mean that if you have 1 or 2 SCI ships also in that assignment, the maintenance for that ship is reduced. You can see this in the Info button by clicking the little yellow 'I' on the bottom right corner of the ship that you slotted, or clicking the ship in the roster.
  • danpmkdanpmk Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    A few comments on my initial impressions of the system, we need a way to see our ship cards besides doing assignments. A nice collect them all screen with ships, not in your inventory would be a great additions.
    Go to your duty officer roster tab, there's a ship roster there now.
    Also, please increase the quantity of prisoner and colonist doffs we can have. 20 each can fill up fast, especially since it seems a lot of Admirality assignments award them.
    I've always felt that Colonists, Refugees, and Prisoners should have their own separate and larger sections in the doff roster, since they are by definition not part of your crew and are supposed to be transferred in and out fairly often. We should have something like "Passengers" for Colonists, "Brig" for Prisoners (and maybe any opposite-faction duty officers you might accidentally get on your toon), and "Temporary Quarters" for Refugees.
    Or maybe we should just have a separate "Non-Crew" cap of 100 or something, I don't know.
    It is corporeal.
    edited October 2015

I thought so too at first. Some ships have reduced maintenance if you have other certain ships in the assignments. It could say something like "Maintenance reduced for each SCI ship equipped", or something to that effect. It would mean that if you have 1 or 2 SCI ships also in that assignment, the maintenance for that ship is reduced. You can see this in the Info button by clicking the little yellow 'I' on the bottom right corner of the ship that you slotted, or clicking the ship in the roster.

I don't think this is the case, i just checked the roster, the maintenance for T6 ships is displayed as 12h, not 1d 12 or 36h, the rest is still at 10min, 1h, 4h, 10h, 20h, i think it's just a mistake.
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User

I don't think this is the case, i just checked the roster, the maintenance for T6 ships is displayed as 12h, not 1d 12 or 36h, the rest is still at 10min, 1h, 4h, 10h, 20h, i think it's just a mistake.

Perhaps you're right. I'd take screenshots to show one way or the other so Borticus can take a look at what's going on if needed, but I can't for the life of me find the test server screenshot folder in Windows 10. I did find the folder at one point in Win 7 but that was quite a while ago and I can't remember.

Ships that get bonuses to going alone, I think it needs to be changed to when ___ ship is the only one of it's class or their bonuses need to be higher. This will make these ships a little more useful.
    Enh... it's a +30 bonus, that's a lot higher than the other stat bonuses ships get. Actually, bonus stat abilities are weak in general. The rest of them won't give more than +12 stat points.

It's a display bug actually. click on the yellow "i" to bring up the bigger version of the ship stats and it shows it as 1d 12h.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    How does the 'Bonus' work? More crit chance or what? I checked the little 'i' next to it, but it just says 'This is a tooltip', which didn't help much. :P
    primar13 wrote: »
    I just want to point out to those not happy with the rewards for most of these missions...

I slotted 3 projects that were less than 8 hours that each gave over 5000 XP, 2 were over 7000....

I just collected the rewards on 20 Doff Projects on one toon and only got 4200 XP total from all 20...

The thing is that you can hit strings of low reward missions too. I had nothing large in the three active on one character, both pending missions were 50 Dil projects (meh), used 5 pass tokens and still didn't have anything showing bigger than 200 Dil or a green crafting box (which usually puts out nothing worth even transfering to a crafting toon).

I've also had where none of the missions up were below 5k Exp or 1k Dil. I've had as high as single mission with 10k Exp (only seen that once so far). I've had a UR Crafting box attached to a decent reward project that gave multiple purple mats and a salvaged tech.

All luck of the draw.
    Perhaps you're right. I'd take screenshots to show one way or the other so Borticus can take a look at what's going on if needed, but I can't for the life of me find the test server screenshot folder in Windows 10. I did find the folder at one point in Win 7 but that was quite a while ago and I can't remember.

You could always just do Win + Print Screen key combo instead and have Windows take the screenshot instead.
    Post edited by tom61sto on
    in 7 the folder is: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

Maybe just search the HDD for screenshots folders?

anyways, crappy missions are what the pass tokens are for. Pass tokens can be earned by critting some assignments.

Bonus is the crit chance.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    in 7 the folder is: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

Maybe just search the HDD for screenshots folders?

anyways, crappy missions are what the pass tokens are for. Pass tokens can be earned by critting some assignments.

Bonus is the crit chance.

Unless you use Steam, in which case it's in your Steam directory SteamApps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Playtest\screenshots
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    After a few hours, I quickly found my Federation was offered the 20hr Tier 1 Mission upgrade. But my KDF still yet to see it, inspite completeting 9 missions (Federation was offered after 3 missions).

Tour of Duty Assignments are not a "next tier" upgrade. They are just a reward track contained within each Campaign. They have nothing to do with granting, or withholding, progression within a Campaign.

I've seen many players make this assumption, and it's flatly incorrect. I'm curious what leads so many to assume that you have to complete a Tour of Duty in order to tier up. Is it simply because...
    Also, what's with the XP bar, it's always full. But yet no Tier Promotions? Or am I reading it wrong as not an XP bar?

... of this ^ bug?

Progression tiers within a campaign are currently bugged, and don't progress until you map move (or relog). Not intended to be the final behavior.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited October 2015
    After a few hours, I quickly found my Federation was offered the 20hr Tier 1 Mission upgrade. But my KDF still yet to see it, inspite completeting 9 missions (Federation was offered after 3 missions).

Tour of Duty Assignments are not a "next tier" upgrade. They are just a reward track contained within each Campaign. They have nothing to do with granting, or withholding, progression within a Campaign.

I've seen many players make this assumption, and it's flatly incorrect. I'm curious what leads so many to assume that you have to complete a Tour of Duty in order to tier up. Is it simply because...

I'm not sure why people think that either. I mean, we have assignment chains in the current DOFF system and nobody has ever mistaken those as part of the required progression.

Also, what's with the XP bar, it's always full. But yet no Tier Promotions? Or am I reading it wrong as not an XP bar?

... of this ^ bug?

Progression tiers within a campaign are currently bugged, and don't progress until you map move (or relog). Not intended to be the final behavior.

It's kind of funny that there are times where bugs aren't listed in the "known issues" section and nobody bats an eyelid. Yet the time you guys actually put the bug in there, lots of people keep reporting it as a bug. I had to explain that to at least a dozen people on Drozana station last night over the course of about an hour.
    ​​
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited October 2015

... of this ^ bug?

I think part of it is the bug. It makes it seem like progression is tied to the Tour of Duty mission when one comes up.

I think another part of it is the Epic rarity of the mission. It should provide a massive amount of XP, and in the early stages it's enough to level up 1-2 tiers. As well, being Epic, in our minds it shouldn't show up until we're ready to/already past an XP milestone for progressing through the campaign.

The mixture of the rarity and the 20-hour timer sets it far apart from the other missions, making it seem like it should only show up to level up the campaign itself.

Finally, I think we're so used to having Upgrade Projects of some kind in both the Fleet and Reptuation systems that we assumed the Tour of Duty served a similar purpose. You've conditioned us to have to use upgrade projects to get progress! ha ha! :) Perhaps an explanation in the mission description or just add to its descriptor in the blog "This project does not necessarily advance the Tier Level of your campaign, but it will put a significant amount of Campaign XP into your progress bar" or similar would help a ton.

EDIT: When we get Specialization XP from missions, does the shown amount already take into consideration Armada bonuses and other XP boosters? I had a project show a reward of 8,123 (approximately) and that's what my XP bar showed I got. That it rewards the amount shown isn't in question; what I'm asking is does that reward already take into account XP bonuses? Thanks!
  • nychusnychus Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Ok so this is possibly just random number generator being random, but I'm seeing quite high instances of my Tour of Duty missions spawning in pairs, as in every one of the 4 characters I've got running this in varying configurations has had this happen for at least one of the the Tour missions and a couple of them have had it occur twice.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015

I'm not sure why people think that either. I mean, we have assignment chains in the current DOFF system and nobody has ever mistaken those as part of the required progression.

... of this ^ bug?

It's kind of funny that there are times where bugs aren't listed in the "known issues" section and nobody bats an eyelid. Yet the time you guys actually put the bug in there, lots of people keep reporting it as a bug. I had to explain that to at least a dozen people on Drozana station last night over the course of about an hour.
    ​​

Its not in the known issues, on the Release notes, and most people hadn't read the Feedback thread for Admiralty yet.

Also its probably because it has a [Tier 1/10] in the Title for the mission, when we were only at Tier 0 made it look and sound like an upgrade project.
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    One related change that came out of the new system/UI:

Along the left edge, there used to be separate buttons for the Brig and Passengers (Colonists). These got combined into a single button. *Please,* undo that. Previous layout allowed at-a-glance look at how many of each I had. Now what, I'm supposed to go in and count them manually? C'mon guys. Unless we're getting our limits upped to like, infinity, don't make it harder for me to see when I'm going to bump against the max.

Thanks.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
    edited October 2015

... of this ^ bug?

Its not in the known issues, on the Release notes, and most people hadn't read the Feedback thread for Admiralty yet.

Also its probably because it has a [Tier 1/10] in the Title for the mission, when we were only at Tier 0 made it look and sound like an upgrade project.

I'll give you that, it's not in the release notes. Though still, it may be old fashioned of me, I think it makes sense that people should read the OP before posting in a thread and it's this thread people are reporting that issue in.

Not sure where you're seeing it say [Tier x/10] though, as I've only seen them say "Tour of Duty [x of 10]".
    qMbo3aD.jpg

Along the left edge, there used to be separate buttons for the Brig and Passengers (Colonists). These got combined into a single button. *Please,* undo that. Previous layout allowed at-a-glance look at how many of each I had. Now what, I'm supposed to go in and count them manually? C'mon guys. Unless we're getting our limits upped to like, infinity, don't make it harder for me to see when I'm going to bump against the max.

Thanks.

There is a thread about that issue here. Though just as a head's up, you don't need to count them manually, there is a count of each type at the bottom.
    mSG6nbP.jpg
    ​​
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter

... of this ^ bug?

I'll give you that, it's not in the release notes. Though still, it may be old fashioned of me, I think it makes sense that people should read the OP before posting in a thread and it's this thread people are reporting that issue in.

Not sure where you're seeing it say [Tier x/10] though, as I've only seen them say "Tour of Duty [x of 10]".
    qMbo3aD.jpg

Thanks.

There is a thread about that issue here. Though just as a head's up, you don't need to count them manually, there is a count of each type at the bottom.
    mSG6nbP.jpg
    ​​

It might not say [Tier x/10] but when it does say [x/10] its not that far of a stretch for people to make that assumption who are seeing the first version of a system with only a single dev blog on it.

• generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    Okay, that helps some, but I still have to click on that tab to see that, where before the numbers were visible directly on the tab itself. It just seems baffling to change it that way in the first place, though.

Thanks for both elements of your response. :-)
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • polygeekpolygeek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Not sure if this is the best place for it, and apologies if it's been asked elsewhere, but are pass tokens supposed to be granted by every crit?

So far, I think I've gotten: 1 on a success for a gold ToD (Tour od Duty) assignment, 2 on a critted gold ToD assignment, 1 on a crit for some/most (but not all - this is the confusing one!) uncommon/rare assignments (not sure about others as I haven't critted them), and 5 for leveling a tier, I think.

Does that sound correct?

Is there a reason some uncommon/rare assignment crits wouldn't reward a pass token?

Also, I seem to have the same ToD mission pop up twice in my queue (Fed 2/10), but I can only start 1 (I'm guessing they're intended to be unique) -- is any part of that a bug, or is it all WAI?
    [System] [InteractionFailed] Wait for Sela to Finish Speaking.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Critical Success only gives a chance at getting 1-2 Pass Tokens. It's a pretty good chance (20% of 1, 10% of 2), but it's not guaranteed.

Duplicates of any missions is a bug that we're in the process of tracking down.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • polygeekpolygeek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @borticuscryptic said:
    > Critical Success only gives a chance at getting 1-2 Pass Tokens. It's a pretty good chance (20% of 1, 10% of 2), but it's not guaranteed.
    >
    Oh, ok - good to know. I guess I've just been lucky, then, instead of bugged!
  • orionsruleorionsrule Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Here's something I noticed and double checked on my characters twice today.

My KDF doing only Fed tasks collects everything just fine on task completions. EC, Dil, etcetera.

My other KDF doing only KDF tasks does NOT get EC or Dil listed in the rewards. Everything else does appear to award fine.

Something is getting lost in the collecting process. When I hit collect the items listed in the chat box and the black pop up box above the chat box never list EC or Dil for this character, and checking the inventory shows no boxes nor increase in EC or Dil even after zoning/logging.

Hope its not just me.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    Borticus (and whomever else it may concern), thank you for having purple crafting mats as admiralty rewards. This is gonna make my crafting character's life so much easier.
    Critical Success only gives a chance at getting 1-2 Pass Tokens. It's a pretty good chance (20% of 1, 10% of 2), but it's not guaranteed.

Duplicates of any missions is a bug that we're in the process of tracking down.
    Really? I seem to remember getting more than that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing