test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DDOS 9/17 @ 6:10PM PDT

We're looking into the sudden DDOS attack.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Hooray. hopefully the more this idiot does this the faster they find him and arrest him.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    i know, just experienced it on DS9, can't the people who do this get a life? Like what is their problem, do they hate the game, star trek, or are a rival game. Either way I still hope you guys are working on some defense
  • khaoskrowkhaoskrow Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    It's legitimately bothering me how one disgruntled guy who's mad he can't bot in Neverwinter anymore is bringing down an entire game company's servers just as a temper tantrum. Or is this a different one? Whoever it is this time, I demand a lynch mob. I know a Ferengi who can get us a good deal on gently used pitchforks.
    PvPer, RPer, novice writer, RP/PvP/PvE tutor, purveyor of fine snark, and KDF mourner. R.I.P. Ker'rat.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    well I was claiming t5 rep when it happened hope I can still get it on a side note Trendy I need help can't reclaim the DS9 bundle on one of my toons and that toon has nothing in the bank or anywhere else can you help me with that
    khaoskrow wrote: »
    It's legitimately bothering me how one disgruntled guy who's mad he can't bot in Neverwinter anymore is bringing down an entire game company's servers just as a temper tantrum. Or is this a different one? Whoever it is this time, I demand a lynch mob. I know a Ferengi who can get us a good deal on gently used pitchforks.

Make sure to save a piece of Mr. DDoS, my Epohh is hungry.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    My fleet and I were running pve queues when it happend!
    6tviTDx.png

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Looks like that dude is attacking ESO as well.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    According to his Twitter, it's the same person as the last attacks. NeverWinterGod. The kid seems to enjoy flaunting his ability to bring down ALL the games at will while rubbing in everyone's faces how no one can stop him. And after a few days of this? Looking like he's right. Seriously though, the Ferengi also sells decent torches and rope as well.
    PvPer, RPer, novice writer, RP/PvP/PvE tutor, purveyor of fine snark, and KDF mourner. R.I.P. Ker'rat.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    Seriously? He hasn't been caught and killed yet? Send in the Tal'Shiar! And the Obsidian Order! And Section 31! And a billion rabid tribbles!
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    And here I was thinking it was the Prophets playing their mind games again
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    *sigh* Here we go again...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited September 2015
    According to his Twitter, it's the same person as the last attacks. NeverWinterGod. The kid seems to enjoy flaunting his ability to bring down ALL the games at will while rubbing in everyone's faces how no one can stop him. And after a few days of this? Looking like he's right. Seriously though, the Ferengi also sells decent torches and rope as well.

• solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Cant wait for this kid to see jail time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rumor has it, Neverwinter had something that botters could exploit in their game to get basically unlimited Astral Diamonds. Which is their version of Dilithium. I'm told by a NW friend that they couldn't seem to stop the exploiting, so they removed the system completely since the botting was destroying the market. And that's why this person is attacking Neverwinter (and all the servers). It's just a rumor. A theory really. But it FEELS like a childish temper tantrum, so maybe? I don't play NW so I dunno.
  • tkrystkrys Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Might want to upgrade your server security and routing protocols if you're continually getting nailed by DDOS. I mean, come on. Ain't warp theory here.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    Blah when this started I was still on my retirement from STO but I've sort of returned to the game so now its starting to annoy me. Pretty much the way the world works tho they are going to sentence this kid to his room for punishment where he has his PC, xbox(Or whatever equivalent), and tv or what not heh.

Be nice if that bracelet from agents of shield were a real device it would make people like this very less likely to risk losing access to any kind of computer lol.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    tkrys wrote: »
    Might want to upgrade your server security and routing protocols if you're continually getting nailed by DDOS. I mean, come on. Ain't warp theory here.

Lol, the only thing that is warp theory to the STO devs are fixing game breaking bugs. They'll easily figure out that upgrading their security is simple.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    i have looked on twitter for NeverWinterGod can find him
    nerf.jpg]
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/NeverWinterGod
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    this TRIBBLE AGAIN ???? lets kick his AZZ !!!!!!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,819 Arc User
    This sucks! I was going to login and run Midnight again for this weeks reward. I guess that can wait while I go play Forza 6.
  • skelmerdskelmerd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    can someone post a picture of Commander Remick's head exploding, that will make me feel better B)
  • psychopyro80psychopyro80 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    Twitter locked his account... He has a second... he was crying about it earlier... now seems to be crying cause he has no followers...

Just remember, don't feed him...
    You think this sucks? This kid seems to like to throw his little hissy fits when I go do my Rich Dilithium Claim daily. Which is lockbox only item. Meaning 5k Dil up and gone because of SNR. Did a ticket, was told the game is not liable for such things. So that's 5k Dil I'll never see.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Again? {sigh}
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I say we lynch him
    Cant wait for this kid to see jail time.

I doubt any of this is going to happen.

I just think it's likely something we're just gonna have to learn to accept.

Hopefully occasionally.

Anyway, I guess I'm done for the day.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

3795105488_13617293e6.jpg
    Ok. I understand frustrations with the DDOS. Believe me. But let's not post this sorta stuff.
  • awesometificawesometific Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Really Trendy? That is what gets your dander up?
    Fleet Admiral Marcus Red-Six
This discussion has been closed.