test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DDOS 9/17 @ 6:10PM PDT

124»

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Tacofangs is awesome. Lots of cool looking stuff in the game. the ESD interior revamp is still my favorite.

P.S. I never said you were a can or empty. It was in reference to this "Dear Leader" TRIBBLE SFD keeps posting. It comes off as a cult and it's getting tiring seeing it on the forums.

And I'm hoping they unleash the Taco on DS9.

PS: I was cracking a joke about what you said since my screenname is Rattler. :D

Oh! Derp. That's funny. :lol:
    sov42 wrote: »
    Tacofangs is awesome. Lots of cool looking stuff in the game. the ESD interior revamp is still my favorite.

P.S. I never said you were a can or empty. It was in reference to this "Dear Leader" TRIBBLE SFD keeps posting. It comes off as a cult and it's getting tiring seeing it on the forums.

And I'm hoping they unleash the Taco on DS9.

PS: I was cracking a joke about what you said since my screenname is Rattler. :D

lol Taco's been saying for a while he wants to revamp DS9. Maybe with the cardy arc revamp, DS9 will get a change, too. A girl can dream. ;)

And yes, Trendy, you are wonderful, don't ever leave. <3

I've seen people on the forums say again and again that it was mentioned at Star Trek Las Vegas they are going to revamp DS9 but it won't be ready for season 11.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    No one that you know of. I know of at least 2 from after the migration.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th attack in as many weeks?​​
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    If they are Dentals, and if you are talking the game and not the forums, then Butts was the last guy to get banned.

You didn't specify.
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th attack in as many weeks?​​

More like within 1 week or so. As far as I know this started up last Saturday, happened again Sunday, died down... then started again today. Some people were saying it was all week, but I doubt it because some people report having problems logging in sometimes and its just Cogent (Cryptic's ISP) being Cogent.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited September 2015
    Butts was banned in like 2012, guys, and no one has been banned since. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Oh?

You said this earlier
    Nbreeki and Butts are both banned from the forums, so they cannot issue forgiveness here, but the Dear Leader smiles warmly on those who repent. We welcome you as a brother.

Let's see: "Butts" visits PWE http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1203962/butts-visits-pwe/p1 The OP, @blueweak , seems to have pictures and talks about his trip to PWE. He always signs his posts as "Glutes", which is another name for buttocks. Therefore I assume he may, in fact, be "Butts".

And here:
    blueweak wrote: »
    sle1989 wrote: »
    ...Who are we missing?

Those poor people who work on the servers in Boston

Dear shaiza9191.

Give me a few months and I may be able to fly there and give them something good.

Yours Truly,

Glutes
    Master of Ceremonies
    Starfleet Dental/Academy

If anyone can do it, it's you, Butts. You are blazing a path of altruism and generosity unheard of in Star Trek Online -- A role model for all us poor sinners.
    You specifically refer to @blueweak as "Butts".

Let's see about @nabreeki (<---click name)

nabreeki%20not%20banned_zpsddjdh8rl.jpg~original
    Doesn't seem to be any indication that he is banned at all. In fact, his latest post was August 19, 2015 here http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12686114/#Comment_12686114

This is what it actually looks like when a user is banned from the forums user%20actually%20banned_zpsg7hhpx5t.jpg~original
    Their avatar is replaced with something clearly indicating they were banned. Also underneath their user name is the word "Banned" on their page.

Click these names to see for yourself what it looks like when an account is banned: @dpsloss88 , @abdhchheihid , @dgdolph

So, @shazia9191 , you keep telling us lately that "Butts" and "Nabreeki" are banned from the forums when all evidence clearly indicates otherwise. I'm confused by this.
    Post edited by monkeybone13 on
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,467 Arc User
    This is just a reminder to everyone that while we are all frustrated by this, posting inappropriate content is still against the rules. Including things about lynching.

Does that include tar and feathers? Non lethal, but appropriate.
    I have to say i mirror some of the other comments that i am starting to get annoyed by the DDOS.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I am well past annoyed about this. A large multinational online game company which can be nearly brought to a halt by an attention mongering amateur. On multiple days for multiple times. This week's activities speak volumes about the quality and talent of both the Support Staff and management at Perfect World. And what it is saying is not positive at all.

I'd really like someone at Perfect World to show me I am wrong. And I'd like this to be in a fashion other than soothing words in a post here or a "we're working on it" red banner across the launcher. I don't want an apology or an explanation. You've already given me plenty of both of these. Neither one imptoved my ability to spend both time AND MONEY with your entertainment product.

What I want is to be able to login to STO without any further hassles caused by this guy. I don't wish him ill or want to publicly hate on him, I just want him permanently removed from the environment where he can continue to interdict my abilty to spend time AND MONEY with your entertainment product.

I really do not think this is too much to ask for. Nor am I interested in hearing any more lame excuses. Because we are speaking about MONEY Perfect World IS NOT earning daily while this guy makes "trained" experts look like a bunch of second rate wannabes who really should have considered a different career field. One with far lower intellectual requirements.

Are you IT professionals or not? Are you Internet security experts or not? If you're getting paid for the commendable lack of effort you've shown so far, perhaps the Boss should hold off on that next raise.

Perfect World is a business. Just like the one I work for. My boss expects performance and positve results when problems arise. Then again, maybe Perfect World and my company aren't so much alike after all.

Wrote it. Meant it. And if I hurt someone's feelings in the process, I really do not care at all.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I am well past annoyed about this. A large multinational online game company which can be nearly brought to a halt by an attention mongering amateur. On multiple days for multiple times. This week's activities speak volumes about the quality and talent of both the Support Staff and management at Perfect World. And what it is saying is not positive at all.

I'd really like someone at Perfect World to show me I am wrong. And I'd like this to be in a fashion other than soothing words in a post here or a "we're working on it" red banner across the launcher. I don't want an apology or an explanation. You've already given me plenty of both of these. Neither one imptoved my ability to spend both time AND MONEY with your entertainment product.

What I want is to be able to login to STO without any further hassles caused by this guy. I don't wish him ill or want to publicly hate on him, I just want him permanently removed from the environment where he can continue to interdict my abilty to spend time AND MONEY with your entertainment product.

I really do not think this is too much to ask for. Nor am I interested in hearing any more lame excuses. Because we are speaking about MONEY Perfect World IS NOT earning daily while this guy makes "trained" experts look like a bunch of second rate wannabes who really should have considered a different career field. One with far lower intellectual requirements.

Are you IT professionals or not? Are you Internet security experts or not? If you're getting paid for the commendable lack of effort you've shown so far, perhaps the Boss should hold off on that next raise.

Perfect World is a business. Just like the one I work for. My boss expects performance and positve results when problems arise. Then again, maybe Perfect World and my company aren't so much alike after all.

Wrote it. Meant it. And if I hurt someone's feelings in the process, I really do not care at all.

I really hope a dev is reading this, and look at the vid, i know if you use the shark progam it would not be asmuch help because you have a-couple thousand ip's everysecond, but isnt there a way to find which ones are sending too much info
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    khaoskrow wrote: »
    According to his Twitter, it's the same person as the last attacks. NeverWinterGod. The kid seems to enjoy flaunting his ability to bring down ALL the games at will while rubbing in everyone's faces how no one can stop him. And after a few days of this? Looking like he's right. Seriously though, the Ferengi also sells decent torches and rope as well.

PWE/cryptic have their legal options if they wish to look into them, including cyber attacks like the DDoS. whatever happens after that is on that persons head when law enforcement gets involved.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • kinaenovkinaenov Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Oh he made a huge mistake assuming he is (as he claims) really responsible for the ESO downtime on XBOX and PS4...
    Zenimax, Sony, and Microsoft will not tolerate the behavior, and will seriously investigate. They (Sony/MS) will help Zenimax track this back... And if he is really stupid, he'll try and hit their EU server, which is a whole nother world of trouble.

Though he may have more to worry about then the Feds, as apparently he really irked another hacker group for messing with ESO. He was told to go back to his corner and that they were coming for him...

Goodness, I had no idea that he's also taking claim for the ESO downtime. No, that's not smart at all... all three companies have serious resources to support an extended and in-depth investigation.
  • kinaenovkinaenov Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I really hope a dev is reading this, and look at the vid, i know if you use the shark progam it would not be asmuch help because you have a-couple thousand ip's everysecond, but isnt there a way to find which ones are sending too much info

Yeah it's possible to backtrack the DDoS attack - but how easy that is depends on how the attack was originally set up. If the perp's 'botnet' is a widely-distributed network (or he paid a 'service' to handle the attack for him - which is much easier than most people think), the DDoS attack could originate from thousands of IPs (or more!) world-wide. While the United States remains the target (and origin) of choice for cyber-attacks, points of origin are increasingly coming from Russia, China and India (just to name three).
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    @anthonyjc2010
    Could you change your sig or find a static pic of it please? The flashing is kinda hard on the eyes. I admit it is creative, but again... the flashing...

oh sorry, will find a new joke
    Here you go. A cap from his new show.
    ColbertBluehair-001.jpg

Or make your own caps from the vid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svMxwRj3LdY
    I think this is one of his funniest new characters. :)
    Reminds me of the Heat Miser, but with blue hair. :p

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Are we again under attack now?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Are we again under attack now?

Nope. Not having any issues.
This discussion has been closed.