test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DDOS 9/17 @ 6:10PM PDT

Comments

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    This is just a reminder to everyone that while we are all frustrated by this, posting inappropriate content is still against the rules. Including things about lynching.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    khaoskrow wrote: »
    Rumor has it, Neverwinter had something that botters could exploit in their game to get basically unlimited Astral Diamonds. Which is their version of Dilithium. I'm told by a NW friend that they couldn't seem to stop the exploiting, so they removed the system completely since the botting was destroying the market.

Its not a rumor. In their version of the DOff system, the Leadership category apparently had a high Astral Diamond payout.

A lot of players are pissed off about it because "It wasn't broken" and "They haven't given an equivelent replacement reward". They have also cited that some of the "Leadership Armies" were not bots and weren't destroying the economy and won't listen to reason about the exploit.

The timing of these attacks though... either a coincidence, or he was one of the Botters that they shut down.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Whoever it is this time, I demand a lynch mob. I know a Ferengi who can get us a good deal on gently used pitchforks.
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Seriously? He hasn't been caught and killed yet? Send in the Tal'Shiar! And the Obsidian Order! And Section 31! And a billion rabid tribbles!
    Seriously though, the Ferengi also sells decent torches and rope as well.

Damn!! This is starting to sound like a party.....hehe. Let's git 'em :#

Seriously, though, this is becoming a bit much.... :(

Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    In the meantime, what are you guys doing to PREVENT future attacks? Hmm?
    This is just a reminder to everyone that while we are all frustrated by this, posting inappropriate content is still against the rules. Including things about lynching.

What about stake burnings, thumb-screws, iron maidens and hot pokers to the eye?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    According to his Twitter, it's the same person as the last attacks. NeverWinterGod. The kid seems to enjoy flaunting his ability to bring down ALL the games at will while rubbing in everyone's faces how no one can stop him. And after a few days of this? Looking like he's right. Seriously though, the Ferengi also sells decent torches and rope as well.

3795105488_13617293e6.jpg
    Ok. I understand frustrations with the DDOS. Believe me. But let's not post this sorta stuff.

Uh I agree it should be tied to a Klingon battlecruiser instead.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    i have looked on twitter for NeverWinterGod can find him
    Twitter locked his account... He has a second... he was crying about it earlier... now seems to be crying cause he has no followers...

Just remember, don't feed him...

It doesn't look like his account was locked and he still has followers https://twitter.com/NeverWinterGod

Nabreeki from starfleet dental seems to be enjoying it
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I googled how to prevent and deal with these attacks. There's some good articles out there.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Nabreeki from starfleet dental seems to be enjoying it
    Which should surprise no one.

screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    so whats going on in perfect world server room, are you guys working to try to find a way to make the DDoS not as effiecient, or are you guys having the authorities helping you (please say both, want the kid to be scared out of doing this)
  • khaoskrowkhaoskrow Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Oi, I was just trying to make light of this fuster cluck. But yeah. Not to be the kind that rabbles and raves and demands answers, but I would be interested to hear what is being done or even CAN be done to stop this. You know, if allowed to know that or if anyone even knows. Because this has got to be costing PWE some money.
    PvPer, RPer, novice writer, RP/PvP/PvE tutor, purveyor of fine snark, and KDF mourner. R.I.P. Ker'rat.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Was it my imagination, or was one certain greifer/troll, known for thier disco-ball greifing on Vulcan (during people remembering Leonard Nimoy) actually praising the person inquestion? That says alot about him, doesnt it?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    Well, if any of you guys have Champs heroes, that is still up ATM, so how about we take out our frustration on one of the Gronds currently harassing folks on the West Side? It's fun. B)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    Does this NeverWinterGod also come bearing Ice Cream and Skittles with his DDOS'?
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Another weekend. . .
    another load of down time. . .

and this is my only weekend between now and possibly the start of October. .

boo hiss. . .

ok I am officially requesting the release of the lizard. . . @pwlaughingtrendy go girl go. . .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    Was it my imagination, or was one certain greifer/troll, known for thier disco-ball greifing on Vulcan (during people remembering Leonard Nimoy) actually praising the person inquestion? That says alot about him, doesnt it?

Looks that way....
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • id0liciousid0licious Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    How many consecutive days of these attacks are going to happen before you actually upgrade your friggin security? FFS.

Every single afternoon/evening this has happened since Sunday. Ridiculous.

Thanks for extended that triple weekend due to DDoS, btw, really appreciated... /s
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    There is obviously a problem with server security if the server can be DDOS'ed. So many times within a month. Cryptic, please fix this, especially for those who are tied up during the week and want to play over the weekend!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    Mr DDOS is really ticking me off
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
      I was able to get on, Maybe it's over ? Fer now ? :D
      tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    • zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User

ok ok i understand about the lynching that can be taken as hurtful so how about the airlock can u at least give us that trendy
      tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2015

@trekonlinegame is STO's Twitter page.
    • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
      STo and Neverwinter is getting attacked, that means I have to play other games.
      https://youtu.be/MdSH0l9NMek
      latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en

RunningBot seems to be the only account that exists. All others say "User not found".

And there's this too
      sov42 wrote: »

@trekonlinegame is STO's Twitter page.
      Trendy, can you atleast confirm that you have reported this to the authorities and they are doing an investigation, also, i would enjoy having the person's ip addres if you get it, i think we all know what we would spend our money on...
      shazia9191 wrote: »
      Yes, it says a lot about a player that he is taking this all very calmly and not threatening or wishing for physical violence against a person over a video game. That REALLY says a lot about a person.

Trust me... I'm resisting the urge.
      rattler2 wrote: »
      Yes, it says a lot about a player that he is taking this all very calmly and not threatening or wishing for physical violence against a person over a video game. That REALLY says a lot about a person.

Trust me... I'm resisting the urge.

I am releasing it on the 2 punching and kicking bags i have in my basement, and i had to put my dogs upstairs so i dont release my frustration on them, yes, its that bad
      I don't have that luxury...
    • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
      Have to admit it I've been less than civil on twitter to him but maybe that's the British in me.

I find things of this nature very immature like school immature
      JtaDmwW.png

It says a lot about someone who is encouraging someone causing trouble to cause more trouble. Nabreeki is that 1 kid on the playground telling the bully to punch the nerd in the face.

He is the Eric Cartman of STO and isn't happy unless others are miserable.
    This discussion has been closed.