test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

promotion xp boost to level 60 not working

scilya3scilya3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
like the title says i got the email put the code in went on stop looked in the c store redeemed the lvl 60 boost
AND NOTHING HAPPEND no exp no nothing. and for some reason support is sending me this reply. this is supremely annoying. if u want to get me back playing this is a bad way to go about it -_-

Hello,

Thank you for the update. We are unable to divulge the specifications of the promotion at this time, but you are more than welcome to discuss this on the Forum.

Thank you for understanding.

Comments

• devron42devron42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I am having the same issue though I have not contacted support yet, I was just trying to figure out if I was missing something before I did that. I think the boost and ship are meant to come later. I can not find any info about it.

(EDIT)
    I was actually able to get mine to work. I went in to the c-store under promotions and was able to claim the boost.
  • devincaedwyndevincaedwyn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Was there a delay in it appearing in the C-store? I used the code a couple hours ago and still nothing in my promotions tab....
  • nigeboynigeboy Member Posts: 1 New User
    im having the same issue for the free ship and boost
  • clavdex2clavdex2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same issue used code and logged in and nothing
  • dasrothdasroth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am also having the same issue
  • m1lh0u53m1lh0u53 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    ...ah yup..same problem, been about 5 hours now. No ship. No xp.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    I received the email, too. Same problem, even after a day of waiting. My C-Store Promotions tab is empty.
  • epicshade83epicshade83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    it's a marketing scam imo, like 4 ppl claim they were able to get their EXP to 60 and free tier 6 ship the other hundrets did not.... what a waste of time downloading the game and finding out that you didn't get squat.
  • tessi78tessi78 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    ok i open Arc client... "redeem a code" ... "View redeemed Keys" and what do i see..
    M7 - Strongholds Resources Neverwinter N/A N/A 08/21/2015
    ok that was for sure the wrong code!
  • surrumsurrum Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    tessi78 wrote: »
    ok i open Arc client... "redeem a code" ... "View redeemed Keys" and what do i see..
    M7 - Strongholds Resources Neverwinter N/A N/A 08/21/2015
    ok that was for sure the wrong code!

Good catch. That is the source of the problem, the redeem code are wrong. Hence why the stuff does not show up. Now all we need is someone from ARC or a STO programmer to read this thread and also care enough to pass the information along to someone who can fix it.

Love and Kisses!
  • tessi78tessi78 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    .... and today i got an email again... Neverwinter: Strongholds is Live!... the best part... with the same code!!!
    tessi78 wrote: »
    .... and today i got an email again... Neverwinter: Strongholds is Live!... the best part... with the same code!!!

Yup, same here, looks like we found our error.

• gamther#6391 gamther Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    on my 1st account it didn't work on my 2nd it work
  • clavdex2clavdex2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    yep confirmed got neverwinter email today with same code that STO email had and redemtion page shows neverwinter was redeemed. what u want to bet it will take a week to fix if they even fix it.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Ah, they had a similar problem with a giveaway code over on Perfect World too - ended up getting Neverwinter code. Apparently there will be a re-issue of the code to those affected over there after the weekend sometimes. I would guess the same here if @pwlaughingtrendy is on the case.​​
    eiledon wrote: »
    Ah, they had a similar problem with a giveaway code over on Perfect World too - ended up getting Neverwinter code. Apparently there will be a re-issue of the code to those affected over there after the weekend sometimes. I would guess the same here if @pwlaughingtrendy is on the case.​​

Good to know, thanks for sharing that.

• jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    Ah, yes, I too received a Neverwinter email today with the same code. We now know the source of the issue.
    edited August 2015
    Received an official response from support - the code is for Neverwinter, sorry for the confusion, it is not for STO, you're not getting the stuff, FU, hahahahaha.

Some of that may have been paraphrased, but you get the picture. We all got screwed.

EDIT: Apparently not all of us, talked to a friend, he got emails from Neverwinter and STO and they were different codes and they worked. So it looks like just SOME of us got screwed and they aren't willing to fix it.
  • surrumsurrum Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Received an official response from support - the code is for Neverwinter, sorry for the confusion, it is not for STO, you're not getting the stuff, FU, hahahahaha.

Some of that may have been paraphrased, but you get the picture. We all got screwed.

EDIT: Apparently not all of us, talked to a friend, he got emails from Neverwinter and STO and they were different codes and they worked. So it looks like just SOME of us got screwed and they aren't willing to fix it.

Yeah I just uninstalled. It's easier than dealing with them.

There are just some things you need to get right, one of those are promotions to get people to play. It's pretty simple.
  • ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So it looks like just SOME of us got screwed and they aren't willing to fix it.

It seems that the vast majority of the persons receiving the code have not played STO for a very long time. So basically, every player who logs everyday (or almost) and receives nothing is screwed. Because the rule seems to be "the less you support the game, the more stuff you get". This promotion is a slap in the face to every player who spent countless hours to level his or her characters, or to every player who spent hard-earned dollars, euros or Dilithium to get the Andromeda. Because which one of us could have foreseen that they were going to give away a paying T6 ship so soon ?

signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
    So it looks like just SOME of us got screwed and they aren't willing to fix it.

It seems that the vast majority of the persons receiving the code have not played STO for a very long time. So basically, every player who logs everyday (or almost) and receives nothing is screwed. Because the rule seems to be "the less you support the game, the more stuff you get". This promotion is a slap in the face to every player who spent countless hours to level his or her characters, or to every player who spent hard-earned dollars, euros or Dilithium to get the Andromeda. Because which one of us could have foreseen that they were going to give away a paying T6 ship so soon ?

The thing is, I haven't logged in since Delta Rising, and I thought that's about the point they were aiming at.

But yeah, I do agree it's not a nice gesture to heap rewards on people who don't support the game and just milk the 'cashcows' who do every day...
  • dasrothdasroth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I received a reply from support team saying it was neverwinter code and they was sorry for the confusion and that basically that are not going to do anything about it. Well I for one am tired of companies doing this kind of thing and the email clearly promising me a star ship and a level 60 boost and I will be seeing what legal actions can be taken and go from there.
    Stick with 'em, they gave me a code eventually.