test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I've fiddled with everything I possibly could in the tailor and my Ferasan is still bugged. My other character races have no issues with the Be'ves though.

I want my furry boob window damnit! :s

*slowly backs away in shame*
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Some new bug reports:

Holodeck ticket 3,657,360: Some earrings fit poorly with some ears
    Holodeck ticket 3,657,363: Looped earrings not available for "Pointed 02" ears
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Can someone PLEASE do something about the "warrior goatee" vanishing on BOFFS that come with it upon customization? I unlocked this item on the TNG 25th anniversary for all my toons at the time. Unfortunately I've made more toons since. These new toons don't have access to the item. This poses a problem when I customize BOFFS that come with the goatee as a default appearance, because once I attempt to edit them the goatee vanishes. Can this be made an account unlock for those who either have a BOFF with it or earned it before?
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    wilv wrote: »
    Can someone PLEASE do something about the "warrior goatee" vanishing on BOFFS that come with it upon customization? I unlocked this item on the TNG 25th anniversary for all my toons at the time. Unfortunately I've made more toons since. These new toons don't have access to the item. This poses a problem when I customize BOFFS that come with the goatee as a default appearance, because once I attempt to edit them the goatee vanishes. Can this be made an account unlock for those who either have a BOFF with it or earned it before?

This shouldn't be locked for anyone to be honest, a Van D y k e (it is mistakenly called a goatee) is something that anyone with facial hair can do super easy. Heck I wear one IRL myself.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    i have one question about Rep. system costumes. I hope its okay if i post that here:

If i am not mistaken for the first Rep, the Omega Reputation, we only had to buy the armor to use the costume (Maco, Omega, Honor Guard) but for all newer reps we have to get the full ground set to wear the costume? Why?
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    i have one question about Rep. system costumes. I hope its okay if i post that here:

If i am not mistaken for the first Rep, the Omega Reputation, we only had to buy the armor to use the costume (Maco, Omega, Honor Guard) but for all newer reps we have to get the full ground set to wear the costume? Why?

No, we always had to get the full set for the costume unlock. Buying the armour alone only provided the base armour visual with no customization, something which is no longer the case as armour visuals are now costumes rather than being tied to the armours themselves.
    I need a beer.

• willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited August 2015

No, we always had to get the full set for the costume unlock. Buying the armour alone only provided the base armour visual with no customization, something which is no longer the case as armour visuals are now costumes rather than being tied to the armours themselves.

My orion has the basic Honor guard armor and can wear the costume, change colors and so. not all customisations are available but the basics are there. Well. i am going to get all sets anyway. Thought it would be nice if only the Armor would unlock the costume since the armor basically is the costume.

Another problem: My orion has clipping problems with the Dyson uniform. At the Tailor everything looks fine but when she is holding a rifle or other weapons, well. look here: http://imgur.com/fapv3Ye

and some problems with the Intel uniform. http://imgur.com/v58l2pd

that part, where the arrow is pointing at, shouldn't be there on the short intel top. it looks like it belongs to the long uniform

Aand another one, maybe already mentioned:

Just played "Dust to Dust" with my KDF Orion toon. Got the Kobali Boff. But why are there only Federation Uniforms available for the Kobali Boffs? No TOS KDF Uniform, Bortasqu, or any other Klingon uniforms. Why only Fed?
    Post edited by willamsheridan on
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I forgot to grab a screen capture of this, but the Krenim Researcher Uniform's right click information appears to by a copy of the Dyson Sphere Researcher Outfit. It mentions a long jacket style, glasses, and a skirt off the top of my head, none of which are included in the outfit.

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty disappointed to see this restricted to the KDF uniform palette, and the belts restricted to that palette with just browns, grays, and greens. Really puts a hinder on using the pieces creatively.

-edit-

I confirmed, it is just a copy/paste of the Dyson Sphere Researcher Outfit's description, with Dyson Sphere changed to Krenim. Both even duplicate the Glasses and Gloves in the list. (And the Dyson Sphere outfit neglects to mention its boots.)
    Post edited by dragonsbrethren on
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Please read the following bug report:

Holodeck ticket 3,687,942: Undocumented change to female noses
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    So, I finally reached T4 Diplomacy... and, therefore, got access to the Diplomat uniform.

This is one of my favorite canon dress uniforms. They just look sharp, IMO. The Diplomat uniform, however, looks... off to me. The badges rest in an odd place on your chest, and the pips are over your right breast (instead of where they should be: on your collar). Observe:

star-trek_insurrection_11.jpg

Rank pips are clearly on the collar, and the commbadge rests just under the gold "shoulder line." Compare this to:

Uniform_Dip_captain.png

From STOWiki... the commbadge is ABOVE the "shoulder line" (the line should probably be moved up, and the badge moved down), and you can't really see the rank insignia, but it rests right above the right "shoulder line", opposite the badge.

I realize that this (along with most, if not all, of the canon uniforms) could have been in this game since launch, but in the interests of Space Barbie... it would be AWESOME if this uniform, and others, got a quality pass/update. They really show their age (graphically, not canonically), when compared to the Odyssey uniforms.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • septicnecrosissepticnecrosis Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I tried searching for this, but either I'm not wording it correctly, or it hasn't been reported here, or everyone knows and just doesn't mention it in case it gets fixed, but...

There's a way to select colours on items with "hidden" colour "slots". For example, if you take "four slot" boots and change the last colour to white, you can swap to your Romulan/TOS thigh boots and have white buttons(?) on them. Or you can use the Intel left wrist item to make non-glowy left wrist items glow like their Federation counterparts (not perfect, it'll round your colour to the nearest valid one).

I guess this'll be resolved whenever the upper body gets revamped, but in the short term you might create appearance problems for yourself if you change a "four slot" item to another one.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    My Klingon is missing all canon uniforms from the shows and films...​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    All Kreetassan options missing from the Head Attach Organic slot on FED Female Aliens.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    mhall85 wrote: »
    So, I finally reached T4 Diplomacy... and, therefore, got access to the Diplomat uniform.

This is one of my favorite canon dress uniforms. They just look sharp, IMO. The Diplomat uniform, however, looks... off to me. The badges rest in an odd place on your chest, and the pips are over your right breast (instead of where they should be: on your collar). Observe:

star-trek_insurrection_11.jpg

Rank pips are clearly on the collar, and the commbadge rests just under the gold "shoulder line." Compare this to:

Uniform_Dip_captain.png

From STOWiki... the commbadge is ABOVE the "shoulder line" (the line should probably be moved up, and the badge moved down), and you can't really see the rank insignia, but it rests right above the right "shoulder line", opposite the badge.

I realize that this (along with most, if not all, of the canon uniforms) could have been in this game since launch, but in the interests of Space Barbie... it would be AWESOME if this uniform, and others, got a quality pass/update. They really show their age (graphically, not canonically), when compared to the Odyssey uniforms.

That's not supposed to be the Insurrection Dress Uniform. It's supposed to be a 2409 Sierra dress uniform. The canon uniform isn't in game.

I think they'd looked at adding it separately along with Worf and Jadzia wedding attire but ground costumes never sold well enough and Lobi uniforms TEND to be cross faction now.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This uniform really needs a rework as it looks weird and low quality in game.
    Bridger.png
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    The B'ves chest is still broken on my Reman. I've tried everything, helmet on/off, different skin color and makeup, different head-type, no Reman hood, redoing the entire costume...absolutely nothing. Still get that ugly hole in her chest.

I did manage to fix it on one of my klingon boffs, though. Had to redo the costume entirely, but it worked.

It's got to be a race-specific issue.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm... KDF and Romulans can now use the 70f9 body suit..... but not the implants.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    I totally forgot to check out the changes to the Talaxian long skirt until I saw it mentioned in the Holodeck notes for tomorrow. I'm...not thrilled. This was one of my absolute favorite off duty pieces, and these changes don't really improve it at all. Here's a gallery I put up:

http://imgur.com/a/PvKbf

The skirt is more flared out now. I get this, it was probably done to lessen the clipping during the walk/run animations, but style-wise, I just don't like it as much. I'll take that minor clipping over this.

Additionally, the sitting animation now makes it clip even worse than it used to. Before, the knees clipped through it slightly. Now, the entire skirt clips through the back of the legs, the front of the skirt billows up, and the right hand clips through the skirt instead of resting on it.

This is an improvement? :disappointed:
  • kemopskemops Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I would like to point out that the Iconian Resistance head attach tech clips with my Ferengi ears. I thought there was an option at one time to have the ears back which would solve the problem. I don't see that option anymore.

In fact, it seems that all the Ferengi head options are gone. Used to have options for ear size and I believe aging. Now all Ferengi look alike.

•Affected character Rig@Spomek, Ferengi, Male, Federation.
    •This problem affects any Ferengi character of either sex.
    •Your submitted bug-ticket number. Don't recall and the ingame bug report "view tickets" does not work.

Here you can find two images illustrating the problem.
    http://thephoenixdivision.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1552&mode=view
    http://thephoenixdivision.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1551&mode=view
    The Iconian vest garments are bugged. My character's torso underneath the outfit is missing when wearing them.
    ^Well, that sucks. I'm hoping this isn't another limited time only, per character costume unlock like the Kobali Uniform.
    GrWzQke.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    ^Well, that sucks. I'm hoping this isn't another limited time only, per character costume unlock like the Kobali Uniform.

Indeed, there's no mention in the dev blog of whether it's a limited time item. I'm hoping not. It still annoys me that the Kobali uniform was a limited time reward and they never told us until the day it was being removed.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    ^Exactly. And I'm afraid of it being the case this time, too, which is why I'd like to know NOW if I need to run all of my toons through it, even though I'll still be annoyed that future toons would be locked out.
    GrWzQke.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    What I would
    hypl wrote: »
    The Iconian vest garments are bugged. My character's torso underneath the outfit is missing when wearing them.

I've noticed this as well on a female Trill. I saw a male character and it seemed to look alright so I don't know if its only limited to females or if males are also affected.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    ^Exactly. And I'm afraid of it being the case this time, too, which is why I'd like to know NOW if I need to run all of my toons through it, even though I'll still be annoyed that future toons would be locked out.

I have a feeling it is the case, even though I can't find anything to say for sure.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    What I would
    hypl wrote: »

I've noticed this as well on a female Trill. I saw a male character and it seemed to look alright so I don't know if its only limited to females or if males are also affected.

I had the problem on my female Reman too, but will also need to run through on a male toon to know if it's just females.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    Seems to be only females. Males that I've seen wearing the vest look fine.
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The iconian head piece is also missing - this seems to be for all females according to this thread:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1203530/iconian-vest-outfit-females-missing-the-headpiece

I have alien females in all three factions and none of them have it available (all three are suffering the hollow chest problem listed above, too).

Otherwise, lovely costume, devs, and thank you! :smiley:
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    A very minor problem in the new Iconian Vest set, the boots are named "Iconian Boots" instead of "Boots Iconian", not following the recent asset reorganization.​​
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I forgot to add--for my Reman female, the arms are invisible as well as the torso.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited September 2015
    Apparently my KDF character doesn't have the outfit...at all. I completed the episode but I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in the Off-Duty category. Strange that my Fed and Fed-Rom characters have a separate pull-down category for it...