test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Operational Support Team: Now Recruiting!

Comments

• joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Star trek online needs expert players who we are here from the beta and they can explain who realizes program and the game what works and what should be improved.
    They do not need techs or programmers, but of players who knows how to play and they know the dynamics of the game :)
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dawnpromisedawnpromise Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I am very interested in helping with this.

Ive a bit of experience in Beta Testing, and actually enjoy studying game design. I have a fair bit of free time to give to the project. Laughingtrendy - I am at your service.
    Stellarum, mea sunt
    The Stars are Mine.
  • necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I'm certainly interested in assisting when I can.
    Part of my job is communicating to software engineers the short version of what my customers are experiencing, providing them technical data about the issue and troubleshooting steps I've taken.
    Further, I've submitted numerous bug reports in the past, and am capable of recording video of issues I'm experiencing.
  • damaged8damaged8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Definitely interested in being part of this.

I'm a software QA in real life so I'd like to think I can string a decent bug report together!
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    joker13874 wrote: »
    Star trek online needs expert players who we are here from the beta and they can explain who realizes program and the game what works and what should be improved.
    They do not need techs or programmers, but of players who knows how to play and they know the dynamics of the game :)

Just because you been playing since Beta doesn't mean that you know the ins and outs of the game.​​
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
    saross wrote: »

Just because you been playing since Beta doesn't mean that you know the ins and outs of the game.​​

Before you speak, come and meet me in the game, so I can help or teach you something☺
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps

Before you speak, come and meet me in the game, so I can help or teach you something☺

Before you inflate your ego anymore you might want to consider the entryway before trying to bring that to a landing.​​
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    saross wrote: »

Agreed, that would be a terrible measure.

Truthfully I think we should have been made to show our deeper knowledge of the game. I'm lucky enough that I could just link some videos but I know plenty of good players who wouldn't test on tribble because they never felt listened to and those people know the game.

Everyone applying should be given the opportunity to show their understanding, and while I know this won't happen now (Trendy said about doing selections sometime this week) it'd go a long way to making sure the best got the roles. I hope I get a place considering the amount I know, but I hope more that everyone who gets in is of the calibre required to help this game get somewhere that is more sustainable AND that they're all team players, or its going to get confrontational :/
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
    The important thing is to help find the faults and to improve the game☺
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Nothing about this looks or sounds like its going to fix or change the issues in this game. People have been bug reporting for years. I mean wasnt the whole point of Tribble was to get more eyes on the content to test it and possibly get some fixes in before the broken content hit Holodeck? To act as if you cant find valuable information in those reports so you need a specialized team made of players is just nonsense. All this tells me is that for years Cryptic has been ignoring bug reports, which many has suspected and accused Cryptic of doing with their automated service, but now that the bugs and lag has cut into the profit of the company suddenly theres this interest in attempting to reach out to the playerbase and make amends. We've seen this in other areas of the game when the Devs decided to label players as exploiters or made wide sweeping changes that backfired. Promising more transparency and less knee-jerk type of reactions. Yet none of that ever came to pass. Anyone remember the long list of lag and rubberbanding issues that the EP posted back after the Anniversary Event? Where are we on that? The lag is still bad. So I really dont see this being any different. Just another promise that will go un-kept.
  • admquinnadmquinn Member Posts: 3 New User
    Section31 stands ready to assist ......in the shadows of course
  • issachullissachull Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Interested enough to want to know details. Have Starship. Will travel. Extensive experience debriefing bugs/gripes after missions. Experience in operational test of highly dynamic avionic systems and used to enjoy the sleuthing involved in in-flight troubleshooting process. Current work as User Requirements analyst on software program that has its own issues. Mediocre player (30k DPS Channel, too stupid to bother to keybind).
  • ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Can the people who participated get a special "MACO" like patch for their character in game? Shouldn't be to hard to modify a patch.
  • azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    If you're looking for a ground player to test things, I'm your man.
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    I am also willing to participate. I have been in closed alphas and betas. I am aware of procedures for reporting bugs and possible resolutions. Just throwing my hat in there.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    ccs46 wrote: »
    Can the people who participated get a special "MACO" like patch for their character in game? Shouldn't be to hard to modify a patch.
    No in-game rewards should be given out for doing this. It attracts all the wrong kind of people for all the wrong reasons.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • llyodstylesllyodstyles Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Fair enough starting with a small amount of players and picking out the ones who you think will be the most successful. I would still like to help in any way possible and personally think this is one of the best ideas that the team have had in years :D
    aesica wrote: »
    No in-game rewards should be given out for doing this. It attracts all the wrong kind of people for all the wrong reasons.

I completely agree with this statement, in game rewards isn't the reason that this has been set up or that we volunteered for!

Looking forward to hopefully working with some of you guys and girls!!

#bugbashers
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    Winston Churchill

1st Lt, M.A.C.O. Foxtrot Squadron

• tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter

^^ So much this! ^^

Honestly when we did have that award for "testing" for an hour on tribble all it did was clog the tribble server up with people who were essentially camping on their doing naff all just to get their reward, it was pathetic. Sometimes it caused log-in queues, and although no bugs that are found at that point were likely to be fixed anyway it did make it hard for real testing to be done.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter

I agree. The only 'reward' from any of this should be a more stable game with fewer bugs. That's more than enough incentive as far as I'm concerned.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • tpau2012tpau2012 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Dear joker13874, you are very active here. That is good, but somehow it seems you missing the point.

If we can help improve the Game and help with fixing issues and bugs, i think we are right here.

If a Player knows how to play, that is one thing.
    If you like me playing this game with a Gamepad you need to get some more skills then the "Play"-Skills, if you have Bugs with it.
    So for me every Programmer/Tech is valuable the same way like a Player.
    Let me be a little provocative...
    How You as a Player will find a Bug in the Keybindcommand "GenButtonClick Awayteampicker_Accept" ?
    Another example from the Save Keybindfile Command.
    A Year ago all Keysbind Keys were written as Human readable Text, now they are only Hexdezimal Values, it is somhow hard to understand the Keyboard/Gamepad Key/Button.
    And what about Transparent Objects in DirectX.
    Or why the Game is not capable of using 1080i resolution in Fullscreen.

So You maybe get an idea that "Techies" and "Proggies" are not neccesary, but usefull.

I hope we all can work together to improve everything, not only the "Gamemechanics".
    And be assured that Techies and Proggies do know the way around on PvP and STF´s. (Even if I blew up the Generator in Infected Space...)

And of course You are right for "Bughunters" (or I would like to call us "Pestcontrollers") you should be playing a while Star Trek Online, bevor an Bug can be noticed.

All the best to all You "Pestcontrollers", may You all find the Way into the Team (Fingers cross).

c.u. Zui from Hamburg, Germany
  • avertyoureyessavertyoureyess Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Count me in!
  • ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I wouldn't count that as a reward, it's just to let people know you participated in something for the greater good of STO(all it will be is a costume option), if not a in game item, what about a tag on the forum? I do however agree that the main goal of this is to have a more stable game.
  • onehappytapewormonehappytapeworm Member Posts: 106 Bug Hunter
    I know I posted once already, but I would love to help. To expand on my request, I play nearly every day. I work nights, and on my off nights I generally play 10 or so hours, as not much else to do while my wife and kids sleep.

I am prior military, so I am a great team player and can follow instructions well. Meaning, if a fellow tester said they needed help confirming a bug, or defining the extent of the bug, they would be able to call on me and direct me as needed.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Hey everyone!

Due to the migration and changes to the inbox system, I'll have to be sending out an ARCMail message when I get back from vacation to all the candidates we've selected for the first wave of the Bug Bashing initiative. Thank you so much everyone; I'm really stoked at how many people want to join.

~LT
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    Can i still sign up?​​
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I've considered volunteering for this, I'm all for making STO less hospitable for bugs. lol

But I held off saying 'Sign me up!' in hopes of there being some more information as to what the volunteers would have to do.

It seems I've waited too long to say I'm interested.

Ah well. For what it's worth, I am interested, I'm just hesitant as to what would be required of me.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    In my opinion (and yes, only mine) I would think what they would need is people who have an eye for seeing things out of place and an ability to do bizarre things that might help to break the game. I say this as someone who worked as one of the the senior testers in QA for Maxis back in the day (Sim City 2000, 3000 and The Sims). A lot of people can play the game, but it sometimes takes an ability to do things others wouldn't do, like spend an hour skirting the edge of known space to see if you fall through it or find something that shouldn't be there (to say one of many different little things you could do). A colleague of mine working for Lucas Arts spent weeks flying one specific mission in Tie Fighter to destroy a star destroyer the devs said couldn't be destroyed, destroying it and completely breaking the game, causing a site panic as the game was about to release a few days later.

As a strong lover of this game, I hope the people they find are that kind because nothing is more frustrating than a stupid bug that shouldn't happen when you were enjoying the game doing something that should never have been diminished by such a moment.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    If this is more than a conceptual idea, i'd be willing to give it a go. Would this involve PvP related issues that overlap PvE? Plenty of experience in the PvP world.

Credentials:
    submitting youtube videos to Gozer before he left which demonstrated things being "out of whack" enabling him to reproduce it easily.
    My fleet were the lab rats for the "No Win Scenario" before it went live. Power creep killed it sadly :(
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    Here is a bug I think. Funny it's playable but trash. I don't know whatalgorithms used to calculate static model(.mdl) or whichever format used translation to a 3D matrix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0NhMzzYpO4
  • agent47bluesunsagent47bluesuns Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Hi there,

I would also like to attend to the "bug hounters", in which case I would like to assent to the statement of littlesarbonn's post, that it should not be the goal to get it broke, but to tell glitches in the program fastly. In that case, I want to recommend an "instant report button" IN-GAME, so in case of an error, it can be reported right there, without having to leave the game and writing a post and so on and so forth...

Additionally, I have a proposal concerning the actual story: Because of the war against the Iconians getting ugly, I would support the idea to RANDOMLY let hords of Herolds appear in PvEs, at the bases, in the fleets, at Romulus,... litterly EVERYWHERE... even in the midst of story missions - that could be something, which only happens now, since it matches the story accuratly. To the audience: what do you think about my proposal?!

Greetings,