test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Operational Support Team: Now Recruiting!

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    If this is still a thing I'd love to help, I've been playing on and off since beta.
  • Options
    gladding61gladding61 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Ill do it, be good to contribute. I have been an analyst/ developer for many years and made a point of identifying bugs. Also i have plenty of free time.
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    If you still need the help, I am willing to offer up some time! There are a few bugs that I noticed in game already and have submitted on my own. I would love to work with the team that identifies the in game bugs and relays that information to STO Q&A team.
  • Options
    sui2ksui2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    is it limited to the english client or are you going after bugs in german client to? beside that i would love to help the STO Team to make this game better
  • Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    So how do I get involved with this shenanigan?
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    zhahiji#2938 zhahiji Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I would actually be more concerned on how intensive would working with this program be..? I mean, would we still be able to play the game..? :expressionless:
    The expectation in terms of submission is a matter of quality, not quantity.

For instance, one of the big concerns is that many people can say "Something doesn't work." However, your ability to discern and disseminate the reasoning for why something doesn't work, reproducing the behavior allows a better understanding of the interworkings that are causing said bug. This is our big goal I'm looking for.

That is not my experience with Cryptic. I followed their process, duplicated the process & results, presented the evidence, & was treated with disdain by the customer service.

Link to the forums covering it: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1218420/temporal-recruit-reward-pack-warp-core-missing

Link to the YouTube video covering it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-bXVLl-1M&t=27s

I guess it was deemed too small of an inconvenience to even acknowledge & correct. My experience with Cryptic & going through the process, investing the time to gather the evidence, duplicating it to make sure it is sound, & presenting it to them was resisted then ignored. This makes me think this is more of a public-relations (PR) stunt more than an actual good service.

• Options
    damonicos#2194 damonicos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How about fixing the completely useless bridge?
    For 1, i shouldnt be beaming onto and off of it.
    2 Sitting in the captains chair should not only always be possible, but should be somewhat useful too.. even if all it did was give me access to a personal log or something.
    3 Sitting in my quarters but unable to access the duty officer console.. why that just makes sitting that much more useless.
    4 turbo lift and bridge officers. Why must they continue to be so useless?

I realize the bridge was added ‘fluff’ and not at all needed for game play, these things just kill the roleplay.
    Love to see things on the ship, perhaps my quarters has a replicator, so hitting it opens the replicator menu. Little things to make it roleplayable would make this 10/10
    Please fix the bridge. Should be the most crucial place, not the most useless
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    well 2018 and so much for this i guess.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."