test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Operational Support Team: Now Recruiting!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
82d3708c208ab276f21d12d2b8f9c1321439601812.png
Hey everyone!

I'm really excited to announce that we're now starting up our latest initiative: the Operational Support Team! I've seen a huge interest in the community to help improve the game, so the team and I have built this program. The Operational Support Team is a volunteer force that will work with our team in order to submit, review, and resolve bugs that you might find. Our goal is to stomp out the bugs!

We will be taking volunteers from the community to join the Operational Support Team. We're looking for high-caliber members from the community who can effectively work alongside us in hunting down bugs. We have a process to assess potential candidates, and will be taking a select amount of people for the program. Members will work alongside the STO QA Team tracking down bugs by developing reproducible steps for issues. As we review the program and its effectiveness, the roster for the team will grow.

Let us know if you're interested in joining the program or if you have any questions!

~LaughingTrendy
#BugBashers

Comments

• Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    What's it pay?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    kozar2 wrote: »
    What's it pay?
    I do appreciate a Ferengi when I see one..

But to answer your question more readily, this is a volunteer program. You can opt in to do this if you so choose.
  • Options
    saleh01onesaleh01one Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I hope this turns out well, and I appreciate that this is finally happening. I however, cannot help, as I'm not to most knowledgeable on game mechanics, nor do I have the time.

Best wishes.
    Markus Elijah Lee - USS Skylake, Fleet Arbiter Battlecruiser T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ussskylake_8710

K'Nor - IKS Ch'Tang, Mat'Ha Raptor T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ikschtang_8710
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    I'd like to join the Team, I have a Reputation for Breaking EVERYTHING of importance in STO. Just ask Taco, EQAH or Zero!

I Broke the Server, for season 9, 9.5 and season 10. I also Broke ESD in the Foundry and caused the Foundry Editor Bug, but more importantly when I break something I usually spend an hour or more trying to find out way, providing a written account of what happened along with Pictures, and if possible Video. I also enjoy spending time in the Bug Forums, helpuign where I can and pointing people to dev responses and duplicate Threads.

So in Short, I'm ready to go and when Something Breaks remember... #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • Options
    autumnraynefyrautumnraynefyr Member Posts: 33 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    What's it pay?

But to answer your question more readily, this is a volunteer program. You can opt in to do this if you so choose.

So a ferengi would ask what it pays, A gorn would likely ask if they can eat the bugs, Trill would probably ask if they could join with them, and the orion would just enslave them.. xD
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    What's it pay?

So a ferengi would ask what it pays, A gorn would likely ask if they can eat the bugs, Trill would probably ask if they could join with them, and the orion would just enslave them.. xD

The orions would only enslave the Males.. the Females would become Vanity Pets. LOL
  • Options
    I would actually be more concerned on how intensive would working with this program be..? I mean, would we still be able to play the game..? :expressionless:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I would actually be more concerned on how intensive would working with this program be..? I mean, would we still be able to play the game..? :expressionless:
    The expectation in terms of submission is a matter of quality, not quantity.

For instance, one of the big concerns is that many people can say "Something doesn't work." However, your ability to discern and disseminate the reasoning for why something doesn't work, reproducing the behavior allows a better understanding of the interworkings that are causing said bug. This is our big goal I'm looking for.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Im interested in joining this. Ive done testing for a program and a KSP mod, so I know a bit about it.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User

7BkDWU3.jpg
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    As an aside, I really am glad ya'll picked up on that reference I made from Troopers.
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    I'd love signing up for this. I love breaking things on tribble, so why not?
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    As an aside, I really am glad ya'll picked up on that reference I made from Troopers.

You expected SciFi fans wouldnt get it? Especially with a mission in game that is basically just Starship Troopers anyway? :P
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    dolamitesdolamites Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would like to work on this, but I do have one question. When are we going to have player crews.... I want my true space sim experience! I want a captain, an XO an engineer, and a tactical officer... and science.... This game would be so freaking cool, if we could just do that. It would stand alone and its Star Trek! How much more awesome do we need....

Anywho I do have a good amount of QA experience in the game Industry, and if for some wonderful reason you could hire someone from Georgia... that would be wonderful. I would love the chance to talk with y'all!

I worked at Sony in San Diego for a little over 2 years in their FPQA Department. I was a game tester there, and i understand fully what you are wanting. I would still be working there, but unfortunately I had to move out of state...
    I understand new builds coming out 2-4 times a day; as well as partaking in regression testing and focused testing.

My email is I guess attached to my forum account? Dunno if i want to put it on the web! :)
  • Options
    shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I've been playing since Beta and would be glad to join the team.

#BugBashers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I'm interested.
    I worked in QA as a tester and test developer for nearly a year at the company I currently work for. I moved to development afterwards where I've remained for the past 7 years. It's not a gaming company, but there is a lot in common.
    I'm also a modder for the game Space Engineers (I wrote the code for the Stargate and FTL mods).

Not to mention I've been here since open beta nearly 6 years ago, use tribble off and on, and submitted countless bugs.

I can send more information in a PM.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I'd be interested in joining as I have been dealing with some bugs. Plus my toon's design is constantly break outfits and clipping.
  • Options
    trwarbucktrwarbuck Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    My knowledge with computers and MS Dos, or whatever lingo computers use is non-existent. But I am interested in helping to see if through game play if I can recreate the bug. I have done numerous bug reports in the past when I have encountered bugs. So if you need someone, I'm here and will gladly help out.
  • Options
    executiveoneexecutiveone Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I would be interested in helping out!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    I'd love to help in any way that I can. :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I am actually interested in joining the team, by the way.. I do have experiences in Bug Reporting and Alpha/Beta Testing, and know my way around complying with NDA (Even though wording that way makes it sound like I violate NDAs.. Not my intention, I have dealt with NDA when doing various testing phases, and know when to keep quiet about things..) ..I am a current alpha tester for a game in Steam's Greenlight, JunkET, as well as assisting with testing on various online games, including stress testing and other various debugging modes.. :3
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    hi I would like to also join the team I have been playing and testing online games for about 6 years now not saying I spot all bugs but if I see them I can let ppl know Lickity Split
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    Do we get an Iconian Boff after a certain number of annoying and significant bugs found? If so, I could start working on studying a contract, Hazari-style. :P
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    genethitamigenethitami Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Veeeery interesting. While I don't know much about programming to fully explain a bug, I do happen to break STO way, way more often than I'd ever like. I would be very interested, thought a big question, will we get a huge list of "known issues" to filter out what's what? IE not report and document something that has been simply not yet fixed?
  • Options
    haarddhaardd Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Count me in. Been troubleshooting since 77
    LTS4LIFE
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'll be back later to address more questions, as I have to head home and rest. I've been at work for just shy of 14 hours so I gotta take care of that.
  • Options
    donburritodonburrito Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I would love to join the team. I've always enjoyed helping others, and I love trying to help find fixes for any kind of errors. I have plenty of widely different toons for all three factions so there are few potential issues that I couldn't try to recreate between them. I work well with others. I'm also in close touch with many different types of players: from the "once-in-a-blue-moon" types, to the party-ers (I'm an admin for the STO Party Animals), the STO radio stations, and podcasters. I look forward to learning more!
    Online DJ and Audio Engineer for Kirtang Pirate Radio and occasional Blog Writer for The G & T Show
    Facebook Page: Don Burrito
    Twitter: @DonBurrito143
  • Options
    malkeckmalkeck Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Im gonna start by saying that lately my playing time on STO is almost non existent. Now i love Star Trek and if there is still an opening ont he team then i would love to help out. One of the reason i slowed down playing was because of bugs so if this can help with getting those bugs fixed faster than I am more than willing to come back, put good time into this, and do everything i can to help improve the overall game experience.

Like i said I'm a big Star Trek fan and if given the opportunity, I will dedicate time to helping find and squash bugs. Just let me know if there is an opening and if I can be of some help in anyway.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Count me in, for everything you need!!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure it's illegal to solicit unpaid volunteers to do work that's currently being done by paid employees. Even if it's not, it's pretty immoral; just hire more QA staff and help the economy.