test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Operational Support Team: Now Recruiting!

Comments

• Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    If this is more than a conceptual idea, i'd be willing to give it a go. Would this involve PvP related issues that overlap PvE? Plenty of experience in the PvP world.

Credentials:
    submitting youtube videos to Gozer before he left which demonstrated things being "out of whack" enabling him to reproduce it easily.
    My fleet were the lab rats for the "No Win Scenario" before it went live. Power creep killed it sadly :(
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    Here is a bug I think. Funny it's playable but trash. I don't know whatalgorithms used to calculate static model(.mdl) or whichever format used translation to a 3D matrix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0NhMzzYpO4
  • Options
    agent47bluesunsagent47bluesuns Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Hi there,

I would also like to attend to the "bug hounters", in which case I would like to assent to the statement of littlesarbonn's post, that it should not be the goal to get it broke, but to tell glitches in the program fastly. In that case, I want to recommend an "instant report button" IN-GAME, so in case of an error, it can be reported right there, without having to leave the game and writing a post and so on and so forth...

Additionally, I have a proposal concerning the actual story: Because of the war against the Iconians getting ugly, I would support the idea to RANDOMLY let hords of Herolds appear in PvEs, at the bases, in the fleets, at Romulus,... litterly EVERYWHERE... even in the midst of story missions - that could be something, which only happens now, since it matches the story accuratly. To the audience: what do you think about my proposal?!

Greetings,
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Good news everyone!

I finally set up everything with the way the new migrated forum structure works! I'm sending out the first wave of invites to the Bug Hunter forums.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »
    kozar2 wrote: »
    What's it pay?
    I do appreciate a Ferengi when I see one..

But to answer your question more readily, this is a volunteer program. You can opt in to do this if you so choose.

So a ferengi would ask what it pays, A gorn would likely ask if they can eat the bugs, Trill would probably ask if they could join with them, and the orion would just enslave them.. xD

The orions would only enslave the Males.. the Females would become Vanity Pets. LOL

My Orion would ask if she could fight the bugs in GLORIOUS BATTLE! but she acts a lot more klingon than most orions.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hehe, my Orion is a pirate who works for the empire.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Hrmm... Is it too late to apply to join the Ops Team? o.o
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    I'll be sending out another wave of invites, this Friday. :)
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015

That's awesome, just to reiterate myself I'm getting a bit tired of just blasting borg and would like to hunt down the elusive 'STO bug'...

I hear they're good eats, gotta find out! :p

Edit: (Translation: I'd like to help out with the bug hunting initiative.)
    Post edited by orion0029 on
  • Options

Sweet, much appreciated Trendy! :)
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,746 Community Moderator

Leet sauce. thanks for keeping us updated. My screen capture video program is updated and ready to hunt bugs if needed. Will make sure to pick up some extra cans of Raid to infuse my phasers with XD.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    syrannitesyrannite Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am very interested in helping with this.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

@pwlaughingtrendy Do you require bribes? I have shiny things, internet shiny things, but shiny things none the less.

vQTD03D.png​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Have the invites already been sent @pwlaughingtrendy or shall we wait some more for them to arrive XD.

:)
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I'd welcome the opportunity to help improve the game I love.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    Have the invites already been sent @pwlaughingtrendy or shall we wait some more for them to arrive XD.

:)
    I will be sending them out EoD

• Options
    Hehehe OK, thanks trendy.
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    i hope im in the second wave <fingers crossed>​​
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    I'd like to help, especially with a recurring bug I get with Dyson Battlezone crashing my Mac Client version. I have been able to repeat the scenario many times.
  • Options
    I would like to join this team and crush bugs!!! I have been playing STO and have been playing since the release of New Romulus. I have found many bugs that apparently many people haven't. For instance, DS9 is a very glitchy place. There is a door with glass windows that, if you walk up to it, instead of seeing a wall on the other side, you will see space! Also, a waitress in Quark's bar and a Bajoran officer around the ship area have a strange set of emotes. The waitress Randomly Coughs And The Bajoran Officer walks Around Randomly, Occaisionally Coughing Or Stretching.

Also, The Scale Of The Tholian Widow Is Insane. I Know That The Scaling Won't Be Perfect, But I Compared My Samsar Cruiser With @mmrsupreme2's WidoW And Bis Ship Looked Noticbly Larger.

A Fun Fact: I Live Very Close To Cryptic Studios HQ. Maybe One Day I Will Be Working There (Or or Working With My Own Game Making Company.)

Why Are All The First Letters In Each Word At The Bottom Area Capitalized?
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    andycman wrote: »
    For instance, DS9 is a very glitchy place. There is a door with glass windows that, if you walk up to it, instead of seeing a wall on the other side, you will see space!

The Romulan Flotilia has a door like that after leaving the Port area on the ship walking towards D'tan.

Like many others I've also discovered various bugs and in some instances even identified the likely cause so hopefully I'll be considered for this team at some point as well... Patiently awaiting to be called into service! Aside from being a fan of trek I also have a technical background as well...

0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    dinkydr2dinkydr2 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Aw, why not? I'll throw my hat into the ring. (fedora :-{)). Been debugging code and automation systems for years, I'd be happy to help out with a game that has so much potential. Just give me a list of what you want, and I'll keep my eyes peeled. I've seen a lot of stuff already, mostly minor.
    "We seee many thingss, We seee new machiness on IX,
    We seee a problemm withh House Atreideesss, We Seee a Problem withh Housse Harkonnenn"

Thank you, Frank Herbert!
  • Options
    mucianusmucianus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I am a massive fan, and have been a member since pre launch; I want to the only completely immersive Star Trek game on the market succeed. Please count me in.
  • Options
    infinitespacesinfinitespaces Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Hey i would like to try and help if possible, if its not too late sign me up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    husker1964husker1964 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    apedilbert wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's illegal to solicit unpaid volunteers to do work that's currently being done by paid employees. Even if it's not, it's pretty immoral; just hire more QA staff and help the economy.

I don't think it's illegal or immoral, just a way to improve the game from the people who play it. I might get the bugs fixed faster.

I'd be interested, but barely have time to play.

• Options
    psychopyro80psychopyro80 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Ohh I love bug squishing... Just came back a couple weeks ago... A little out of step, but I'm game.. haha
  • Options
    mowghtamowghta Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Hello
    I wish to help, but :

- English is not my main language but i understand it
    - I play only Klingon side...

so i want participate actively.
    vAZ8lHW.png

• Options
    hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Still accepting people?
  • Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Invite me plz Trendy and i'll supply you with lifetime bacon.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,424 Arc User
    pwefail wrote: »
    Invite me plz Trendy and i'll supply you with lifetime bacon.

I'm not sure if threatening to give a dev a coronary is a good thing. ^_^​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.