test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drozana Station Never Ending Party

Comments

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    If they are subspace party balls you should need a subspace receiver to be affected by it.

But as [REDACTED] don't like opt in options, it'll likely never be set up that way.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    btw, thx cryptic for the nandi, at least a place where all these pathetic players can't use disco balls

I think if you looked objectively at the evidence, there is a strong correlation between lighting Memorial Spheres and being some of the best, most helpful, most generous and most dedicated players in the game.

you can be what you want, i don't care. keep your bad ideas for you and stop to think that this game is yours. there is a lot of players who just want to play without nuisance. respect, that's all.

i don't hate starfleet Dental, i don't hate the dico balls. your parties on Risa were very cool and yes, generous, but there is a limit where the funny things become really annoying.

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    Have those of you experiencing so called fps-drops tried playing the game on an actual computer instead of your phone? I have PC hardware that's five years old and I don't experience any problems with discoballs.

Oh look, someone who thinks that because they have uberl33t hardware they are better than everyone else.
    Jeremy Clarkson, is that you?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    I think the never ending disco party is pretty cool. I happen to like it that other people dropped the latinum so I can party everywhere. :D

My computer isn't terribly cutting edge, but can render the party just fine.

While this bug should be looked at, let's leave the party amps alone.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Jeremy Clarkson is pure awesome. B)
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I, for one, welcome our new disco ball overlords.​​
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Messing with the timestream failed but disco, disco will be the undoing of the Iconians.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Messing with the timestream failed but disco, disco will be the undoing of the Iconians.

the Iconians finally made it to Drozana, but when they got there, they were presented with the light of truth, the light that purifies, the light of joy. Because they were wicked, and had hearts filled with hatred and malice, the light burned them, it drove them away.

the Iconians finally made it to DS9, but when they got there, they were presented with the light of truth, the light that purifies, the light of joy. Because they were wicked, and had hearts filled with hatred and malice, the light burned them, it drove them away.

the Iconians finally made it to Ganalda, but when they got there, they were presented with the light of truth, the light that purifies, the light of joy. Because they were wicked, and had hearts filled with hatred and malice, the light burned them, it drove them away.

the Iconians finally made it to qonos, but when they got there, they were presented with the light of truth, the light that purifies, the light of joy. Because they were wicked, and had hearts filled with hatred and malice, the light burned them, it drove them away.

the Iconians finally made it to ESD, but when they got there, they were presented with the light of truth, the light that purifies, the light of joy. Because they were wicked, and had hearts filled with hatred and malice, the light burned them, it drove them away.

Thus was the iconian war won and ended.

Ok, this was good.

War won. Forget messing around with time.

I have a new sig now to commemorate this.
  • Options
    johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    Just wondering how long are the never ending subspace party amplifiers are going to be on the station? For those of us that are video challanged, have low band width ISP's or epelepsy it has become a nuicense. I won't mention the names of the members or their fleets that put them there but I will say they are well known for this.

Whomever or whatever is doing this has made it so I've left the game instead of staying in and enjoying it. This garbage is taking place all over K-7 and Ganalda station. It's not only distracting, but it's extremely hard on the eyes. As such I've spent more time at our Embassy fleet asset to get away from it, but still have to return to one of these locations for the exchanging contraband for ore duty officer mission.

Maybe it's about time STO Devs added the Security officer for turning in contraband as a freebie for all fleet assets. Either that or consider banning some accounts. One can only imagine the affect something like this can potentially have on an epileptic to some degree. Especially someone who just discovers there's a problem as a result of this.

Regardless, with the amount of postings here complaining about this, it's obvious that the people playing STO are sick of it. Hint?

• Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    I'm all for adding stuff to fleet holdings. You already have the party nullifiers available to you as well. You can choose to use them.

Yeah, I know. "I shouldn't HAVE to [insert whatever remedy is available to you] !".
    Yeah, you shouldn't have to.
    But you DO have to.
    So do it.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Since pseudo-scripture is being thrown around here like Party Enhancers, here is a few more:

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.
    If He rested maybe the idolaters should give it a rest as well
    And God saw every thing that he had made, and behold, it was very good.
    And then God saw what the wicked idolaters had made with their Celebration Enhancers and his heart grew sad as there was still much work still to be done in turning back the tide of evil.

Given we are in the midst of a Temporal Paradox, could it be that the idolaters want to party like it's 2999?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This issue is both humorous, and interesting. On the one hand, these items are being used exactly as intended. Just because some people don't like seeing them does not mean the people using them are doing anything wrong. On the other hand, I think we all know that there are people who actually enjoy pissing off the people who don't like seeing them, and those people get a kick out of using them as often as possible, and in areas where the most people will see them. While the latter group may have troll-like intentions, their actual behavior is not technically wrong, because again, these items are being used exactly as they were intended to be used.

I'm not sure how technically feasible this would be, but it would be nice if there was simply a command you could /type, or a box you could check in your settings that disabled all visuals for this one specific device. That way the people who wanted to use them could do so, the people who didn't want to see them wouldn't have to, and the people who were just trying to TRIBBLE other people off would have their "power" taken away from them, since they would no longer be able to make people see the visuals.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    This explains why I've seen disco balls in their dozens and at every location i've visited. I wished the Dev didn't come on the thread to explain how to pull it off.....
  • Options
    borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Bright Light! Bright Light!!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Saw some Disco Balls on DS9 today, strategically placed to affect people as they beam in, go to the bank, exchange, and security officer.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Hey... I bought like 17 of the Disco Balls on my KDF with the intent to make J'mpok dance at some point.

And I'm glad I got the Party Nullifier. But if something is going on that is causing Disco Balls to last longer than intended... that is a legitimate bug that should be addressed because there are some people who are sensitive to things like that in terms of health.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Times like this I wish my Nandi bridge had a security officer. Not that I mind party balls but in excess like this is a bit much on the eyes. If they disappeared like normal it would be cool but since they don't its a bit annoying. To the people who dropped them... congrats, you succeeded.
  • Options
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    Bort's already said multiple times that it's getting patched out so never you worry.

I haven't seen anything from Bort myself, then again I haven't haunted the Bug section since the migration.

And while it is not relevant to me, I feel strongly enough that it should be mentioned for those who do instead of this "Disco Balls lasting forever? It is a Miracle!" thing which kinda shows a lack of respect for those who do suffer from it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well the 'beneficent ones' should start passing out Geritol for all those who have iron-poor tired blood, which must be related to their 'tired tedious whining'. They should probably imbibe of it first.

As far as the 'blood sacrifice' to allow a 'miraculous never-ending party' - putting lipstick on a pig doesn't disguise the fact that there is still a pig behind that veneer. Miraculous would be turning water into wine and not this forever lasting annoyance in high trafficked 'business areas'.

I am sure that the people behind this and their so-called Supreme Leader are the 'kindest, bravest, warmest human' beings we 'have ever known in' our lives. (With thanks to Frank Sinatra and Lawrence Harvey).
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    Bort's already said multiple times that it's getting patched out so never you worry.

I haven't seen anything from Bort myself, then again I haven't haunted the Bug section since the migration.

Was posted on twitter.
  • Options
    Again with the lack of respect.

Therefor... I hearby declare my intention to...
    29f.gif
This discussion has been closed.