Install Arc
Options

Drozana Station Never Ending Party

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The thing is...
    How many folks just didn't bother to log in this weekend (and spend any money), once this behavior became common knowledge?
    (like me)

My guess would be this hurt the bottom-line for PWE/Cryptic and there'll be H*E*L*L to pay come tomorrow afternoon when the monetary figures are checked for the last three days.

The folks that found this particular diversion amusing, may find that the owners of the game might not be laughing and They may just take your toy away from you.

There are consequences for misbehavior, be careful that it doesn't come back to bite you in the TRIBBLE.

>shrug<
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    The thing is...
    How many folks just didn't bother to log in this weekend (and spend any money), once this behavior became common knowledge?
    (like me)

My guess would be this hurt the bottom-line for PWE/Cryptic and there'll be H*E*L*L to pay come tomorrow afternoon when the monetary figures are checked for the last three days.

The folks that found this particular diversion amusing, may find that the owners of the game might not be laughing and They may just take your toy away from you.

There are consequences for misbehavior, be careful that it doesn't come back to bite you in the TRIBBLE.

>shrug<

I would think that the amount of people not logging in due to this is insignificant, and doesn't even show up on their metrics. The CC event is still going on, and people are logging in, at least to do that. The only thing that people really need at the starbases is the security officer, all else can be had elsewhere. I normally don't dock nowdays unless I need to drop off contraband, and I can do that at the fleet starbase.

If your starbase doesn't have the security officer, then you can always go and get an invite from a fleet that does. It's faster, I think.
  • Options
    grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    The thing is...
    (like me)

>shrug<

That's a lot of words to say you threw a tantrum and held your breath and the devs still didn't take your threats to leave the game this time for real seriously.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The only thing I know is that where ever I go, I am basked in the glorious light of the most generous Dear Leader.

It is truly inspiring to see His wisdom embodied in the glowing joy of glorious DISCO.
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    I honestly logged in just because I thought it would be hilarious. While I was logged in I did the featured event.

It was pretty funny to see in person.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Some people seem a lot more uptight about this than they should be. I was on drozana station tonight with my romulan to play some dabo. Yes there are a lot of disco balls but I find it sort of humorous. It's really no big deal.

It was definitely more fun back when we could make Morn dance though.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    So is this what "the kiddies" are doing these days for kicks ?
    Ill never understand the younger generation. :D

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    The thing is...
    (like me)

>shrug<

That's a lot of words to say you threw a tantrum and held your breath and the devs still didn't take your threats to leave the game this time for real seriously.

That's a lot of disrespect for people who don't want all the flashing lights hurting their eyes when they try to concentrate on turning in contraband for ore, using the bank, and using the exchange.

It's interesting to note that these are the specific locations targeted by those who find this amusing as well. It's one thing to desire to attend an event with such things and for those who don't want to to be able to pass them by, but this is purposefully targeted. I already use the gadget to stop the ridiculous dancing interruption, have for a long time, but this is a lights issue that at some points cannot even be seen through just to maneuver about.

The bottom line is people are complaining about it. They don't want it forced onto them. Were this not true we wouldn't be here discussing it and there wouldn't be the usual band of forum stalkers who have nothing better to do then get their jollies off of name calling and childish accusations.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    So is this what "the kiddies" are doing these days for kicks ?
    Ill never understand the younger generation. :D
    There are a few things sillier than setting up party amplifiers in social hubs, and one of them is getting up in arms about it, I think. :p​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I saw it for the first time on esd this morning. I guess it represents a desire to affect the game in different ways like killing the npcs and getting out of bounds. The people that figured it out are explorers. However, of course now every sheep will just be a copycat or pidgeon. So I would expect a fix this thursday.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I wondered what was causing this thing to happen. I had suspected it was a new design for Droz, but now it appears to have been player generated. At first, it was annoying as I couldn't see anything beyond those lights, but then I just kind of got used to it, and now run through as fast as possible when doing Spin the Wheel. Where it had bothered me before, well, that feeling went away and now I just kind of accept it as part of the atmosphere. There are far worse things to get annoyed over.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    The thing is...
    (like me)

I have no idea, and neither do you. And because you have no idea, you make no point at all by asking that question.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    I saw it for the first time on esd this morning. I guess it represents a desire to affect the game in different ways like killing the npcs and getting out of bounds. The people that figured it out are explorers. However, of course now every sheep will just be a copycat or pidgeon. So I would expect a fix this thursday.

I think you need to swap in 'it' for an r in your explorers.

The first one to do it was an explorer, if only tenuously.

Everyone else is just an exploiter.

Thank Q for the Nandi and its bank and exchange access.

I don't have much motivation to do much beyond FEs, events, and punching R+D projects for the slim chance ND undoes the damage DR wrought, seeing every place swarmed by disco balls was not adding to my desire to play at all.

You should need a subspace receiver in your inventory to even see the subspace party amp and be affected by it, not a nullifier to not be forced to dance.

This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    The thing is...
    (like me)

>shrug<

Yeah, umm..., No.
    I'm not going anywhere.
    Lifer here.
    I'm planning on sticking around till the game dies or I do.
    (which I have posted on several occasions in the past around here)
    I was merely making an observation.
    While many folks will come into the forums to bemoan the shenanigans, I mostly just state things as I see them.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    The thing is...
    (like me)

I have no idea, and neither do you. And because you have no idea, you make no point at all by asking that question.
    You certainly can dismiss my conjecture, but there's no doubt in my mind that it would be a legitimate concern for the owners of the game.
    Whether it is or isn't, doesn't diminish the point I was making.
    B)
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    That's a lot of disrespect for people who don't want all the flashing lights hurting their eyes when they try to concentrate on turning in contraband for ore, using the bank, and using the exchange.

Umm I'm pretty sure you can do all those things at ESD and Qonos, and I have yet to see lots of disco balls there because of all the instances.

Getting out of bounds is one of my favorite things to do. It's totally harmless and amusing for both myself and onlookers. It's a game. I don't take any of this seriously at all and I like that it can be silly at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaL_I42u9vI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ghfmg7Jlc

The disco balls are way more invasive that getting out of bounds but they're still amusing.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Just so we're all clear here: people can claim they are lighting memorial spheres or just spreading joy all they want, but the actual devs disagree:

If it were truly something that was positive and good intentioned, they wouldn't be fixing or asking people to stop doing it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    There will be much rejoicing, on my end, the day Cryptic bans Dental: all of them, everywhere. For ever.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    Just so we're all clear here: people can claim they are lighting memorial spheres or just spreading joy all they want, but the actual devs disagree:

If it were truly something that was positive and good intentioned, they wouldn't be fixing or asking people to stop doing it.

I rest my case. <chuckle> (I couldn't resist)

Really though, my main concern is that while many find instances like this enjoyable and amusing, there may just be many more who don't, thus effecting the game owners profits.

It also risks the chance of an enjoyable 'toy' being taken away from all of us, and diminishing everyone's fun in the long run.
    >shrug<
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    There will be much rejoicing, on my end, the day Cryptic bans Dental: all of them, everywhere. For ever.

Not going to happen, but dreamers can dream.

Yeah, that's kinda silly.
    It would be nice though, if the leaders of that particular group, would just occasionally rein in their members joyous attempts at mayhem and pandemonium.
    B)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Not going to happen, but dreamers can dream.

Yeah, that's kinda silly.
    It would be nice though, if the leaders of that particular group, would just occasionally rein in their members joyous attempts at mayhem and pandemonium.
    B)

Some people get off on making other people mad. Whether those people who are getting mad are simply too sensitive or have a legitimate issue, it doesn't matter to the people who get off on it. So, those people aren't going to "rein in" something they are doing on purpose, and enjoy.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User

That's not true. It was always going to be fixed. Pretending that it's only getting fixed now because people with 20 year old laptops are getting performance issues or faking epilepsy is pretty low. The memorial spheres were lit while the chance was there, in the full knowledge they'd be coming down by Thursday. The devs are obviously asking for them to stop because they're sick and tired of having to deal with the same old group bitching and moaning about everything that a certain fleet does (or just gets blamed for). Just look at Borticus' twitter and the people screaming at him for daring to let people know about a harmless bug. If you guys sat back and relaxed and stopped taking every little tiny thing in this game as a personal affront you might just have some fun again.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    The devs are obviously asking for them to stop because they're sick and tired of having to deal with the same old group bitching and moaning about everything that a certain fleet does

There are actually 2 groups:

1) the people complaining about said fleet

2) the people complaining about the people complaining about said fleet

You would be #2.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.