test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experiencing Sound/ Audio Bugs or Issues? Post about them in here!

Comments

• Options
    victoriacharlmagvictoriacharlmag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Fresh install of the game, not one sound from the game at all. Can't seem to get any sounds out of the game at all. No other problems on the computer.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Audio but no graphics when run normally.
    Graphics but no audio in compatability mode (xp sp3).
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    darealgeekdarealgeek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fresh install of the game, not one sound from the game at all. Can't seem to get any sounds out of the game at all. No other problems on the computer.

Same problem here. Kinda annoying. ;)
    Can anyone help me please? Pretty please?!
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My problem is that the game doesn't display some effects, such as gravity wells, tykens, gravitic rifts from dyson torp etc... I maxed out almost every graphics detail, reseted the HUD, but still, no effect. I have W8.1, and a Radeon HD7000 card with latest drivers. If someone could give a solution I would really appreciate!
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    arjeidiarjeidi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi,

new player here and I noticed that the game self-mutes if I tab to another window (browser, skype). Is there any way to change this so the sound continues? I stream when I play and when I tab to skype and the game self-mutes, it also self-mutes on stream so viewers get interrupted audio and its just very inconvenient. I can understand the benefits of the feature but I'm hoping there's a way to toggle this off. I couldn't find anything in-game related to it.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It says to post here, so I'll post here - though I was going to post a new thread - oh well...

So I upgraded to Win 8.1 earlier today and I have noticed the most curious thing...

I've got an ECS A780GM-A Ultra mobo with Realtek ALC888 sound. Before upgrading to Win 8.1, I had my in-game volume set to 20% and it was perfect. After the upgrade, even at 100% it is too quiet. Sound outside of the game is fine...it's just in-game...it's gotten so damn quiet.

Anybody else experienced this curious issue...?
  • Options
    dilegodilego Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since a couple of days ago, I've been getting these weird cracking sounds in STO. I hear them even when the game is minimized, and only when STO is running. I've messed around and experimented with everything and anything I can think of, options-wise, to no avail.

It has gotten to the point where I'm forced to turn off audio in the game options. Is there any solution to this issue? If I completely re-install the game, will it go away?

I want to be able to listen to audio! :(
  • Options
    psiwuffpsiwuff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would like to chime in. I too am getting those strange cracking sounds every now and then, even when the game is minimized/tabbed out and thus muted. It really is quite annoying, and after reading a giant - now closed - thread about it, I'm still lacking any sort of explanation or solution for it.
  • Options
    xstarhammerxxstarhammerx Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is there any way to disable footstep sounds? I see posts about people complaining they're gone, but I wish I had that trouble. For me, footsteps always sound like random speaker popping/crackling. Nothing else, just footsteps. It's awful. I don't want to lose other sounds, but I'd really like to get rid of this...
  • Options
    hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi guys,

I m having sound issues since I started playing this game 2 months ago. I use a Creative Sound Blaster Z and I noticed this:

If I put out the sound optical to my sound system all is fine except for when theres too much shooting and stuff happening it sounds like the software audio engine of the game is overloaded and starts skipping sounds.

If I play on my Headset which is connected with a normal 3,5mm jack I get sound crackling weird noises stuttering static + skipping sounds. I tried all settings from simple stereo to upmixing virtual surround etc. nothing helps.

My computer is high end and this is the only game that gives me audio issues at all.

Can someone help?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lol is anyone even reading or caring about this? Searching a bit reveals I m not the only one with sound problems in STO. And now the new season 9 even gives my R9 290 a hard time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just logged in and am getting non STO music, it's some kind of rock music and I can't turn it off without muting all audio in the game. Anybody else having this issue?
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Since S9 patch now I am getting buzzing and cracking noise, freezing and lag. If I am doing a load-out the game is like 7 clicks behind me. I have been playing 3 years and never had any game issues. The PC I am on is 4 months old and has a $700 video card and 16 gb ram and a 3.8 ivy bridge quad core prossessor so its not for lack of resources. The game is lagging freezing crashing, with constant buzzing and cracking with skipping voices and stuck warp out sound playing over and over. All this started with the S9 patch. Now game is pretty unplayable.
  • Options
    kamikazi2142kamikazi2142 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Most of my post here is what i posted on another thread related to this issue... I just want to disclose that i did not intend to spam threads with this issue, i simply didn't see this one first.

My problem is losing audio, decreasing samples, audio NOT playing where there should be audio...

For the longest time i have had this issue with STO since before last christmas, i noticed that STO doesn't care what the audio settings are at. If i decrease the volume, exit and run again, STO resets the volume level, regardless of the volume slider setting, my volume keeps getting louder, and i always have to reduce the volume every time i load STO.

Close STO with volume at 50%, launch again and it is reset to 100% even though the slider is at 50%, now i can barely hear anyone in my teamspeak with the STO volume at 4%

Additionally, the worst began with the new feature episode of Season 9, where the narration starring Tuvok, is barely audible, my last run through the mission was a silent movie.

Audio level keeps self adjusting to 100% regardless of in game setting, and audio samples drop in matches with a lot of beams, cannons, and torpedo's being fired.

Would love a recode for the audio! it seems long overdue!

@redsnake721: I too am hearing these crackles and pops, though not the freezing and lag. Although, my crackles and pops have been there since F2P launch in January 2012 (i started in November 2011)
    hatchetl4d wrote: »
    lol is anyone even reading or caring about this? Searching a bit reveals I m not the only one with sound problems in STO. And now the new season 9 even gives my R9 290 a hard time.

Fascinating, a 290 dual GPU GFX card struggling? I have dual 7850's and 8x AA with no problems, thank you for this heads up though, as now i am not going to upgrade to dual 270X's.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    No worries the 290 is a beast. I found the problem it seems that dynamic lightning is causing problems for some users, disabling this and everything else maxed out works fine for me. The 290 is a single GPU card by the way.

I still have the horrible sound blistering noise TRIBBLE tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've noticed that my audio has been having some issues for about the last month. I think it might've began around when the downloading began occurring during the log-out process. Since then my transporting, personal & starship, is iffy & my jetpack on Risa is very muted. Not other NPCs & players but mine. Yes, I have attempted full volume & different audio settings to compensate. I'm not sure if part of my in-game audio settings got resetted or my actual computer's audio got resetted. But, my audio fluctuation began around the same time as the downloading/patching while exiting the game began. It's not detrimental to the game play but definitely noticeable.
  • Options
    tvenus67tvenus67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since 9.5 patch I have a horrid buzzing feedback noise when the client is running, all screens including the character choice page... even with all sound off in game and on my system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going, and hook up with them later.
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Getting this crazy bugging sound ever so often playing STO..thought it was something to do with the voice chat but checked to see ..ive turned it off? whats the deal with this? Also may not be the place but cant see weapons fire or shields in large population stfs.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    eclipsoreclipsor Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tvenus67 wrote: »
    Since 9.5 patch I have a horrid buzzing feedback noise when the client is running, all screens including the character choice page... even with all sound off in game and on my system.

Im getting that too, loading screens also make a weird high pitched noise and then the buzzing, turning off the sound in-game doesnt stop it, and whats even stranger is that it still goes on if you mute the sound in the sound control panel... Also it immediately stops if I alt-tab out of the game (but I can still see the game load from behind the other window Ive alt tabbed to). I thought that my internal sound card has issues with power supply but no this sound only appears in STO. This is really puzzling and frustrating and I hope we'll get a fix soon.

EDIT: Rather than stopping when alt tabbed, it gets quieter, couldnt hear it when I was first testing the issue.
  • Options
    windnia1windnia1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ok help. I have no sound at all when I log into STO through the cryptic launcher it just started after January 2nd. If I log on using ARC I have sound but horrible lag that keeps me from playing. I timed the Arc and it actually took one minute to log off and I was just standing in the earth space dock. can someone help me. I have sound in all other programs.
  • Options
    tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also have a problem with no sound at all after log in from character screen onwards.

Only fix i found is closing down game and restarting, but this also is not a guranteed fix everytime.

Only started recently.
  • Options
    hawkflighthawkflight Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm having a bug where none of the NPCs have voiced dialogue. Every time someone says something, it's just ... mute. How do I fix this?
    PLEASE, for the love of all that is chocolate. If your advice involves me spending IRL money on this game, save us both the trouble and don't bother. I've already spent as much money as I can afford on this game. Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    ktip09ktip09 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    HI!....HOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM...This is the Second time this has happened and that is when I log in with my Federation Character and start playing the game, I all of a sudden hear what sounds like these guys running TV episodes of Star trek in the background!! It is EXTREMELY ANNOYING!! to be hearing all of this while I am trying to play the game! I want to be experiencing the in-Game World and not have to keep hearing this. It almost sounds like someone's playing some kind of a joke! I REALLY hope that I'm not the ONLY one experiencing this! If I am...then that would be VERY upsetting!:mad:
  • Options
    randombystanderrandombystander Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As in title, every few seconds my game's ambient audio keeps fading out and then back in, like a poor loop... It's very annoying, and I know it's not supposed to happen.

Suggestions?
  • Options
    tombstone284tombstone284 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This just started tonight. i was standing at the bank on esd and i hit the windows key and before that i could hear someone playing the game ie doing missions and stuff and it wasn't me. i have a witness to the fact that i wasn't doing anything. and they could hear it on team speak and i thought at first it was someone with their mic open on ts but no that wasn't the case.
  • Options
    clmh32clmh32 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is anyone having trouble with the Featured Episode Uneasy Allies. I start playing the mission and get to a certain point and the game crashes. The game says it is a problem with the display driver for the AMD R9 290 graphics card. I have the latest driver installed for the card and catylst control center software. The graphics card is new and I have no problems with any other game or apps, just when I play STO and the Uneasy Allies mission. Any help would be appreciated. I already had start that mission over three times and not going try until I can get this taken care of.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In the Blood of Ancients mission, during both the intro cutscene on ESD and the final cutscene on the Flotilla, two different pieces of music play simultaneously and overlap each other, making the cutscenes extremely difficult to listen to.

Specifically, what happens is, a song starts playing while the cutscene is loading, and then another song starts playing when the cutscene starts without stopping the first song.
  • Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    In some of the ground Iconian maps and the Romulan ground maps I am getting a popping sound. It drives me nuts. On any other map such as ESD it is fine. Doesn't happen when the game is closed either. Ideas?
  • Options
    liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I updated to windows 10 on 8/6 and ever since then i noticed that sounds related to my character or ship seem distant or gone entirely but sounds from other players or mobs close by seem to be working fine, soundtrack seems ok though.
  • Options
    aerous77aerous77 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    liontriad wrote: »
    I updated to windows 10 on 8/6 and ever since then i noticed that sounds related to my character or ship seem distant or gone entirely but sounds from other players or mobs close by seem to be working fine, soundtrack seems ok though.

Same here!
    “The miracle is this - the more we share, the more we have.” ― Leonard Nimoy.
This discussion has been closed.