test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experiencing Sound/ Audio Bugs or Issues? Post about them in here!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ok i just tested this by going ingot control pannel/ sound and dumbing down my capabilities to 5.1 and the buzzing is in fact gone. This i guess will have to due until Cryptic get on the ball and fixes their mistake.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I seem to have the problem on DS9 as well, however it has now spread to Bajor, I did some experimenting and it seems it only occurs when playing the game with my Logitech G35 headset, perhaps the drivers for the headset don't agree with the game?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I seem to have the problem on DS9 as well, however it has now spread to Bajor, I did some experimenting and it seems it only occurs when playing the game with my Logitech G35 headset, perhaps the drivers for the headset don't agree with the game?

It's a problem with more than the g35. It happening on devices that mainly use 7.1 and since the g35 is 7.1 is why you are experiencing the sound bug.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I use onboard 7.1 sound card Realtek ALC888 chipset, driver version 6.0.1.6526 through Creative Inspire P7800 90 Watts 7.1 Speaker system.

On Bajor as soon as I get to the admirals office near the big tree the, horrid buzzing (head stuck in a Tesla coil ) sound starts. This sound stays until you exit out of the game completely to the desktop. The only way so far around this issue is for me to drop my speaker config though windows/control pannel/sounds to 5.1.
    This is 2 for 2 now. Lets see if we can make it 3 for 3 with the next part of the FE. How something as fundamental to a game as sound goes unchecked and unfixed just boggles me. It really calls into question the professionalism of who ever is in charge.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    defendra wrote:
    I use onboard 7.1 sound card Realtek ALC888 chipset, driver version 6.0.1.6526 through Creative Inspire P7800 90 Watts 7.1 Speaker system.

On Bajor as soon as I get to the admirals office near the big tree the, horrid buzzing (head stuck in a Tesla coil ) sound starts. This sound stays until you exit out of the game completely to the desktop. The only way so far around this issue is for me to drop my speaker config though windows/control pannel/sounds to 5.1.
    This is 2 for 2 now. Lets see if we can make it 3 for 3 with the next part of the FE. How something as fundamental to a game as sound goes unchecked and unfixed just boggles me. It really calls into question the professionalism of who ever is in charge.

/signed

It is troubling, however they will get around to fixing it. DS9 was this way forever until they found it. This just shows its not restricted to just one type of device. Its clearly a 7.1 sound issue. Everyone I have seen with this issue has at least 7.1. Unfortunately on my G35, I have no option to drop down to 5.1 or at least none I have found. Other than that, I don't think there is anything better for sound quality unless you were to upgrade to a BOSE sound system which I plan on doing at some point when I win the lottery. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    There is already a thread started on this issue under PC and Tech Issues that a dev has responded to.

I think we are also supposed to post here since this thred has been marked DEV and post about them here :)
    About the issue, to me it sounds that what ever script they use with regards to sound simply has one of the 7.1 channels out of whack (side right and left channels) and those have a re verb setting that is far to high. Like the feed back you get when you have a mic to close the speakers and the echo goes crazy.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    defendra wrote:
    I think we are also supposed to post here since this thred has been marked DEV and post about them here :)

If you look that post was specifically for DS9, not Bajor AND a dev posted there as well...;);) JTFrost on page two from Cryptic Studios Team... But yes, this is the one we are now using for Bajor Social Zone...:)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What gives...I had to log out of the game and log back in, but the sound is still there...its the same annoying sound that was on the DS9 Station several weeks ago....and btw once the devs fixed the DS9 sound issue they created "dead" spots where ambient noise no longer exists.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I've noticed that the borg cube are acting as if it was a barge on troubled water as if I should pay any tribute to religion. Also found sound problem, I first though it was someone microphone that was left unchecked during an STF in kitomer accord but it changed to something like an insect with some very strange sound.

The zone chat is sometime pretty ugly as usual and most plp look like they are dead or some AI programmed bot.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    This is an old issue but it's come back and it's really annoying.

In combat, music plays while you fight, only with this bug it plays one time,
    and when it ends the next combat you get into starts playing music, but
    immediately ends and all you hear is silence.

And while this is happening, lots of sounds start cutting out like there's
    just too much going on for it to handle.

I have a Soundblaster X-FI Titanium and am using my desktop speakers.
    This bug was fixed but I imagine the switch to DX 10 caused a lot of
    problems.

Either way, this is ruinous of my immersion.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The Defera Ground Event Base Camp music seems to be for the Base Camp only, i.e. it stops playing when I venture out and into areas like Power Plant etc.

Is this working as intended? Should this music play everywhere during the invasion timeslot?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The rear weapons make noise but the front do not any ideas?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    My sound issue is that this Star Trek game doesn't have the Star Trek theme or any Star Trek music for that matter.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I just got the Omega force antiproton autocarbine MK XI and right from the start its bugged it has no sound when it fires and the shots look like flat square blocks. how does this get fixed?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Omega Force Autocarbine: Sound does not work. I've seen a similar deal with a plasma minigun on an old tribble build. Really annoying when I can't here my gun shoot at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    any thoughts on how this gets fixed? still waiting for a response because i sure would like to use my auto carbine and right now its useless.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    If you mess around, all of the ap weapons are similarly affected. AP mk x minigun, primary attack has no sound.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    seriously. i saved up edc's for a while to get the autocarbine and now i finally get it and i can't hear it. what gives? this is disappointing.
  • Options
    fifthofjackfifthofjack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There are definite "Audio Dead Zones" when transitioning from one room to another within the Tholian Cave system, most notably the second or medium level areas. All members of my team and of my Fleet have noticed these zones. All background sounds will drop out and only character sounds will be herd.
    T'Plaas Fleet XO Icarus Elite / Icarus Imperium
    Fifth of Jack XO House of Icarus
    [SIGPIC]http://http://icaruselite.org/smf/index.php[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nps2nps2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. If not I apologize and please move it to the appropriate place. Ever since the season 6 patch/launch all of the FX sounds I hear ( space/ground weapons, slipstream/transwarp, powers/buffs, mining, etc. ) have become VERY muted. If I zoom in all the way on my character they increase a very tiny bit. I have tried changing all the audio settings to different levels several times, checking my sound card drivers ( nothing changed ), force verifying, logging out, quitting the game completely and re-launching, disabled on demand patching, and even re-booting my PC but nothing has worked. The music and ambient sounds work fine however. All the other games and other programs I run work just fine also. This is only happening in STO and only since the season 6 launch. I submitted an in-game ticket ( ticket ID # 1,365,609 ) but have not heard anything back about it. This issue is making it almost not worth playing STO anymore. Please help me with this. Thank you.
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In fleet action Starbase fleet defence. This female Klingon doesn't want to stop talking. Even though you end up the fleet action. She is still talking. Any sound are muted or almost muted. Can you imagine you're on DS9 and the female klingon is still talking.
    The only way I found to resolv this .IT's restart the game. I confess it's little bit boring :)
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In fleet action Starbase fleet defence. This female Klingon doesn't want to stop talking. Even though you end up the fleet action. She is still talking. Any sound are muted or almost muted. Can you imagine you're on DS9 and the female klingon is still talking.
    The only way I found to resolv this .IT's restart the game. I confess it's little bit boring :)

This thread details that bug. I also posted my own not long before but it seems to have dropped off the face of the forum!

It's also happening on fed side and causes insane cpu usage from an already overly cpu intensive game.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

It's not just KDF side.

The excitable young man on SF side gets caught in a loop And when he does my FPS goes into decimal points. (The audio files start stacking and it tries to play multiple ones at one).

Map: Starbase Fleet Defense

Windows 7-64
    Coire2Quad 3.0Ghz
    4G DDR2 @ 1066
    GTX275 (Drivers: 295.73)
    Realtek HD Audio onboard (Drivers: 6.0.1.6662 6/19/2012)
    Generic analog stereo speakers.
    edited July 2012
    That's what happens to me beezle23. It's hammering my poor old core2 duo e8400. It's normally averaging around 60% usage but when this bug kicks in it will hit a solid 100% no matter what I do. I have no option but to leave the game as soon as I notice it occuring :(
    I need a beer.

• Options
    cipricomunistucipricomunistu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    3 days have pased and y cant exchange dilithium ore it tels me y already exchange 8 k today... y didn't and it dosent seam to let me exchange aany longer ....sugestion what can y doo pls help me!:mad: [y know about every dai limit of 8 k and y have 80 k ore so its not that]
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    last time i did a fleet action or PvE or PvP, there were heaps of ships, so it was a big battle. Anyway, i found the sound in the game wasn't keeping up. I since then have update my audio drivers, but still find the sound a bit glitchy here n there, to even the smallest of things like when your beaming in to the space dock from your ship, sometimes i will get some or most of the beaming in/out sounds, but cuts out before it finishes.
    The little things dont bother me so much, but when your in a big battle like i was, you want to hear everything, not just dribs n drabs :)

any suggestions? or is this a well known bug?
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    henrik68henrik68 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have the same problem, thought it was only me but after reading on i noticed that many seem to have this problem as 'o late?

Ussually happens when i am playing group missions like STF's and such...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In STF Cure Ground Elite or Normal.
    I can't hear the pulsewave weapon. Especially mine.
    When we start after the shield down. For the first and the second Borg group. When I shot borg with pulsewave weapon. I can't hear my gun.
    After the first turret, it seems it's ok.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ever since 2 patches ago antiproton sounds are much louder than they have been (in space). If my ship is right next to someone who has antiproton weapons (I have phasers), I can't even hear my phaser sounds in leiu of hearing antiproton weapon sounds completely drowning mine. Even if they move 10 or 20 KM away, their weapon sounds are still prevalent over mine, although I can hear mine more clearly at that point.

All my fleet mates have noticed this as well, so it isn't just me. Tetryon also seems to do this as well.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    josiah957josiah957 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So I am posting here because it seems this forum has no actual location for support tickets. I have had a PW account for a bit now and it has been active but I seem to not have "permission" to start a thread. Which I don't understand how to ask for help other then to post in here which it doesn't belong.

But that issue aside. I am trying to create an account. It keeps telling me character creation failed. But alas, for who knows what reason, it gives no reason why it failed. So I have to guess at what the issue was(name taken, inappropriate name, wrong ship name, etc) and redo the process. I looked this up on google and it seems to be a incredibly common issue that seems to get no real replies back. So I am looking for help otherwise this was a useless download and long attempt to play.
    Any support would be appreciated but please do not reply saying anything generic that I have seen. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.