Comments

• Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    What is the current ETA ?
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Most People Bash EA, but at least when EA/Bioware says they'll be up at a certain time. they stick to their word, and get their s**t done. Unlike Cryptic.

You do know that SWTOR had a twelve hour maintenance just a couple days ago right? And, perhaps ironically, it too was extended by two hours which kinda disproves your point. o:) Incidently, I at least, have never bashed Bioware for anything (Except ME3's stupid linear ending) or EA for anything mechanically related. I bash EA for being greedy. ;)

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    usmc47 wrote: »
    Its funny.... this is like the 3rd time the servers have been upgraded in less then a week.... each time it is 6 hours... could it be possible that it is not an upgrade like they are claiming, but maybe a server switch all together and the reason it is taking so long is that everyone's account have mysteriously disappeared like they were pulled into a black hole????

Well....I am still missing my Combat Horta and some other things purchased from the C-store since the last patch maybe they took 6 hours to get him back to me....I miss him terribly *cries*
  • Options
    urmuz1urmuz1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    whem i try to open STO
    \ntrolling.jpg
    Not an ARC user
  • Options
    gamersaint76gamersaint76 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Sorry if this has already been brought up but didn't want to read through the insane amount of posts on this thread .. Is there any notice of or attention given to the constant crashing issues in the Dyson Voth Ground Battlezone?

Haven't you read, that has been fixed in the maintenance back on June 4th. IT... HAS... BEEN... FIXED !!! So the crashes we are now experiencing several times per hour in Zaria and Dyson ground outskirts must be on our side because they fixed it. Says so in the patch notes. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9316513-star-trek-online:-release-notes:-june-4th,-2015

And there are five lights as far as you're concerned!

o.O Fixed, huh? .. Hmm, judging by the quality of the "fix" it must have been contracted by the US Gov
  • Options
    stoguy1stoguy1 Member Posts: 3
    We've noticed a few irregularities with the patcher. We're extending maintenance by an additional hour for monitoring to ensure no problems occur. We estimate 2pm PDT.

The fail never ceases to amaze me. I registered just to reply to this with:

facepalm30.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Its funny.... this is like the 3rd time the servers have been upgraded in less then a week.... each time it is 6 hours... could it be possible that it is not an upgrade like they are claiming, but maybe a server switch all together and the reason it is taking so long is that everyone's account have mysteriously disappeared like they were pulled into a black hole????

Well....I am still missing my Combat Horta and some other things purchased from the C-store since the last patch maybe they took 6 hours to get him back to me....I miss him terribly *cries*

And the Odyssey 1 combadge went missing on females just days before S10.

I'm not saying it was Iconians, but... it was Iconians.
  • Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Maintenance was extended to other two hours as stated.
    sad panda :)
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    celljunkycelljunky Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    New patch of no loging not even past the launcher update. Another awesome but typical developer nightmare
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Players, at times, be like
    frabz-Let-me-think-I-guess-youre-right-my-experience-wont-help-you-avo-d303bf.jpg
    And while you wait....

Funny thing is, I actually like this song.
    signature.png
  • Options
    nomadmitchellnomadmitchell Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    celiea32 wrote: »
    Well then I bet it will be down the whole day I have a feeling so for get on playing today. But I don't have much conifense in Cryptic anymore they have bug up the ears and they still havn't fixxed them even back when the game was launched.

Most People Bash EA, but at least when EA/Bioware says they'll be up at a certain time. they stick to their word, and get their s**t done. Unlike Cryptic.

Yeah right - EVERY MMO company has often missed/extended their ETA's on maintenance, and EA is no exception to this fact.

Yeah, Least EA can plan correctly. For the Most part (95% of the time that is.), when they say "The Servers will be down for 12 hours" The times are correct, I've seen them delay their maintenance time Once. and that was for the Shadows of Revan Expansion. So, Pardon me when I say. Eat It M8.
    <Zorz><Invictus><Intrepid>
    Dread Master, Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
    The Revanchist, The Eternal Warrior, From Beyond
    Conquerer Of The Dread Fortress, Deposer of The Dread Masters
    I've Killed Dread Masters, Revan, Vengeful Spirits, Kephess, and Overzealous Hutts.. All in the name of Progress.
  • Options
    shen69shen69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Ummm, IT guys.... Just a hint from someone who's a Server Admin, Bring your new servers up on a test network, make sure they work with the patch, then when you are 100% sure they will work, only then do you switch them to being live. You'll have a lot less down time. And if it doesn't work when you switch it to go live you give yourself, depending on if your server is internal employee or external customer, a minimal amount of time and if you can't figure it out you switch back to the old servers until you figure it out on the test network. 10 hours downtime on an external server for a customer driven business model is CRAZY. I would have been fired if I ever took 30 min for those servers, you guys have very forgiving bosses.
  • Options
    shen69 wrote: »
    Ummm, IT guys.... Just a hint from someone who's a Server Admin, Bring your new servers up on a test network, make sure they work with the patch, then when you are 100% sure they will work, only then do you switch them to being live. You'll have a lot less down time. And if it doesn't work when you switch it to go live you give yourself, depending on if your server is internal employee or external customer, a minimal amount of time and if you can't figure it out you switch back to the old servers until you figure it out on the test network. 10 hours downtime on an external server for a customer driven business model is CRAZY. I would have been fired if I ever took 30 min for those servers, you guys have very forgiving bosses.

umm no. they are not the IT guys. this is Cryptic's servers. they are known for those issues.
  • Options
    nomadmitchellnomadmitchell Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zarato4218 wrote: »

You do know that SWTOR had a twelve hour maintenance just a couple days ago right? And, perhaps ironically, it too was extended by two hours which kinda disproves your point. o:) Incidently, I at least, have never bashed Bioware for anything (Except ME3's stupid linear ending) or EA for anything mechanically related. I bash EA for being greedy. ;)

Yeah, I know. I was in the Middle of Raid when the servers went down @ 20:00 PST (also, EA is by far less greedy than Cryptic.)
    <Zorz><Invictus><Intrepid>
    Dread Master, Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
    The Revanchist, The Eternal Warrior, From Beyond
    Conquerer Of The Dread Fortress, Deposer of The Dread Masters
    I've Killed Dread Masters, Revan, Vengeful Spirits, Kephess, and Overzealous Hutts.. All in the name of Progress.
  • Options
    maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    jeez people. just pull out your Kindle and read a good Star Trek novel.
  • Options
    Hey Trendy, will this help?

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    As long as they make sure everything is kosher, I don't care how many times they extend it.
  • Options
    usmc47usmc47 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My name is usmc47 and I kept pushing it!
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    maracroft wrote: »
    jeez people. just pull out your Kindle and read a good Star Trek novel.
    my-mom-and-her-sisters-were-playing-cards-and-wouldnt-let-me-join-60765.jpg
    :D
    signature.png
  • Options
    We're sorry guys for the long delay during the Star Trek Online upgrade. Be advised that the reason for the delay is that we have hired a new tech support agent and he seems to be a little preoccupied......

Have a Good Day,

From the STO Team!

lol you got edited by Trendy. be good boy or she will spank you :)
  • Options
    kamenridersaswordkamenridersasword Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Personally im watching trek while waiting to play trek. Hurry up cryptic the sooner you bring back your servers the sooner I can buy my lifetime sub! I know you want my money!
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Yeah. There's a line between being frustrated (which I am too) and actively inflaming the situation. I would highly advise against mocking.
  • Options
    Yeah. There's a line between being frustrated (which I am too) and actively inflaming the situation. I would highly advise against mocking.

will you spank them if they cross the line :wink:
  • Options

george-takei-oh-my-decal.jpg

• Options
    usmc47usmc47 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    We're sorry guys for the long delay during the Star Trek Online upgrade. Be advised that the reason for the delay is that we have hired a new tech support agent and he seems to be a little preoccupied......

Have a Good Day,

From the STO Team!

It is funny that they have the time to edit posts but they can't seem to make the server work......
  • Options
    ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    lets just hope it will work without big problems once the servers are up again
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    hey Laughing Trendy,
    i know u said like 2 hours extra, is there been any news of the eta or is the eta still the same.
    as me thinking it could be midnight before i get on it lol
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
This discussion has been closed.