test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do You like the new forums?

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    Oh god no! I hate it! and i can't unsee what i just saw it's horrible make it stop!!!
    Awesome, now I'm seeing Neverwinter threads even though Neverwinter is hidden as well... /facepalm
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Oh god no! I hate it! and i can't unsee what i just saw it's horrible make it stop!!!
    Awesome, now I'm seeing Neverwinter threads even though Neverwinter is hidden as well... /facepalm

I think this is happening because they have been changing some board names (to help distinguish between boards with the same name). If you unhide then rehide the category again it seems to clear it up. I'm guessing it hides based on board name and when they change the board name then it's no longer hidden even if the root category is hidden.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    The new forums are simply awesome, such a joy to behold.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.

I think this is happening because they have been changing some board names (to help distinguish between boards with the same name). If you unhide then rehide the category again it seems to clear it up. I'm guessing it hides based on board name and when they change the board name then it's no longer hidden even if the root category is hidden.

Thanks for that, I'll take a shot at trying it.

Awesome, that took care of it. Just had to unhide/rehide those that had started to appear. Thanks again.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    Meh don't really care one way or the other
    I can get used to just about anything, but I have some problems.

First and foremost, I have to keep scrolling back up to the top of the page to move on to the next page. I consider paging controls at the bottom to be mandatory.

Also, I barely ever even logged into CO. I would like to find a way to change my forum title, especially considering I'm a LTS. This one could easily be user error, but I hunted all over my profile settings and couldn't find it.

You lost my sig pic.

Anything else seems to be minor enough I didn't catch it or managed to forget about it.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • vapurvapur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Forums now are terrible, annoying not having the extra pages at bottom but at the top to goto next lot of threads. Where lot lot better before these new ones are terrible.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Seeing as it has taken me several days of playing with my browser settings just to log in, and I still don't know exactly what setting let me in this time or if it's still gonna work tomorrow...no, I don't like it.
  • datalives#1627 datalives Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    hate the forums ... TRIBBLE colours ... 9 times out of 10 end up seeing all games / which i only want the best one (STO) ... guess we all should stop moaning, and give them time to finish all the migrates/themes ...

TRIBBLE ... sod it ... moan moan moan ... still hate it.
    A selection of my STO windows background ScreenShots
    http://www.risk-gaming.com/content.php B)
    @Datalives
    United Federation 55th
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    New forums are a mess. Back button doesn't always work. The page refreshes but its the same page. Navigation is also not fluid. Posts don't look broken up between each other very well. Spend to long in here reading through things and it causes my eyes to strain and hurt which the old one and no other web page i use does.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter

Awesome, that took care of it. Just had to unhide/rehide those that had started to appear. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Glad it worked for you. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    the new forum is ok but I don't like the tiny avater's I can bearly see mine :(
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    im with the oh god no's..

firstly, i agree that they look like they were coded by peeps who know nothing about forum codeing. perhaps one of the worst forum codes i have seen in a long time.

they are clunky, and not as easy to find your way around.

and being that i am not a fan of arc, i think i have met my final straw with this company. i do not like being forced to open a program i do not wish to, to simply gain access to news, forums, and other stuff.

further more, im not into a gaming company making changes so much, what is this, our 2cnd or third move in the forums and site?? honestly, the other games i play have never changed their website/forums/infrastructure as many times, and as massivly as craptic.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    I don't like the forum changes but it seems to be company policy to always find what works fine and break it. Luckily the forums lost their appeal a very long time ago and so can get by with the release notes. Taken this long to finally bother to log in. I'd say "Keep up the good work" but I'll just say "Keep up the work"....make that "Keep up."
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    Looks soooooooooo much quieter here. Guess lots of people can't figure out how to sign into ARC. Another nerfdoom to the forums. :o
    DUwNP.gif

• kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    Some of you need Arc to get here?

I'm just clicking the "Forums" link from the news page...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    protogoth wrote: »
    kazabok wrote: »
    Why are there no navigation options at the bottom of the page?

After reading a page, I have to scroll back up to the top to move to the next page.

This is daft. Please fix it.

If they haven't already, someone is going to tell you to use the Home key or PgUp, like they told me. I find that unsatisfactory, so yes, I'm with you: links to the pages of the thread should be at the bottom and the top, as they are in most forum schemes. It's just counterintuitive and frustrating to have to go back to the top in order to move to the next page. And telling us to use PgUp or Home is not a solution, but a copout (or that's what it would be if Staff/Mods told us to do that; in this case, I was told that by another player, which is more of a simper than anything else).

Yes, that is unacceptable. It doesn't take much effort to duplicate the page controls at the bottom of the page, above the Leave a Comment section. The forum also causes problems when used with the Whitehat Aviator browser. Even though I'm logged into the site, it still doesn't recognize me as logged into the forum and causes yet another iframe with the forum to appear if I enter my login information into that, without being any closer to actually being able to post using that browser.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • tomaswilletomaswille Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    There are some flaws. Like when i am scrolling and the page automaticly starts on top again.

But i really cannot compare, since i was not much on the last forum, this forum seems a bit more inviting. And due to the maintenance thing, i am spending more time here that i could.

I even created a After effects gif signature, ( i think this option is also new? )
    giphy.gif
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Forums? lol, i thought this was just a place to write.. but it definitely doesnt look like a forum..
  • warponewarpone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Why is there no next page at the bottom? Have to scroll all the way back to the top to access it
  • koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    Good web designers know how to make pages display differently for standard computers vs mobile devices. That's no excuse. :)

Heh, not all reasons are meant to be excuses or to excuse something...they're just reasons. Cause, well, would "good" have gone anywhere near Vanilla in the first place? :D

Actually it is an excuse. If theres a means of doing it better then they should of went that route. Logging in here today for the first time was absolutely confusing. Subforums within Subforums is never a good thing. Thats a whole lot of useless navigating just to discuss this game.
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    The new layout is killing the forum for me. I used the "last posts" button all the time. If there was an interesting post, I clicked quote or answer and it asked me to login and redirected me to that thread. Now I need to be logged in or install scripts just to configure the forum to do what it could do before. And if I log in, I am not even redirected to the forum where I clicked the login button, but to the arc front page, showing me games I dont want to see. I am out of this forum until they fix the navigation/ layout.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    this new forum is not bad. my main problem is the size of the signatures; they are too big; this is worse when these signatures are animated gif. this is really difficult to read the forum. 500 x 150 should be enough
    Just turn off the signatures. Problem solved. That's one feature of this new forum that I *do* like.

Also, in the old forum, I'd log in and all the posts with activity since I'd logged on last were marked with that little icon, which was fine. Except that if I changed screens it decided that I'd seen everything and all posts would essentially be 'marked as read'. This meant that I would log in, go thru and open each sub-forum that I frequented in a separate tab so I could review all of them. So I'd end up with a metric crapton of open tabs. This forum keeps track of what I've read and what I haven't gotten to yet, so I can do it in one window if I want. That's a nice QoL improvement for me.

"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    That just proves the problems aren't with the vanilla forum software, but instead with the individuals at PWE who are making the decisions about what they want the forum to look like and what features they want to let us have access to.

Without speaking of things I'm not allowed to speak about, I can say that what we have here is not what we're stuck with forever. Trendy is hard at work to make things work better. Unfortunately, we're going to have to deal with the "teething pains" of this new forum until it "grows up". Staying with the old forum software indefinitely was never going to be an option we could choose.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Why does it say your moderator status is pending? Are they really considering putting you back on, did no one else offer to do it?

Cryptic, I'll mod just to keep Bluegeek's homophobia from giving the forum bad publicity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Think the poll should be remade. I suspect there will be votes that change.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    It's awful. Not only is there the huge security issues involved with a known dodgy third party host, but the forum skin itself is practically unreadable for me, I have a stretched focus in my right eye and this white on grey theme with no borders or definitions is just a big blur for me and I have to use the mobile view to be able to read it, BUT I cant post on my mobile because vanilla hates safarai, it's not friendly for those with poor vision at all.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    apedilbert wrote: »
    Why does it say your moderator status is pending? Are they really considering putting you back on, did no one else offer to do it?

Cryptic, I'll mod just to keep Bluegeek's homophobia from giving the forum bad publicity.

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one to volunteer.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    apedilbert wrote: »

Don't. Start. That. Again.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    hey, what happened to my Terran Empire avatar
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire