Install Arc
Options

Lohlunat Festival Returns!

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    starts tomorrow and still no stats/info on the new ship?

It starts next thursday didnt anyone read the bloomin article? :confused:

NEXT THURSDAY PEOPLE!!!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It starts next thursday didnt anyone read the bloomin article? :confused:

NEXT THURSDAY PEOPLE!!!!! :rolleyes:

It's no use, they will not listen. Now why don't you go to the holodeck, fire up "Vulcan Love Slave" and just relax for a while, just get your mind off of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    It's no use, they will not listen. Now why don't you go to the holodeck, fire up "Vulcan Love Slave" and just relax for a while, just get your mind off of them.

I wuld rather go to the holodeck and fire up my "vulcan love slave and betazoid [Redacted] kitten 3 way to save the universe " program.
    lots of ....er unwinding to do to save the universe of course strictly in the line of duty to go above and beyond the call of duty even at such a personal sacrifice to save the universe. :D
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    danqueller wrote: »
    ...but trying to push additional ship development towards Science vessels (except for a hospital ship, what use do the Risians have for anything like this, especially one designed to make tearing apart space easier?) and especially a Carrier (ok, how do you swing a ship designed to operate attack fighters to a society that prizes non-aggression?) would probably hit a brick wall...

Don't underestimate Risian science... after all, they developed a planetary weather control system along with seismic regulators; despite this, they maintain a functional, if entirely artificial, ecosystem. They host medical and artificial intelligence conferences in canon, indicating at least a passing interest in pursuing the research that pleases them. These may be hippies, but they are smart hippies.

Actually, scratch that... they aren't hippies. They forcefully violated the nature of their planet to turn it into something that pleased them... and [Redacted] tourists. If anything, they're hedonists, pure and simple. They are willing and able to shape an entire planet for nothing more than the pursuit of greater pleasure, both their own and that of others.

So why not a Science Ship, designed to manipulate local space in a manner that suits them (particle/graviton generators), dampen aggression (placate), or just straight-up blow your mind (confuse)? These folks love a good party, good sex, and good times in general... and don't have the inhibitions to prevent them from diving right on it. Look at the bright explodey flashes of a Destabilizing Resonance Cascade, the drifting form of a Tyken's Rift, the deep purple of a Gravity Well, or simple quiet of pacifying someone disrupting your good vibes... truly, Science is the art of war. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I wuld rather go to the holodeck and fire up my "vulcan love slave and betazoid [Redacted] kitten 3 way to save the universe " program.
    lots of ....er unwinding to do to save the universe of course strictly in the line of duty to go above and beyond the call of duty even at such a personal sacrifice to save the universe. :D

Oh damn, see I knew I should have subscribed to the holo providers! I didn't even know that one had been released!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Oh damn, see I knew I should have subscribed to the holo providers! I didn't even know that one had been released!!

Hey when your chief engineer is a ferengi whos related to quark you can get early releases to some very exquisite holoprograms at a modest fee of course. :D

and no not nog we know he is the captain of the chimera one of quarks rugrats
  • Options
    nobody0806nobody0806 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Think it's bad here? Please. Pop over to NWO and really see what moderation is all about, Draconian doesn't do it justice.

It can always get worse, but because something is more worse does not make the less worse thing look good suddenly, so if over on NWO there are also that kind of Moderators or like you said even worse ones, than there is something wrong here and there, and that should be changed, Mods are here to Support the Players and yes to uphold the Rules, and not to Suppress the players, and randomly swing the Bannhammer just because they can do so.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Reminder...

Discussion of moderation is very specifically not allowed under forum rules.

If you have an issue with moderation that you believe is unfair, you can either open a support ticket or bring it to the Community Manager's attention.

It is not open for further discussion on the forums. We will never publicly reveal any communication with a person who has been moderated nor publicly discuss any specific infraction.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hey when your chief engineer is a ferengi whos related to quark you can get early releases to some very exquisite holoprograms at a modest fee of course. :D

and no not nog we know he is the captain of the chimera one of quarks rugrats

Quark did seem to have a rather extended family didn't he?
  • Options
    ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    suaveks wrote: »
    Cool. But is the massive post-S10 FPS drop on certain ground maps that include Risa Summer Resort going to be addressed before the event starts?

There ahve already been numerous posts about it. Cryptic says they're looking into it, so we can only hope.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A ferengi ship seriously not interested so will take some time out
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    They really should have Followed the Typical Risa / Civilian Ship Themes, a Ferengi Design for the Rise Festival is just...sad and does not Fit.

We allready have a Corvette / Speedboat (Tac) Luxuiry Cruiser / Yacht (Eng) so a Great Idea and what they Definately should have done is Follow that Line and come up with the Missing Science Ship Based on something like for Example a Space Submarine (Was Discussed in the Game by many People Inlcuding me and also on many other Sites, following Pictures Show what i mean:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/138/7/c/future_space_adventures___space_submarine_by_urbanmelon-d53l2wu.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig23/10239099b4.jpg

http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptships/taehoon_oh.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120528201440/avengersearthsmightiestheroes/images/thumb/b/b5/Skuttlebutt.png/479px-Skuttlebutt.png

those are just a Few Ideas that me and many others so Wished that Cryptic came up with something like those, such a Space Submarine as a Science Carrier like the Sarr Theln, with Corvette Frigatte Pets would be a AWESOMNES Overload and would have boostet the Participation in the Summer Event by Several Times i bet.

Sad that they have Decided to go with a Ferengi Design Instead..hmmm.
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    robeasom wrote: »
    A ferengi ship seriously not interested so will take some time out

nobody0806 wrote: »
    They really should have Followed the Typical Risa / Civilian Ship Themes, a Ferengi Design for the Rise Festival is just...sad and does not Fit.

We allready have a Corvette / Speedboat (Tac) Luxuiry Cruiser / Yacht (Eng) so a Great Idea and what they Definately should have done is Follow that Line and come up with the Missing Science Ship Based on something like for Example a Space Submarine (Was Discussed in the Game by many People Inlcuding me and also on many other Sites, following Pictures Show what i mean:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/138/7/c/future_space_adventures___space_submarine_by_urbanmelon-d53l2wu.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig23/10239099b4.jpg

http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptships/taehoon_oh.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120528201440/avengersearthsmightiestheroes/images/thumb/b/b5/Skuttlebutt.png/479px-Skuttlebutt.png

those are just a Few Ideas that me and many others so Wished that Cryptic came up with something like those, such a Space Submarine as a Science Carrier like the Sarr Theln, with Corvette Frigatte Pets would be a AWESOMNES Overload and would have boostet the Participation in the Summer Event by Several Times i bet.

Sad that they have Decided to go with a Ferengi Design Instead..hmmm.

Trendy must have three kinds of headache when reading posts with either no punctuation or a cap letter every other word.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Brace yourselves Captains, Summer is coming! The Lohlunat Festival is right around the corner.

Learn more about this year's summer event!

~LaughingTrendy

Ferengi ship Ferengi ship!

Not a Yellow Science Vessel Submarine! Not a Yellow Science Vessel Submarine!

:(

;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    highlandrise85highlandrise85 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    danqueller wrote: »
    Trendy must have three kinds of headache when reading posts with either no punctuation or a cap letter every other word.

Grammar Teacher ey? Iam Sure everyone Understood what i was trying to say.:rolleyes:
    9Kh66Si.gif

True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event and mission rewards!!
    ​​
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,878 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ageroth1 wrote: »
    There ahve already been numerous posts about it. Cryptic says they're looking into it, so we can only hope.

I've probably made more than my fair share of them. :P

But I would like to politely point out though that without any more word than "well they're 'looking into it" it doesn't hurt to prod cryptic at every opportunity about the problem (since as you well know the framerate glitch will absolutely ruin the summer event for what looks like a significant portion of the population.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    highlandrise85highlandrise85 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have the same Issue by the way, Risa runs reeeeealy Slow on my Machine, that is a Fun Killer, i noticed the same thing on 2-3 other Missions, mainly ones with much Vegetation Combined with Larger Maps, this should be really looked into.
    9Kh66Si.gif

True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event and mission rewards!!
    ​​
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Part of me is sad it's a Ferengi ship that's not as glitzy and speedy as the Risa ships. Then again part of me is because even if a new Risa ship was released there would be no new bridges for it that would make em perfect for luxury ships so a cheap Ferengi ship fits nicely. :D
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    nimbull wrote: »
    Part of me is sad it's a Ferengi ship that's not as glitzy and speedy as the Risa ships. Then again part of me is because even if a new Risa ship was released there would be no new bridges for it that would make em perfect for luxury ships so a cheap Ferengi ship fits nicely. :D

yet still most of us were Hoping that the third Ship would Follow the Risa Line and be a Civilian Themed Science Ship (Space Submarine Carrier Design with Corvette Friggatte Pets??) with a New Console that will make a 3 Piece Console Set with the Corvettes and Yacht Consoles AND maybe this Time Finaly a Risa Bridge for those 3 Ships...i mean Breen Ships also have a Unique Bridge, why not the Risa Ships.....:(
  • Options
    spocksmomspocksmom Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just for clarification....

When exactly do the existing pearls need to be spent?

Before the Summer event goes live?

Or will we have access to the Summer Buyback Store during the event with the pearls being pulled from the game at the end of the event?

Thanks
  • Options
    ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    spocksmom wrote: »
    Just for clarification....

When exactly do the existing pearls need to be spent?

Before the Summer event goes live?

Or will we have access to the Summer Buyback Store during the event with the pearls being pulled from the game at the end of the event?

Thanks

Yeah, they have to be spent before June 4, otherwise they'll be useless. Though I did notice something odd about the buyback store. You can't buy the any of the Spec Points items unless you have 800 pearls.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nobody0806 wrote: »
    yet still most of us were Hoping that the third Ship would Follow the Risa Line and be a Civilian Themed Science Ship (Space Submarine Carrier Design with Corvette Friggatte Pets??) with a New Console that will make a 3 Piece Console Set with the Corvettes and Yacht Consoles AND maybe this Time Finaly a Risa Bridge for those 3 Ships...i mean Breen Ships also have a Unique Bridge, why not the Risa Ships.....:(

Something like this....

https://trekazoid.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/federation_research_science_vessel_horizon.png

But where the bubble has beach sand and water for a Risa science ship.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    mirrorbefomirrorbefo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm pretty disappointed about the Risian Luxury Cruiser being retired. I was really hoping to get mine this year.
    Fleet Captain Befo
    12th Fleet - Engineering
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Never been to this summer event in the three years I've played. I don't see any reason to come to this event now that the corvette won't reappear. Heck, I even passed on the DSD pack when I had the chance because that 4th freebie Dyson ship isn't available. Can they possibly try any harder to drive players to other games ? I'm guessing NO since they don't try at all to keep the existing players.

Swing and a miss cryptic, see ya's in November (maybe).
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    basilrahbasilrah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Due to some rather distasteful actions on Cryptic's part, our Fleet will be boycotting this event.

I sincerely hope they learn from their mistakes and we will see everyone at the next event pending evaluation of Cryptic's behavior towards our members between now and then.
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    LOL. No. :D

The JHAS/SS are status symbols. The Bulwark is a status symbol. The Sheshar is a status symbol. The Ferraris of the STO ship lineup. Something to fly just to show off you can afford one. :cool:

The event ships are the Toyotas (or, whatever common car brand you'd prefer). They're good ships, but just because last year's model isn't sold anymore this year, doesn't suddenly make your neighbors jealous of you having one. :rolleyes:

My bulwark is a status symbol? Sweet.
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Sorry BG, didn't see the prunage as I was replying at the time.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Someone really think that their little boycott mean something? :D

Risa instances will be full of people. Why? Because Summer Event is fun, and Ship is just a prize, nothing more nothing else :cool:
  • Options
    basilrahbasilrah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    Someone really think that their little boycott mean something? :D

Risa instances will be full of people. Why? Because Summer Event is fun, and Ship is just a prize, nothing more nothing else :cool:

Metrics man, metrics.

Ouch, prunage.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm looking forward to it! :)

Hope they've expanded on the power board racing; it'd be nice to have a few different circuits.