test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lohlunat Festival Returns!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Brace yourselves Captains, Summer is coming! The Lohlunat Festival is right around the corner.

Learn more about this year's summer event!

~LaughingTrendy

Ferengi ship Ferengi ship!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Hmm, a Ferengi Warship?

:confused:

This'll be interesting... Need details...
  • neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I guess we know why you've been so excited about the ship now! =P

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new ship will be like. I'm sad that I'll never be able to get the Corvette or cruiser though. I've been looking forward to getting the Corvette since I joined during the winter event and I'm worried I won't be able to complete the Breen set now. =/
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What does a Ferengi Nandi Warship look like?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, I was wrong. I was expecting a repackaged T6 Risian Corvette.

Still, kind of a shame to devote so many developer labor hours to creating the Risian event ships only to retire them later. They put a lot of work and effort into them.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so are past event ships unlocked to be claimed?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Hmm, a Ferengi Warship?

:confused:

This'll be interesting... Need details...

Was thinking the same. Not many ferengi designs on memory alpha.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The "Risian Hospitality Association" is selling a warship? Ok. :P
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Looking forward to the summer event again! Seems not that long ago that we finished the last one.

I was under that impression that unlocked event ships would become account wide?

Unsure why you would not start it with this years ship, unless you didn't have time to re-code it?

Ferengi ship sounds interesting, but like all ships, I reserve excitement/judgement until stats are known.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• trekkerchicktrekkerchick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really excited to have the event back up, it's my favorite.
    A bit disappointed there is no swimming/diving that was hinted at last year for 2015, though. I was hoping really hard the whole year :(
  • takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh cool, another ship I can't get because of summer obligations.

Would have had all three this year if not for the BS with retiring the pearls.

Thanks.
  • neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Well, I was wrong. I was expecting a repackaged T6 Risian Corvette.

Still, kind of a shame to devote so many developer labor hours to creating the Risian event ships only to retire them later. They put a lot of work and effort into them.

I was hoping you were right. It would have fit in well with the new Piloting Specialty. =/
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    War is Good for Business...a mission which was removed...had the Nandi. A D'Kora...does that mean it's a T6 D'Kora? ;)

Does that also perhaps mean there will be a 2pc for folks with the D'Kora? :P
    edited May 2015
    War is Good for Business...a mission which was removed...had the Nandi. A D'Kora...does that mean it's a T6 D'Kora? ;)

I doubt they would give away a previous lock box ship. :cool:

That would be a new low...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Looking forward to the summer event again! Seems not that long ago that we finished the last one.

I was under that impression that unlocked event ships would become account wide?

Unsure why you would not start it with this years ship, unless you didn't have time to re-code it?

Ferengi ship sounds interesting, but like all ships, I reserve excitement/judgement until stats are known.

They probably had most of the text done in advance and added this...
    (Any character on your account can claim the Ferengi Nandi Warship once you've earned the ship on a single character.)
    ...part later on. They did start it with this ship. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • sniperonxtcsniperonxtc Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Nagus is pleased!!!
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.Much PAIN but still time.BELIEVE.There is GOOD out there.We oPpose DECEPTION.COnduit CLOSING/
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Darn I can't load that page for some strange reason???
  • lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there a chance we'll be getting the new costumes in the foundry?
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    tick0 wrote: »
    The "Risian Hospitality Association" is selling a warship? Ok. :P

Didn't you hear? That's Admiral Janeway's side job. :P
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited May 2015
    They probably had most of the text done in advance and added this... ...part later on. They did start it with this ship. ;)

Cheeky, it didn't say that earlier.. :cool:
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Picture...JHAS & JHSS.
    Picture...D'Kora & Nandi.

:D
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015

No, it wouldn't.

It's a ship rewarded after a grind, and now, the ship will never be offered again after this summer.

Besides, nothing is sacred anymore, when it comes to ships.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It was said that this is the intention, but would have had to have already been awarded this ship at the previous events. If you did not, then you cannot get a chance to get it this year which is what the blog is referring to.
    edited May 2015
    It won't load on Safari for me.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Yes, but how well will it float in the lagoon? :P
    edited May 2015
    Well.. interesting. I know my Ferengi is going to be happy.. I hope the ship looks nice. I am sad to see that the previous ships are not going to be available I guess all my new toons can forget about them.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm surprised nobody is commenting about the lines about the shirts. 'Hawaiian' shirts as an unlock this year?
    edited May 2015
    It won't load on Safari for me.

No Safari, just beach fun! :P
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    WOOHOO!!! I can finally make the Ferengi pirate I have been wanting to make for years now, without having to try and get the D'Kora...I'm not going to stop trying to get the D'Kora, but now I can start my new toon!!!

Now, if Cryptic will be so kind as to make Ferengi playable on ALL factions, that would be awesome. I mean there are Ferengi all over Qo'noS and on the KDF starbases, come on just give em to us.

Anyway time to turn on the metaphasic shields and see if the star really are made of latinum. Better make sure my crew has their insurance up to date first though, those metaphasic shields are twitchy.
    edited May 2015
    Picture...JHAS & JHSS.
    Picture...D'Kora & Nandi.

:D

Noooooooo! I own the old bug ship, the wound is still raw... :(

mhall85 wrote: »
    No, it wouldn't.

It's a ship rewarded after a grind, and now, the ship will never be offered again after this summer.

Besides, nothing is sacred anymore, when it comes to ships.

I know, sadly..
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited May 2015
    I'm surprised nobody is commenting about the lines about the shirts. 'Hawaiian' shirts as an unlock this year?

Well, Tom Paris is in the game now!