test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode: House Pegh Updates

Comments

• ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm totally fine with this. A decent blog explaining what seems to be a very reasonable decision. A change from the old at times.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Spec points and not releasing it with game breaking bugs? Good call Cryptic.

Hopefully these one-spec-point boxes weekly rewards happen on a fairly regular basis.

I play a couple hours a night but the stuff I play is horrible for spec points (the choice between grinding delta patrols for spec points (exclusive) or grinding almost-no-skill-point content for rep marks sucks). A spec point a week just doesn't happen if you're not grinding Argala or whatever its replacement du jour is.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • nachotronicnachotronic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes, pls just take your time to make a episode whitout bugs and errors, thats the way have to be clear and straight to the perfection ( like a borg could said )

Un saludo

pd.sorry for my english.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I'll give another +1 to the decision to hold off releasing the new FE until the bug/s are worked out. I'd rather see more of this happening, than the release it then fix it, we've seen in the past.
    Also nice idea on adding the option of either the tech upgrade or spec point box. I'm also eager to see what you guys have in mind for the weekly rewards.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Love the free Spec point by playing per week. Great incentive!!!
    Also - good call on the delay. Deliver it in working condition, that's the best policy.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sqwished wrote: »
    I'll give another +1 to the decision to hold off releasing the new FE until the bug/s are worked out. I'd rather see more of this happening, than the release it then fix it, we've seen in the past.
    Also nice idea on adding the option of either the tech upgrade or spec point box. I'm also eager to see what you guys have in mind for the weekly rewards.

The tech upgrade or spec point IS the weekly reward :/
    signature.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    The tech upgrade or spec point IS the weekly reward :/

No, the tech upgrade/spec point is the weekly featured episode/incentive to replay reward. The actual weekly mission rewards will be revealed before it goes live next week.
    We are still offering a reward for playing the episode each of the first three weeks of its run, just as we have in the past. However, this time we’re giving you an option to choose the reward you receive. When you complete the episode you will earn the main reward for that week, which will be announced next week, as well as a choice of either an Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrade or one Specialization Point. That means each week you can choose to make significant progress on upgrading an item or pick up a single Specialization Point for any one of your characters. I’m really looking forward to this reward update, and we’ve pulled together a really exciting set of standard weekly rewards as well. I can’t wait to reveal them to everyone next week.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    EGAD.. How many pages of positive feedback here?

I said in my earlier post in thi thread that I thought this was a mighty fine move. I don't doubt that the mission may have some bugs anyway. As has been noted there is a word of differnce between play on the QA server, and play on the live server with its huge load. SOMETHING always seems to crop up.

What I did see is apparently there is some new code that needs to get plugged in and working above and beyond the mission, and that the mission needs the new code to work.

While some specific detail on the reward system were not stated, I have noticed a trend toward having rewards account bound, not character bound. I am hoping this is being extended to "first play on account" rewards from missions. I got 9 toons I run... And I always prefer to run these first on my most able toon... which isn't always the toon I want to actually get the rewards..

The Blood of Ancients mission has drops that favor Klingons (disruptor weapons and a TAC console that does nice things) Not per say terribly usefull to my ROM players with their suite of Plasma love, but my KDF toons love it! SO, hoping that the one time only per account rewards are not character bound, but can be moved via the players account back to the toon that player prefer get it. (hey, I still got baby delta's.. and its a whole lot easier to bag a quility improvement on ships equipment when its low level, then when its all ready up there at say Mk XII, if for no other reason, you get more shots at it!)

See what happens next week...
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • silverskyhigh2silverskyhigh2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but I can't seem to play the new episode, says min level to play is 10 and all but one of my toons are lvl above 10, seems like a hot patch in needed.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but I can't seem to play the new episode, says min level to play is 10 and all but one of my toons are lvl above 10, seems like a hot patch in needed.

Are you serious ? ... how about reading the actual Thread you responded to ... ?
    Last week we announced that we were going to release a new Featured Episode, "House Pegh," on May 21st, and that it would be our next chapter in the continuing Iconian War story arc. Due to a critical technical issue, we are unable to update the game with new builds with tomorrow’s maintenance. While we have a great mission in-house, we aren’t able to get the changes that make it that way onto the live server tomorrow.

The inability to integrate these changes for our update has led me to delay the release of the episode until May 28th,
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited May 2015
    Are you serious ? ... how about reading the actual Thread you responded to ... ?

Reading is OP, nerf it!
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Adding my surprised approval to the chorus here.

Great choice Cryptic, like most of the other players I'd rather you guys took an extra week to fix the technical issue and get the mission working as intended rather than rushing out a buggy, problematic mission that will require patches and whatnot to fix.

I hope this becomes more of a thing from now on. Seeing Cryptic take pride in it's work is a good thing to behold.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That means each week you can choose to make significant progress on upgrading an item or pick up a single Specialization Point for any one of your characters.

Ah ha! Great decision there Steve. And for that, We Thank You!

LLAP!!

T9
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I rarely comment on blogs but here I must say good job! (Without any sarcasm)

I'm happy to see that unfinished/buggy content isn't being released hastily just to satisfy impatience and deadlines. I'd rather wait a week and enjoy the episode than begrudgingly trying to push through it or have to deal with emergency maintenance 6 times before it works right.

Also thank you, thank you, thank you for adding spec points as FE rewards. The upgrades were nice but I have lots of dill, tons of crafting stuff, a bunch of upgraded gear but I need spec points.

tl;dr Thank you Cryptic for doing it right.

LLAP
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Firstly, well done for not releasing content that is not working properly or buggy. I think nearly everyone here would be happy for such delays in the future if bugs were identified.

Secondly, thanks for the updated rewards. Giving players more choice and still offering decent rewards as an incentive to play is a sure way to get people back in game. I think everyone will appreciate extra spec points. Even the trend of offering dil free upgrades is much appreciated by many of us.
    SulMatuul.png
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    At last! Some moderation in new content release! :D I'll wait as long as it takes to get it right, instead of dumping a steaming pile of bugs on top of our already heavily-bugged game. Here's hoping that this is the beginning of a new standard in Cryptic content review! :)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I honestly am happy to see them delay a piece of content if it's not working the way they want rather than just pushing it Live because of an announced date. YMMV but I'll give kudos to the STO EP and team for making that decision.

I can't help but think it must have dropped tons of Dilithium and XP and had no CD so you could become infinitely rich by just playing it over and over, but I'm just gun shy from the usual WAI.

However if this is above the line representing a new approach to Fair Business Practices I commend you.
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    WOW that is fantasticalmagoriously major good news Thanks.:):D
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • undeadmanifestationundeadmanifestation Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Players put out content on the foundry all the time, most of it is not as buggy as what the "Dev" team puts together, you should not be praised for finally doing the job you are paid to do. Oh and next time don't announce you've released a new episode and then integrate it into the game itself unless you have bug and QA tested it.... like your supposed to.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The overwhelming positive feedback on this decision should be something the Devs should be seeing. Devs delaying content because of bugs. Now if we can get them to listen and fix the problems we are currently having in the game.

I know, small steps, But it's those small steps that are leading in the right direction.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • whippostwhippost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Had to read the post twice to actually believe it.

Thank you for waiting to release this until it's ready. Much better that the content works the 1st play then being frustrated with bugs.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Take your time we can wait for this episode as long as it's bug free we will be happy
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trendy should edit the post of the first announcement to either point here or to the update blog itself. It's causing a little confusion in that thread.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Appreciate the communicative attitude that's been adopted lately :)
  • crusader0007crusader0007 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I fully support the delay and the added rewards. Thanks for your hard work, communication, and sound decisions.

here too..at least for once it looks like someone is doing some quality checks...a first since 5 years :eek:
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wait it says once per account, are you saying regardless of how many characters we run the mission with only one character can enjoy the rewards?
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
    edited May 2015
    rjewkes wrote: »
    wait it says once per account, are you saying regardless of how many characters we run the mission with only one character can enjoy the rewards?

The once per account only applies to the weekly tech upgrade or spec point.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    A free spec point each week?

...wow. That is amazeballs.

After they nerf the hell out of getting them... not sure 'amazeballs' is the correct term.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • cajalacajala Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "We could release the episode as it sits on our current build, but after a leads playtest today we determined that we would rather wait a week and release the episode as it is intended to be."

Wow, really? I'd say FINALLY! To bad I've already quit STO lol. If you would've used this freaking awesome way of thinking from the start, I'd probably still be playing this game.
    Now start fixing the bugs going years back and I might actually consider playing again :eek: