test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode: House Pegh Updates

Comments

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    we would rather wait a week and release the episode as it is intended to be.
    While I can understand there may be frustration in waiting an additional week for content that was previously announced, I hope everyone can understand the reasons behind this decision and that our goal is to deliver a polished and fun mission.

thx for this decision. the frustation would have been of having a bugged mission. :)

i can't wait to try this mission; i'm interested by the story, not really by the rewards.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Is likely to become the "norm" for all FE's going forward??:confused:
    We are in fact going Hufflepuff from now going forward.
    However in regards to the reward schema for FE releases, I am not sure if this is the 'norm'.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    However in regards to the reward schema for FE releases, I am not sure if this is the 'norm'.

I hope so and thanks for the reply Trendy 😎
    JtaDmwW.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    savnoka wrote: »
    Well, everyone can now shut up about not having enough spec points.

I for one am pleased enough that I may start buying Zen again, if this trend in pursuing quality continues.

I don't think people should shut up about it, as you put it. I mean, it's only 3 and to max out all spec trees you need 105. :P

But yes, it's definitely a nice reward for the mission and in fairness it's probably two more spec points than I'd get simply in the three weeks that the mission is featured. So four in the time I'd normally get one can't be called a bad thing haha. :D
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015

So, a licensing agreement with Warner Bros.?

That didn't turn out too well for the Matrix Online.

Besides, everybody knows Slytherin is where it's at.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    *feeling left out as everyone's house has been mentioned but my Ravenclaw...*
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    *feeling left out as everyone's house has been mentioned but my Ravenclaw...*

Well how do you think I feel with Arteides? :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well how do you think I feel with Arteides? :P

I'm sure it was like a massive blow to your head.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    just have to say im surprised . not mad or angry in the least just surprised that they are admitting they have an issue and are delaying the episode. if it means getting a working game or addressing some bugs they game has id be ok with a year long delay . But really is good to at least hear something other than the normal chest pounding. I mean i have waited going on 3 years now for the tailor slots i bought and paid for to be fixed and still nothing not even a word saying ok we know about it and are trying to fix it. One week isnt going to kill anybody.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm sure it was like a massive blow to your head.

A slow blow? Meh, there's always another in the tanks. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Popping in to say thanks for this. I too appreciate the communication and the decision. The option of a spec point is much appreciated too.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I'm Hufflepuff, but thanks!

I do believe it's once per week for the three weeks. You can get up to a maximum of three enhanced tech points or three spec points.

The powers of trolling are strong in you. Now your punctuation is at it! :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I do believe it's once per week for the three weeks. You can get up to a maximum of three enhanced tech points or three spec points.
    So, its one skill point or one enhanced tech point per week?

...and, people are happy for getting 'one' point per week?

'One' point.

'You could be a winner. 'Could' be.'
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Captains! We're going to be making some changes to our Featured Episode: House Pegh.

Learn more about the changes and what will be coming in our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy

Welcome news, better to wait and play an episode that is not broken.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Total respect for this move. Don't rush out a broken product, take your time and do things right.

Thanks fellas!
  • captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, I'm glad to see y'all are taking your time with this. Still not really keen on the idea of having to wait a whole week for each part of the set to be released, but hey, free spec points and tech upgrades? There's really no beating that, is there? ;)
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I'm Slytherin and I feel discriminated against!!!!
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Waiting to correctly configure something so it works as advertised rather rush it out because Marketing has decreed it must be released upon such and such a date?

Dangerously radical idea, salami_inferno. You need to be careful here. People might begin to suspect you want an STO which is actually playable rather than just a whale milking machine. :D

I am very encouraged by this. Well done, Sir! Well done, indeed! Here's hoping your 'damn the torpedoes!' idea takes root and become the norm rather than the exception.

And one more thing: What can I do to help your brand of rebellion take hold faster?

EDIT: I fully intend to create a char specifically for this House. Of course his name simply has to be Simon, lol.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • kazisakikazisaki Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'l take a spec point any day over a tech upgrade that has no quality improvement. scratch that il take a spec point any day over just about anything lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just wanted to say THIS is the kind of Transparency, the honesty we want to see from Cryptic.
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kudos to Cryptic for this decision.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    linyive wrote: »
    So, its one skill point or one enhanced tech point per week?

...and, people are happy for getting 'one' point per week?

'One' point.

'You could be a winner. 'Could' be.'

I'm with you there.... Here you will build a city and I will be nice and give you one permit or one worker (that only works for a short period of time) per month and I will do this for three months. Have Fun!.... oh I'm sorry, you have more than one city to build? Well you only can use that permit and/or worker on only one city each but, again, Have Fun! -_-
    signature.png
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm Hufflepuff, but thanks!

I can totally see that. ;)

If Ravenpuff existed, that would totally be where I'd go. Trying to be nice and agreeable yet at the same time philosophizing on the House system enough to decide it's evil and needs to be abolished. ;)

Anyway, on a serious note, this is a big decision and one that I am pleased to see. I've been saying it for months now, and of course when the forum migration was delayed I said it again: it is much better to delay something, to have the guts to push the Big Red Emergency Stop Button, and wait until something is right to release it, than to slavishly adhere to deadlines to the point of not caring what is being shoveled out onto the player. I really appreciate it, as it's a sign that things could improve. I know I am saying this right after also saying my piece about the Sheshar and Lohlunat Pearls, but I believe in credit where credit is due.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • realityripplerealityripple Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +1 to the good move bucket
    The real problem is not whether machines think, but whether men do.
    - B.F. Skinner
  • usskeystoneusskeystone Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Plenty to do in the meantime. I have no problem waiting. I'm grateful that you're taking the time to get the job done right.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Had to read it twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming. A release delayed for quality control. Hell has frozen over. Hope this happens more often in the future.
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The thought that one spec point per account per week is a 'worthy' reward is wrong on so many levels.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    spec point per run? or just once?

in any event, thats another week i will remain on tor.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    The thought that one spec point per account per week is a 'worthy' reward is wrong on so many levels.

MHMMM... It's like this --->:rolleyes:<--- click me!
    signature.png
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Very pleased to hear this! This is a HUGE step in the right direction! Thanks for doing the players a good thing!
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg