test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• rekeebrekeeb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Apparently, this patch was supposed to fix the CTD issues. Didn't work for me. Still can't get past the Iconian War splash screen.

Sorry, Trendy, I know you were hoping for this to be "THE" fix.

EDIT: Patching again, and this time I believe it's today's patch. Keeping my fingers crossed. 4:48 MST

EDIT 2: Nope. Still can't get past the splash screen. 5:31 PM MST
    Fleet Battle Cruiser Presto
    T6 Tac Command Battlecruiser Roll The Bones
    Xindi Aquatic Narcine Dreadnaught Carrier Different Stages
    IVXX Senior Officer

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So far working for me. Never could log on with my main at this time before. Fingers crossed this is the real deal and it is fixed and no more error reports to send in.
  • malkoth21malkoth21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah patch doesnt work,doing the same thing. It's going to take a month to solve :(
  • simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not sure why you want tracert when the problem is an application error. I guess you like giving us busy work. I think it is shameful that this is not a priority issue. You'll fix graphical mistakes fast yet major issues like this or the transporters on dyson ground are left for months. I am signing in on safe mode since season 10 came out.
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seems like nothing has changed unfortunately regarding lag/login/CTD. I really wonder why the lag hits some maps harder than others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why, why were we so foolish to try integrating dilithium-infused tribbles into our warp core!?

i could use a "dilithium-infused tribble" to squeeze him once in a wile ... :D

(actually, it wouldn't be practical) :)
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I now also experienced a CTD on the Kassae IV map ( that's the one with the shield generators you have to disable, a level 4 or 5 mission ) > this is not good news if more maps are affected ( and early ones at that)
  • jamesstjamesjamesstjames Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was able to log in this morning without safe mode for the first time in weeks. Won't be able to play around properly to see how well it works until tomorrow/Sunday - but fingers crossed this fixed it!
    tumblr_meud0dq0CT1rq8ga2o1_250.gif
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The lag issue is still not fixed, I can play a few minutes without lag and after that i get lag spikes that last a few minutes and return every 5 minutes which is really annoying.
    It is more like 3 minutes lag free, 5 minute lag, 3 minutes lag free, 5 minutes lag, etc
    No matter where I am in game, wheter it is on esd, story mode, stf or whatever, it doesn't stop.

Please fix this...
    I have faith in you trendy!
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We have the team working on a large list of systems that are creating the lag that you are all experiencing. The Command Ships was the first of many in a roll-out that we'll be doing to solve the lag as a whole. This was the first step. We will take care of this. :)
    edited May 2015
    We have the team working on a large list of systems that are creating the lag that you are all experiencing. The Command Ships was the first of many in a roll-out that we'll be doing to solve the lag as a whole. This was the first step. We will take care of this. :)

I so want to believe you, Trendy. I really do. History suggest otherwise. This is going on 7 weeks now, and it seems that the team behind you doesn't appear to be very concerned with a large part of the playerbase not being able to play. Is there going to be an extension of the DR event? No. What if this issue persists into the Summer Event? Will there be an apology? Doubtful.

Don't get me wrong - YOU seem to be doing everything you can to get this fixed. But, it also appears that no one else in the team is willing to step forward and say "We know this is a serious issue, and it's our PRIORITY to get it fixed."

Thank you, sincerely, for all your efforts, Trendy.

--Beeker
    IVXX Senior Officer

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rekeeb wrote: »
    I so want to believe you, Trendy. I really do. History suggest otherwise. This is going on 7 weeks now, and it seems that the team behind you doesn't appear to be very concerned with a large part of the playerbase not being able to play. Is there going to be an extension of the DR event? No. What if this issue persists into the Summer Event? Will there be an apology? Doubtful.

Don't get me wrong - YOU seem to be doing everything you can to get this fixed. But, it also appears that no one else in the team is willing to step forward and say "We know this is a serious issue, and it's our PRIORITY to get it fixed."

Thank you, sincerely, for all your efforts, Trendy.

--Beeker
    I have a verifiable list of systems that are being analyzed for the amount of server stress and subsequent lag that some people are facing from the EP himself. :)
    edited May 2015
    I have a verifiable list of systems that are being analyzed for the amount of server stress and subsequent lag that some people are facing from the EP himself. :)

That's excellent, and good information to pass on! Thanks for that.

Perhaps (and I speak ONLY for myself) I wasn't clear enough in my previous post. I, personally, have not been able to get past the Iconian War splash screen for almost 7 weeks now. I don't know how bad the lag is, outside of what I've read on the forums, because I can't get INTO the game to play. I've tried every "fix" and "workaround" I've been able to find on the forums. Some of my fleetmates are game programmers, and even THEY haven't been able to help me get to the character select screen, much less into the game itself. I truly enjoy playing STO - witness that after 4 years of FTP, I bought a lifetime sub. I'm not whining (okay, maybe a little). I'm not threatening. I'm not even screaming "I'LL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME ON THIS GAME!!!!" I just want to PLAY.

Again, thank you for your time on this, and a BIG thank you for responding personally to my post.

--Beeker
    IVXX Senior Officer

• ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    :mad:

ALL the new space STFs are fine; however I go into a Borg space STF with the new command or pilot ship and the lag is very bad.

What is the ETA of this fix?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    :mad:

ALL the new space STFs are fine; however I go into a Borg space STF with the new command or pilot ship and the lag is very bad.

What is the ETA of this fix?

Yeah the Borg STFs are unplayable just now thanks to the insane lag.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • malkoth21malkoth21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Try to start star trek and get same result. Crash and burn. Play star conflict with no problem and another game no problem. check graphic card working 100%. Check internet working. Uninstall game and installed it, same problem as before. I load star trek it show Cryptic srceen start loading then when it reach the end i get a small white cube left side of screen then follow by green screen, then i see Iconion screen wait a little bit then crash. my graphic driver recovers perfectly and ticket and error download starts.:(
    edited May 2015
    I was able to log in this morning without safe mode for the first time in weeks. Won't be able to play around properly to see how well it works until tomorrow/Sunday - but fingers crossed this fixed it!

Spoke too soon. One successful log in on Fiday, crashing ever since.

The past few weeks wouldn't have been as bad if there wasn't as many plugs for the Delta Recruit missions I had no chance in hell of doing :/
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah the Borg STFs are unplayable just now thanks to the insane lag.

For an experiment to see if it could be done, and for the lulz :) a group of us did an Infected Conduit in tier 1 ships fitted with the usual top of the line weapons consols and rep gear etc. we wouldn't win any prizes for DPS but we did complete it and there was zero lag, not to mention a good laugh as three NX ships snd a BoP brought down a tac cube!

Perhaps until the problems are fully sorted we could all find our fun a different way and mix up how we usually play the STF's, you may never know but you could find a new way of enjoying old content you haven't tried in a while???
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    one day completely lost, server not responding, login2_timeout and disconections all day. Only problems with STO, please fix this, i never had so many problems with this game
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Okay this started as an account server/login thread. Then I see it seems to have been converted to a lag thread.

There's zero mention of the account server/login/disconnect issue in the maintenance notes.

There's a bit on lag. Not of much concern to me when I can't log in, but okay. Maybe these issues have been rolled together into one? But who's to say?

So what's the status on the original post?

Should we continue to post the requested information?
    Is there another more relevant thread on this somewhere in the PWE universe I should be reading?
    Is this a known issue, or a non issue?

Essentially I'm familiar with the answer being "It really doesn't effect enough people for this to get nailed down" and that's fine if that's the case again this time.

It would just be good to know.

EDIT: Here's to hoping.

My public IP address

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dsldevice.frontier.com [192.168.1.254]
    2 24 ms 22 ms 24 ms 32.209.20.3
    3 23 ms 22 ms 24 ms 32.223.0.198
    4 24 ms 23 ms 27 ms 32.223.104.181
    5 22 ms 22 ms 29 ms ae5---0.car02.wlfr.ct.frontiernet.net [74.40.71.
    105]
    6 32 ms 33 ms 32 ms ae11---0.cor01.asbn.va.frontiernet.net [74.40.5.
    217]
    7 31 ms 33 ms 32 ms ae0--0.cbr02.asbn.va.frontiernet.net [74.40.5.19
    4]
    8 33 ms 34 ms 33 ms 12.89.23.37
    9 35 ms 34 ms 36 ms cr1.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.123.10.14]
    10 39 ms 34 ms 35 ms cr81.wshdc.ip.att.net [12.122.135.85]
    11 37 ms 38 ms 38 ms 12.122.135.97
    12 35 ms 34 ms 40 ms be3035.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11
    .137]
    13 35 ms 35 ms 38 ms be2176.ccr21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.41
    .54]
    14 36 ms 35 ms 37 ms be2148.ccr41.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
    .118]
    15 41 ms 41 ms 41 ms be2094.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
    .14]
    16 41 ms 41 ms 41 ms te0-0-1-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.46.134]
    17 * 41 ms 52 ms 38.111.40.114
    18 42 ms 41 ms 41 ms xboxpatchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.4
    1]

Trace complete.
  • javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OK, then:
    I keep crashing on the Iconian War title screen. I just took a screen shot of my traceert.Where do I post it?
    We are aware of the issues players are facing. Our engineering teams are jumping in to help! Our engineering teams are investigating, poking, and prodding the server as we speak!

If you're experiencing issues with logging in, there are multiple ways to help our engineering team get to the bottom of the issues you're currently facing! Posting tracerts as well as your public IP helps our networking teams get data on issues that you're facing

Not sure how to do a tracert as well as find out your public IP? Learn more here.

=/\=

What is a tracert? Trace route. It's a way for you to visually track the progress of packets that travel across the Wide Area Network (WAN) to hopefully identify any connectivity issues.

How do I run a tracert? Go to Start -> Run and enter CMD to bring up a command prompt. Once there, enter this command:

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

What's my public IP? Click here to find out yours.

~LaughingTrendy
    His methods have become unsound.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And even after the 2nd "lag patch" the problem is present: we really appreciate the effort of powers recoding, but the feedback right now after the patch is still the same for me. We did some infected, korfez and azure nebula run just after the maintenance and the lag and rubberbanding were out of control as always, still with a lot of annoying misfires :( The team chat was full of comments about the lag lol
  • jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rekeeb wrote: »
    That's excellent, and good information to pass on! Thanks for that.

Perhaps (and I speak ONLY for myself) I wasn't clear enough in my previous post. I, personally, have not been able to get past the Iconian War splash screen for almost 7 weeks now. I don't know how bad the lag is, outside of what I've read on the forums, because I can't get INTO the game to play. I've tried every "fix" and "workaround" I've been able to find on the forums. Some of my fleetmates are game programmers, and even THEY haven't been able to help me get to the character select screen, much less into the game itself. I truly enjoy playing STO - witness that after 4 years of FTP, I bought a lifetime sub. I'm not whining (okay, maybe a little). I'm not threatening. I'm not even screaming "I'LL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME ON THIS GAME!!!!" I just want to PLAY.

Again, thank you for your time on this, and a BIG thank you for responding personally to my post.

--Beeker

I have two computers, one desktop and one laptop. it works fine on my laptop, on my desktop it has that same problem. to solve that, go into the "options" in launcher and select safemode. It's annoying but as a player, it's the only way to get the client to work on my desktop. I suspect it's a gltich with some AMD video cards. My laptop works fine with the Nvidia card in it.
  • jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Forgot to mention this as well.

On my AMD video card, if I update through windows update, it causes all video rendering games & programs to crash. With any video card (or device) it is suggested to go through the manufacturer's website of the computer and/or device for update. Using device driver updates through Windows update dont always work correctly.

To solve my particular problem, all I had to do is revert back, then download the drivers through amd and that fixed the video, but it doesnt solve the sto client without the suggestion i made previously.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No change in the issue of logging in, or being disconnected, as well as no communication.
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    no more problems with lag, but server not responding and disconnections are worst after the last patch
    edited May 2015
    most other threads in this section are fairly old so I can also inform devs in this thread that while crash to desktop is less frequent than before latest patch it is still present .I haven't attempted the "out in the cold "mission yet , or Voth battlezone , so can't tell if that issue is at last fixed . Maybe others will know this?
    edited May 2015
    rikwessels wrote: »
    most other threads in this section are fairly old so I can also inform devs in this thread that while crash to desktop is less frequent than before latest patch it is still present .I haven't attempted the "out in the cold "mission yet , or Voth battlezone , so can't tell if that issue is at last fixed . Maybe others will know this?

ok, update : just did "out in the cold "on one of my DR's and it's still bugged as hell. I had to re-login approximately 15 times during the mine section due to constant crashes to desktop. I'm assuming the same will be the case for the Voth ground battlezone but can't vouch for that ...

so that fix isn't live yet ..
  • jaffastargatejaffastargate Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i always lag when i come in STO. and by that... i mean when i start the game, log in.. and i lag for like 5 minutes.. sometimes even more. it is going on for like 2 years now. and i have been reporting the bug every now and then when it starts to get worse.
    It is Fairly Obvious that They Don't Want me to Stick around.

08E90F14F47C7BC013D19B2D5E9591D78C4185F9
    edited May 2015
    I'm now getting a crash while logging in with safe mode.

Harrumph.