Install Arc
Options

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    If this happened with any other application, or with any of the other people on my home network running applications, I'd say it was all me. If it only happened on log in, and wasn't happening randomly as I zoned maps as well, I'd say it was all me.

But, it isn't. And I see this thread is still active and has plenty of hits. Not a lot of responses though.

In fact, not even a response that says "We're looking into connectivity issues."

The thread started that way, was derailed into lag, and then abandoned. Well, not by the people that are having problems. They're all over this thread.

So if there's zero info on this just say so.

If there's another place to go for info on this, just say so.

If it really is all our ISP's problem, just say so.

If this is really just a collection of many different problems that you couldn't possibly address in one thread, just say so.

If we should all just be opening tickets and not posting here at all, say so. And THEN close the thread.

But do something.

Thing with this post you have to note is that it did start off as a login issue. However it got moved, then several lag posts got combined with it. So in the end, the subject is VERY misleading as to the full amount of issues going on. I was a part of some other threads that were combined here by Trendy.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    notoriouspibnotoriouspib Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just got my computer up and running after a few months in storage while moving. Installed patch, good to go, and now I'm getting Loginfailure_2 repeatedly.

Tracert

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 5 ms 1 ms homeportal [192.168.200.1]
    2 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms 72.235.92.2
    3 * 20 ms 21 ms 67.129.94.230
    4 29 ms 20 ms 19 ms hnl-edge-04.inet.qwest.net [67.129.94.229]
    5 143 ms 156 ms 145 ms bst-edge-05.inet.qwest.net [67.14.30.130]
    6 143 ms 143 ms 142 ms 65.120.117.250
    7 166 ms 158 ms 157 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.1
    04]
    8 149 ms 144 ms 155 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    9 142 ms 144 ms 141 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Start game hit engage, loading screen comes up then nothing just Iconian Wars and loading at the bottom.....force verify, updated video drivers, restart computer, pray to Jesus...several tickets, still nothing. I lost 6 days at Risa last year for "Issues" that were Cryptic/STO related missed the ship by a few hours. Same at the winter event now this. A fix before the end would be fantastic, when I got the lifetime membership I did not know the fine print said "Life Time Of Misery" :eek:
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    saross wrote: »
    Thing with this post you have to note is that it did start off as a login issue. However it got moved, then several lag posts got combined with it. So in the end, the subject is VERY misleading as to the full amount of issues going on. I was a part of some other threads that were combined here by Trendy.

Yes. I did note that. Thus my post. But I guess my mistake was fully and clearly stating that.

Here. Let me try again.

"WHATZ GOING ON GUYZ!?!?!?!"

Now help me out.
  • Options
    avengerctc25avengerctc25 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Over the past 18 hours, I keep getting disconnected from the servers, mainly on my Delta Recruit toon. The loading screen numbers hit 95.## and then the game disconnects me from the server without loading the game, within 30-60 seconds.
    All of my toons are currently on Risa, yet it only seems to be my Delta Recruit that cant log in. My other toons usually can get in, and play without too many issues, with occasional disconnects and lag. However as soon as I try to swtich to Delta Recruit I get disconnected. I have tried refreshing my internet connection, and restarting my computer but nothing seems to work.
    I don't have the fastest internet connection around, but I haven't been having any issues playing the game until last night and today.
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Over the past 18 hours, I keep getting disconnected from the servers, mainly on my Delta Recruit toon. The loading screen numbers hit 95.## and then the game disconnects me from the server without loading the game, within 30-60 seconds.
    All of my toons are currently on Risa, yet it only seems to be my Delta Recruit that cant log in. My other toons usually can get in, and play without too many issues, with occasional disconnects and lag. However as soon as I try to swtich to Delta Recruit I get disconnected. I have tried refreshing my internet connection, and restarting my computer but nothing seems to work.
    I don't have the fastest internet connection around, but I haven't been having any issues playing the game until last night and today.

I feel your pain.

Server lag? I expect that sometimes. Nature of the beast.

Miscalculation of server load due to game mechanics? Sure that happens too.

This level of disconnects and crashes? Not so much.

Being ignored? Absolutely expected. At least posting on the forums keeps me sort of busy so there is that at least.

Oh to stay on topic:

You guys need any more traces, tech info, IP's?

I've cleared, refreshed, released, renewed, restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled (ARC), reinstalled (ARC), force verified, and safe login mode.

So I've taken those steps.
  • Options
    euclidese8euclidese8 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    is the server down?
    i can't come in anymore, it stops after i selected the char and then after 2 secs i get disconnected
  • Options
    deimos78deimos78 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    euclidese8 wrote: »
    is the server down?
    i can't come in anymore, it stops after i selected the char and then after 2 secs i get disconnected

same here...
    http://stostatus.com/ ..let me lose hope...
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yup. Seems the attacks are continuing. Was fine this morning, then dropped in the middle of an episode without ability to relog on since.

Clearly, the person responsible will continue to do this, as it costs them nothing to run a bot. So, until the authorities do something, we're out of any PWE game.
    Post edited by danqueller on
  • Options
    dragonslamrdragonslamr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    It's called we (ARC) don't give a TRIBBLE if you are having issues... we don't have enough servers to handle weekends so it is a 'play it if you can' game now.. it's free what do you expect.!!!

I mean they have had OVER 5 YEARS to fix this TRIBBLE .. they add episodes etc.. etc.. but they can't fix basic functionality!! And now they are going to blame DDOS attacks .. ROFLMAO!!! Poor idiots! I mean wow .. I don't think I have heard of games of today's age having issues with brute force attacks; seems like STO has openings they shouldn't... ROFLMAO!!!

Just another cop out by STO!!! Worthless game thanks to lack of vision and lack of brain functionality!!!
  • Options
    cabldawgcabldawg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    i was logged in to sto my buddy right next to me lost connection to neverwinter and has not been able to connect the launcher for about a half hour now. We can't make a connection with traceroute to patchserver.crypticstudios.com
  • Options
    draconian2013draconian2013 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Same, CMD is saying "Unable to resolve target system name patchserver.crypticstudios.com"
  • Options
    eg0rundeadeg0rundead Member Posts: 7 New User
    keeping an eye on the server system my end, is it possible this could be a power failour or a DDOS attack and if so how do you think scotty will fix it this time~?
  • Options
    kalex71kalex71 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Same here
  • Options
    ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Someone in the TTS channel just said that the Neverwinter Astral Diamond Exchange just tanked...so this might be more than just a DDOS this time around. I'm about to call it quits for STO...and any other Cryptic games. For good.

If this is an actual hack, that is. Someone tell me it's not though, as I enjoy STO and don't want that to happen, but I don't play games that play shenanigans with security on the server...that I just so happen to have personal information on.
  • Options
    bombermangoldbombermangold Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Must be something nasty, cause coming from CO, and now STO, back and forth, same thing.
  • Options
    mackerrismackerris Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    oh joy
  • Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    IP: 24.121.70.87
    tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com replied unable to resolve target system name patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient." Tried connecting 42 times...

:(
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    might be whoth, turning it off and on again but make sure you backed up guys, please.
  • Options
    kinaenovkinaenov Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »

So you didn't hear about the Lizard Squad attacks against Xbox Live and the Playstation Network last christmas? It was in the news. Additionally the guy doing the DDOS attacks against Cryptic has been bragging about it on twitter, anyone can look and see this if they want to.

Exactly. Not to mention it's been pointed out repeatedly how difficult it can be to prevent attacks like this, particularly if the perp is using a 'service' to handle these attacks - these services can have tens of thousands of IP sources and 'botnets' to launch their attacks.

The folks at Cryptic have stopped every single attack against the servers - not always quickly, but having the game running is top priority to them (otherwise they make zero income). To assume otherwise is just silly.
  • Options
    drygore#6649 drygore Member Posts: 4 New User
    > @eg0rundead said:
    > might be whoth, turning it off and on again but make sure you backed up guys, please.

yeah that sound like a idea,

but people need to stop raging so much about the server... they said there doing everything they can to get it up and running maybe it could give people time to reflect... it will be running in the nxt hour or so.

and i severly doubt people are going to die without STo for an hr...

i mean i was in the middle of romulan-borg mission and the server was getting em killed so much but i dont rage i just restarted and got through it, even after 20+ atempts but if when th server is back up and running i get rolled back to before the mission... then ill be f**king P!$$3D

thanks for your time :)

live long and suck it!
  • Options
    jennyward1985jennyward1985 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    cabldawg wrote: »
    i was logged in to sto my buddy right next to me lost connection to neverwinter and has not been able to connect the launcher for about a half hour now. We can't make a connection with traceroute to patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Its just happened 2 me as well. me and the bf were online i got booted whereas he didnt and i havent been able 2 get back online since. is it another ddos attack of some kind?
  • Options
    kinaenovkinaenov Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Its just happened 2 me as well. me and the bf were online i got booted whereas he didnt and i havent been able 2 get back online since. is it another ddos attack of some kind?

Looks like it.
  • Options
    > @kinaenov said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    >
    > So you didn't hear about the Lizard Squad attacks against Xbox Live and the Playstation Network last christmas? It was in the news. Additionally the guy doing the DDOS attacks against Cryptic has been bragging about it on twitter, anyone can look and see this if they want to.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Exactly. Not to mention it's been pointed out repeatedly how difficult it can be to prevent attacks like this, particularly if the perp is using a 'service' to handle these attacks - these services can have tens of thousands of IP sources and 'botnets' to launch their attacks.
    >
    > The folks at Cryptic have stopped every single attack against the servers - not always quickly, but having the game running is top priority to them (otherwise they make zero income). To assume otherwise is just silly.

if this is the case link the twitter please!!!
  • Options
    stormymavstormymav Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    Public IP: 2601:100:c000:feb:314b:55e2:3dfe:6c80
    Would not run tracert with the instructions provided.
    Stormy.png
  • Options
    ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    eg0rundead wrote: »
    > @kinaenov said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    >
    > So you didn't hear about the Lizard Squad attacks against Xbox Live and the Playstation Network last christmas? It was in the news. Additionally the guy doing the DDOS attacks against Cryptic has been bragging about it on twitter, anyone can look and see this if they want to.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Exactly. Not to mention it's been pointed out repeatedly how difficult it can be to prevent attacks like this, particularly if the perp is using a 'service' to handle these attacks - these services can have tens of thousands of IP sources and 'botnets' to launch their attacks.
    >
    > The folks at Cryptic have stopped every single attack against the servers - not always quickly, but having the game running is top priority to them (otherwise they make zero income). To assume otherwise is just silly.

if this is the case link the twitter please!!!

I've been keeping an eye on the Twitter feed. I'm seeing NOT A PEEP. So there is no actual proof that there is a DDOS attempt here, and quite frankly, it's not even AFFECTING everyone. My launcher loads just fine both in the game and out of it, it's the connecting to the account server that is giving me hell.

And as for the bragger's Twitter, he took that down, so you'd be linked to a blank page.
  • Options
    ronanobrien, ur one of the lucky one, help the GM'S!!!