test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• onealcjonealcj Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about the issue going on with people not being able to open their primary characters.... Has there been any progress made with this issue? My level 60 primary has been unusable since the most recent patch was implemented on all 4 computers I've tried and with multiple re-installs.... :mad::mad::mad:
  • dawnraidernx0891dawnraidernx0891 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is this part of the "server not responding" and disconnect issue I've been having since season 10 launched? I don't have any problems with anything else......just sto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]We Are Phoenix Rebirth. Rising from the Ashes we are reborn again and again and continue to grow as fire burning across the Milky Way galaxy.
  • duhfenduhfen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is typical IT department TRIBBLE. Point out to me in infinite detail how I screwed up. Then after you jump through enough hoops and do their job for them they might fix the problem for the lowly users.
  • rancidmojorancidmojo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just checking back. Still can't log in....its been what, 2 weeks now? I gave up trying about five days ago and as far as I can see, no solution. Time to spend my sub money on a game that works.
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I need a volunteer, essentially - someone who has been having issues logging in!

Try to log in. If you are not able to get to character, please describe at what time you attempted to log in (for me to look it up), at what point did it fail (such as character select, map loading, or mainscreen with the login2timeout), and what your @handle is (again, for me to look it up).

EDIT /// Also, because I'm suspicious about something

If you can, traceroute results for the following URLs and your public IP.

"launcher.startrekonline.com"

> nothing about sto <

patchserver.crypticstudios.com

"> 15 39 ms 38 ms 40 ms patchserverbirth.crypticstudios.com [200.95.18"

"accounts.crypticstudios.com"
    "controllertracker.crypticstudios.com"

> nothing about these, either<

What I do have, besides my personal ip and provider is a lot of times followed by randomized looking numbers followed by 5 lines about " atlas.cogentco.com "
  • eclipsegsxeclipsegsx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's my pastebin of the issue: http://pastebin.com/tAswpUVQ

Disclaimer:
    Yes, I've force-verified this install (six times so far). I have also restarted machine multiple times, restarted my router (30 seconds without power), and also restarted the cable modem (30 seconds without power).

Couple of highlights from it that I found interesting:
    150509 05:28:14 21 Client[0 [NOENT]]: ChatRelay link disconnected (208.95.186.12:7402). Reason: socket was shutdown(10054:Connection reset by remote host) (socket error 10054: Connection reset by remote host)
    150509 15:56:33 15 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link disconnected (208.95.186.37:7001). Reason: socket was shutdown(0:No error) (socket error 0: No error)

Looks like some of the services aren't happy and are dropping connections :(

I also find it interesting that CogentCo is routing traffic destined for launcher.startrekonline.com from US-West (me) to Boston to Washington DC to Cryptic (With a French TLD:

14 89 ms 90 ms 100 ms be2302.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .13]
    15 87 ms 87 ms 84 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
    16 85 ms 87 ms 89 ms 38.111.40.114
    17 87 ms 86 ms 89 ms www.startrekonline.fr [208.95.185.44]

The ODDEST part that I find about all of this is that it ONLY is affecting my level 60 character (I have four 50's and a super-lowbie Delta Recruit as well). I noticed it yesterday after coming home from work, and was able to repro it quite a few times while she was on ESD. Filed a "stuck" ticket and then derp'd around on a level 50 for a while, and then after two STF's worth of action, attempted the 60 again with a successful login; I was able to get about an hour of playtime on her before having to log (In Delta Sector Space) to handle some tasks around the house.

I then attempted to log her in again a few hours later and found that I was unable to login to her (and only her) again -- filed another Stuck ticket, but was unable to play her for the rest of the night.

Next morning (this morning), same issue.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They're currently playing with fixes and going through internal testing. It'll probably hit Tribble at some point for live analysis. ETA unknown still though.
    Ah well, thank you for the update :)
  • aleksanderwolfaleksanderwolf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    has anyone had their account accessed by somone else ever ?

sometime during the past week when i was laid up sick
    somone got into my accounts and stole ed epic items and other stuff like tech upgrades

hey went tru all my toons and sold or stole anthing they could

iv tried to deal with ARC but so far they have prooved of very little use

after spendin a lot on this gane .. ii like it thats why i play

i dont appreciate the fact that no one can tell me what happened nor will the ARC people accept that items have been taken
    without my permission

any one help in any way
  • camenecius#5698 camenecius Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Probably not related, but I've noticed that I get disconnected from the account server sometimes when switching characters. I can then sign in again immediately with no problem.

The strange thing is that sometimes it shows my old account name, and sometimes it shows my current one. It's the same account, just a different name; I renamed my account a while back.

I haven't been able to see a pattern in when it shows old versus new, so there's something beyond an old, bad cache there.
  • ulrickeeulrickee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Every damn day, after 8pm (CET) the game becomes unplayable. Every single day.
    Thanks for yet another undeserved afk penalty!

And no, its not the connection:

Target Name: patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    IP: 208.95.185.41
    Date/Time: 10-May-15 7:51:27 PM to 10-May-15 7:58:09 PM

Hop Sent Err PL% Min Max Avg Host Name / [IP]
    1 398 0 0.0 0 4 0 speedport.ip [192.168.2.1]
    2 398 0 0.0 6 20 7 [217.0.117.183]
    3 398 0 0.0 7 25 10 [87.186.197.150]
    4 398 0 0.0 13 43 13 [217.239.48.150]
    5 398 0 0.0 12 38 13 ffm-b12-link.telia.net [213.248.103.169]
    6 398 0 0.0 13 126 18 ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [62.115.141.226]
    7 113 0 0.0 100 194 109 nyk-bb1-link.telia.net [213.155.131.147]
    8 199 0 0.0 106 167 108 bost-b1-link.telia.net [80.91.251.137]
    9 398 0 0.0 103 110 104 internap-ic-304640-bost-b1.c.telia.net [62.115.38.110]
    10 398 0 0.0 104 353 112 border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.41]
    11 398 0 0.0 103 142 109 perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    12 398 0 0.0 104 156 105 patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    camenecium wrote: »
    Probably not related, but I've noticed that I get disconnected from the account server sometimes when switching characters. I can then sign in again immediately with no problem.

The strange thing is that sometimes it shows my old account name, and sometimes it shows my current one. It's the same account, just a different name; I renamed my account a while back.

I haven't been able to see a pattern in when it shows old versus new, so there's something beyond an old, bad cache there.

I have similar issues on occassion. Get booted, it shows my original account name instead of current one. Albeit, sometimes I can't connect back to the account server for a minute or two or even login on the forums.

Also weird, I only ever seem to have "server not responding" lately on sunday evenings.
  • richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is becoming extremely frustrating. And, worse yet, no one seems to be following up on this issue. Well, here's my info again:

IP: 71.21.236.241
    Date: Sunday, 5-10-2015
    Time: literally all day (9:32 am to 9:32 pm)

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Richardewi>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 4 ms 3 ms 2 ms clearspot [192.168.15.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 89 ms 47 ms 91 ms 10.41.233.225
    4 156 ms 89 ms 53 ms 71.22.6.205
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 114 ms 105 ms 56 ms Cogent-level3-6x10G.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.68.111
    .102]
    7 86 ms 86 ms 49 ms be2032.ccr22.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
    53]
    8 71 ms 109 ms 52 ms be2146.ccr22.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25
    .241]
    9 127 ms 125 ms 114 ms be2173.ccr42.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29
    .117]
    10 119 ms 116 ms 117 ms be2169.ccr22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
    .98]
    11 123 ms 130 ms 143 ms be2149.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
    .126]
    12 131 ms 149 ms 139 ms be2096.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
    .42]
    13 126 ms 147 ms 139 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.46.130]
    14 141 ms 139 ms 143 ms 38.111.40.114
    15 131 ms 139 ms 139 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Richardewi>

IS ANYONE WORKING ON THIS AT CRYPTIC?? WHY IS THIS AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH SO MANY PATCHES IN THE GAME? AND WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN FIXED YET???

C'mon, Cryptic! Get your TRIBBLE together and send out a "fix-all" patch tomorrow sometime!
    **Grumble, Grumble****
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    richardewi wrote: »
    IS ANYONE WORKING ON THIS AT CRYPTIC?? WHY IS THIS AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH SO MANY PATCHES IN THE GAME? AND WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN FIXED YET???

C'mon, Cryptic! Get your TRIBBLE together and send out a "fix-all" patch tomorrow sometime!
    **Grumble, Grumble****

See below:
    They're currently playing with fixes and going through internal testing. It'll probably hit Tribble at some point for live analysis. ETA unknown still though.

In summary, yes they are working on it. But like major issues instant fixes are simply NOT possible on some things. This fix for example is being caused by 3 major issues. Inside each major issue are all the minor issues.

Suggestion: like the rest of us with issues, wait.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • dawnraidernx0891dawnraidernx0891 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well Season 10 is in full swing! Too bad I can't enjoy it for more than anywhere from 2-10 minutes before I get that good old "server not responding" message and I get the boot...........Normally as a FTP player I would shut up cause its not like I pay for a subscription, but if you (PWI/CRYPTIC) were to check my account you'd see that I've spent a considerable amount of money on this game. SO........FIX THE DAMN SERVER ISSUES ALREADY!!!!! I love this game and want to play! Please work on these server issues! This is the worst I've seen it since season 4!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]We Are Phoenix Rebirth. Rising from the Ashes we are reborn again and again and continue to grow as fire burning across the Milky Way galaxy.
  • earthwindblazeearthwindblaze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My family member can get in. So....I figured it wasn't the network. I had previously tried to reinstall these games by using the ARC 'Uninstall' option AND also on Steam the 'Delete Local Files'. Those methods failed to actually remove the entire games. So after my family member logged in I decided to try to reinstall again. This time I went into my C drive and deleted everything with perfectworld, cryptic, steam game files for Startrek online and I removed ARC from my system.

I reinstalled both of the launchers for Neverwinter and Star Trek online through the steam library. Then first launched Neverwinter and the launcher downloaded about 5G of data so I knew that one had been reinstalled completely.

Next I reinstalled ARC , then I reinstalled Star Trek Online through ARC and again I downloaded 6-7G of data so I knew that had been reinstalled fully.

I then launched Neverwinter from the Desktop Icon. I got to the splash screen with the character selection then I was disconnected. THIS time I did not just shut down the game, instead I logged in again and the Characters were there ready to be selected. I selected a character, then I was disconnected as the world was loading. I had logged into my lowest level one in protector's enclave. So...again I did not shut down the launcher but again relogged in and FINALLY I was in Neverwinter again! I was able to log into each character, I moved a level 60 character out of a level 70 zone and ..as I went through the 'Gate' portal to get back to Protector's enclave, BOOM ...disconnected. Relogged in and then I was able to move around. BUT changing Zones is VERY unstable. I've had this game a long time and it has never been this unstable. BUT the good news is that I can log into Neverwinter...however I hold my breath since I haven't played through a quest yet since all this happened.

My MAIN concern was Star Trek online. So here is what happened. I managed to log into that game too. HOWEVER, EVERy SINGLE TIME I LOG IN I MUST FIRST RELOG INTO THE LAUNCHER ABOUT 4-5 TIMES. EVERY SINGLE TIME! First the splash screen with the Iconian war loads, BOOM disconnected. Do not close the luancher, relog in again, the character select starts to load then BOOM, disconnected, do not exit but again relog in and the character is there to select, select a character then hit play, BOOM, disconnected again, do not close the launcher but log in AGAIN and when I hit Play I am able to play for quite a while. Again with this game I have been Disconnecting when changing zones, I created a Delta Recruit, of course 3 weeks to late as this is the final week. I have played up to level 12, I have been disconnected when transitioning from the introduction quests between the combat challenge that KDF characters go through before going through the door to QoNoS. Then at various other times when I have had to transition between a quest zone and the player zone I will get randomly disconnected. I have set my Graphics down to medium for this game and use DX9. I have a Geoforce 660, I have 16 GIGS of RAM, I have an AMD 8 core CPU. I have a GAMING computer. This type of thing seems to be some type of graphics overload. Especially with the Iconian War splash screen, the 3D animated characters in the character select screen. I am not sure why the new disconnecting between zones is happening.

So. Bottom line is Star Trek online works...but is unstable.

Neverwinter I an get in, it is unstable during zone transitions & character select screen loading but not as bad at the log in screen as Star Trek Online. I have not focused on Neverwinter because of the Delta Recruit event on STO so I can't say how much I can play this one yet.

But at least I have a work around to log in repeatedly until I am once again playing the game. Is this fixed? Not completely.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alright everyone. Here comes that fateful time.

I will be monitoring the situation as always, especially tomorrow when the patch is applied. That being said, resolutions to both server lag AND login issues makes me extremely happy. I might feel bruised and bloodied, but by hell I will see this get fixed.
  • ujam1ujam1 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fingers crossed! ;)
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
    FED: Special Circumstances, Raumpatroullie Elysion, Naeramarth
    KDF: Special Circumstances KDF
  • sirnobodysirnobody Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My issues are with the launcher only.

It stops in these 4 points at random:

1) as soon as it is loaded: Black screen with "Loading, please wait" white text
    2) while showing the animated gif of the bar placeholding the credentials fields
    3) Just after having entered my credentials and having hit "Login"
    4) After having hit "Login" while the launcher is loading the images of the "Pacthing"/"Engage" button

Once the game finally started (like now, it took me 30 minutes... eh) i have no issues anymore.

Is the loader a stripped down browser? Why does it takes so much loading simple and small images?
  • pinballmaster12pinballmaster12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As of 10:51 PM CDT, I have verified that my copy was patched, and everything seems to be working on my end. Thanks to those who got this fixed!!!!
  • tilviustilvius Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm hoping the maintenance will fix the crashing issues I've been having during heavy space and ground combat.
    edited May 2015
    As of 10:51 PM CDT, I have verified that my copy was patched, and everything seems to be working on my end. Thanks to those who got this fixed!!!!
    Thank Cthulhu!
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just did an ISA run. Me and a friend were lagging harder than ever before right from the start. Lag in ESD Orbit too. One guy in the ISA run seemed to play lag free tho.

Connection to server timeout also shows up occassionally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So far so good -- casual lag around Space Dock is gone. We'll see how it does once the load picks up this evening.

Trendy: How many Dev Heads do you have on your desk and do you have any recommendations to keep severed heads from drying out too quickly?
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "Login2_Timeout" error after loading to toon select screen and clicking play. Drops me back to login screen. No play for me :(
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    didn't take long for client to crash to desktop when switching characters again .... so much for the ultimate fix :)
    edited May 2015
    rikwessels wrote: »
    didn't take long for client to crash to desktop when switching characters again .... so much for the ultimate fix :)
    There's a reason I didn't close the thread. I want to get a solid confirmation that this is fixed or if there needs to be more patchery. :)
  • vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I keep crashing on the character screen as soon my ships begin to load up behind my characters still.
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "Login2_Timeout" error after loading to toon select screen and clicking play. Drops me back to login screen. No play for me :(
    There's a reason I didn't close the thread. I want to get a solid confirmation that this is fixed or if there needs to be more patchery. :)

It's all related , if you ask me ( I base this on how client "acts" prior to crash to desktop , I have IT background myself ) : the crashes when transferring maps , the crashes on Voth battleground and Zaria-map ( amongst others ) and the ones when switching characters . The client already seems to "hang "just prior to that . As if it's trying to communicate with server and is unable to . My suspicion is that it has to do with client-server communication rather than directx . The latter would happen all the time and on every map
  • intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nope login issue still not fixed. Put video card setting under display tab back to auto and game crashed at the Iconian War splash screen with the same Direct3D fatal error.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The lag ingame isn't fixed with this patch. I just did a normal ISA and it was the usual lag party like always, no command ships involved :(