Options

A letter to Cryptic and the mods

124»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Both, I specialize in motor vehicle collision extraction.
    Ah, you have one of the cool, but not fun jobs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Both, I specialize in motor vehicle collision extraction.

Jaws of Life FTW!!!
  • Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dear Doglover1992:

I hear there was this one guy who would lead this group called Starfleet Orthopedics named Bottoms. He was a nice guy who did things to make the game fun. The developers loved him, but the new bosses did not. He was banned forever about 2 years ago. He hasn't come back. I still don't see why you have come back.

Sincerely,

Tops
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah, so...Duh plot thickens.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    No...he got banned orginally for a racial slur. Then for stating why he was right to do so along with the discussion of moderation. Oh and there was a fake message from the mod he tried to pass off as well. You are gonna need to supersize.

Not sure what 'supersize' exactly means in this context, but I'm actually wisely staying out of it. Whenever someone comes here, claiming they were banned for a 'grammatical error', then you already know they're BS-ing.

I was merely having some (justified, I believe) Schadenfreude over the OP apparently being a glutton for punishment, comig back for more talk about moderation, when he just got re-banned for doing so in the first place. The OP kinda reminds me of my Manheim Device, diving headlong into the fray, with not a care in the world, incurring massive damage. :D
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Not sure what 'supersize' exactly means in this context, but I'm actually wisely staying out of it. Whenever someone comes here, claiming they were banned for a 'grammatical error', then you already know they're BS-ing.

I was merely having some (justified, I believe) Schadenfreude over the OP apparently being a glutton for punishment, comig back for more talk about moderation, when he just got re-banned for doing so in the first place. The OP kinda reminds me of my Manheim Device, diving headlong into the fray, with not a care in the world, incurring massive damage. :D

Have some popcorn ?:D
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »

popcorn, he means; supersize the popcorn
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    popcorn, he means; supersize the popcorn

Thx. Learn something new every day! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You do realize that our mods are unpaid volunteers who are only here when they can spare the time from their schedules. And even Trendy can't monitor the forums 24/7 by herself.

Now if Cryptic/PWE actually paid people to serve as Mods...

that would be discussing moderation...
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b81Cr97ANrk

They must have hooked him up to this. BTW the Asian guy is my hero. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lystent wrote: »
    or maybe it is, oh I don't know, my college education perhaps.

I'd ask for a refund if I was you, they failed to even teach you about paragraphs.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The OP makes one solid point

Never cry on a forum without a large box of kleenex and
    to be sure to have Whine 1,1 on speed dial

Oh the OP didnt make that point?

Mustve been me :P

The title of this thread should be changed to

Pity Party here bring kleenex's
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I could go on for hours...

Are you sure? Soon the Devs will return from their weekend retreat, and I'd say you're running out of hours. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you don't like something with the game so much that complaining about it gets you banned maybe you should stop playing. But don't complain and come back again and again and again like an addict. If you don't log in at all you make a difference. Otherwise you don't. Simple as that.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think you (OP) perhaps have an over exaggerated perception of your own importance.

You broke the rules and were moderated, then broke them again and was moderated again. You have repeated this pattern and the moderation (I imagine) shall continue.

It is not because you are a rebel or a 'special snowflake' standing up for the masses. It's simply because you have broken the rules, and continue to do so.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wall of text, needs paragraphs, thus

tl;dr
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This game is not what it use to be, and I may not have the right to complain about it, but I have the obligation to do so, like many other players.

(snip)

Have you really asked yourself what STO is underneath those pay/time gates? It was a whole lot more back then, but how about now? And have you asked yourself what the developers have in their power to accomplish in improving this game? As a game writer, I feel very deeply that there can be much done with this game, if the developers put their heart to it, and put their wallet's thoughts on a leash.

I needed to trim stuff a bit , but agree with the above .
    The game has become a programmers fantasy (new powers & skills by the bucket load) , and a cash register .

Lucky for them , they have some good artists to cover up the fact that the Emperor is naked ... , and has been for a very long time now .
    The last host of STOked had a saying : "it is what it is" , and that's very true .

Now , I am all for championing little fixes -- stuff that can be made for the betterment of not just my enjoyment , but of the enjoyment of others .
    But the years have taught me that there is a difference between that , and wanting sweeping changes to the game -- for the benefit of the players .

Sweeping changes have been made -- but they were and continue to be one sided .

... sorry to ruin the troll fest , and lystent , if you really don't mind getting banned , there are easier ways to make your point ...
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just another failing WoW

WoW is failing? This game, nor any other game has ever come close to the sub numbers WoW still has even with the large number of players they lost recently.

Not a fan of the game, but to call WoW failing when it is raking in money hand and foot is just ridiculous.

Yeah I cherry picked that point. Might as well, the who post was pointless.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »
    WoW is failing? This game, nor any other game has ever come close to the sub numbers WoW still has even with the large number of players they lost recently.

Not a fan of the game, but to call WoW failing when it is raking in money hand and foot is just ridiculous.

Yeah I cherry picked that point. Might as well, the who post was pointless.
    Every game you dislike is dying. It is just the way people think - that each individual is at the center of the universe and all true beliefs revolve around them. I do not like WoW = WoW is dying. I do not like STO = STO is dying, etc. Human arrogance tends to know few limits.

WoW's current Subscriber number is 7.1 million. Other MMOs would kill to have half that many monthly Subs. According to PW's financials they average 500,000 players per game in FTP. They would probably give anything to have a game which had 3.5 million Subs. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Every game you dislike is dying. It is just the way people think - that each individual is at the center of the universe and all true beliefs revolve around them. I do not like WoW = WoW is dying. I do not like STO = STO is dying, etc. Human arrogance tends to know few limits.

In this case, it's much simpler even: "I got banned. But yeah, this game was fail anyway." So transparent, it makes transparent aluminium look solid by comparison!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1) we dont have the power to ban.
    2) you never get banned for grammar issues.
    3) we don't have access to tickets
    4) discussing moderation is against the rules.
    5) thread closed.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.