What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A letter to Cryptic and the mods

Comments

• Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2015
    Anyways, I tried the new content, and it was meh. as for the old content... well...
    It is far worse than I thought; how am I suppose to play w/o anyone to play with?
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lystent wrote: »
    Anyways, I tried the new content, and it was meh. as for the old content... well...
    It is far worse than I thought; how am I suppose to play w/o anyone to play with?

I dunno I've always found that playing with myself pretty entertaining.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Listen, we cannot let these people be like this. It is bad for us, them, and the game.

their game, their forum you are on, their rules. i dunno what else you were expecting. thats alll i will state.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    their game, their forum you are on, their rules. i dunno what else you were expecting. thats alll i will state.

I was expecting that they remotely knew how to receive criticism... and then they soured everything on me and I had to use the same medium to issue a public apology. It is the way they soured things... I don't know if you see this, but I had two choices: let them burn themselves (for which I would eat at myself), or make an effort to enlighten them (where I would not eat at myself for the effort, even though it does absolutely no help to the game in the end (even though I tried))
    trennan wrote: »
    I dunno I've always found that playing with myself pretty entertaining.

I wish that they had single-player mode on all of the PvE missions, even the choice to put boffs in our other ships to help us in the space missions (while filling their empty slots with generic substitute boffs).
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, I am done here everyone; all I really needed to do was the open letter... and to see how well the game was doing (and how empty things look). Well, I may as well move on, to things like opening every box in the 'great' city of opportunity, looking for jimmy jenkins, or flying a space center to a world that goes clockwise around the sun. I hope... well, I am not sure what to hope... maybe for things to get back to being well with this game (I maintain that I have seen better days in STO, if the developers, the publishers, and the community mangers put their hearts into it, those days would return).
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A.My friends where generous and helping.
    B.A simple grammar mistake, and apology later:
    Latest Infractions Received
    Post Date Expires Points Reason Posted By
    Private 02-02-2015
    11:22 AM Never 5 Discussing Moderation/Posting Private Correspondence
    Here is how I see things: 01-28-2015
    10:15 PM Never 5 Hate Speech

With your horrible structure, spelling, and grammar, I have my doubts you have any sort of college education. Even the most brain dead liberal arts slacker I've ever known can do better, despite net and text speak corruption.

You're nothing more than another troll just trying to stir up some TRIBBLE for your amusement.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was expecting that they remotely knew how to receive criticism... and then they soured everything on me and I had to use the same medium to issue a public apology. It is the way they soured things... I don't know if you see this, but I had two choices: let them burn themselves (for which I would eat at myself), or make an effort to enlighten them (where I would not eat at myself for the effort, even though it does absolutely no help to the game in the end (even though I tried))

I wish that they had single-player mode on all of the PvE missions, even the choice to put boffs in our other ships to help us in the space missions (while filling their empty slots with generic substitute boffs).

I don't know of a single person that got banned for constructive criticism. You only get banned for flaming, calling them names and the like. In fact, I think the mods are rather tolerant when it comes to criticism. This leads to two conclusions:

First you must have been very offensive in your original post that got you banned.

Second you tried to get some support from the community by discussing the reasons you got banned for.

Both are against the rules. Sorry but even without knowing the exact details of your ban I tend to side with the devs/mods on this one.
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't let this persons act fool you.

He is an English speaker... pretending to Poorly understand the language, and or be using a translator.

He gives it away by using things like "freaking hilarious"... I think anyone that speaks more then one Language sees right though that. The use of the English colloquialisms is a dead give away.

This person is a troll... ban them again.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmm im surprised this hasnt been closed yet

well anyways

Im just popping in before thread closure :)
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As some of you know I was insta banned for a grammatical mistake. I have done a formal apology, and that that got me insta banned again (for discussion of moderation and posting private correspondence... whatever that was. I attempted to debate that charge, but never got a word once the ticket got moved to the moderators. Also, it has as bad punishment as 'hate speech'). Now I got a word for your deft ears, and I know it will get me banned as well. But anything will get me banned anymore, because I am on your list. It is a shame things have to be like this. Especially since I was only trying to help you. To be honest, you guys are pretty freaking hilarious! Pathetic, but hilarious. See, you guys have totally lost your plot. You lost your plot when making the more recent alterations to the game.That got people like me complaining. We were complaining because we wanted the game to be better, not worst! But you ignored us and made the game even more worst. And worst than that, you stuck with some dirty play. Silencing us, for reasons you searched hard for. You worked hard to find dirt so you can silence us. And you think silencing us makes everything better? Do dead ques and an angsty community look better to you? You folks have been doing many bad things against your players and need to stop before you are in the red. Yes. In the red. Your tactics may be keeping you in the black now, but you have one heckuva bite coming up. You folks need to fix your ways and restrengthen your community before that bite hits, or else it is your job. If you try a new game, your reputation may follow you and curse you further. You want that risk? I played STO because it was a good game. I stopped playing STO because it is a bad game. Just another failing WoW as far as I am concerned. Prove me wrong! Rebuild this game!
    Didn't you make this exact same thread about half a year ago? Because I'm having some serious deja v
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    TRIBBLE this noise. Music thread. It is dead tomorrow so why not rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4
  • Options
    william627william627 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As some of you know I was insta banned for a grammatical mistake. I have done a formal apology, and that that got me insta banned again (for discussion of moderation and posting private correspondence... whatever that was. I attempted to debate that charge, but never got a word once the ticket got moved to the moderators. Also, it has as bad punishment as 'hate speech'). Now I got a word for your deft ears, and I know it will get me banned as well. But anything will get me banned anymore, because I am on your list. It is a shame things have to be like this. Especially since I was only trying to help you. To be honest, you guys are pretty freaking hilarious! Pathetic, but hilarious. See, you guys have totally lost your plot. You lost your plot when making the more recent alterations to the game.That got people like me complaining. We were complaining because we wanted the game to be better, not worst! But you ignored us and made the game even more worst. And worst than that, you stuck with some dirty play. Silencing us, for reasons you searched hard for. You worked hard to find dirt so you can silence us. And you think silencing us makes everything better? Do dead ques and an angsty community look better to you? You folks have been doing many bad things against your players and need to stop before you are in the red. Yes. In the red. Your tactics may be keeping you in the black now, but you have one heckuva bite coming up. You folks need to fix your ways and restrengthen your community before that bite hits, or else it is your job. If you try a new game, your reputation may follow you and curse you further. You want that risk? I played STO because it was a good game. I stopped playing STO because it is a bad game. Just another failing WoW as far as I am concerned. Prove me wrong! Rebuild this game!

yphki.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was expecting that they remotely knew how to receive criticism...

ciritcal comments or no, you agreed to their terms of service when you, registered, downloaded and played sto. that means you accept responsibly from that point whatever you do, including receiving a ban.

like everyone here, we are just customers, its not a right to be here, neither is it your right to tell them what they should do with their own rules in their own house. you have two choices; you can accept what has happened and find something else to play, or you can make things even worse, like getting ip blocked for ex. (its not my concern what happens nor will i discuss that).

there is nothing to argue beyond that.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Did you suffer some sort of brain explosion?
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow this thread is still going?

Since its apparent that y'all really have nothing better to do. Here ya go, some entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-wwqoD1qnQ
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was penalized for the apology.

Here's a crazy idea: the phrase "we shall not speak of this again" means WE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF THIS AGAIN. Apologizing to a business is like yelling at a hurricane--your intentions, good or otherwise, are not germane.
    • Stop playing the "victim" card. I get that, in your eyes, you're a victim. Fine--you're a victim. I've acknowledged that you're a victim. Now that we've passed step one, let's move on to step two: it's called "Getting Over It."
    • Cryptic and PWE own the game and the message boards. They can do as they see fit, and there's not a thing any of us can do about it, unless we come up with the money to buy the game--which we won't be doing.
    • Maybe if you produced the copy of the Fairness Contract with which you were gifted at birth, Cryptic and PWE would realize that--wait, what? You weren't gifted with a Fairness Contract at birth? Welcome to the club--remember that dining room reservations have to be made two weeks in advance for holidays and weekends.
    • I'm absolutely sure that you believe your suggestions and overall goals are the improvement of STO. I'll even give you that one for free, too--you really do want to see the game improved, and you're not just grandstanding to get attention, even if it's negative. Well, I hate to break it to you, but you're not empowered to have your input considered. You don't work for either entity. You don't know the business goals of either entity--if you know anything about business at all. You might not have the qualifications to render a useful opinion. That you think you're qualified does not make you qualified.
    • Stop coming back to the scene of the crime. It doesn't make you look less guilty. It isn't a form of atonement. It's just feckless blather designed to appease your self-righteousness, and that begs a question you don't want asked. Or worse, answered.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,777 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Why is this thread still open? Discussion of moderation is against forum rules, Mods please lock this thread immediately.

Because it was posted on a Saturday? :: shrug ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As some of you know I was insta banned for a grammatical mistake. I have done a formal apology, and that that got me insta banned again (for discussion of moderation and posting private correspondence...

So, to recap, LOL, you got re-banned for discussing moderation, and you figured the best way to deal with that was to go ahead and do it all over again, right here?!

Oh yeah, this is gonna end well! :P *grabs some popcorn*
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    william627 wrote: »
    yphki.jpg

ROFLMMFAO. I like you. You should visit more often.:D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,192 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Why is this thread still open? Discussion of moderation is against forum rules, Mods please lock this thread immediately.

Our 3 volunteer mods don't get paid, and its possible that no one PM'd any of them to alert them of this thread assuming that they haunt the forums 24/7 and are all knowing when there is no report button to alert them.

Also... its the weekend. They have lives too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree with the OP.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So then, if only the upset people post on the forums, then why are you here?

You might want to read that again he said "Usually"
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I was penalized for the apology.

Welcome to the 21st century.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Proves my point, it is like they don't want me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoMQJf5vKI
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Everyone who is happy with the game is playing it and not on the forums,

There are plenty of people who *do* like the game that post on the forums at times when they can't actually log in and play. At school, at work, when visiting relatives; the possibilities are endless!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    There are plenty of people who *do* like the game that post on the forums at times when they can't actually log in and play. At school, at work, when visiting relatives; the possibilities are endless!

When the fire engine is in the bay, I have loads of time to check the forum on my smartphone. However, playing a MMO on town payroll is frowned upon. Time is better spent on training, or gear maintenance.

That doesn't mean I don't check the forum during meal, or general downtime.:)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Fireman or paramedic? In either case thanks for doing what you do.

Both, I specialize in motor vehicle collision extraction.
This discussion has been closed.