test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A letter to Cryptic and the mods

lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
As some of you know I was insta banned for a grammatical mistake. I have done a formal apology, and that that got me insta banned again (for discussion of moderation and posting private correspondence... whatever that was. I attempted to debate that charge, but never got a word once the ticket got moved to the moderators. Also, it has as bad punishment as 'hate speech'). Now I got a word for your deft ears, and I know it will get me banned as well. But anything will get me banned anymore, because I am on your list. It is a shame things have to be like this. Especially since I was only trying to help you. To be honest, you guys are pretty freaking hilarious! Pathetic, but hilarious. See, you guys have totally lost your plot. You lost your plot when making the more recent alterations to the game.That got people like me complaining. We were complaining because we wanted the game to be better, not worst! But you ignored us and made the game even more worst. And worst than that, you stuck with some dirty play. Silencing us, for reasons you searched hard for. You worked hard to find dirt so you can silence us. And you think silencing us makes everything better? Do dead ques and an angsty community look better to you? You folks have been doing many bad things against your players and need to stop before you are in the red. Yes. In the red. Your tactics may be keeping you in the black now, but you have one heckuva bite coming up. You folks need to fix your ways and restrengthen your community before that bite hits, or else it is your job. If you try a new game, your reputation may follow you and curse you further. You want that risk? I played STO because it was a good game. I stopped playing STO because it is a bad game. Just another failing WoW as far as I am concerned. Prove me wrong! Rebuild this game!
Post edited by lystent on

Comments

• induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And Ban in 3, 2, 1...

Seriously some people don't know how to let things go.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2015
    And Ban in 3, 2, 1...

Seriously some people don't know how to let things go.

Listen, we cannot let these people be like this. It is bad for us, them, and the game.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its amazing how these threads propagate all throughout the weekend, its like they know the mods aren't here and they can post all the bait they want.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lystent wrote: »
    Listen, we cannot let these people be like this. It is bad for us, them, and the game.
    If you do not like the game do not play it. It is really just that simple. If I do not like NCIS on TV I do not watch it. If I do not like corned beef I do not eat it. If I do not like Heavy Metal music I do not listen to it. Free will.

Your problem, which you clearly show by being unable to even drop something that you know will get you banned, is that you cannot let go. STO is never going to be what you want it to be. Cryptic will try to make as much money as they can from STO before the license runs out in 2018 and then that will probably be the end of it. PW has a life expectancy for all their games. It is planned that way.

You can accept it for what it is or you can bang your head against a nail. The choice is all yours, and only yours.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited May 2015

What proof do you have that the game is doing badly? and the Steam Charts are not an accurate source.

You wouldn't go to a Construction site and tell the workers there how to properly construct a building, so what makes you qualified to tell the Devs how to build their own game?
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's worse not worst, and it isn't really either, it's just business. You might want to see a doctor about getting that "stubborn streak" thing switched off.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yup, another popcorn thread. (munch- munch)
    edited May 2015
    What proof do you have that the game is doing badly? and the Steam Charts are not an accurate source.

You wouldn't go to a Construction site and tell the workers there how to properly construct a building, so what makes you qualified to tell the Devs how to build their own game?
    It isn't the workers who live inside the building in the end. It is us. And we are the ones to tell the workers when things are going badly for us. When I started playing, PvP was a thing, level creep wasn't even close to as bad, time/money gates were also not nearly as bad.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    It's worse not worst, and it isn't really either, it's just business. You might want to see a doctor about getting that "stubborn streak" thing switched off.
    *sigh* you are proving my point you know.
    edited May 2015
    It isn't the workers who live inside the building in the end. It is us. And we are the ones to tell the workers when things are going badly for us. When I started playing, PvP was a thing, level creep wasn't even close to as bad, time/money gates were also not nearly as bad.

*sigh* you are proving my point you know.

That doesn't make you qualified to teach Game design to game developers, your "Suggestions" make the game better in "your eyes".

And again what proof do you have that the game is in a bad state?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow, someone in STO actually got banned?

I don't know what you did, but it must have been nothing short of bludgeoning a baby to death.. with the body of another baby.

I'm shocked to see that it's even possible to get banned in a game that has no in game GM's and no moderation at all outside of the forums.

90% of the conversation in Zone chat would get people banned from any other MMO in existence. I seriously can't imagine what you must have done.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow, someone in STO actually got banned?

I don't know what you did, but it must have been nothing short of bludgeoning a baby to death.. with the body of another baby.

I'm shocked to see that it's even possible to get banned in a game that has no in game GM's and no moderation at all outside of the forums.

90% of the conversation in Zone chat would get people banned from any other MMO in existence. I seriously can't imagine what you must have done.
    He did not get banned in the game, just on the forum. I have only known 1 person to ever get banned from the game.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    He did not get banned in the game, just on the forum. I have only known 1 person to ever get banned from the game.

Gotcha, that makes more sense.. thank you.

You can literally do anything you want in game, it's a complete free for all.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited May 2015
    That doesn't make you qualified to teach Game design to game developers, your "Suggestions" make the game better in "your eyes".

And again what proof do you have that the game is in a bad state?

Maybe it is all my years of experience with finding what makes a good game, or maybe it is, oh I don't know, my college education perhaps, or maybe it is watching this game sour on many players over that time I have known it. This game is not what it use to be, and I may not have the right to complain about it, but I have the obligation to do so, like many other players. I know some gamers personally who looked at this game. One person couldn't stick with the game long enough to reach endgame, another shrivels at the sight of pay/time gates (which is what STO really has become). Have you really asked yourself what STO is underneath those pay/time gates? It was a whole lot more back then, but how about now? And have you asked yourself what the developers have in their power to accomplish in improving this game? As a game writer, I feel very deeply that there can be much done with this game, if the developers put their heart to it, and put their wallet's thoughts on a leash.
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow I can understand why the OP might be annoyed if it was the dog comment that got him banned. Half of the world's countries with the longest work weeks are in Asia. Having lived 1/4 of my life in the number 1 ranked country I can attest that it is a grind like no other. Of course that would have been CS and he was idiot and fired for a reason. I'd embrace the new normal.
    edited May 2015
    Oh look who's back and still hasn't learned his lesson.

Trollolol.

Edit: This is not a troll thread, this is an open letter.
    edited May 2015
    Maybe it is all my years of experience with finding what makes a good game, or maybe it is, oh I don't know, my college education perhaps, or maybe it is watching this game sour on many players over that time I have known it. This game is not what it use to be, and I may not have the right to complain about it, but I have the obligation to do so, like many other players. I know some gamers personally who looked at this game. One person couldn't stick with the game long enough to reach endgame, another shrivels at the sight of pay/time gates (which is what STO really has become). Have you really asked yourself what STO is underneath those pay/time gates? It was a whole lot more back then, but how about now? And have you asked yourself what the developers have in their power to accomplish in improving this game? As a game writer, I feel very deeply that there can be much done with this game, if the developers put their heart to it, and put their wallet's thoughts on a leash.

If you have a college education in game design then why don't you apply for a job at Cryptic and fix the game yourself?
    I don't exactly trust your judgement, and once again I'm still waiting on proof that the game really is in a bad state and not just your opinion of it.
    Saying that players are going "sour" on it is a symptom not proof, do you have any proof whatsoever? any facts to go on besides your "expert" (and I''m using that term loosely) opinion?
    Or am I just talking to a lamp post? allbeit a very stubborn lamp post.
    edited May 2015
    Coming from the guy that hasn't learned to stop discussing being moderated.

Anyways, what is it that you hope to accomplish?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You say that without the slightest bit of irony.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Just goes to show how worthless a college education is. or to quote Ron White - "You Can't Fix Stupid"

Hey now. The University of Phoenix online college, has helped thousands of fast food fry cooks move up to ringing the cash register, with their business degree program.
    Show some respect.:P
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VM2eLhvsSM
    edited May 2015

Damnit Virus I'm trying to be serious but that is making me want to smile.
    edited May 2015
    If you have a college education in game design then why don't you apply for a job at Cryptic and fix the game yourself?
    I don't exactly trust your judgement, and once again I'm still waiting on proof that the game really is in a bad state and not just your opinion of it.
    Saying that players are going "sour" on it is a symptom not proof, do you have any proof whatsoever? any facts to go on besides your "expert" (and I''m using that term loosely) opinion?
    Or am I just talking to a lamp post? allbeit a very stubborn lamp post.

There is now way I'll work for a company that puts profit ahead of gameplay (this tells you on how much faith I have in this letter). As for proof, have you ever noticed how hard it was to avoid those signatures that said "Delta Rising is the best expansion ever, and the players love it" right after DR hit?
    Also, took a while to dig these up:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1355081&page=2
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1354391

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1353311
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1352301
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1350981
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1348561
    I could go on for hours...
    edited May 2015
    There is now way I'll work for a company that puts profit ahead of gameplay (this tells you on how much faith I have in this letter). As for proof, have you ever noticed how hard it was to avoid those signatures that said "Delta Rising is the best expansion ever, and the players love it" right after DR hit?
    Also, took a while to dig these up:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1355081&page=2
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1354391

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1353311
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1352301
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1350981
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1348561
    I could go on for hours...

Yeah I knew you'd use the Forums as proof *sigh*
    Okay...

The Forums are NOT an accurate representation of player opinion, not only do a small percentage of players visit the forums but players usually only come to the forums to talk about something they are unhappy with so of course most of the people on the forums are complaining, its always been that way even pre DR, every time a new season is released there is a flood of forum posts on how the game is "failing" this is just the latest example.

Everyone who is happy with the game is playing it and not on the forums, so I'll ask once more what proof do you have that the game is in a bad state?

And P.S I also had a Signature poking fun at Delta Rising and the apparent "success" of it's release but that was just a funny gimmick it was not a reflection of my true opinion, Delta Rising had it's strong and weak point like any other season.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You are a gift to the STO forums. Never change.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I knew you'd use the Forums as proof *sigh*
    Okay...

The Forums are NOT an accurate representation of player opinion, not only do a small percentage of players visit the forums but players usually only come to the forums to talk about something they are unhappy with so of course most of the people on the forums are complaining, its always been that way even pre DR, every time a new season is released there is a flood of forum posts on how the game is "failing" this is just the latest example.

Everyone who is happy with the game is playing it and not on the forums, so I'll ask once more what proof do you have that the game is in a bad state?

And P.S I also had a Signature poking fun at Delta Rising and the apparent "success" of it's release but that was just a funny gimmick it was not a reflection of my true opinion, Delta Rising had it's strong and weak point like any other season.
    So then, if only the upset people post on the forums, then why are you here?
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Yup, another popcorn thread. (munch- munch)
    All Bow to the Hypnotoad
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Different folks like different things, want different things, and if they're not getting what they want or what they like...they leave.

Couldn't even guess at how many games I've left since starting with UO back in '97...heh, but UO was the first game that I left because they made a change I didn't like.

Some games I've left haven't done well, some shutdown, some are still muddling along, some are still going strong, and some have even grown.

And it's not just about games I've left...there are games that left me - those games that I was enjoying that got shutdown as well.

It happens...turnover, leaving, coming, yadda, yadda, yadda.
    edited May 2015
    So then, if only the upset people post on the forums, then why are you here?

Not "just" the upset people but mostly so, when people are unhappy with a game they often use the forums to give voice to their concerns and you claim that that STO used to be a "good game" but people have been crying and complaining about the game since it was first released that hasn't changed, I've been coming to the forums for years and it's the same every season.

And me? I'm here for the Nerd rage, thankyou for giving me my daily fix. :rolleyes:
    edited May 2015
    Not "just" the upset people but mostly so, when people are unhappy with a game they often use the forums to give voice to their concerns and you claim that that STO used to be a "good game" but people have been crying and complaining about the game since it was first released that hasn't changed, I've been coming to the forums for years and it's the same every season.

And me? I'm here for the Nerd rage, thankyou for giving me my daily fix. :rolleyes:

BTW, my fleet died. Becoming a trend though. Get in a fleet, it dies, get in another, it dies, so on, so forth. Friend list also kaput. If you are telling me that the game is not failing, then why is this so?
    Also, this subject is not what really peebs me; It is the way some of us has been treated. So of us would like to see the game improved. Some of us would like to see major improvements in the beta tests (like bug screening, and other responses to player feedback). It is not just that they are ignoring us, but it also seems like they get mad at us for giving "I don't like this" as feedback.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It is just too bad that the original Coke was banned a few years after it was released.
This discussion has been closed.