Install Arc
Options

Direct3D Fatal Error

13»

Comments

• Options
    valsgaardvalsgaard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am also have this issue, and it started yesterday up to the patch after the patch i was getting this message and was able to attempt to log in several times and the game would load , but now i can not access the game if theres a fix it would be nice to have

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize Direct3D. This application requires Direct3D 9.0c. This failure may indicate the installed Direct3D version does not meet that requirement. Rebooting, re installing DirectX, updating video drivers, or contacting customer service may help resolve this issue.

Technical Details: Direct3DCreate9(80000020) failed. GetLastError() = 0"
  • Options
    bowenderiterbowenderiter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Open in safe mode in the luncher settings
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hithereyou wrote: »
    We're working on adding some diagnostic info to the startup code to track this down. If anyone else is experiencing this problem, let me know.

Dave

Had this Issue since the Patch Season 10 Sent ticket in Please fix Safe Mode will let you play but Game will soon crash.
  • Options
    ravermatthewravermatthew Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    starmanj wrote: »
    Had this Issue since the Patch Season 10 Sent ticket in Please fix Safe Mode will let you play but Game will soon crash.

i to am having this problem I have now done a complete reset of my computer in the hopes that it will work properly again if it doesn't im sending my laptop back to hp to have the cpu chips looked at and/or replaced
  • Options
    penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Getting this annoying Direct3D error too. Does my head in. A promotion is offered for a single week and then people get this bug and can not log in.

Anyone have a fix. I see someone said to download directX? It would appear that windows update is set to download this automatically, so I can only assume I already have the latest version. So why does STO no longer work??? It did before.
  • Options
    voxkarvoxkar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am getting the same error it was working last night but now nothing also it works for a while but when i start a loading screen it crashes and i get the error. Need help
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    what the hell i know i posted in this thread just a little bit earlier and now that post in this thread is nowhere to be found. i had responded saying that this whole direct3d fatal error is being cause by cryptic and perfectworld defaulting the graphics options to directx 11 automatically activated instead of letting us the player/user determining what graphics settings ect we use. for me it started out with the exact error mentioned in this post i used a -d3d11Enable 0 to disable directx 11 in the command line and now all i get is a black screen with music playing in the background. so whatever it is is not caused by the launcher but by the games graphics settings defaulting/starting up the game in directx 11. in fact i'm sure that is what is causing most of our troubles for those of us replying to this particular thread.
  • Options
    voxkarvoxkar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I entered d3d9 and its working for me tho i do get a funny screen flash when it loads to warp to different places