test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Direct3D Fatal Error

I got this error message:

"Fatal Error: Unable to initialize Direct3D. This application requires Direct3D 9.0c. This failure may indicate the installed Direct3D version does not meet that requirement. Rebooting, re installing DirectX, updating video drivers, or contacting customer service may help resolve this issue.

Technical Details: Direct3DCreate9(80000020) failed. GetLastError() = 0"

I haven't played in a few weeks because of school but before then it worked perfectly fine. Also, I checked my drivers and none are available, and I don't want to try reinstalling anything just yet. What happened?
Post edited by jg2112 on

Comments

• th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just try downloading and re-installing DirectX. So long as you have closed all other programs beforehand, it should be quick and painless, and you won't even have to reboot.
  • hithereyouhithereyou Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We're working on adding some diagnostic info to the startup code to track this down. If anyone else is experiencing this problem, let me know.

Dave
  • swanmonswanmon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have been having the same problem with my game. Dunno what to do cause it used to work then it started spamming this problem
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hi I have also this problem

fatal error : direct 3D returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query
    D3D11 device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a006

my computer :

Intel I3 3240 3,4 ghz
    AMD radeon HD 7700 ---> catalyst 13.9
    memory : 8ghz

windows 7 64bits
  • zeihmelezeihmele Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013

my computer :

Intel I3 3240 3,4 ghz
    AMD radeon HD 7700 ---> catalyst 13.9
    memory : 8ghz

windows 7 64bits

Same issue here: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/txux3.jpg
  • tb688tb688 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm getting the same issue all of the sudden.
  • sandrello79sandrello79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tb688 wrote: »
    I'm getting the same issue all of the sudden.

me too!!.....has anyone found a solution?
    edited February 2014
    hithereyou wrote: »
    We're working on adding some diagnostic info to the startup code to track this down. If anyone else is experiencing this problem, let me know.

Dave

I have a very similar error .... I have installed DirectX11 and my DXDIAG diagnostics everything is updated and working, including Direct3D ..... am attaching the image file error....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18382120/Screenshot%202014-01-29%2015.53.57.png
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Remove your config files in the localdata folder in STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    Remove your config files in the localdata folder in STO.

I also tried to clean the LocalData folder, deleting the file "Gameprefs" but nothing changes. The game starts with 800x600 resolution and any other resolution I imposed a crash occurs immediately.
  • dorileth22dorileth22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm getting this error for the first time today aswell
  • seargentxseargentx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hithereyou wrote: »

Dave

I have also recently had this error occur, and every single time I load STO, once I get past the "Legacy of Romulus" part, the screen goes black and the error pops up.

This is really infuriating. I am a heavy STO player, and this has thrown a monkey wrench into everything.

ARGH! (◣_◢)
  • tytanbumptytanbump Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Has anyone had any luck finding a solution to this?
  • seargentxseargentx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think what is happening has something to do with DirectX maybe? I assumed with the similar names (Direct3D and DirectX) there was a correlation?

Maybe it also has something to do with what systems we run.

I run:
    Windows Vista Home Premium pavilion dv5
    Driver: NVIDIA 9200M GS

I know this seems a little ancient for a laptop, but I have been running STO for nearly 2 years now and I have had no problems until now. So, either STO has upgraded from DirectX 10.1, or something else has been screwed up badly.

There is no way I could upgrade my laptop anytime soon. So Cryptic, either give me the bad news, or tell me something else is causing this and I can go on my way.
  • josh1772josh1772 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Could some one tell me if they ever found a solution
  • orion007orion007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

windows 7 64bits

Hi Admins.

I recently started playing the game, it worked fine yesterday, then after patch the above error code
    is now showing every time I try to log in.
    How ever after repeated tries still comes up with the same.

Additionally, for the first time since I got this pc the game caused the blue screen of death

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to rectify the situation.

here is what i have done so far :
    Reverified files
    my next step will be to repair the install to see if theres anything that might help by doing that

Admins/Devs, it would be handy to know what the minimum requirements to play the game
    after you patch things, if changes to hardware are needed those details should be made availible within patch notes.

Thank you for any help given
  • iplaystarwarsiplaystarwars Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DDERR_INVALIDCALL) while resetting the device. NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Screen goes black after Delta Rising splash screen. I can hear the character login page load up, I can even log in by clicking *blindly* but still a black screen with a curser. The game is there, I can even use chat... Not that I can see what I'm typing or anyone responding.
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com
  • mrseaversmrseavers Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I constantly get crashes and graphical bugs/errors/rubberbanding polygons after the update. Never had any problems before that nor does any other game i own cause anything similar. Cryptic messed up theirt code, big time!

I particlarly get the D3D11 Hung/Device removed crash.

Do something about it. It's preposterous that something like that goes unnoticed unless, of course, Cryptic has absolutely no quality assurance and testing.
  • stronspearstronspear Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    same problem here cannt get to the char select screen with out the 3d crash ,
    after 4 years totally upset about it is putting it mild we get things like this every expansion I know but not quite this nasty usualy

would love to play however not even a option to log in and change settings. :eek:
  • sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This error started for me after the Delta Rising Update
    System Info:

Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
    Intel Core I-7 4770 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz
    12GB RAM Installed Memory
    Intel HD 4600 Graphics
    Direct X 11
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • silverskyhigh2silverskyhigh2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It all started today as well with the release of Delta Rising

The Error that I get is the following...
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking synce query.

Technical Details: Synce query 13 0x3a3e640 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF'
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

Might want to look into your Direct X files Cryptic you might have some Borg hiding in there.
  • sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is anyone else having this side effect:

After the game crashes...everything that should be black or dark grey (like the borders of this website) is extremely light grey? It fixes with a reboot...just an interesting side effect
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
    edited October 2014
    This is getting ridiculous. The crashes are increasing in both frequency and magnitude!

At this point i want to hear an official statement from Cryptic employees. It cannot be that the ENTIRE game is now reduced to a roll of dice on whether it crashes or not.

FYI, i'm getting DX11 Hung/Device removed/Gameclient stopped working errors. Textures and Polygons get warped and stretched in the game before a crash occurs. Graphics don't load in properly. The UI gets messed up in different colors and they look broken. NOTHING like that happened at any time before the update.

It is NOT my hardware. It is NOT my software. It is YOUR shoddy upgrade that introduced these crashes. And you can't tell me that something like this was never encountered during development.

I will NOT post my system specs. Suffice to say that i'm running a high-end AMD card. Everything else is brand new, thoroughly tested and tried to work flawlessly and as up-to-date as can be.

You did something to how the game communicates with DX 11 or Direct x in general because that's where all those errors come from and i want this solved. It's not like i'm merely barred from the new content, the whole game is broken now.

Fix it. Fix it fast because those problems shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Oh and here's a definition of the problem taken directly from Microsofts Site:

"The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed."

There. Microsoft told you to fix your damn mess.
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mrseavers wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous. The crashes are increasing in both frequency and magnitude!

At this point i want to hear an official statement from Cryptic employees.

Not gonna happen, EULA makes that perfectly clear.... They don't have to do anything. That's right, according to their own EULA they can literally brush off the people who can't get in with a "tough luck" and you'd have no legal recourse.....

Oh and here's a definition of the problem taken directly from Microsofts Site:

"The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed."

There. Microsoft told you to fix your damn mess.

That's hilarious....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
    edited October 2014
    @sunseahl

What exactly is your purpose? If you don't want to offer a solution to the problems at hand, you might as well go somewhere else. I don't give a damn about their EULA. They push out faulty software and they SURE AS HELL are responsible that. I will not engage on any petty wise-TRIBBLE TRIBBLE and legalities with you.

As for the Microsoft part. Yes. That is what they say. An app creates an error and it is the developers responsibility to check and fix. Nothing hilarious, absolutely logical.
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    @sunseahl

What exactly is your purpose? If you don't want to offer a solution to the problems at hand, you might as well go somewhere else. I don't give a damn about their EULA. They push out faulty software and they SURE AS HELL are responsible that. I will not engage on any petty wise-TRIBBLE TRIBBLE and legalities with you.

All i said was that by their own EULA, which you agreed to by playing the game in the first place, means they NEVER have to give you a statement and they don't have to make the game work for you.

As for why I'm here... I'm waiting for a dev to finally admit that they feked up somewhere and finally have a solution or to give us all the middle finger as I too can't play the game due to this/a variant of this error....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • danwoellhofdanwoellhof Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This is what I'm getting also, PLEASE FIX IT!!!
  • danwoellhofdanwoellhof Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wrote:

This is what I'm getting also, PLEASE FIX IT!!!