test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• rothusrothus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It was working for a couple days, back to 'login2 Timeout', connect to then SnR and 'Disconnect from server', and 'connection to account server timed out', I Do enjoy the game, its one of few F2P MMO's that don't handicap you if you don't spend money on it like SWTOR, (which is almost piece for piece copy of WoW)
  • kaptain90kaptain90 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ozy83 wrote: »
    Not sure what was done, but the last two days I've been able to play with practically no lag. This is the first time in weeks. Thankyou, whoever it was <3:)

exactly the opposite here. since downloading i had no issues logging on or getting kicked off or anything else until today. extremely upset!
  • threeamthreeam Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Having login issues this morning as well, for the first time.

It either gets to the character select screen, but my characters never fully load, and I get kicked back to the sign in screen, or I can select a character and after pressing play, the loading screen gets to 94-97% loaded, stalls, then disconnects and drops me back to the login screen.
  • uranium23567uranium23567 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this really wouldn't be any big deal if you haven't BEEN HAVING THE PROBLEM ON AND OFF FOR THE PAST MONTH. By now you must have diagnosed it, and know whats wrong. There is no reason its STILL going on for this time
  • richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    intrepid31 wrote: »
    Hey gang look at all the things Cryptic fixed in the game and the stuff they know that needs to be fixed.

This is all great, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DIRECT3D AND GRAPHCIS ISSUES THAT HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR THE LAST SERVERAL WEEKS!!! LIKE THIS ONE THAT WE ALL HAVE SEEN OVER AND OVER BEING POSTED IN THIS THREAD.

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 1 0xf5ce380 GetData = = 0x887a0005 0 NF
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

When are you going to fix this? Don't tell us its our systems; we have uninstalled and reinstalled our graphics drivers and sofware, the game and try all the little tricks that you have suggested.
    As players we have done all that you have asked. Some players have gone out of their way to help others fix the problem that you created. It is now time for you to quit placing the blame on others and their system and fix the issue that your team created. Crack the whip on your team get it fixed and if they cant get it done then maybe you need to find someone to fill their seat that can get the job done.

This is my stance exactly. I can safely say that prior to Delta Rising, I had no login issues. After that patch was uploaded, I've been getting this Direct3D driver error every since. I've submitted over 5 tickets about this issue, jumped through all the hoops they asked me to resolve this, and still...nothing.
    I think that after my current three months have expired, I will cancel my sub if I'm having the same issues three months from now. I'm tired of launching the game over eight times just to play it.
  • threeamthreeam Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just as a heads up with the login issues, it's not just STO. I'm now having the same issues trying to login to Champions, as well.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are three large issues that are impacting performance right now, and they're all under investigation.

We're having some odd network issues, not including DDOS attacks, and you may have seen trendy collecting traces along with other information from players. This data is being passed off to our network engineers who are working to solve this issue.

A bug that caused major FPS issues went live with Season 10 and wasn't discovered until Friday. We have a fix that's already on tribble and will go live this week.

We did some profiling on our heavier maps and discovered that some player powers are incredibly expensive on our gameservers. It will take some time to identify them all and rebuild them in a way where they are functionally identical to you, but far less expensive for the gameservers. This is a change that will take time but will trickle out as we identify the offending powers and make fixes.

This is a pretty big deal to us and we have a fair amount of people across a wide array of disciplines working to get this resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience and my delay in posting something about it. Nothing nefarious about the delay, it's simply a busy time over here post release.

Salami,

Thank you for this, It's a comfort to hear that you all are looking into this.

Right now, in instances with one or more players, all using their powers, the game becomes truly unplayable due to all the lag. Something has to be done.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still having the same problems after yesterdays patch. It was like yesterday after the patch it was fine and today itz back to "normal" again. :(

-DX11 crashes
    -FPS drops on some maps
    -Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    >tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms speedport.ip [192.168.2.1]
    2 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms 217.0.117.173
    3 26 ms 23 ms 23 ms 87.186.196.242
    4 143 ms 200 ms 166 ms 217.239.48.138
    5 23 ms 23 ms 23 ms ffm-b12-link.telia.net [213.248.103.169]
    6 24 ms 23 ms 24 ms ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [62.115.142.16]
    7 108 ms 151 ms 109 ms nyk-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.250.203]
    8 113 ms 113 ms 114 ms bost-b1-link.telia.net [80.91.246.125]
    9 118 ms 116 ms 116 ms internap-ic-304640-bost-b1.c.telia.net [62.115.38.110]
    10 114 ms * 114 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.41]
    11 118 ms 124 ms 125 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    12 112 ms 113 ms 114 ms xboxpatchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

STO is the only application that has such a massive lag, it's becoming unplayable.

Just tried to do some single player patrol missions, but even that is simply not playable anymore.
    Hopefully the devs find soon a sollution for this, i can waste my time with things that are more fun... :mad:
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [QUOTE

STO is the only application that has such a massive lag, it's becoming unplayable.

Just tried to do some single player patrol missions, but even that is simply not playable anymore.
    Hopefully the devs find soon a sollution for this, i can waste my time with things that are more fun... :mad:[/QUOTE]

Agreed, STO is the only game i have also that has such unplayable lag.

And I play DayZ......................

For one....

Thats it for me, until they fix this mess they have created, im out.

There is no excuse for it there really isnt, money grabbing cheapskates with their server's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not sure what was done, but the last two days I've been able to play with practically no lag. This is the first time in weeks. Thankyou, whoever it was <3:)

Stand corrected, ever since last night I've been constantly booted by the server every 2-3 minutes without fail. Irritated doesnt even begin to cover it.

Seriously... What is wrong with the infrastructure for this game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
    edited May 2015
    Again, tried to play this three times. In all instances major lag. One time it froze so badly during combat the game crashed.

This is serious Cryptic. Like... Not a minor bug that you can overlook, but completely game breaking. What the hell are you doing that's of such high importance that this still hasn't been fixed yet?! This has been getting progressively worse since delta rising, for crying out loud.

Yes, I am well aware its not affecting everyone, but that should not matter. A good proportion of us are being affected by this that renders your entire product useless. You're quick enough to accept payment for zen from us though? So don't skimp on servers that are capable of bearing the load. I mean Christ on a crutch, Cryptic. You're supposed to be a professional company with over FIVE years of MMO experience. You think the folks over at Eve Online would let this issue progress for weeks? Guild Wars? World of ********?

Seriously. Get it together before a few of us decide not to return.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
  • karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Again, tried to play this three times. In all instances major lag. One time it froze so badly during combat the game crashed.

This is serious Cryptic. Like... Not a minor bug that you can overlook, but completely game breaking. What the hell are you doing that's of such high importance that this still hasn't been fixed yet?! This has been getting progressively worse since delta rising, for crying out loud.

Yes, I am well aware its not affecting everyone, but that should not matter. A good proportion of us are being affected by this that renders your entire product useless. You're quick enough to accept payment for zen from us though? So don't skimp on servers that are capable of bearing the load. I mean Christ on a crutch, Cryptic. You're supposed to be a professional company with over FIVE years of MMO experience. You think the folks over at Eve Online would let this issue progress for weeks? Guild Wars? World of ********?

There are so many broken things, that they can barely fix anything. On the dps channels there are constant complains of major lag in a lot of PVE events. I too suffer from them. It is obvious that the dev team is more ignorant than ever.
    edited May 2015

Although i wouldn't say it that way, i must fully agree.

It's not only a Login issue, the game virutally becomes unplayable at certain times.

Lol, i just got something new:

"Login2timeout"

Seriousloy devs this has to stop, it's not even funny anymore.
    Instead of migrating the forums and introduce patches and changes no one wants or needs, make the game playable again!
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • sirnobodysirnobody Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so after 10 days of really enjoying the game i hit this wall:

- these login issues + 100% sure to crash in the Deferi Dilithium mine during "out in the cold" episode (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1441851)

it is now 4hrs that i cannot progress, or even play -.-
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    After thinking the problem was worked out, I am yet again pushed out of the game and cannot get back in. After I see the words "Star Trek online the Iconian War" it crashes and then it's back to start. There is no curse word in Klingon or Romulan for this level of incompetence
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alright. I'm going to try an experiment. I'm getting my hands into this more and experimenting with checking networking from our end.

I need a volunteer, essentially - someone who has been having issues logging in!

Try to log in. If you are not able to get to character, please describe at what time you attempted to log in (for me to look it up), at what point did it fail (such as character select, map loading, or mainscreen with the login2timeout), and what your @handle is (again, for me to look it up).

EDIT /// Also, because I'm suspicious about something

If you can, traceroute results for the following URLs and your public IP.

launcher.startrekonline.com
    patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    accounts.crypticstudios.com
    controllertracker.crypticstudios.com
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't have login issues apart from the launcher screen sometimes taking ages to fully load up until I can press the engage button. Sometimes itz there in a milisecond and mostly in the evening (GMT+2 / 7-10pm) I can see it getting slower and stuttering. Next time this happens I'll trace those adresses. I'm from Germany and all my fleetmates do have similar experiences on different providers. Changing proxy settings makes no difference. I hope this helps.

The ingame lag still persists but is beeing worked on I guess (got a bit better since last thursday for me).

If I can help in any other way with more information I'll gladly do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    hatchetl4d wrote: »
    I don't have login issues apart from the launcher screen sometimes taking ages to fully load up until I can press the engage button. Sometimes itz there in a milisecond and mostly in the evening (GMT+2 / 7-10pm) I can see it getting slower and stuttering. Next time this happens I'll trace those adresses. I'm from Germany and all my fleetmates do have similar experiences on different providers. Changing proxy settings makes no difference. I hope this helps.
    Same here exept that in game it's much worse. Around 16:00-22:00 hrs GMT (i hope i got that right) STO becomes virtually unplayable. but even in other daytimes the games response time has become very laggy, especially when doing ground combat which is already totally chaotic, but 1-2 seconds of lag are absolutely game breaking imo.
    The funny thing about it is, that other Online games don't have that problem.

Its only STO.

A tale of two Picards
    edited May 2015
    Is there any progress report on the major lag in game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Alright. I'm going to try an experiment. I'm getting my hands into this more and experimenting with checking networking from our end.

I need a volunteer, essentially - someone who has been having issues logging in!

Try to log in. If you are not able to get to character, please describe at what time you attempted to log in (for me to look it up), at what point did it fail (such as character select, map loading, or mainscreen with the login2timeout), and what your @handle is (again, for me to look it up).

EDIT /// Also, because I'm suspicious about something

If you can, traceroute results for the following URLs and your public IP.

launcher.startrekonline.com
    patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    accounts.crypticstudios.com
    controllertracker.crypticstudios.com

T, Although I am not having the Login issues, (Exception if I try and switch toons, to fast, I'tll boot me)

I am still getting Rubber-banding, and here are the results of all 4 Tests. :)

http://pastebin.com/0PaB34R2
  • earthwindblazeearthwindblaze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I login usually after work today most recent attempt at 12:20 am or later . I have an open ticket with the help desk. I have filed all of my trace routes with the help desk, help desk ticket 150425-001410

I have also given them all the error logs too. This login issue is with BOTH Star Trek Online AND Neverwinter, both cryptic studios games. I just can't get in. I see the loading screens and just when the character's were about to popup so I can select one, I get the disconnect.

I have no clue why these two games with the most recent major updates can no longer work for me. It's insane. I just wanted to lend my testimony. It's not just a few people on this board, it's more than whoever is posting that can't get online. I've missed ALL of the events for the new content in both games! It's extremely sad and aggravating.

I can get to my other MMO games just fine, Guild Wars, Archeage, Elderscrolls Online. All of t hose work perfectly fine! So I am pretty sure it's not my computer that suddenly decided to not be compatible with cryptic studio games any longer.
  • newplayercoopernewplayercooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The procedure entry point InterlockedCompareExchange64 cound not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

i keep geting this up but my last night it was working fine plz help
  • tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can launch the game without arc for now, it worked for me (XP) :

( http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1454271 )
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hei Trendy, any news from the engineers/programmers about the lag problem? An update, something? :)
    edited May 2015
    I login usually after work today most recent attempt at 12:20 am or later . I have an open ticket with the help desk. I have filed all of my trace routes with the help desk, help desk ticket 150425-001410

I have also given them all the error logs too. This login issue is with BOTH Star Trek Online AND Neverwinter, both cryptic studios games. I just can't get in. I see the loading screens and just when the character's were about to popup so I can select one, I get the disconnect.

I have no clue why these two games with the most recent major updates can no longer work for me. It's insane. I just wanted to lend my testimony. It's not just a few people on this board, it's more than whoever is posting that can't get online. I've missed ALL of the events for the new content in both games! It's extremely sad and aggravating.

I can get to my other MMO games just fine, Guild Wars, Archeage, Elderscrolls Online. All of t hose work perfectly fine! So I am pretty sure it's not my computer that suddenly decided to not be compatible with cryptic studio games any longer.
    Can you clarify for me what timezone you are referring to with 12:20? Also I'm going to poke my CS team and get those trace routes so that I can send that off to my networking team.
    edited May 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    Hei Trendy, any news from the engineers/programmers about the lag problem? An update, something? :)
    They're currently playing with fixes and going through internal testing. It'll probably hit Tribble at some point for live analysis. ETA unknown still though.
    edited May 2015
    They're currently playing with fixes and going through internal testing. It'll probably hit Tribble at some point for live analysis. ETA unknown still though.

I really appreciate the updates, Trendy. There's nothing worse than having our frustrations vented to be greeted by silence. So, thank you for taking the time to answer.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited May 2015

Trendy, is this for the Login issues or the issues for the lag caused by the issues described in this post? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23621141&postcount=552
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
    edited May 2015
    saross wrote: »
    Trendy, is this for the Login issues or the issues for the lag caused by the issues described in this post? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23621141&postcount=552
    That was in reference to lag.