Install Arc
Options

Planet of the Cats

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Especially those fancy high rise ones with the platforms at different levels for playing cat-chess...

Yeah that works....

Queen to Queen..WTF!!! you didn't move....

Cat Chess the only game that sunlight determines the moves.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maina wrote: »
    Yeah that works....

Queen to Queen..WTF!!! you didn't move....

Cat Chess the only game that sunlight determines the moves.

And the only form of chess in the kn own universe where you can win on Style-Points...
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If they ever do add Cait or Ferasa, I hope it's got a very beautiful landscape that reminds you of a rainforest, savannah, etc. It would be cool.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    If they ever do add Cait or Ferasa, I hope it's got a very beautiful landscape that reminds you of a rainforest, savannah, etc. It would be cool.

Just as long as the rainforest doesn't have big tree-house platforms, the constant ewok based abuse form the Canine Offense League would become almost unbearable...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Just as long as the rainforest doesn't have big tree-house platforms, the constant ewok based abuse form the Canine Offense League would become almost unbearable...

I think they would have more modern architecture. Not treehouses.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No Cait homeworld ? Well, it has good company... there is no Gornar, no Tholia er even no Ferenginar on the sector Big Map... maybe it will be implemented with time... or maybe not. There is space to add some meat here for us foundry authors though...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    No Cait homeworld ? Well, it has good company... there is no Gornar, no Tholia er even no Ferenginar on the sector Big Map... maybe it will be implemented with time... or maybe not. There is space to add some meat here for us foundry authors though...
    Most definitely.
  • Options
    quistraquistra Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't believe this thread keeps getting bumped.

You guys have dozens of Foundry doors on the existing map. Maybe more than a hundred. Is there really enough of a shortage that we have to move Planet Nyancat 80 light-years from where it should be?

Just add a scratching post next to R'raak at Spacedock and call it a day.
    The artist formerly known as PlanetofHats.
    Actual join date: Open beta, 2009ish.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

I always considered it weird that basically all aliens in Star Trek originate from uniform planets and sport race identities. Of course from a stageplay perspective it makes sense, Star Trek was in the end about morality plays and the aliens all are basically just metaphors.

But from an actual sci-fi standpoint I find it odd that there aren't more diverse homeworlds portrayed in canon. Looking at the caitians and their supposed heterogenity in appearances their homeworld should actually sport multiple types of landscapes, climate zones and so on.

Knowing the typical approach to such things, though, if they would come (which is improbably as both Cait and Kzinti/Ferasa aren't supposed to be on STOs map as far as I know) Caitians would get a "good" nature affine world with noble, oriental palace building and such and Ferasans get a dystopian, dark, evil cyberpunk hiveworld :P
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also Ferasans =/= Kzinti. Caitians are Kinti who left the homeworld ages ago, and developed a more peaceful/equality based civilization on Cait, Ferasans are Caitians who were genetically modified.

Caitians are an offshoot of Kzinti, and Ferasans are an offshoot of Caitians, making the Ferasans an offshoot of an offshoot in relation to the Kzinti.

I'd like to have a source for that please.
  • Options
    helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes there is, it was added onto the map in season 10

True... well, minus one then. I must admit I am quite curious to see what they did with it. A patrol mission ? They could do even a mini-plot calling back Armin Shimerman, who knows...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Its that whole long doff chain.

Cyptic can't use the Kzinti themselves, due to them belonging to another universe, so they made up the not-Kzinti in the Ferasans.

Yes, the part about the Ferasans is there. And what about the Kzinti?
    If Cryptic can't use them where does the part about the Caitians being Kzinti that left their homeworld come from?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Larry Niven, the guy who made up both species for The Animated Series, and Shane Johnson, who wrote "The Worlds of the Federation" book.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Caitian
    The name of the species comes from a biography of Lt. M'Ress published by Lincoln Enterprises in 1974, which claims that the Caitians are related to the Kzinti. This is corroborated by extensive commentary by Larry Niven, author of most Known Space books, primarily found in his short story books "N-Space," "Playgrounds of the Mind" and "The Patchwork Man."

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kzinti
    According to The Worlds of the Federation by Shane Johnson, the Caitian homeworld is believed to be an ancient Kzinti colony. Caitians are however peaceful in nature contrary to their cousins. These data points reflect the information first published in M'Ress' biography by Lincoln Enterprises.

Thanks. Moar stuff to read.:D
    Sorry, but over the past 5 years I've seen so much BS posted on these forums I tend to err on the side of "source please!". I hope you don't mind.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I always considered it weird that basically all aliens in Star Trek originate from uniform planets and sport race identities. Of course from a stageplay perspective it makes sense, Star Trek was in the end about morality plays and the aliens all are basically just metaphors.

But from an actual sci-fi standpoint I find it odd that there aren't more diverse homeworlds portrayed in canon. Looking at the caitians and their supposed heterogenity in appearances their homeworld should actually sport multiple types of landscapes, climate zones and so on.

Knowing the typical approach to such things, though, if they would come (which is improbably as both Cait and Kzinti/Ferasa aren't supposed to be on STOs map as far as I know) Caitians would get a "good" nature affine world with noble, oriental palace building and such and Ferasans get a dystopian, dark, evil cyberpunk hiveworld :P

Obviously there will be multiple climates. I just want a capital city in a savannah so I can pretend I am in Africa lol.

And no, just no to cyberpunk.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If the Internet was an TRIBBLE, it would turn people into cats.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    If the Internet was an TRIBBLE, it would turn people into cats.

Bridge to Medbay... Commence retro-viral DNA re-sequencing immediately...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In the event Cait or Ferasa ever did get added for content purposes, they could try this idea in this thread. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1443381

It has other ideas for interspecies conflicts too.