test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Rebirth

Comments

• jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    I would love to see the original state of this game when it launched.

That being said, I think it's an April fools joke.

the joke was that it was going to replace holodeck. the redshirt server actually being Launch Day, thats real

EDIT Ninja'd!
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    By God and the Great Bird of the Galaxy the old Intrepid was ugly.

I find it equally fascinating that they have the original build still laying around.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    By God and the Great Bird of the Galaxy the old Intrepid was ugly.

I find it equally fascinating that they have the original build still laying around.

anyone who has the disc has the original build
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• alzitaalzita Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anyone who has the disc has the original build

I don't know if everyone could install it and copy it though, there may be some differences in it, especially since I bought mine in Australia
    In-game: @gkar_falcon

Game on! See you online

Falc
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    alzita wrote: »
    there may be some differences in it, especially since I bought mine in Australia

Just turn your monitor upside down.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited April 2015
    anyone got screenies yet?? I want to see :D
  • alzitaalzita Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Patching for two hours... 20% downloaded... Hooray for Australian internet speeds :mad:
    At this rate I'm not going to get to show my better half how STO has changed since release and when she has started playing :(
    In-game: @gkar_falcon

Game on! See you online

Falc
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well played, Cryptic... Well played.
  • kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    enoemg wrote: »
    Well played, Cryptic... Well played.

IT WORKS! ... but then I accidentally logged out and closed it and have to redownload the whole thing.

BUT IT WORKS! Old tutorial and everything! Even though I started the week LOR dropped I'm having a BLAST reliving my main character's tutorial and starting missions
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • kaorudraculakaorudracula Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I.. Do hope this is a April Fools Joke.
  • tplontplon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I finally got it to the point where I can log in but it won't accept my user name and password. Any suggestions? I tried my current username/password and my original Cryptic username/password. It still won't let me log in.
    Capt. T'Plon Makh-zhuksu
    Commanding Officer, USS Vre'kasht NCC-33187
    A chapter of STARFLEET, The International Star Trek Fan Association, Inc.
  • nachobizniznachobizniz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OMG it took me a bit to realize this was April Fools. LOL
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Always check the date.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another 10GB download to play a very old version of the same game I'm playing now.

lemme think......

nope.
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here's my counter-joke to the devs:

You're all going to be unemployed when this rotting behemoth finally sinks and time working on STO will be a stain on your CV.

Because jokes are funny like that.
  • neodac1neodac1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This was a great joke and an even greater experience being able to play the old version of the game on redshirt... eventually. unfortunately having never tried before redshirt was invisible to me and i had to jump through several hoops including looking up an old non ARC launcher because arc refused to acknowledge it existed.. or tribble for that matter although apparently i could have launched the test server for neverwinter just fine... >.> despite the fact I've never played that at all..

its amazing how much things have changed and i hope they keep this up a while... and fix what are obviously some glaring server detection errors in the patcher system now that I've got redshirt installed through the secondary launcher arc is showing it and tribble (might be they have patched the code while i wasn't looking i was... occupied) but how many people who might have enjoyed this event have so far missed out because of the fact redshirt is hiding from them? (posting a short tutorial on getting the server options to come up again might be good too since its off by default in ARC meaning most of the players don't even get the option to switch and may not know how to bring it up took me a few minutes to find)

again i hope you keep this up for a while i for one would like to see it become "a thing" though you probably cant afford a server to run the older version all the time
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just got off, and man, did I ever forget how clunky the controls were before. Was a great experience playing around with the first build, hope it sticks around for a while, I'd love to get to level six and try out PvP. Shoutout to whoever that was that I was doing patrols with, them pesky Orions. Pity the chat doesn't work.
  • phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tplon wrote: »
    I finally got it to the point where I can log in but it won't accept my user name and password. Any suggestions? I tried my current username/password and my original Cryptic username/password. It still won't let me log in.

Are you getting "connection to the account server timed out"? because that's what I'm getting.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Patching Redshirt for the first time since... gosh, I can't even remember!

I mean. I love STO as it is now. I don't miss the old days for the most part. And I know that this Rebirth thing is "just a joke". Nevertheless, I really super hope that (1) this stays up, (2) it gets updated to include pre-order items, the old STFs and hopefully also the KDF exploration clusters, and (3) lots of people play PvP on it, because PvP was actually good back in the day.
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    This is going to fit nicely in the Time Travel theme I see coming...

little unrelated but I want your avatar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • njsjedinjsjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    oh my what a wonderful idea, please keep this on, and add the the old STF's
    :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
    twitter us at sccfleet.
  • vonednavonedna Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Like i said on redshirt ...there should be a way to spend money in it so the support for it to be visible.
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like how the first 30 or so pages were all angry ravings at cryptic for this 'joke' when it was actually real.

Nobody came back and apologized for their lack of fact checking and casual insults thrown at the devs either.

terrible forum community
    edited April 2015
    what the heck is it true they will remove this today?

why?Some people got no time to install it.:(
  • jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't played since the anniversary event ended, and I haven't posted in much longer than that, but I had to come back and try this. It brought back memories of all those times I played through the tutorial because I knew I couldn't afford to actually subscribe to the game. And it was really fun to get to play an exploration mission again. Yes, I know, they come out sloppy, but that doesn't change the fact that they're fun. I really hope it's up long enough for me to hit level 10.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't played since the anniversary event ended, and I haven't posted in much longer than that, but I had to come back and try this. It brought back memories of all those times I played through the tutorial because I knew I couldn't afford to actually subscribe to the game. And it was really fun to get to play an exploration mission again. Yes, I know, they come out sloppy, but that doesn't change the fact that they're fun. I really hope it's up long enough for me to hit level 10.

I had to hit the hay before being able to figure out the download, hopefully it will still be around later so can get a pewpew down memory lane, but if not, its still fun knowing they actually did it. cool beans im patching now, it is slow, but steady.
    "was very cool, to april fool an april fool..."

well done Cryptic, and on top of an already very busy schedule too *removes beanie and claps hands!*
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    I like how the first 30 or so pages were all angry ravings at cryptic for this 'joke' when it was actually real.

Nobody came back and apologized for their lack of fact checking and casual insults thrown at the devs either.

terrible forum community

unfortunately, there does often seem to be players who keep themselves busy, looking for any reason to hog tie and roast the devs. there will always be players, or ex players, who automatically see the negative or think the worst in any given situation. this attitude isn't just endemic of many players in games forums, it is endemic of many payers in life. but, the reverse is also true, i think there are many who would rather try and see the positive in all things, and just deal with the negative whenever they turn up lol
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
    edited April 2015
    Finally! The devs have done the right thing and restored balance to the game. I can finally enjoy balanced PvP as it was meant to be.

call it first pvp update.They could rename the shard as PvP shard and finally separate those two.I want this game.
This discussion has been closed.