test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don’t raise the refined dilithium cap…

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Just get rid of the unrefined dilithium altogether. Seriously – I get 50,000 UNREFINED dilithium and can only refine 8k a day? Essentially you’re punishing me for accepting this reward with a WEEK of unusable dilithium. Why not just award REFINED, useable dilithium from the start?

I can see the logic in collecting unrefined dilithium form mining nodes and having to then refine it. That makes sense. But as a reward?

Can you imagine if you finished first in a race and they gave you a wooden block, a bar of bronze or silver and said “Here’s your trophy… some assembly required.”

Just.. please… common sense here, folks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    prierin wrote: »

Like stop telling Cryptic how easy it is to get Dilithium? ;)
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if this would happen, the dili would be worth no zen at all anymore, cause market is flooded with dilithium, rendering it useless for dili/zen conversion.

this would drive of 90% of the playerbase that currently sub-stitute their zen purchases of ships by roughly 2/3rds of the zen prize.

if you are talking about dili in its role for upgrades and purchases: please demand lower prices.

if you just cant get enough of it, just play alts.

the refining limit is basically intentional, so that you just cannot progress in a faster pace and/or sell to much of your gametime to others.

and its there for price stability and its working quite good on that. (dili prieses currently rise only when sth new is offered in store or as dili-drainer in game, or when significant raise of playerbase is happening)

so nope: i just hope they never rise the limits, otherwise i would be enchained to this game.

rasing refining limits on an acc level based on alts/acc would be a solution. you you need alts for raising the cap, but you would be free with what char you want to play.

getting just rid of the limitation would just destroy the whole market system for 90% of the playerbase.

this would certainly ease some problems like server weight, but you would basically be alone in this game ;-)
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Stuff.

Didn't you quit, a couple weeks ago?
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How's about, maybe taking some time off from gathering so much of it and, actually give yourself the necessary time to refine it huh?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Check out Neverwinter's shard/zen rate. It's ridiculous because they have a higher cap. It makes it all but impossible to get items from the c-store except for full time farmers.

I don't think you've thought this through as much as you think you have.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Sigh.. not this again. You talk about common sense, yet you're ignoring basic economics that tell you why there is a refinement requirement / why it would be nonsense to raise the cap.

Basic economics that has been explained by many people on the forum, many times. Since you've made over a thousand posts, I assume you're familiar with those explanations, otherwise I'd recommend you search for them.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Didn't you quit, a couple weeks ago?

funny how certain ones like this just keep coming back for more after their irrational ive had it and im not coming back threads, oh and hes also the one who had the thread how to get from 50 to 60 easily, this is not an exploit thread concerning the tau dewa exploits...
    patience is a virtue and if you cant simply bide your time and wait 7 whole days for your 50,000 dilith to refine then its your own bad luck fool...
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Personally, I think it should be lowered to 6000.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    funny how certain ones like this just keep coming back for more after their irrational ive had it and im not coming back threads, oh and hes also the one who had the thread how to get from 50 to 60 easily, this is not an exploit thread concerning the tau dewa exploits...
    patience is a virtue and if you cant simply bide your time and wait 7 whole days for your 50,000 dilith to refine then its your own bad luck fool...

O! the persecution!

I never said I was quitting. I said I was taking a step back, which I did and still am. I log on very infreqently but still enjoy teh game and try to play new episodes and participate in new events. Why the hate?

Also - I never said I was having an issue with obstaining dilithium - I just don't really see hte point of being awarded UNrefined dilithium from events, completing reputation tiers, etc. Mined dil, as I said, should remain unrefined as that makes sense.

What I'm reading here is that people LIKE the caps merely because they can profit from them. Which is fine - I'm all for that. I just think the current system is bent...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How about no. Your suggestion will only hurt you, the grinder. I would like to see another massive dilithium sink. Please devs, I would like to get whatever new shiny you put out, but I want to buy it around 150 dil/zen.

Raising the cap or awarding refined dil with no bottleneck will destroy the F2P nature of this game.
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just get rid of the unrefined dilithium altogether. Seriously – I get 50,000 UNREFINED dilithium and can only refine 8k a day? Essentially you’re punishing me for accepting this reward with a WEEK of unusable dilithium. Why not just award REFINED, useable dilithium from the start?

I can see the logic in collecting unrefined dilithium form mining nodes and having to then refine it. That makes sense. But as a reward?

Can you imagine if you finished first in a race and they gave you a wooden block, a bar of bronze or silver and said “Here’s your trophy… some assembly required.”

It's funny how you don't realize that limit on Dilithium is what is keeping this game online. If they took off that limit the game would be shutdown because they won't make any money at all.

Are you so freaking greedy that you don't realize how bad that limit is needed to the companies?
    GTFO!
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Big-fat NOOOOOOO to op!
    U want more dill fast -> buy zen and convert it to dill...

P/S. And i think it must be - 8k per account
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I have to admit - it's interesting to see the comments regarding the cap.

Let me refocus for a moment, however... again, I am suggesting we are awarded, for events, STFS and reputation completions only refined dilithium. Dilithium gained through farming (mining) would still be unrefined, logically, and still subject to the cap.

Seing as

A: events and T5 reputatiomn completions are a 1-off and;
    B: the dil reward from STFs is rather small, considering,

I don't see as this would significantly destroy the current economy in-game.

If I am wrong, and someone can convince me of that, I'll happily redact my suggestion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    heyyy, another thread on the dil cap. Maybe it should be added to FCT. Or should be covered on Fox news, because any point being brought up is never balanced and fair!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I do believe that 8,000 per character is too low, but not by much. I think that 12,000 refining limit for free players with active (only) subscribers getting unlimited refining would work just fine.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gamer940 wrote: »
    I do believe that 8,000 per character is too low, but not by much. I think that 12,000 refining limit for free players with active (only) subscribers getting unlimited refining would work just fine.

P2W is ok when the players ask for it :P
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    heyyy, another thread on the dil cap. Maybe it should be added to FCT.

Also wish for this so the same poorly thought out suggestions stop getting repeated ad nauseum. Even the provided explanations somehow go unheard.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I say no to both raising the refine cap AND to your suggestion of rewarding queue farming by giving REFINED dilithium (which is just the same thing really - it gives no benefit to the game in general - only further forcing players to concentrate on a single game mechanic - STFs - to gain dilithium.

A better idea for the game would be to do what they have already done in CO - in their lockboxes for the past year at least now, they have a crate of questionite as one of the rewards. This crate is tradable and has between 25000 and 50000 refined questionite in it. This has a benefit to the game over simply giving away refined questionite in that you need to use a key to open the lockbox. This would perhaps further incentivise people to purchase keys (either real world funds or via dilithium exchange) and so continue to monetise the game. It also opens up a new tradable item - you need extra dilithium - simply pop into the exchange and pick up some crates.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    because any point being brought up is never balanced and fair!
    I guess you meant MSNBC then. Or CNN. Or PBS. Or...
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I guess you meant MSNBC then. Or CNN. Or PBS. Or...

I was using it as an example, but I didn't get my point across, let me try again:

Seeing this topic of discussion is like watching the Adam Sandler movie, "Waterboy", it is funny the first time, but just sad after that.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The sad thing here is that the OP is serious. I wouldn't worry though. There's no reason to raise the cap right now. Despite the complaining from a certain small number of clueless people.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How about an alternative....

Okay, get rid of dilithium ore altogether and reward refined dilithium crystals as the OP has stated. But with the following caveats...

1. Only 8,000 refined dilithium crystals can be earned in a fixed 24 hour period. For example, 6:00am PST to 5:59am PST and the regional equivalent for the rest of the world.

2. Any refined dilithium crystals rewarded in excess of 8,000 will simply vanish from existence. For example, assume you play 11 advanced STFs in 24 hours. In the current state of the game you would earn 8,140 dilithium ore. In the new system you will receive 8,000 refined dilithium; the remaining 140 dilithium is simply not rewarded and disappears from existence.

3. Players with stockpiles of dilithium ore can still refine them into dilithium crystals; up to 8,000k per day.

4. Refining dilithium ore counts towards the daily 8,000 dilithium crystal limit.

This ensures no one can earn more than 8,000 dilithium crystals per day. However, it also prevents people from building up a stockpile of dilithium ore to be refined in the future since no new dilithium ore will be rewarded.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    So the concern, just to get my head around this, is that should dilithium become more available (refined, that is) it will cause the in-game economy to crash because of the dilithium-zen exchange, correct? i.e. the ability to “purchase” zen without contributing real $ would be significantly negatively impacted. If that’s the case I can see the concern.

If not…?

As a side note, it doesn’t really matter if a similar thread has been discussed before. There’s no need to attempt to attach on a personal level. If you don’t want to engage in the debate or discussion then simply refrain from reading/posting. It’s really that simple.

I say this because I can guarantee this topic will arise again, as will many more that have already been discussed as new and existing player alike wish to share their particular thoughts on the forum. That is, after all, what the forums are for.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Unless you make more than 8k raw dilithium per day, I don't see the problem. If you do make more than 8k per day, why not do something you enjoy more than farming? If you enjoy the farming, you're already having fun anyway.

I kind of like knowing that the game isn't balanced around needing to refine more than 8k per day per character anyway.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is ok to change the game in a major way for a few top players when YOU want the changes.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I say give the op what he wants. Hell I'm sitting on well into 6 zeros worth of dilithium. Let me refine it all at once. And everyone else as well. Then watch what happens to the dil exchange. And sit back with some popcorn and watch the forums explode in rage when the exchange sky rockets well beyond the 380 limit I've seen it hit before now.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2015

ASO grasshoppa, i refine, WHEN I WANT TO, 180k dilithium a day. You sir, need to change your perspective.

I know a guy, logs in, in the morning, am hour or so, cycles his toons, and at the end of the week he has close too, if not a million REFINED dilithium.

To get rid of unrefined dilithium would never be listened too, simply because that is what the games economy is centered around. Dilithium, and that 8k PER TOON, amount of refined dilithium.

If you want to transfer it, to another toon, just use the dilithium exchange, leave it in the withdrawl window, switch toons, and take it out :D

Hint, USE THE LOWEST NUMBER IT WILL GO, no one will ever sell thier zen for 25 dilithium PER!
  • Options
    tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Also wish for this so the same poorly thought out suggestions stop getting repeated ad nauseum. Even the provided explanations somehow go unheard.

You seem as if, maybe you get nauseated from reading the forums? ME TOO! lets go kill berg! :P