Install Arc
Options

A Change In Command

Comments

• Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hisyr wrote: »
    I would be furious if he spends any time on PvP, since I have absolutely no interest in that. In fact, I think the game would be better off doing away with PvP altogether!

Sector space, on the other hand, is something everybody uses. Cheers to the new guy!

hope one of the useless GMs will ban you for flaming and trolling.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    coblivionc wrote: »
    Sector walls coming down... Excuse me, I need to go run in circles on the ceiling screaming with joy.

*leaves*

Don't get overly excited. I had a similar reaction when I saw the announcement about Delta Rising, but needless to say that has completely gone now. They'll no doubt find a way to make this bad too. Maybe a time gate on how often you can switch sector blocks unless you pay a dilithium fee? j/k
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RE: Delta Rising

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a franchise is insignificant next to the power of Michael Bay.

;)
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome aboard to the new guy. I hope you like torches and pitchforks, because they're out in force. But never fear, I have a suggestion for how you can quickly win goodwill from the players and solidly establish your credibility.

Demote Geko to janitor or else fire him outright. The man has made himself very widely disliked.
  • Options
    markandrews1977markandrews1977 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    given you've already nerfed the dilithium weekend reputation rewards, with rewarding only 500 dil for turning in marks and 1000 for turning in the reputation items instead of 750 and 1500 that the players have been used to and saving up for, your off to a very bad start....
    Commanding Officer
    Greywolf Taskforce
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can actually see this new "Boss" /facepalming. What with the patch today TRIBBLE up the omega project turnins. Can only do 1 now. Intentional? If so get rid of the slider, if not?... hey boss-man. Get some new talent in the dev department!
    A lot of things to gripe about but this is the latest...

Is anyone truly surprised?? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tantho wrote: »
    Is anyone truly surprised?? :D

No... I've only been back on the game a couple months and I'm no longer surprised by the ineptitude. Cryptic has a long track record of making bad decisions.
  • Options
    markandrews1977markandrews1977 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    given you've already nerfed the dilithium weekend reputation rewards, with rewarding only 500 dil for turning in marks and 1000 for turning in the reputation items instead of 750 and 1500 that the players have been used to and saving up for, your off to a very bad start....

As an update to this, I will add that he has rapidly responded to the uproar over the dil weekend and it has been extended into a dil week. Hopefully this level of communication will continue, so you have started an upward trend
    First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Star Trek Online team for the incorrect information posted in the Dilithium Weekend blog and the confusion that followed. Even though the in-game calendar text for the event is correct, we should have made doubly sure that the text in the blog was also correct. We have indeed adjusted the Dilithium Weekend. Unfortunately, the blog did not have the updated event information. I’m going to take it a moment to fully explain these changes and hopefully help everyone understand why these changes were made.

Our goal for the Dilithium Weekend is to provide the community of Star Trek Online with the opportunity to earn Dilithium at a significantly increased rate on any Dilithium earned through play for the duration of the weekend. As the event had been run over the last couple of years, we noticed a trend that fell out of line with the goal of players getting bonus Dilithium on anything they’ve earned through play over that weekend. While the earn rates for Dilithium remained fairly constant for any type of content that provided it as a reward, the earn rate for Dilithium that was collected using the mark conversion projects during the event skyrocketed. When we allowed mark conversion projects to gain a bonus during the Dilithium event, the vast majority of people were only using mark conversion projects during the event. By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year. We are committed to making sure that Dilithium is more available in game, and to that end we are currently working to introduce Dilithium rewards to episode and patrol play by the end of this month.

With that being said, it is understandably frustrating to expect one sort of bonus only to receive another. In order to make up for this error in communication, I will be converting the Dilithium Weekend we are running this weekend into a Dilithium Week. Everyone that logs into Star Trek Online can now earn Dilithium at an improved rate from the time you read this post through February 12th 2015 at 10 a.m. Again, I apologize for the lack of proper information in the blog and I look forward to seeing you in game and earning bonus Dilithium for an entire week.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer
    Commanding Officer
    Greywolf Taskforce
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't get overly excited. I had a similar reaction when I saw the announcement about Delta Rising, but needless to say that has completely gone now. They'll no doubt find a way to make this bad too. Maybe a time gate on how often you can switch sector blocks unless you pay a dilithium fee? j/k

Huh, as things are going they will not have a timer and always take a dilithium fee. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    alcestis wrote: »
    Is there any possibility of fixing any of the myriad of bugs and crashes. Because of right now, I am regreting subscribing, and after aprox 3 weeks I already can bearly stand to play the game.

New player

Yeah, I hear ya...... must have crashed about 80 times since anniversary went live.

Though I must say it is the extra mile of grinding they have added with new crafting/upgrading system that really broke my love of the game.:rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    spookpwa wrote: »
    Huh, as things are going they will not have a timer and always take a dilithium fee. :P

LoL no doubt. We probably shouldn't give them ideas, I bet some dev reading this thread is like "OMG, we hadn't thought of this! But we're going to use it!".
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    LoL no doubt. We probably shouldn't give them ideas, I bet some dev reading this thread is like "OMG, we hadn't thought of this! But we're going to use it!".

ROFL! :D

OK, I will keep any such ideas to myself hence forth. ;)
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Come on every one, calm down, the new dictator ahem I mean lead ahem I mean corporate puppet stepped in and squashed our limited in game income, will nerf exp again and continue the brave march toward pay for every second of play.. or maybe will prove me wrong.. NOPE more costs for all things to come, less playability and enjoyment for all!!!
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    Welcome aboard to the new guy. I hope you like torches and pitchforks, because they're out in force. But never fear, I have a suggestion for how you can quickly win goodwill from the players and solidly establish your credibility.

Demote Geko to janitor or else fire him outright. The man has made himself very widely disliked.

ROFLOL

I would send him a fruit basket ! with a box of chocolates!
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sector space walls coming down?

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd bet money you get like one done and then ...SQUIRREL... we'll be getting a new Boff system that will remove the need to train Boffs ever....

Hope you prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do you think he knows that this line of text
    the same veteran team that brought you Delta Rising is here to execute those plans.
    scares us a lot.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    masterdalekmasterdalek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    HOLY #$&%!!! Sector Walls Coming down? What madness is this?
    Man, STO is going to be even more awesome once season 10 comes out. Can't wait!
    Just hope it won't break the game like some events that I know <cough>EVERYONE<cough>.
  • Options
    ednaftwednaftw Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Considering that on D'angelo era the game turned into total p2w even selling traits tied to ships and looking at what is the current path of development (UI ,nerf and fix on broken stuffs ,devs talking about balance...heck even devs talking is a amazing and good change ) I can only say that I like the leader there .Coming from a pvp player who spent alot of money and especially time and quit playing the game when DR was realeased this means alot .Hope people will get back and we will have a great game in the future.
  • Options
    cedricophoffcedricophoff Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ive been waiting for "one galaxy to rule them all" no walled sector space for years now.... This game has suffered from to many loading screens since launch. I tried to convince friends to play the game but after the third loading screen most of them had stopped showing any interest.... so yea....

Fixing PvP is impossible with all the consoles and stuff added to the game since launch. Im at least happy i got to experience it early on. It was silly but playable.
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Congratulations to both on your promotions, may you continue to reach for the horizon and even farther still may your ships sale true and free.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    elvenaar wrote: »
    My biggest issue w/ the map remodelling is that how are they gonna divide the Sol system up? To my knowledge the border between the Alpha and Beta Quadrants goes straight through the Sol system, so will they cut the Sol system in two and you will be able to cross between the quadrants while in the Sol system or what?
    Also I think it's about high time they implement the other half of the Federation too as right now ALL the three factions yap on about how much danger the Alpha Quadrant is in and it needs protecting, all the while most of the playable regions in-game are in the Beta Quadrant, so how is the Alpha Quadrant our concern then? This idiosyncracy goes back to TNG really, but it would be high time already that someone fixed it. For crying out loud it's soo hilarious when you see the Klingons and Romulans worry about the Alpha Quadrant when ALL of the Romulan Empire/Republic and almost ALL of the Klimgon Empire is in the Beta Quadrant lol. Funny huh?

I would imagine that the Sol System...and I wanna add that I hope that we will be getting a more fleshed out Sol System where we can get to see the other planets, but in any event, I think the Sol System will simply have two warp out button options, Alpha Quadrant and Beta Quadrant. One takes you to the Alpha Centauri, Sirius Beta Quadrant and the Alpha Quadrant button gives you the whatever they designate the Tellar and Terra Nova Sector Blocks on the other side.

I'm thinking that we ARE going to get Tellar, Denobula Triaxa, Terra Nova, and Betazed as now is the perfect time.

Don't forget though that Defera, and the entire Deep Space Nine sphere of influence is all in the Alpha Quadrant. Gamma Orionis and Pelia are also on the Alpha Quadrant side, though I think canonically according to the Star Charts book that Cryptic generally goes by, Cestus and the Mutara Nebula are Beta Quadrant

I've always thought that from a three dimensional perspective, there are Klingon and Romulan territories in the Alpha Quadrant. Just as Federation Space isn't absolutely contiguous, I would imagine they would have a cluster or two on the Alpha Quadrant side. DS9 did on occasion show a serious lack of understanding of the established geography though.
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Incidentally, I always thought it'd be a neat idea for directed energy weapons to be fitted with various switchable tech mods; for example the Frequency Remodulators could be slotted into weapons when fighting Borg, and some kind of nanoprobe adapter could be slotted when facing Undine.
    I agree with both of you. Better focusing lenses that give longer range, would work nicely on a full auto, but would really enhance a sniper rifle. Frequency remodulators would free up the device slot on a character, BUT would really be useful with the MACO/Omega/Honor Guard set as the integral remodulator built in would free up a mode slot on the weapon itself.

To say nothing of us being able to dismantle gear we get. I vote for a ship's armory where you could build and test your gear like this. (already have one on my ship in my headcanon)
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    it would be very cool if doff missions became more like exploration, where missions are tied to planets, and in order to get the mission you have to go there.
    Agreed. I love the DOFF assignment chains and want more of them. I think there should be corresponding ones with newly entered star systems for exploration. Good rewards for crafting mats.

I want overlap. (I've written this in other threads )I want DOFF assignment chains that open up missions and missions that generate new assignments (like the facility 4028 assignment chain).

I also want the library computer console in my ready room to actual work and give me a bestiary of enemies I've encountered in games both ground and space and bios on characters that I've encountered like Tuvok, Taris, and Sela (an updating one, where it reads differently from when I encounter Sela in the Romulan Mystery arc and the Delta alliance arc). On that bestiary if one of my away teams on an exploration mission from when I enter a system runs into a new lifeform I want that added to the library, and maybe give a bonus on damage or crit if I have to fight it based on that info.
    That being said, add some more core planets like trill and enlarge the sol solar system please.

I'm hoping these are in the works fingers crossed.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With regard to sector space walls coming down, it would be an excellent change and make the galaxy actually feel big instead of these small chunks we have presently. It would also be an excellent time to introduce new areas of unexplored space for the teased exploration revamp. Perhaps when you come close to one of these areas your mini-map starts develops the static effect and forces you into the exploration scenario (whatever form it takes).

One other thing I thought would be cool, instead of having the normal loading screen would there be any way to create a seamless (or the illusion of) transition into systems? Say I want to go to Sol system, instead of getting the loading screen I get that drop to impulse effect like from the Korfez event and emerge in system. Would be great for immersion having an uninterrupted transition from area to area like that instead of constant loading screens.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bjornfried wrote: »
    Did anyone took notice, that they seemed not to take care to put sytsems and nebulas where they belong? Ecample the Mutaranebula, where the reliant fought the enterprise, cant be in the Borg space, Because the enterprise of that era, wasnt able to fly that far, in such short time. And i think that happens to a lot of starsystems that we know from Star trek.
    And we realy need the exploration sectors back! If the nice new , and remade, misions are finished, you have nothing "Star Treki'sh" left to do.

If you're referring to the Gamma Orionis sector block? That is not in Borg space, aka the Delta Quadrant. The Borg have just made a foothold in that portion of space. Gamma O is located south of Eta Eridani by a couple of sector blocks. Yes, getting there with a Constitution Refit is pushing it a bit. But not as far as you might have been thinking.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/sto.gamepedia.com/e/e6/STO_milky_way.png

If you look at the map here, Gamma O and the Pelia Sector are the 5 just below Eta Eridani sitting alone.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did anyone took notice, that they seemed not to take care to put sytsems and nebulas where they belong? Ecample the Mutaranebula, where the reliant fought the enterprise, cant be in the Borg space, Because the enterprise of that era, wasnt able to fly that far, in such short time. And i think that happens to a lot of starsystems that we know from Star trek.

But... The Enterprise-A flew from the Galactic Rim to the Galactic Core in just a few hours!
  • Options
    robertdamonrobertdamon Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And we realy need the exploration sectors back! If the nice new , and remade, misions are finished, you have nothing "Star Treki'sh" left to do.

The Mutara Sector and the Gamma Orionis Block isn't supposed to be in Borg Space 'proper' (which is in the Delta Quadrant), but somewhere 'south' of Klingon space in the Beta Quadrant, albeit further away hence the transwarp gate to get there. It's actually pretty much in the right spot compared to the Star Trek maps of Geoffrey Mandel. Overall Cryptic do a pretty fair job of getting star systems in the right places. Kirk's Enterprise got out to that area fine.

A bigger anomaly for me is why each sector is only ten light years square, rather than twenty. So all the distances are halved (though don't even start with the Delta Quadrant! ;) ).