What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Change In Command

Comments

• Options
    nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So what!? New Command? Who cares? Your incredible team? Yeah, I read the article, I call BS! So many questions about questioning you people's ability to actually participate in the future development of this game. Lack of customer service is disheartening to say the least. Lack of a tech team to fix bugs and glitches is non-existent. Future content is all about the money. You fools don't have the slightest bit of care about your customers, you just sit back and count your money from the even bigger fools that actually spend a dime. There are bugs that have plagued this game since day one, and new ones every time you "patch" the game. The ONLY reason I even play this is because I am a fan of Star Trek, NOT because it's a good game. You morons at Craptic need to get your heads out of your asses, and fix this game... BETTER YET! I beg of you, sell this game to a dev that will actually give a ****, one that will give customers what they want, one that will care about customers.

You know why STO has less than 50k active players? Because you SUCK! F*** you Craptic. There are MILLIONS of Star Trek fans in the world, MILLIONS!!!! and you have 50k... think about it for a minute you F***ing morons. So F*** you and your new sh***Y command.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stephen Ricossa,

Just wanted to let you know that there needs to be some changes, and MAJOR ones at that. I can give you at least 10 things that need attention.

First thing that needs to happen is that the staff needs to listen to the players.
    NO ANDS, IFs, or BUTs, about it. It is the players that pay the company's paychecks. With the rate that STO is going, it will not last another year.

Second, STOP RUSHING CHANGES AND CONTENT. The players want bugs fixed, and the game brought back to pre-Legacy of Romulus. The time-gates, dil sinks, and grind must go bye-bye.

Third, the R&D system needs pulled and revamped. Players should only have to gather material for crafting. NOT DILITHIUM. Where is the ability to pick and choose the mods that WE WANT? Being forced into a RNG when crafting something is not good. There are mods some players do not want, yet we can't have the option to disable certain mods from EVER showing up while crafting.

Fourth, We need a breakdown system for crafting. If we crafted a certain item, and it doesn't meet our needs(Example: Created a rare instead of a very rare, like we wanted) we should be able to break down the item into it's basic components minus a VERY SMALL component loss.

Fifth, The BOFF system needs pulled until EVERY SINGLE ABILITY that we had before is present and accounted for. Players have spent thousands of EC, DIL, and Zen to get their BOFFs the way they wanted, only to have the new, current, system throw EVERYTHING out the window.

Sixth, STOP favoring the FEDs. You have 3....sorry...2 1/2 factions that have been almost completely ignored. Feds have received 3x the T6 ships than the Romulans or KDF, which only got 2. Feds have also received 3 Intel ships and the other 2 factions got only 1....Biased much?
    If you release a ship for one faction, ALL the factions must receive a ship in equal abilities.

Seven, STOP nerfing everything. Players hate it when you nerf things because players like something. Aragala is getting nerfed, why? Because players are flocking to because the PvE queues are EMPTY.

Eight, The PvE queues ARE empty, despite what your "metrics" say. If players are queued for more than 10 minutes waiting for something to pop, then that is telling me that something is wrong, either the queue is empty or it is broke.

Nine. Cryptic said the the new Advanced difficulty was JUST LIKE THE OLD ELITE.....I smell BS. I was able to run the Old Elite PvE queues and complete them. Now that difficulty is so high that casual player no longer have a chance. You want player to play the New Elite difficulty, you have to start at the bottom. As a basic Example, Normal should pay out 1 Ancient Power Cell, Neural Processor, ECT....while Advanced should pay out 2, and Elite - 4. This way, NEW players have a chance to get the gear they need so they can advance in difficulty, so they can get even better gear, then they can rise in difficulty.

And Ten, The option objectives in the PVE queues are supposed to be OPTIONAL.
    -In normal, completing them gives 1.5x the awards, failing them, net the regular rewards.
    -In Advanced, Optionals are still optional, but there are a couple more. Failing them DOES NOT FAIL the mission. Again, completing them nets 2x the rewards.
    -In Elite, there are no optionals, ALL the objectives MUST be met within the time limit, Or mission fails. Elite is supposed to be best of the best.

If anyone thinks differently, Then by all means SPEAK UP and be heard, otherwise if you don't say anything, you have no reason to complain.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I thought we were on an 18 month EP rotation.. this is sooner than expected. I hope office morale is okay.

As for the news: Not sure how to feel about it yet; time will tell. Regardless, congrats to Mr. Ricossa.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pulserazor wrote: »
    before anyone laments sto's pvp situation any further, please log into the game and view the total number of participants in pvp ques, or better yet participate in pvp and see how many others are interested. See how many different people you will see from game to game and tell us if you really think there is a point in investing resources to change anything.

Even at its height, pvp matches would include the same players from game to game, suggesting there has never been many more then a dozen people playing pvp at the same time.

*yawn*

No w look at any social zone at all in sto and count the people there, keeping in mind that there are scores of social zones in sto.

It would be utterly stupid and a complete waste of resources to invest in pvp to satisfy the few dozen people who give a damn about it.

TL;DR: Noone is fishing in this town because there's no river. Therefore that must mean that noone in the town likes fishing. :rolleyes:

P.S. Same can be said about the PvE queues these days. Should they just go ahead and delete the game then?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome and HOPE you listen to the playerbase as DStahl at least tried.

Looks like there is a new Lead designer too...changes come in pairs and welcome it. Can't get worse :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Didn't take long for the loons to get their Internet access hour.

I hope you know what you're in for, Mr. Ricossa!
    This quote is apropos:
    If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Didn't take long for the loons to get their Internet access hour.

PvP group therapy sessions have moved to Mondays. You didn't get the memo?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry. Need to take this for a second.

A gift tuna breath.

OMG..you are sooo clever...:rolleyes:
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OMG..you are sooo clever...:rolleyes:

I know right. There is a reason why I am the EMPRESS OF PVP!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    I hope you know what you're in for, Mr. Ricossa!

salamiinferno
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Should be an interesting change. Bye D'Angelo, you won't be missed much.

The Sector space being a minor reveal isn't a bad thing. It's about time Sector space became Sector space not move for 2s then have a loading screen which renders the fast warp travel methods mostly redundant.

Good luck Ricossa, I hope you are more open to communication and listening :)
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good luck new guy.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    PvP group therapy sessions have moved to Mondays. You didn't get the memo?
    I know right. There is a reason why I am the EMPRESS OF PVP!

... at least i contribute something to something i like. on the other side i mostly just see "meehpvprant", contributing against something that doesn't even bother them in the best, but mostly not even that. just "meehpvprant"....

seriously: troll home, gn8 folks :P...

salamiinferno

:D... yay, over are the days of bacon :)...
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome to the monkey house, new guy. Listen to the Ten Forward regulars like gulberat, starswordc, iconians, and virusdancer. Ignore the rage in General Discussion if you can.

My advice, take it or leave it:

-- Respond quickly to major player complaints. If something breaks, even if you don't have a fix, come onto the forums and say "this thing it broken, we have X devs working on it, we expect a fix at X time but it may be later since this is a tricky bug and we don't want to hit a maintenance during peak play hours".

-- Promote Tacofangs and start a dev blog thing about the art of STO. "Taco's Pics" or something. Basically, put one of those out while maintenance is running so the players will be distracted by the beautiful art.

-- Communicate. I can't stress this enough. The top three causes of player rage are entitlement, feeling like they're being ignored by the devs, and the Scimitar. The first and last ones can't really be helped, so just talk to the players and take the time to explain things as best you can. You will feel better after doing so.

-- Keep a thick skin. You're the scapegoat now, every PVPer, KDF grognard, enraged "veteran", and other whiner on the forums will now direct their ire solely upon you. Ignore the over-the-top rage, just focus on the people who can criticize Cryptic without posting twenty-page rants about your family and how much you stink or whatever cheap insults they're using these days.

Good luck, Stephen. I wish you all of the best.

Sincerely,
    @worffan101
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good, maybe now my 60 seconds of slipstream won't be wasted by a map transition, ever since the powers that be decided to turn off slipstream at a map transition.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    gn8 folks :P...

I sincerely wish you a good night and hope your sleep is tranquil and peaceful.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As I mentioned in the other thread, welcome and good luck. I do hope you'll take stock in the aspects of the game that have currently been neglected such as PvP as well as correct the current balance issues with the game. Even Q has a few funny quips about those ingame at the moment ;)

Oh and did I mention that listening to feedback and releasing finished content are both incredibly important :D
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    I sincerely wish you a good night and hope your sleep is tranquil and peaceful.

and now if i did not meant myself? :P :D :cool:.... it's ok dude, even though it's obvious what u did there. i'm sure it will be and so be urs!

whether this or that: still most epic sig ever. i recall when u wanted to change it ;).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Good luck, Stephen. I wish you all of the best.

Sincerely,
    @worffan101

Personally, I do not feel that salami or does he prefer inferno, I can never remember, should listen to me in the least. If there is one player that he should ignore completely that would be me. Even the most delusional rage-infested rant out there from another player might have something to take away from it. What I babble about? It's just me trying not to hit Finish Now buttons. :D
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Considering how little the previous EP (Stephen D'Angelo) communicated with the STO playerbase (what 4 posts over one full year - two of which were to berate the playerbase for 'exploiting' and then apologizing for a badly designed, badly tested, and badly implemented script to properly punish said exploiters - which in the end was executed so poorly, Mr. D'Angelo came to the forums to state they were rolling back the punishments and moving on); I wouldn't characterize this as a "change in leadership" per se - because I don't think Cryptic's Chief Technology was doing much 'leading' in STO development

Hopefully it's finally: "We have an EP who will actually be able to manage STO the way an actual EP would; and won't just leave it in the hands of certain Leads who are honestly not up to the responsibility while he keeps Cryptic's servers running ."
    ^^
    To some the above may sound harsh, but honestly, given the 'quality' of the last few patches, I stand by the comment and its accuracy. Personally, I still think there are other Lead Devs Cryptic could also reassign to other projects as they've been with STO too long but won't admit to being 'burnt out' on STO development - (I give kudos to former EP Dan Stahl for admitting that and stepping down of his own accord when he did) - that would help get STO on better development footing going forward - but IMO, Stephen D'Angelo being re-assigned to just performing the role he is probably best suited for is a good start.

Here's hoping Mr. Stephen Ricossa will give his full attention to STO and here's also hoping he will both communicate with and take valid and honest feedback from the playerbase into account when making and implementing STO design decisions going forward, For myself, actions will speak louder than words; but it's still nice to get words of communication.:)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    quevvenquevven Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    While this Sector revamp idea has some intrigue to it for me... I do wonder about DOFF assignments. And also accolades. Currently there are accolades for certain activities in, say, Sirius Sector. What happens to those?
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eltatus wrote: »
    And you dont own cryptic anything, so stop been a white Knight

...and suddenly anyone that doesn't sprout doom and gloom or vitrol towards cryptic in every post is a white knight/fanboy.

Ok its not sudden, but it does show a remarkable level of ignorance in those who for the sake of argument I shall collectively group as 'the haters.'
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Speaking about trying to avoid Finish Now buttons and the overall theme of bringing walls down, how about making gear into frames where we can slot mods or traits if you wish.

Obviously certain mods would be tied to the weapon, but this is along the lines of Aliens having 10 Personal Traits while the various species have 9, right?

Traits, Kits, BOFFs, all sorts of things are pointing to the tech that could be used for mods, yeah?

How many VR Mk II weapons have to keep giving up their lives in the needless chase to find the right mods?
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To everyone saying that Stephen Ricossa is salamiinferno, may I ask where you got this information? Was it this line?
    You’ve seen me posting on the threads as the person that creates builds and patch notes, and I’ve been active in feedback threads on features that I’ve produced with the team.

Or did salamiinferno reveal his real name at some point?

EDIT: Never mind. I think I'll just answer my own question.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=426241
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1014481
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1184451
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    New boss? Same as the old boss. lol
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    edit: Never mind, cause the reply was to a post that was never mind. :D
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    WELCOME aboard, new leader-person.

Please check the bug-reports.

Some of them are quite annoying and need to be fixed ASAP. Take the game offline for a few weeks if you have to, but please get to work on them post-haste.

Oh and if you tell us we are not playing according to your standards and metrics I will release the GIANT ROBOT and allow it to stomp a small city flat. Don't do it, the lives of many thousands of people are on the line. :D
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello and welcome Stephen!
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stephen Ricossa,

A warm welcome to the command chair!:)

I am glad to hear of you fondness for Star Trek, throughout life. I am especially glad to hear that you have been with STO since launch.

That said, here's my comment, and question I have for you. It was said that the Legacy of Romulus expansion pack, really brought life back to STO. I think a huge part of that, was due to finally having a third faction in game. With such success with the release of a third faction, why is there no news of a 4th faction being released?

The delta expansion is "okay" but I really think, the growth potential of STO lies in more factions, not the amount of alien ships a Federation captain can fly. It would also be great to have stand alone factions, that do not make you feel like it's the same "blue" or "red" pill, with a different skin option. Worse is when the blue and red pill merge, to find there was always, only, one pill.

If STO can manage to focus on diversify the game play, by adding more factions, that can be stand alone now. The dividends of such a decision, should pay of greatly in the future.

That, is but my two cents, take it or leave it.;)
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ... if match making was done based on leader board balancing, after a few weeks super elite premades would never encounter weekend warriors that decide to que up. combating a thinking opponent is infinitely more interesting then a brainless sack of hitpoints npc, no mater anyone's skill level involved

Reticent to delve into the forums, but this crystallizes it nicely. I've already come to terms with my weekend-warrior self, but right now it feels like the solo/duo queues are not really a true choice and the only other option is between doing intra-fleet pvp, not playing, or encountering the aforementioned premades. I'd love to do pvp, but waiting an hour to get steamrolled is a waste of the play-time...count me in with dontdrunk's idea for a leaderboard/ k/d-ratio-controlled setup.