What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Updates to Rewards

Comments

• Options
    shawnypshawnyp Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not to be extremely critical, but do you know what basically every single player I've talked to wants? Drastically increased daily refinement amounts. Its ubber easy to grind out dillithium, but with all of the upgrading changes you guys have made, its hardcore play to win now. If you want to keep people from leaving the game in droves this is something you guys should do and QUICKLY!! Even Neverwinter has the ability to refine out x2 what STO does.

Again I don't want to be extremely critical, I do realize you guys need to make money, it's a business, but your loosing players hand over fist and this would be an excellent way to stop that trend.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    shawnyp wrote: »
    Not to be extremely critical, but do you know what basically every single player I've talked to wants? Drastically increased daily refinement amounts. Its ubber easy to grind out dillithium, but with all of the upgrading changes you guys have made, its hardcore play to win now. If you want to keep people from leaving the game in droves this is something you guys should do and QUICKLY!! Even Neverwinter has the ability to refine out x2 what STO does.

Again I don't want to be extremely critical, I do realize you guys need to make money, it's a business, but your loosing players hand over fist and this would be an excellent way to stop that trend.

So every player you've talked to says they're able to earn too much Dilithium? And that's what you want to tell Cryptic? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    rjntrekrjntrek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What is not being understood here by the devs is the the tweaks are all good and grand that your trying to make things evene out and equal when the existing bugs and problems are not being addressed first. The other day i was in dyson ground and at the far north of the park when the silo's became active by the time i got from there down to the silo the dino was almost dead so i did what i could before the dino died. I received 5 dil no marks. Ran to the teleporter and went to the city where it was still being finished. Got to the omega silo finished killing the dino and again 5 dil no marks. All dinos down once again no dil and no cybernetic implants. When you can't fix problems like this but want to waste time tweaking pves and changing how many mark we get or don't get tells me that maybe i prioities might need some adjusting.
  • Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What I think needs to be done:

-Add Borg Neural Processor drops/awards to Deferi

-Add Ancient Power Cells to Kobali as drops/awards

-Modify Romulan reputation system so that Romulan Research is required for items--in addition to Romulan Marks. There's plenty of it available on New Romulus--and it's impossible to spend anywhere other than 1 doff mission every 20 hours.

-Modify Fleet Alert so that the faction spawn isn't tied to Starbase level

-Modify Starbase Incursion so that faction spawn isn't tied to Starbase level

-Modify PVE cuing so that similar levels are grouped together and/or add elite/advanced cues to missions like Fleet Alert and Starbase Incursion (nothing like losing a map because you had 3 level 15 dudes who just do not have the DPS to make a difference). *Note* This does not mean amping the difficulty to 11--rather just that the cues group similar level people together as much as possible...or at least separates low level people into different instances so that they can be "carried" easier by the higher level toons.

-Eliminate all "1st place" accolades from PVE--these belong in PVP

-^ Along with what the guy above me said, modify Voth BZ so that V-Rex spawns are delayed by 30 seconds. That will greatly help people to reach a V-Rex in time to get the rewards, and they'll be more willing to cap "further away" areas on the map.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So every player you've talked to says they're able to earn too much Dilithium? And that's what you want to tell Cryptic? :rolleyes:

No, what they want to tell Cryptic is "We can earn enough Dilithium, we just can't REFINE enough to make it worthwhile."
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You do realise the 1st place rewards are usually utter garbage worth only around 15-20K EC.

Why are you advocating removal of competition? It's needed for people to want to better themselves. Some find that hard others find it easy, but removal of it just results in apathy. You only need to look at the blanket removal of competition from schools to see that.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What we need is MORE Increases and NONE Decreases for Rewards, so what you did was just WRONG! Equalizing, should be done by Increasing the Reward of the Missions / STFs that have a lower Reward not Decreasing the others!!!

And you know, Decreasing the Rewards of the most Popular STFs and Increasing the Rewards of the Less Popular STFs...is a TERRIBLE Idea, you think that will make People Play those STFs more? NO SIR the only thing that will happen is, that the allready Half Empty Quees will be more Empty!!

So tell us WHY are you trying so deliberately to KILL this Game? STO is YOUR BABY, and you are BUTCHERING it with every of those WRONG Decisions, are you so BLIND to see that? :mad::mad:

You Know believe it or not but....Delta Rising is NOT the Best Expansion and the Players DONT Love it, same goes for your Latest Decisions !:mad::mad:
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    icegavel wrote: »
    No, what they want to tell Cryptic is "We can earn enough Dilithium, we just can't REFINE enough to make it worthwhile."

No, they specially said...
    Its ubber easy to grind out dillithium...

...telling Cryptic that it is too easy to get Dilithium.

Which would be something that Cryptic could decide to fix...which would be a real PITA.
  • Options
    jaymaverick007jaymaverick007 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is there any way to increase the rewards for pvp? Let's say enough dilithium to make it more tempting for players get into the ques. As much as I do love all of the new pve content my primary thing I enjoy is pvp even with its short comings. I'd just appreciate being able to sit down and play this part of the game more rather then waiting over 2 hrs for a que to pop. I don't mean to complain. But I also have a life I'd rather spend my time else where then wait that long. The pve content is not as enjoyable to repeat as playing pvp for me anyway. I'm certain there are many more like me that don't have the same patients to wait or loyalty to the future of this game. I am determined to help it along through purchases I don't really need other then to help sustain the game long enough to see some love given to the pvp aspect. So many options for you guys to take on it and just waiting as patiently as I can for you to make a move with it.
    Retired Rear Admiral-Jay Maverick-
    Known simply as -Maverick-
    Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
    Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
    He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
    "United Federation of Planets"
    12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
    Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2015

All that raising the refinement cap would do, is make Cryptic increase the price of everything. Say you were able to refine double the Dil. Cryptic would then double the Dil requirements, and the Zen exchange price would also double. So everything would be the same, except for the poor sods who are casual players or only have one or two characters. They'd be left high and dry.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://i.imgur.com/ExZXaVC.png

No trash will get buffed. Only certain bosses. Check. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Wrong thread, but whatever. It wont' get read anyway.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The end boss in Bug Hunt advanced was over-buffed. You not only buffed HP pools, you buffed resistances too. The advanced queen is stronger than the previous ELITE queen. Unacceptable.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ...telling Cryptic that it is too easy to get Dilithium.

Which would be something that Cryptic could decide to fix...which would be a real PITA.

Yea, you can GET plenty of Dilithium, but you can't USE it. Nobody thinks getting Dilithium ORE is a problem. The problem is getting enough spendable, REFINED Dilithium. I know a lot of people that ACCIDENTALLY wind up with ten thousand ore a session. But they can't use nearly that much because of the refining timegate. Getting Dilithium is not a problem... getting USEABLE Dilithium is. Increase the refining rate and the problem decreases. Cut prices a bit to match and the problem is gone. Rewards are timegated without horrible grinding and monotony, but not so easy to get that no one bats an eye. Its the balance they said they wanted when they first proposed this nonsense, and the balance the (hopefully) have been TRYING to strike all this time (and just missing horribly).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The end boss in Bug Hunt advanced was over-buffed. You not only buffed HP pools, you buffed resistances too. The advanced queen is stronger than the previous ELITE queen. Unacceptable.

You what??? The Queen previously (in Adv or Elite) was a 10-15s takedown. That's unacceptable.

Now the Boss is actually a Boss and you complain? I dunno sometimes I really wonder about people's sense of entitlement...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    xarkavierxarkavier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Crank up the SP rewards for people who play missions and various other non queue content on Elite. Currently, there is no point from a reward standpoint to play any mission and or farm any patrol on the Elite difficulty.

Give us an incentive to play on Elite. Chipping away at fat healthpools for hours on end just for the sake of it gets boring pretty quickly.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    You what??? The Queen previously (in Adv or Elite) was a 10-15s takedown. That's unacceptable.

Now the Boss is actually a Boss and you complain? I dunno sometimes I really wonder about people's sense of entitlement...

This has zero to do with "entitlement"; it has to do with wanting to actually finish the mission and them over-doing it.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    This has zero to do with "entitlement"; it has to do with wanting to actually finish the mission and them over-doing it.

So now you have to use tactics and actually avoid the toxic rings instead of running in and everything falling over in 15s then it's overdoing it?

I completed the Elite version earlier, the Spawnmother lasted about a minute. The rest of the bugs go down a fair bit slower too as the Full Auto Rifles aren't doing double damage anymore. So it's a bit of a double whammy, however it is now a PvE Queue and not a free run.

It's not overdone at all.

EDIT: Removed reference to STF for someone who really gives 2 poops.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it is not an stf. it would at minimum need to feature the borg to qualify as an stf.
  • Options
    nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I mostly PUG Bug Hunt Elite, seems to me that all bugs are HP hardened including Queen. But most problems aren't from bugs HP, they are unfortunately from UI lag that makes healing almost impossible, furthermore 2/3 of my Bat'leth combos are different from intended.
    There are, of course, more PUG fails than before patch - I play 2 missions per day, before patch 99% success, now 50%. Fail points are at 1st and 2nd purple bug mostly as result of team in-coordination, it's harder to kill queen but it's only a problem when all player aren't focused on it (which in PUG is often)
    Increased fail rate isn’t much of problem because is always in beginning of mission, it saves nerves when you start with bad team.
    It doesn't seems to me that I earn more XP in mission after patch and it's disappointing.
    For me new changes in Bug Hunt Elite aren’t satisfying, mission is harder and XP and Salvaged Technology reward are small, almost nerfed if you consider increased difficulty.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    Most importantly DON'T nerf until you can add your new rewards, that would be bad.

Shame you didn't do this. Why promise to make things better at some undetermined point in the future and further damage the queues now?

It's all a bit silly :rolleyes:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    Shame you didn't do this. Why promise to make things better at some undetermined point in the future and further damage the queues now?

It's all a bit silly :rolleyes:.

I'm assuming they had a bad priority: the queues are self-contained largely, but the buffs aren't. That said, they should have rolled it all out in a go. Instead of this "we'll fix it at sometime in the future" because I've noticed that "in the future" might mean a year. Or more.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there any way to increase the rewards for pvp? Let's say enough dilithium to make it more tempting for players get into the ques. As much as I do love all of the new pve content my primary thing I enjoy is pvp even with its short comings. I'd just appreciate being able to sit down and play this part of the game more rather then waiting over 2 hrs for a que to pop. I don't mean to complain. But I also have a life I'd rather spend my time else where then wait that long. The pve content is not as enjoyable to repeat as playing pvp for me anyway. I'm certain there are many more like me that don't have the same patients to wait or loyalty to the future of this game. I am determined to help it along through purchases I don't really need other then to help sustain the game long enough to see some love given to the pvp aspect. So many options for you guys to take on it and just waiting as patiently as I can for you to make a move with it.

I doubt that greatly. They are slowly making PvP less interesting to do so that they eventually can remove it without anyone noticing. As they nerfed the Dilithium payout by timegating it, putting in all these specialization skills that will make matches very unbalanced. PvP is the ugly child they wish they never had and it will be completely dead sooner then you think.

The lack of PvP content is the same problem as with PvE. They rather spend resources on other things then fixing problems and make new maps/missions then finding ways to make us play the already existing content 100 times by putting in more grinding and timegating. Just look at the reputation TRIBBLE. They aren't mission arcs they are just grinding combined with crafting = boring. Now if they made missions that would level up our reputation instead and unlock these things we can get that would make the game more fun. But they do not want a fun game as that will make them work for their money.
  • Options
    tigermorphtigermorph Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi There STO Devs and Peeps!

First let me say I love Star Trek and STO is my favorite game. . . Next I want to do a bit of math for everyone to really see what is happening. Not my opinion, but the math of the game.
    We can only refine about 8000 dilithium per day, I saw a post on the forum "4hrs. to get 8000 dilithium". . .

Lets say a player wants to outfit their cruiser with Reputation weapons. Each 1 costs about 34000 dilithium (I believe). Lets see 34000 / by 8000, is about 4.25 days to buy 1 weapon. Cruisers have 8 weaps. So how much dilithium to outfit 1 single ship?. . . Um 34000 * 8 = 272,000 Dilithium just for Weaps. Nothing else. That is 34 days @ 8000 a day. If we can get the 8000 in 4hrs. how many just to get those weaps? 34 days @ 4hrs = 136 hours of our time just for 8 weapons.

And now you reduce the rewards. . . Really? And you call that balance? I am quickly running out of time to play this Expensive, Time Intensive “game”! Not by my choices, but by Your choices. . .
    And that makes me sad. . .
    Sincerely Tiger
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I mostly PUG Bug Hunt Elite, seems to me that all bugs are HP hardened including Queen. But most problems aren't from bugs HP, they are unfortunately from UI lag that makes healing almost impossible, furthermore 2/3 of my Bat'leth combos are different from intended.
    There are, of course, more PUG fails than before patch - I play 2 missions per day, before patch 99% success, now 50%. Fail points are at 1st and 2nd purple bug mostly as result of team in-coordination, it's harder to kill queen but it's only a problem when all player aren't focused on it (which in PUG is often)
    Increased fail rate isn’t much of problem because is always in beginning of mission, it saves nerves when you start with bad team.
    It doesn't seems to me that I earn more XP in mission after patch and it's disappointing.
    For me new changes in Bug Hunt Elite aren’t satisfying, mission is harder and XP and Salvaged Technology reward are small, almost nerfed if you consider increased difficulty.

Is letting the engineer set the bombs even a worthwhile objective? I mean it's supposed to be part of the mission but no one ever seems to pay attention to it. If not then what's the point of it?
    tigermorph wrote: »
    Hi There STO Devs and Peeps!

First let me say I love Star Trek and STO is my favorite game. . . Next I want to do a bit of math for everyone to really see what is happening. Not my opinion, but the math of the game.
    We can only refine about 8000 dilithium per day, I saw a post on the forum "4hrs. to get 8000 dilithium". . .

Lets say a player wants to outfit their cruiser with Reputation weapons. Each 1 costs about 34000 dilithium (I believe). Lets see 34000 / by 8000, is about 4.25 days to buy 1 weapon. Cruisers have 8 weaps. So how much dilithium to outfit 1 single ship?. . . Um 34000 * 8 = 272,000 Dilithium just for Weaps. Nothing else. That is 34 days @ 8000 a day. If we can get the 8000 in 4hrs. how many just to get those weaps? 34 days @ 4hrs = 136 hours of our time just for 8 weapons.

And now you reduce the rewards. . . Really? And you call that balance? I am quickly running out of time to play this Expensive, Time Intensive “game”! Not by my choices, but by Your choices. . .
    And that makes me sad. . .
    Sincerely Tiger

While that is true, I have usually been able to outfit my ships with the rep weapons pretty effectively by doing the hourly rep project and opening the boxes to be honest. I would never spend that much.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    thelittlenerdthelittlenerd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can someone Please explain why I can't create a new thread and I have played the game since after the 2nd anniversary
  • Options
    nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Is letting the engineer set the bombs even a worthwhile objective? I mean it's supposed to be part of the mission but no one ever seems to pay attention to it. If not then what's the point of it?

Not for now. It isn't impossible but Spawnmother is "hardened" and it has insane heal spikes so 3 min are hardly sufficient for the kill, I can't imagine killing Spawnmother and babysitting Lt Engineer with PUG team.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    can somebody please tell me if we will be able to continue to do the R&D omega projects after the anniversary event? I know it was said that the particles will not disappear but will the doff missions still be available after the event ends? I've got like 200 of each particle and hope to continue to refine them. Posting a link of this info would be great!! TY
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    can somebody please tell me if we will be able to continue to do the R&D omega projects after the anniversary event? I know it was said that the particles will not disappear but will the doff missions still be available after the event ends? I've got like 200 of each particle and hope to continue to refine them. Posting a link of this info would be great!! TY

Borticus confirmed that the projects WILL remain after the event. They will be relocated to a new R&D tab for special projects.
    We recently came to the decision to allow the Omega Projects to remain available indefinitely, after the conclusion of the Anniversary Event.

We will be moving these projects to a new "Special Projects" R&D School in a future patch, so that they do not clutter up the Science R&D School as they currently are. The "Special Projects" School will behave very similarly to Officer Training in that it does not have any projects that reward, nor rely upon, Skill Levels or Research XP.

As stated previously, the Omega Stabilization Mini-Game (and thus source of Omega materials) will go away when the Event is over. But anything you have gathered between now and then will be yours to keep, and continue to refine forever.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    awesome tyvm Hypl!
  • Options
    nachtfangennachtfangen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let me stop you there, slim. Only confusion is amongst the dev team.

I'm with you there...

What sticks in my craw is the every increasing number of currency sinks, without a commensurate ability to accrue said currency (re: dil). More and more it seems that everything requires dil - fleet projects (where the return on your dil is effectively zero), science projects, reputation projects... How long before it requires dil to use your ship's special weapon? And then just the normal weapons?

All the while the same old farm-this-daily time and time and time again until you want to just uninstall and count your investment in time and wallet the waste that it is ever more and more becoming.

Eve Online is a great game, I played it faithfully for seven years, but it became a JOB. And, on top of that, one I paid to work. STO I've played, off and on (mostly off) since its release - and sure as heck not faithfully... because every time I come back to examine some new whiz-bang-shiney I'm smacked in the face by how much dil I haven't been making (because I don't work this JOB) and how much they want me to part with it.