test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updates to Rewards

14567810»

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So every player you've talked to says they're able to earn too much Dilithium? And that's what you want to tell Cryptic? :rolleyes:

I think he also meant to say the demand for dilithium has drastically increased, which it has, with the new crafting and upgrades system among other things.

As such the current refine cap does not match the new economy and should be raised.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    At the same time, changing the refinement cap on Dilithium would mean less demand for it, which would affect the general economy in STO. Only refining 8K per day means you will have to be patient to get what you want with it, or to spend Zen to get instant dilithium. There is actually a fairly logical reason for the cap itself...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • strixtmachinestrixtmachine Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm very glad to see the rewards have been tweaked and updated to somewhat better reflect the economical conditions in the game.

Grinding = :(
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    despite that the rewards got updated I fail to see getting more rewards after the update
  • pops70pops70 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    :rolleyes: The dilithium refinement really does need to balance out with the cost of items purchased with dilithium. I've dumped tons of real life money into this game and yet the only thing I find exceptionally annoying is the refine cap. If we can mine it, acquire it or TRIBBLE it out from some magical TRIBBLE, we should be able to refine it. Fix costs or fix refinement. Probably too much bad code to have to fix for that, but who knows.:confused:
    Gamer formerly known as Grimbeard. SFC veteran.
  • malonmalon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since I can't make threads as of yet I believe this is the most relevant one to post in I just started to play about 2 months ago. Anyways have they ever released a event ship and if so does anyone know if they plan to release the carrier one?
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    malon wrote: »
    Since I can't make threads as of yet I believe this is the most relevant one to post in I just started to play about 2 months ago. Anyways have they ever released a event ship and if so does anyone know if they plan to release the carrier one?

They did one for this past winter. It was a Breen carrier, but not sure if they will let you get it this up coming winter.

They do event ships for the anniversary (which we just had), summer event (which is on Risa), and the winter event. They are time gated grinds. But if you can't finish it, and have the project queued up, you might be able to collect it during the next event.

Good luck playing STO.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • malonmalon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the help and clearing everything up I missed the winter event. Well time to start saving for a carrier.
  • pumpchumppumpchump Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One of the best MMO's out there that's pretty much F2P.

What I would love to see regarding loot (rewards) in this to make it even more accurately a F2P title is the tweaking of a few items in game only available through cash purchases. While I understand the game needs financial support through store purchases some things should be offered up as loot even if they must be classified as very rare loot but should still be none-the-less available to ALL players. Examples of loot I'm talking about are universal lock box keys and the fleet ship modules needed to buy fleet ships.

Like I said I understand that money is needed to keep the game running through purchases but I believe making these items available as bound rare items in game would not hamper the sales of them in the game store. It would just add even more an appealing and gratifying experience to your players already enjoyable experience.

Awesome game. Glad I came back to it. The changes are awesome as well.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pumpchump wrote: »

What I would love to see regarding loot (rewards) in this to make it even more accurately a F2P title is the tweaking of a few items in game only available through cash purchases. While I understand the game needs financial support through store purchases some things should be offered up as loot even if they must be classified as very rare loot but should still be none-the-less available to ALL players. Examples of loot I'm talking about are universal lock box keys and the fleet ship modules needed to buy fleet ships.

Like I said I understand that money is needed to keep the game running through purchases but I believe making these items available as bound rare items in game would not hamper the sales of them in the game store. It would just add even more an appealing and gratifying experience to your players already enjoyable experience.

you can buy fleet ship modules and lockbox keys with ec off the exchange.
    you can also convert dil to zen via the dil exchange.
    the only thing i can think of that you must use $ to buy is lifetime membership.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you can buy fleet ship modules and lockbox keys with ec off the exchange.
    you can also convert dil to zen via the dil exchange.
    the only thing i can think of that you must use $ to buy is lifetime membership.

The Steamrunner off of Steam. ;)
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pumpchump wrote: »

As someone else mentioned, you can buy the keys and fleet ship modules off the exchange that others bought with Zen.

However, I will mention that unless you just want to min/max, the fleet ships are not going to offer you anything special. They only give 1 more console slot, and a small increase to hull and shields. The console slot is the main thing here, since it can help increase your max DPS, if you use a console that helps that in some way.

Otherwise, you are just buying a ship that is bound to that one character, and no other character on your account has access to it, unless you buy it all over again for the same amount. Though Delta Rising has made it really hard for most to run multiple characters, if you want to, I recommend getting C-Store ships.

I also suggest having 1 main that you level all the way to 60, and 2 alts that you just run to level 50. The alts can just be used to run events like Crystalline Catastrophe, and Mirror Invasion events for Dil. You can also set them up for grinding Dil in the Dyson ground BZ.

Also, by just using them to grind Dil, those two don't need to have any upgraded stuff. Just throw cheap purple MK XII weapons, and either the Kaboli, or Solanae sets on them, which can be obtained through missions. In total, you will be able to refine 24,000 Dil per day. After you have enough, you can exchange that for Zen to buy stuff from the C-Store.

I have 13 characters that I used to play on all the time before DR. Since DR came out, I made one my main, and just use the others to run events, or if I want to grind Dil to buy something.

That is really the only advantage to having alts now. And if you want to do that, you might want to wait till they start the Delta Recruitment thing to start any more characters. This is why: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9080423

It is really good for those of you that are new, or are wanting to start new alts.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!