test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd really like to see a move towards some real Trek missions and that means exploration.
    Give us the opportunity to earn rewards that match those from just blowing stuff up, but from exploration. Not everything in Trek episodes was won buy nuking the other guys with overwhelming firepower.
    Heck just add a rep for it and put some nice rewards for those of use that are bored of just rocking up and killing everything in sight.

Or even just hide some nice shiny toys across the galaxy and let people find them by accident, by exploring random systems.

Something to move the game away from what it's rapidly turning in to: an FPS shooter game using space ships.
    SulMatuul.png
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Lol, if Smirk puts a Bug Fixing category, it would probably win by a landslide.
  • achim1306achim1306 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I see the Statistics but i can not vote here, why?
    It's going when i have one Post :D
    Greetings Billiana
  • apophis1111apophis1111 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More PvP Queues

and more balance

and fix or nerfed ----/---- neutro torp ----/---- viral torp traid ----/---- neutronic turbolanze ----/---- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----/----

• cameron1963wcameron1963w Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Definitely more exploration missions, both shipboard and planetary! Also it would be great if some of the planetary exploration missions were a bit more complex than the typical "scan/repair five like items by walking in a big oval".
  • griceneilgriceneil Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All for good balanced pvp missions. Ground and space.
    ��
    Thankyou for asking the playerbase, some of the ideas in here sound awesome.
  • capthulcapthul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Would Love to see pvp fixed and updated.
    Maybe add a death match map or 2. I know my friends and I would love that too happen .

• svenmillersvenmiller Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More exploration missions!

"To boldly go where no man has gone before! ... that is Star Trek for me, not the damnd fly in the system and destroy anny vessel you can find missons...
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lol, i don't want to know how that poll gets influenced (edited out something), no matter in which direction....

and i really don't want to know if the writer of that questions ever heard something about qualitive statistics *sigh* :rolleyes:...

one last time cryptic: statistics is not about numbers, it's about if one understands the numbers and what's behind them. it's about to ask the right questions regarding those numbers.
    just as much it not is only about quantitives, but also about qualitives....

usually i have some hope on this occasions, but u guys prooved that so many times wrong and all of my hope worthless..... it like 8-9 times out of ten came down to the worst possible, that's my statistics :P... *just sigh*...
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    >More PvP Queues

but actually wants MORE OPEN ZONE PVP (kerrat-like) locations

premade queues are just pointlessly silly 2 play with all these funky stuff we got from DR

i can understand Exploration Missions too since the game-title says STAR TREK ONLINE but what we actually got is BATTLE TREK ONLINE - KILL EVERYTHING
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I voted, but what I really want more than new content is fixing of the known (and recurring) bugs.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    and i really don't want to know if the writer of that questions ever heard something about qualitive statistics *sigh* :rolleyes:...

one last time cryptic: statistics is not about numbers, it's about if one understands the numbers and what's behind them. it's about to ask the right questions regarding those numbers.
    just as much it not is only about quantitives, but also about qualitives....

usually i have some hope on this occasions, but u guys prooved that so many times wrong and all of my hope worthless..... it like 8-9 times out of ten came down to the worst possible, that's my statistics :P... *just sigh*...

IMO it would be VERY wise for whoever at Cryptic is going to read these results, to actually print off this thread, lock themselves in a conference room, and sit down and read in depth why people are saying what they are saying. As I said before, I am very concerned about the possibility they will, as with the VOY vote, take the wrong message away if someone does not give this an in-depth read.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Simple PvP fix. Make a T5U Arena map. No spec points, no intel/command abilities, just pure pre DR PvP.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really think there should have been the option to take a season off and just fix how broken and buggy this game is.
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Yeah, that made me wonder too.

IMO it would be VERY wise for whoever at Cryptic is going to read these results, to actually print off this thread, lock themselves in a conference room, and sit down and read in depth why people are saying what they are saying. As I said before, I am very concerned about the possibility they will, as with the VOY vote, take the wrong message away if someone does not give this an in-depth read.

re-edited my post and altered it a bit. u may would do me the favor to do so as well ;)?

indeed i don't think even that is happening (room-lockup). statistically seen i'd bet on they will stay with the pattern, just as the way the questions are asked already implies :D :mad:...
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm going to go with pvp, even if it is only as a protest vote, I'd like to see pvp playable.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    STO needs more content. Actual MISSION CONTENT to do. Whether it's in the form of bringing back some form of Exploration or tons more Episode missions, STO simply does not have enough to do to keep some folks happy.

Let alone level to the cap without having to repeat loads of content over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Sorry, thought I was in Argala for some reason. Which is odd since I've never played Argala, unless it was part of the DQ Patrol arc.

Ooops, I meant DQ Story arc.

Seriously though, missions are what's needed most, and it's one of the things that Cryptic has been giving attention to lately. Unfortunately, it's in REMOVING them instead of just ADDING them.

Oh, sure, revamping some old missions is nice and making them fit into the current storyline is great since some of the missions that were removed were not so good. But if you're going to take content away, replace it with an EQUAL amount. Don't remove missions, replace them. One for one. If you take out 11 missions, release 11 new missions. Revamp 2 old missions and turn it into one mission, fine, but you still need to add another mission somewhere.

Missions. Official, made by Cryptic, vetted by CBS, not purely PATROL missions and are part of the STO storyline. Make some of them one-offs. Not every episode of the various series was a continuation of prior stories. Sometimes the one-off episodes were some of the better ones.

Just, missions.

Lots and lots of missions.

With a side of missions.

And if I could get missions for dessert, I would.

Missions.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • poe857poe857 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would pick more Episodes. Cause it keeps things interesting and something to look forward to when you play the game. Gets a bit boring when their is nothing new to do with a maxed out character.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Simple PvP fix. Make a T5U Arena map. No spec points, no intel/command abilities, just pure pre DR PvP.

You know what? The day my channel is going to be useless, PvP is going to rise again.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exploration is the heart of Trek spirit so I think it's time it gets some love. :cool:

Fleets had their own with Season 6 which introduced fleet housing, which is the standard feature for a MMO to support guilds, I don't think they really need more.

PvP is never going to be a great part of this game, it's about time to face the truth. :D

Episodes need much to be developed and are quickly burnt, a few per season to advance the storyline is enough.

More Foundry functionalities to let players create amazing new stories is #2 priority for me.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

tbh, even that not would be ngh to me! make it s5 pvp and i'm in! got reasons for, if interested i could state some ;)...
  • captainchompcaptainchomp Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well as long as Cryptic says they're listening to players today, here's what I'd do...

Bring back exploration clusters.
    They could be randomly generated sector blocks for you or a team. In games like Civilization, you don't see the whole map at once. You have to wander around and find things yourself. Something like this where you 'unlock' the parts of the map you've visited would be pretty cool. Maybe Foundry missions could be inserted into preset versions of these sector blocks too.

Add elite versions of existing STFs.
    It took almost no time at all for the Advanced STFs of queues like Khitomer Ground to become just as easy, or in some cases even easier, than the pre-Delta Rising Elites.

Make advanced and elite queues unlockable.
    I don't use the queue list anymore. I only use premade teams. Why? Because "pugging" queues is a recipe for failure. People don't know what to do and/or don't listen if you try telling them. Advanced levels should unlock on an account only if the player has successfully completed the normal with optionals. Elites should unlock on an account only if the player has successfully completed advanced with optionals. This would probably be somewhat unpopular, but it would at least guarantee that people queued at higher levels actually have some idea what's going on around them.

An alternative would be requiring players to complete a tutorial for a queue before being allowed to play it with a team.

There are slow days and nights when friends and people in chat channels aren't around, and I can't actually play queued content because nobody's queuing anymore, and even if you do get in an instance you're likely to fail since the people who *do* queue are usually inexperienced.

Place same-set item rewards in different episodes.
    The new featured episode is the perfect example of grinding. If you want the new set's deflector dish, play the new episode. If you want the set's shield array, play it again. If you want the engine, play it yet again. If you want any of these items on an alt, play the episode even more times for each individual item you want on each individual alt. This is, frankly, just stupid and only contributes to players like myself mostly abandoning our alts.

Implement a rating system for official missions.
    The Foundry missions are rated by players. If you want a better handle on what people really think about Cryptic-created content, let players rate it. There's no accounting for taste, but if nobody likes a certain mission (ahem, Coliseum...), you'll have a better idea where to go in the future.

Add better rewards to episodes, particularly revamped ones.
    The newly revamped Romulan story arc for Feds was underwhelming and replaced some enjoyable missions. The revamped versions, at least in my experience, reward 0 XP for most kills, and none of them have unique or revamped rewards. I do like some story missions, but the time vs. reward ratio in them is extremely out of balance with things like STFs so I don't replay the story missions.

Restore the mark to dilithium bonus during dilithium weekend.
    Removing this almost got me to delete the game, and not much antagonizes the player base like this did. Part of why I refuse to convert any of my marks to dilithium is because there's no quantity slider; you have to do it individually for each set of 50 marks. The other part is this dilithium weekend nerf; it's just not worth it.

Reduce dilithium requirements for upgrades and/or have the quality upgrade effect cumulative through all level upgrades - not just at level 14.
    The omega particle scan mission from Q is a tacit admission you're well aware that upgrade requirements are absurd. If you have multiple characters, the cost and time involved become even more absurd. Unless I turn playing STO into a full-time (or more) job, it is simply not possible to bring my alts and their equipment up to my main's level.

No patrol "episodes".
    Please don't ever release more patrol missions masquerading as "episodes". For the so-called Delta Rising "expansion" this was seriously disappointing and really, really lazy.

Fix the frame rate issue.
    The game started stuttering with the release of Season 9 in crowded instances or locations where a lot's going on - anything in space involving Undine seems to be the worst for it. The game wasn't doing this before Season 9, and I (and others with this issue) don't experience it in other games. You did something with Season 9's release that has never been corrected, and adjusting the settings doesn't help.

EDIT: Doffs!
    There's not much point in getting duty officer ranks up. If you reach Tier 4 in the Science ability, you should get +4% in damage from science abilities or something like that. Some sort of passive ability for each of the duty officer schools would be nice. There's already one for Diplomacy with the Diplomatic Immunity ability; it'd be cool to see this expanded to the other doff schools.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited February 2015
    Voted for Exploration would like to see it grant some decent XP btw

But, in the mission A Step Between Stars there was a branching option giving different rewards. Is there a way to add something similar to random Exploration missions? Allow for 3+ additional branching options to the mission.

Maybe take into account the players ranks in Diplomacy, medical, etc to help determine the available dialog options? similar to the mission "Second Wave" gives a [Diplomacy] option to complete the dialog.

If that was possible, then allow those same tools to be used by Foundry authors. Especially the little pop-up balloon dialog in the "Dust to Dust" mission as an option for Foundry authors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    re-edited my post and altered it a bit. u may would do me the favor to do so as well ;)?

While I feel like you had a legitimate concern, I've edited.
    indeed i don't think even that is happening (room-lockup). statistically seen i'd bet on they will stay with the pattern, just as the way the questions are asked already implies :D :mad:...

Well...considering that we DO have a new EP, and I am seeing some different interactions occurring, I felt like it couldn't hurt to at least put the suggestion out there, that they sit down and do a detailed read-through of the comments and not just the metrics.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • asteconnasteconn Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I could rank them:

#1 Exploration
    #2 Episodes
    #3 Foundry
    #4 Fleet activities
    #5 PvP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • echa1echa1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Rather than anything from that list I have one wish for this year.

FIX YOUR DAMN GAME AND MAKE IT STABLE BEFORE YOU ADD MORE STUFF

This option appears to be missing
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    pvp is dead and cannot be salvaged in a ptw type of game like this

it cannot be balanced

Real planetry exploration and then colonization is what this game REALLY needs to be star trek

Exploration

Then colonization

This the end game content this game needs the most
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015

PvP is never going to be a great part of this game, it's about time to face the truth. :D

Battle of Chin'toka, Second Battle of Chin'toka, Earth-Romulan War, Battle of Deep Space Nine, the short Klingon-Federation war after Khitomer Accords were nullified, Battle of Bassen Rift; shall I continue?

Star Trek has a huge amount of battling as well: NPCs are too stupid to handle it, players can potentially be smart enough to represent a true challenge for you. STO isn't fit for exploration, and even if they do it's going to be some randomly generated content, or even worse in limited amount: they'd need to recreate at least half of the galaxy to make room for enough species to not burn through the content in a few weeks.
    The game content is meant for combat; traits, weapon upgrades, specializations. Since PvP didn't receive any love in 5 years, let it get revisited for god's sake.
  • with10cubeswith10cubes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have to agree with many others that say stability should be added to this list. I know that development keeps the money coming in, but if your game is DCing players every 15 minutes, you will eventually lose a lot more money in the long run.
  • cwrichesonzenocwrichesonzeno Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would adore exploration missions. An alternative to grinding DQ patrols that has moderate to large variability would be glorious.
This discussion has been closed.