Install Arc
Options

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• Options
    angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2015
    Bug Fixes.

It's been a year since I last played and that stupid bug where you zone in and have your BOffs unseated is not only still there, it's worse than it was, before.

Take 6 months, cancel all projects for new shinies (we're not magpies), and focus on bug fixes. Once you've knocked down all the biggest ones and after the 6 months, move back into trying to distract the magpies with the shinies.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    augm3nt wrote: »
    WOW!

what a sneaky little b... you know pvp players in minority and this is just another slap in face... shame on you.

cryptic....putin should take notes on how to rig votes.
  • Options
    galorndoncoregalorndoncore Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Needs MOAR PvP Queues!
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Put me in the Bug Fix camp. Clean up both of your DX clients. Clean up your HUD & Loudout issues. Hell, even some of your ships weren't working.

No new content PVE, PVP or otherwise means anything if I crash on the way to said content, crash during said content, or have to sit there re-slotting my BOffs and their abilities while those lucky enough not to be affected by that mix of buggy garbage (THIS TIME! DUN DUN DUNNN!) have to carry my weight.
  • Options
    scimitarsbladescimitarsblade Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Needs MOAR PvP Queues!

This! 100%
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    augm3nt wrote: »
    WOW!

what a sneaky little b... you know pvp players in minority and this is just another slap in face... shame on you.

though we made it into the top 3 when it was about roms, more klink content and so on. there it already was shown THAT THE INTEREST PLAYERSIDE IS THERE (winkwink cryptic...).
    they just decided to go over no3 by then to fulfill things like no7 lol :rolleyes:....

meds pls :D :mad:
  • Options
    kanonistiskanonistis Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Due to the fact Cryptic Guys have not put in the voting pool the question "you want more Server stability and no more Server not respondings", i want to let you know, again, with this way: YES, I WANT!
    Fleet Leader: Hellenic Space Force
    Characters FED: TAC Ponos - TAC Tromos - ENG Athena - ROM TAC Phovos - SCI Martyrium - REM Apatros
    Fleet: La Familia: SCI Stave
    KDF Fleet: Syndicate of Shadows: ENG Sha'Kal

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Bug fixes are great, BUT cryptic has shown an Unwillingness and even Inability to fix many of the bugs plaguing this game. PvP is extremely important as it is basically Endgame content. Once you've done all episodes and everything else the game has got to offer, PvP is what keeps the game alive and you coming back.

Vote PvP!
  • Options
    jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Episodes are the best content.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jgp1975 wrote: »
    Episodes are the best content.

play once never play again...yea they are bang for the buck.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Needs no pvp, and more of everything else. :D
  • Options
    sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My opinion:

1) Exploration- its a very 'Star Trek' thing and should be in the game in some way
    2) More Missions- the most recent of these have been of very high quality (ignoring the DQ patrols). more would be welcome
    3) Fleet Functionality- adding more options/ranks would be good, but you also need to better balance the mechanics. For instance, I'm sitting on 12k fleet marks I can never use because the fleet I'm in is large and any projects fill in seconds (for marks) and sit for days waiting on dilithium. A friend in a small fleet has projects sit for weeks because they can't generate the marks or dilithium at a reasonable pace to keep the projects moving.
    4) Foundry- don't really use it.
    5) PVP Queues- We don't need more PVP queues. What we need is balanced, fun PVP. I'm not against PVP- I PVPed in SWG space all the time, occasionally PVP in Lotro and PVP all the time in Pathfinder Online, but STO PVP is terrible. Unless PVP is radically changed, its unlikely I'll ever do it again. And if someone who clearly would PVP won't PVP in your game, what chance is there that someone who only dabbles in PVP or is very reluctant to PVP will try it and stick with it?
  • Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I voted for more PvP queues, but whats really needed to fix the issue of no ground pvp happening is having at least one queue with specialization disabled. and thats the one i want to see. Even better would be to convert the existing ones into no-specialization ones tho :)

Additional maps and some balance fixes (concussive tachyon emission works while cloaked on ground!) would be welcome too.

While i certainly could also make a list of things that need a balance fix in the specialization tree.. the list would just be to long. Theres to many things in there that have no counter or broken cooldown's. Also and thats really one of the main problems, pvp is all about build vs build, skill vs skill, pvp is NOT about easy wins for whoever grinded more argalla. So yea, make a pvp queue with specialization disabled and theres a small chance it may bring ground-pvp back to life if some balance tweaks (i.e. to that OP elachi universal module) go along with it.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Episodes are, honestly, why I play the game. So I'm looking forward to more of those showing up.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank You to the powers that be for giving us a chance to talk about future content!

I wanted more communication in 2015, and we seem to be getting it.

Keep up the good work on that front! :)
  • Options
    t0ffik1#9170 t0ffik1 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Voted PVP, as so or so we will get episodes/ships and stuff (since its the money bringer - just like champs/skins ect in games like LOL), but
    PVP is currently needing as the games balances is just absurd and it needs to be looked upon, just like the bugs in abilities ex:
    SS3 firing while cloaked on faeth what devs say it works as intended,

Ionic turb perma chaining for 10s - 1 dev says it works properly then geko says it doesnt (SO DECIDE ON ONE),

or it allowing other abilities to deal dmg while in rock and roll when you get hit by ionic in it,

viral torp 0 cd reload abuse

and MANY MANY MORE
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just want more Episodes becasue no one explored anything in Star Trek ever, not once did we see any episode about exploring, 40 mins of nothing trying to kill our heroes, so to me exploration is not Trek, but the adventures were.

but that's just me.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exploration and Foundry.
    Exploration is the founding principle for Star Trek: To search out new worlds and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Conforming here's my ranking as well:
    1. More exploration missions
    2. More foundry functionality
    3. More episodes (sorry guys but these tend to be high quality missions and the ones that are worth repeating)
    4. More fleet functionality (fleets are basically just a place to buy tac and sci consoles atm so they need expansion but so do starship interiors)
    5. PvP (when there's balance in the game or PvP has built in restrictions this will be #1 on most lists, mine included.)
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm want to see???

-An Away Team of Ships-

Ra lower- gets one small support ship
    RA upper- one medium
    VA one large
    Admiral - 2 slots med/large
    FA- 2 large

making use of this ships we have mothballed for a change...

(triple the income for upgrades btw)

full gear slots, simplified BOffs (3 per ship 4/3/2 slots- not universal) no DOffs
  • Options
    mjaybirdmjaybird Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It has to be PVP
    2 Foundry in sector space and better tools
    3 Exploration missions
    4 Bug fixes
    5 More fleet activity and starbase
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I voted for exploration missions. I think these will help between the FEs. And exploration was a huge part of star trek. We need more of these instead of constantly shooting something.

Have our crews find new planets, new animal, plant, and civilizations. Find new anomalies to either escape from or to see. As they can be a threat or not. How about some trading, diplomat, or having to deal with a new virus or disease. Either your crew got effected or helping some species/race of people.

We are in the Delta area, Lets try to help the Malon fix their issue or some planet being plagued by their radiation dumps.

The sky is the limit on what you can do. We can do a FE type mission with this, or even a small story arc. Let your minds run loose.

Please don't do the scan elements around some rock and then move on. Make them lot better than those horrible hash missions.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    funny how so much state pvp would be top notch if it was kinda balanced and that it not need more queues lulz!

and that's why the whole question is asked totally wrong, or that's by design. one could get to think so...

*sigh*........ i'd like to drop words now, but it would get me banned...
    do what u want u pros lmao :mad:...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I want to vote for the true endgame content "PVP" but the poll will not allow me?
  • Options
    athourstathourst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Need more Exploration Missions and Episodes.
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I voted for more episodes. however to me more episodes altho should be mostly story i would indeed like to see some exploration missions where my ship don't always end up killing stuff every one i meet.

better pvp is like 5 years over due so there really dose need to be some impovments on that front.
    way back when a 3rd independent romulan faction should have been made. i was keen on the idea of 3 way pvp and territory control. looks like I'd be lucky to see just territory control pvp since the war is over. so i can only assume the idea of pvp when your at peace seems rather pointless :(
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,103 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mikiiy wrote: »
    I voted for more PvP queues, but whats really needed to fix the issue of no ground pvp happening is having at least one queue with specialization disabled. and thats the one i want to see. Even better would be to convert the existing ones into no-specialization ones tho :)

Additional maps and some balance fixes (concussive tachyon emission works while cloaked on ground!) would be welcome too.

While i certainly could also make a list of things that need a balance fix in the specialization tree.. the list would just be to long. Theres to many things in there that have no counter or broken cooldown's. Also and thats really one of the main problems, pvp is all about build vs build, skill vs skill, pvp is NOT about easy wins for whoever grinded more argalla. So yea, make a pvp queue with specialization disabled and theres a small chance it may bring ground-pvp back to life if some balance tweaks (i.e. to that OP elachi universal module) go along with it.

Let me build maps! :D
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    jonpark020979jonpark020979 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hailing all Captains, Warriors and Commanders,

It is time for a new STO Player Poll! Please note this Poll will close on Monday, February 16th, 2015 at approx 10AM PDT (what time is this for you?)

Vote here for your top choice listed above, to let us know which of these options you would most like to see developed further in STO.

Feel free to reply to this thread to discuss the options, and why you would like your top choice to win! Who knows, maybe your impassioned reasoning will sway other players who might be on the fence. :)

Please remember that this is a poll to help communicate players wants and desires for new content, to our Development team, and we want to hear from each and every one of you! Make sure to share this poll with your friends and fleetmates, and pass this to other players to participate so we can cover as wide a base of players as possible!

We value your feedback and discussion on these topics, so let's keep this constructive, and focus on future possibilities!

Thanks everyone!

=/\=

~CaptainSmirk

I vote for fleet work because it would be better in a fleet experience and maybe make wanting to go to the fleet starbase or provision for other reasons then just weapons and gear. Maybe making it so you can go to fleet events like fleet alert from a console on your star base. What about making a whole invasion event from spot to spot.

You have so much you can do plus all the role playing fleets could use a boost in helping for example all the things you put 200k dil into is nice but really don't do anything. What about making the ability to have the desk you get on one of the fleet special project by clicking a console call for a staff meeting and making rank 6 and 7 more of an admiral or commanding officer then it does now.

I have tons of ideas just ask and I will be happy to answer them for you. As for other things like pvp and foundry, since I never do them I see no reason to work on them. Foundry was nice for a while when it was beneficial to me as a player but now that it's not it's no longer something I play, and I don't pvp since as a tactical toon I am at a distinct disadvantage

As for episodes I am sure your working on more so that's not even needing to be addressed, and exploration goes with episodes I am sure your working on that as well. I am sure not all of you will agree with me but that's just my thoughts as I respect all of yours please respect mine
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    farmallm wrote: »
    I voted for exploration missions. I think these will help between the FEs. And exploration was a huge part of star trek. We need more of these instead of constantly shooting something.

Have our crews find new planets, new animal, plant, and civilizations. Find new anomalies to either escape from or to see. As they can be a threat or not. How about some trading, diplomat, or having to deal with a new virus or disease. Either your crew got effected or helping some species/race of people.

We are in the Delta area, Lets try to help the Malon fix their issue or some planet being plagued by their radiation dumps.

The sky is the limit on what you can do. We can do a FE type mission with this, or even a small story arc. Let your minds run loose.

Please don't do the scan elements around some rock and then move on. Make them lot better than those horrible hash missions.

One mini-mission I liked, that could be classed as exploration, was that one with Dr. Yoc'm, who has you take on that cargo that turns out to be a biohazard and you have to figure out how to save your crew. Not only did I have to think about it, I wanted to punch the irresponsible doc for what he had done.

My fear here though is that if you do exploration, you will be ripped off of XP. :-/ Also, my other fear is quality control.

Again, I think you will actually be able to control better what quality you get by voting for the Foundry. You can read the mission description--heck, even the quality of grammar in the explanation, not to mention the content and the ratings for what type of mission it is, gives more confidence before going in that you are not wasting your time doing something you don't want to. You get to be in the QC seat.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    cororotcororot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's possible the end-game it's really THE END GAME ???????? TO BE OR NOT TO BE ?????
This discussion has been closed.