What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Command Ships!

Comments

• Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No. These ships aren't good looking, either. That, and it has become far too expensive to buy ships anymore, ESPECIALLY at end game. I can't justify the cost. Sorry guys. I'd like to, but... no. If you're going to raise the cost of ships, you need to lower the cost elsewhere by a LOT!
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    they would have to be fleet level, with 11 console. no 3 pack/9 pack ship has been sold thats less then fleet level.

im starting to wonder if fleet tier6 is ever even going to happen though

I really don't want that to happen. It's too expensiva as is to get regular T6 or a Fleet T5U.
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well at least you did 3 ships for each side this time. :)

Still think you should add ships to Delta package though to make each side have same amount of ships there first . :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't you think Cryptic devs that there are more important other priority than making new ships that majority of players don't care about ?

Like fixing dam bugs that exist for months !!!

You are really doing everything to make your player base leave expecting that new players will come and spend more $$$ into the game. Of course the long time players don't put $$$ anymore as you are destroying the game months after months and disapointing majority of us.

keep going and the last ones that gives you $$$ will also disappear soon.
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The KDF Battle cruisers look like someone decided to get payback on the KDF for all the comments about Federation ships looking ugly. Just saying.

I stopped reading at this point... because this sums up my impressions. The Fed ships are nice, the Rom ships are nice, the KDF ships are... not so much. Maybe it's the angle, but those things look awkward and misproportioned to me... and that wedge-head is really not my cup of tea (Earl Grey, hot). The ability to mix and match bits and pieces might help... plus, the "ugly" Federation ships also had the best Starship Traits, so maybe the KDF will get something to make Reciprocity look balanced by comparison?

Otherwise... kind of disappointed that my two favorite Cruiser Commands are missing, really not sure about the Inspiration mechanic, and of course there's the whole "not finished with Intel, much less ready to start Command" thing (both in my progress and your ship offerings), but...

At least there are balanced offerings this time! If nothing else, thank you for that. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All the ships look very bad, mainly the Klingons.
    The Klingon ships look like a whole mess of Lego blocks put together, lol! The Fed ships aren't that pretty either, really lack a lot in design and style to me. The Romulan is probably the only ones that look decent.

What you guys should of done is gotten the same artist that created the Kobali Samsar Cruiser and have him design all of these (except for the Romulan set)... Just for the look alone I ain't buying any of them at all regardless what they offer, sadly.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't you think Cryptic devs that there are more important other priority than making new ships that majority of players don't care about ?

Like fixing dam bugs that exist for months !!!

You are really doing everything to make your player base leave expecting that new players will come and spend more $$$ into the game. Of course the long time players don't put $$$ anymore as you are destroying the game months after months and disapointing majority of us.

keep going and the last ones that gives you $$$ will also disappear soon.

I believe this video sums up what your trying to say perfectly.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Even after they loaded, the flashing of them - how quickly they were zipping through - left me wishing I could stop it. :(

If you mouse-over the gifs they pause, which at least lets you get a good look at specific variations. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you mouse-over the gifs they pause, which at least lets you get a good look at specific variations. ;)

Nifty. I actually downloaded the Fed one so I could view the different frames in GIMP to get an idea of some of the options.
  • Options
    gorgothedreadful#6260 gorgothedreadful Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Two of them appear to be named "Concorde" and "Geneva". Can anyone make out the third Starfleet name?
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    davideight wrote: »
    as it is now, the ship looses 20% weaponcost reduction for solo content, but wont get any inspiration - cause solo - and thereby loose a lot of fun in solo gameplay.

If you actually read it a bit more carefully:
    This resource is built when anybody on your team activates a bridge officer ability. Command Bridge Officer abilities generate more Inspiration. To account for fewer players activating bridge officer abilities when on smaller teams or playing solo, you gain a bonus to Inspiration generation in these circumstances. That said, you will generally be able to generate Inspiration more quickly in a full team.

You will still build Inspiration/Leadership points, but it would only be slightly slower than if you were on a team (I'd assume the break-even point is a 3-man team).
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    @Cryptic
    Love the ship variant kit bashing GIFs. More of this pls.

I like the look of the fed and rom ships. The KDF however is a let down. No hammer head saucer section option??
    My main is KDF, however I do supremely love cruisers with flight decks, so as much as I don't like the looks of it, I might end up getting the KDF variant for the play style, not the looks.

Pricing is hideous for the lot. If the complete bundle was $80 - $100, I'd throw you the money, $120? No. As a result you may only be getting $60.

The inspiration stuff sounds cool. I like FDCs cause cruisers are kinda boring without a hanger. Giving me something a little extra to micro manage and benefit from sounds intriguing and fun.

Also, for future, please consider the Orion NPC dreadnaught (looks like a suped up Corsair) as a T6 KDF ship option.
    I totally missed it originally. They can't be Flight-Deck Cruisers...they can mount DCs. So much like the Eclipse Intel Cruiser was its own thing, these Command Battle Cruisers are their own thing
    I take it back - these aren't FDCs...they're their own thing. Tricky, Cryptic, tricky...I'll get you next time!

It's a cruiser, with a flight deck...

If there's sufficient tac boff (at least 3 tac boff abilities) seating you could argue they're actually called "Flight Deck Battle Cruisers" = FDC with DHC capability?
    I want to use Breen Fighters and Elachi Shuttles on them. I still don't get why they won't make the Elite versions able to do that. They already nerfed the Pets; so no real gamebreaker there.
    I agree. Frigates should be mother ship bound, fighters/shuttles should be usable on any/all ships with hangers. Stifles build customisation.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I likey,

I hope some of those custom algorythms will be made to be fully backwards compatible with the existing ships - imagine the designs/monstrosities.

Why does the KDF moan about lack of Sci ships- They are not a particularly scientific race:
    Mr Klingon, could you delicately TRIBBLE this into that wall? FETCH ME THAT SLEDGEHAMMER!

They do have a few carriers however with some decent ranking sci slots though, I loved my Vo'Quv and lets not forget the universal boff slots.

My Rommie may even park his Scimitar for a shiney new boat.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Curse cryptic and their nifty new Command ships. I have access to more ships than I can have character slots already :/
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If your a kdf engineer buying the three pack is a must, that engi version is unpleasantly square ( being nice ).
  • Options
    zechszechs Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    she needs a 2 Hangar Bay at lest so we can replace the Carrier Caitian Atrox and the 5U Atrox if not there's no point buying it

Plz get is right this time STO
  • Options
    lestrallestral Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All the pretty effects in the world can be put into these new ships but in the end its all down to the stats. Does it have at least 5 weapon slots in the front and 4 in the back? At least 4 to 5 engineering console slots? At least 4 to 5 tactical console slots? At least 3 to 4 sci console slots? When loaded with end-game mark 14 equipment sets, does the hull end up in the 80K to 100K range? Can we get mission DPS results on parsers that end up in the 15K to 20K range? What boff slots does it have and how many of them are commander rank? Basically show us the numbers and then we'll see if your wasting our time with this or not...
  • Options
    daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More ships wonderful :), no ship slots left and cannot buy anymore is a pile of ship :mad:!! Devs we need more ship slots before extra ships being added to the game please :)
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    daddytrek wrote: »
    More ships wonderful :), no ship slots left and cannot buy anymore is a pile of ship :mad:!! Devs we need more ship slots before extra ships being added to the game please :)

We have enough already, they already increased it once for free. So.... you have a few options:

1. Buy even more ship slots
    2. Discard a ship you don't use anymore to free up a ship slot
    3. Make a new character
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I sincerely hope its the angle that makes those KDF ships look a bit... odd. I still might end up buying it like I did the Bortas pack.. if only to support the KDF faction (my main is KDF)

Still waiting for that elusive K'Vort tho ... come now, would you not want to fly a BoP the size of the Galaxy class :D

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Have sat there until I started getting motion sickness from the animated gif...

...and imho, this is the best looking variant without being able to select the parts personally: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/53/e0/53e0b44109d74c777c89fc5f42555f391423276321.png

There are other ideas there, from parts I didn't see selected, wondering if those could go together...
  • Options
    daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We have enough already, they already increased it once for free. So.... you have a few options:

1. Buy even more ship slots
    2. Discard a ship you don't use anymore to free up a ship slot
    3. Make a new character

Thanks for the advice. I don't have enough already!! I paid for my extra ship slot spaces they were not free!!!

1. At my ship space limit.
    2. Buy ships to then discard them ok.
    3. I have other characters with too little ship spaces.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,428 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can't say the design or abilities of these ships appeal to me, but to each their own.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    starblade7starblade7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hfmudd wrote: »
    I understand why the Guardian couldn't have a Command seat when it first came out - because Command didn't exist yet as a specialization - but doesn't it make much more sense to have one of those instead of an Intel slot? Make it so.

This is an excellent suggestion. The non-Intel / non-Command ships that have already been released really need to be updated to allow both types of hybrid BOffs to be slotted. If that were to happen, I'd probably buy the Guardian (and I thought I swore never to spend another cent on the game).
    Forget the possibility of PvP, for so much has become pay-to-win, never to be balanced. Forget the promise of exploration and research, for in the grim dark future of Star Trek Online there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting publishers.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the blog and welcome to the new Art Lead for STO.

The Rom ships look great. The Fed ships look better now from these angles. Kdf ones are meh.
    Love the new high res gifs. Much appreciated. Kudos to the design ship team, they did a great job.
    Looking forward for the new upcoming blogs about the stats.

But..., and this has nothing to do with the ship designs, why bother even releasing new ships if you cut off your majority of your playerbase from space queues via too high difficulty and very harsh fail conditions?:confused: I mean the queues are (still) dead, even with a dil bonus...
  • Options
    andykirkhamandykirkham Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd actually like to thank Cryptic for listening to the player base when the Intel Ships were released for Delta Rising.

We had 4 problems (once the FED hull colour options were fixed):

1 - FED Nacelle shapes
    2 - FED Nacelle colours
    3 - FED Having to buy all three to customise
    4 - Only 1 ship each for Rom/KDF

And I take exception to some of the negative feedback out there when in fact these have been solved:

1 - Multiple nacelle combinations and configurations with different geometries
    2 - Upper and lower parts of nacelles seemingly vary as do the colour options to suit players
    3 - Only two needed to interchange parts
    4 - x3 ships per faction as well as 1 for Kobali

Personally I think the ships look great and while that elongated aft star-drive section is definitely not for everyone, these are sleek starships that actually look like they ought to be in the early 25th century. (Ambassador-in-bad-fancy-dress-Guardian, I'm talking to you).

So if you don't like them, keep your existing ships. If you're loaded, buy them for the traits (if you really need more traits). And please show some consideration for the developers who really worked hard and these and it's clear to many of us that they have.

However... seriously we need more missions revamping to lv 60 xp. I know your thinking of taking away Argala grinding but that's not the solution. You need to add more missions that are similar in reward/time but more varied content. Also whatever xp sources you think we have, are either not rewarding enough or aren't being promoted well enough because starship parking space prices over argala are through the roof at the moment ;)

And as ever, kidding and ranting aside, I love the game. Always have. Always will.
    Live Long and Prosper.
  • Options
    atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Awesome work, I can't wait to get my hands on them!:)
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Doh, Virus got schooled! :eek:

And the reason the Avenger & Mogh were more expensive, was they were the first 5 front weapons for the Fed & KDf, and also th efirst ships with Cruiser Commands.

And ye .. the pack is "cheap"... coz u pay 12.000 zen for 9 ships , thats 1333.33 zen per ship ...
    That's a fair "bulk" discount for some extra ship options ... and here's to hoping they will be nice & fun to fly with ... So ship price is like ... 3000 single, 2000 in 3-pack and 1334 in 9-pack

I am with all to think i like the Romulan warbirds the best .... but saying the kdf versions are the ugliest they ever saw ... i dont share that vision .... especially not from the pic in the blog ...

I will see what it does ingame ... and base my judgement on that ... coz ... tbh .. there are alot more "odd shapes" and wing structures on other ships in the game, which make alot less sense than what they did with the kdf ships.

Aside from that, i hope the consoles are interesting enough to have them equiped, coz tbh .. i only use those consoles from the other packs when i feel i need to do some out-of-the-box playstyle.