Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Command Ships!

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm liking the return of more interchangeable ship parts on the new ships. I know some players were lamenting their disappearance from most of the new ships over the last couple years.

Also, nice touch with the pausing image rotation when you hover the cursor over them.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I do like most of their designs, all except the klingon engi, but nothing to put my intel ships into drydock for.
    2 lt.cmdr. seats simply is way better than 3 lt seats. So while others jump onto the new shiny I'll just wait for the fleet eclipse/qib/faeht and prepare the dil for their modules.;)
  • Options
    ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    If any of these ships had a Commander level Science Station, I'd get one (I like my GW3).

But since it doesn't (not even the Science oriented one), I'll pass.

This is exactly what I said too, in another thread. its such a deal breaker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • Options
    mewmewgrrlmewmewgrrl Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Having been using some of the new Command abilities on the newest Lobi Store T6 ship, I can say that they are pretty interesting and different. I'm finding most of them much more useful than the Intelligence set and would love to get these new ships coming out that will have access to all of them.

I especially like how the Command set has some abilities that you have to do special things, like following certain markers in space to get the boosts and buff spots you need to go in and stay in so you need to pay more attention to where you're moving to get the full benefits of some of the stuff.

For the upcoming ships they're releasing, it does feel like there are less differences between them than ever. They're definitely "Command" ships but it feels like with every release that the main three classes are becoming less and less different. It would have been nice if each of the ship types main Commander slot would have been unique for each of them instead of having them all be Engineer / Command. While buying them you are probably going to use the Commander abilities only, there isn't really a reason why they couldn't have made the other ships Science / Command and Tactical / Command and it would have given more options and felt a tiny bit more specialized.
  • Options
    ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mewmewgrrl wrote: »
    For the upcoming ships they're releasing, it does feel like there are less differences between them than ever. They're definitely "Command" ships but it feels like with every release that the main three classes are becoming less and less different. It would have been nice if each of the ship types main Commander slot would have been unique for each of them instead of having them all be Engineer / Command. While buying them you are probably going to use the Commander abilities only, there isn't really a reason why they couldn't have made the other ships Science / Command and Tactical / Command and it would have given more options and felt a tiny bit more specialized.

Definitely agree with this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Technically, Fuzzy Modem did as part of the Design the next Enterprise competition. Here is his entry. A YT vid of his if you need.

There's a list somewhere of other entrants' designs being turned into STO ships.

Edit:
    2nd place became the Avenger.

4th place became the Chimera.

What? Who?

The details on this 'Fuzzy Modems' ship look nothing like any of the new ships apart from the fact Federation ships all look like that.

If you asked anyone here to mock up a quick drawing of a new enterprise, guess what? They would all have nacelles, a saucer, a neck, and a hull.

Dont take credit from the actual person who designed these ships, not some random. They look awesome, despite what people may think about the game content itself.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My issue is these ships are all full fleet T6 equivalent like the new lockbox ships, yet the intel ships are still standard T6 with only 10 consoles. Where is the logic in that?
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    tragamitestragamites Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am all for new ships but you MUST maintain the serviceability of the T5U "specialty" ships. Increase the upgrade system from T5U to a T6S(imilar) and then T6U(nder fleet) ships so they can keep being used as these ships cost real money to buy.

T5 does not ever need to obtain a T5 trait as the one major draw back from using an upgrade to a T6 ship.

T6S gives slight increase to stats and adds a BOff seat. Must be T5U to upgrade.

T6U gives increas to stats and what ever increase comes with T6 Fleet (Console?) Must be a T6S to upgrade.

Or add ship specializations where you buff your ship via Command(All), Research (F,R), Tactics (F,K), Reconnaissance (F), Deception (R), Battle (K), and Diversionary (R,K). These would establish a specialized role for your ship to play. Maybe your ship is more geared toward the element of suprise, or more on exotic damaging abilities, or maybe your ship just a stright up tank that can shield your fleet from enemy attacks.

If you took the ship specialization method then I would suggest the T5U recieve more points to distribute than the T6 ships as the crew of these ship have had longer to get to know the ship and its capabilities. They may have even been able to modify it some which adds to is effectiveness.

I feel like the ships for cash need to be maintained as capable endgame ships. These include all current T5U varients.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Oddyssey-class Enterprise in STO is supposed to be the Flagship of the Federation. That means that every ship looks to the Enterprise to set the standard for the fleet. The Oddyssey-class should be more powerful than other Federation starships. As it stands now, the Oddyssey-class has been knocked down to be an average end-game ship. The Oddyssey ships should be bumped up to having Intel/Command options and a shuttle bay like the T6 and Fleet ships. :(
  • Options
    elderdrake123elderdrake123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thinking of returning to the the game after a hiatus and I have a question for the community. I upgraded my Scimitars but was underwhelmed by the new DR update so just went on break again. My Stipend will knock a bit off but is the Rommie 3-Pack worth it over my Scimitar T5Us or should I just save my money?

I could care less about buying the ships just for them as PWE/Cryptic has made enough off of me in the early years when I thought that way (just in time for the T6s brought by DR...ahh yeah). I just want to know how good they are raw stat and end game wise. I looked at the numbers but I trust the experienced people here more than any stat sheet. Thank you for any advice and information ahead of time.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thinking of returning to the the game after a hiatus and I have a question for the community. I upgraded my Scimitars but was underwhelmed by the new DR update so just went on break again. My Stipend will knock a bit off but is the Rommie 3-Pack worth it over my Scimitar T5Us or should I just save my money?

I could care less about buying the ships just for them as PWE/Cryptic has made enough off of me in the early years when I thought that way (just in time for the T6s brought by DR...ahh yeah). I just want to know how good they are raw stat and end game wise. I looked at the numbers but I trust the experienced people here more than any stat sheet. Thank you for any advice and information ahead of time.

Scimitar is still superior to all these ships. In all honesty these ships are only of interest to the players that a) like the way these ships look or b) wanna play around with the new command powers, which are imo pretty underwhelming.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    didz119didz119 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The T6 Command Cruises look really great and cool, for me to get the Fed bundle pack i would have to spend 2 to 3 months over four characters to get the 1,000,000 Dill to get 6000 Zen. I'm willing to do it, i'm just asking if you could ether help me in some way or if i could get something for free in some shape or form. If you could do this i would be much appreciated.

From Didz119
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Oddyssey-class Enterprise in STO is supposed to be the Flagship of the Federation. That means that every ship looks to the Enterprise to set the standard for the fleet. The Oddyssey-class should be more powerful than other Federation starships. As it stands now, the Oddyssey-class has been knocked down to be an average end-game ship. The Oddyssey ships should be bumped up to having Intel/Command options and a shuttle bay like the T6 and Fleet ships. :(

I do love my Odyssey, but if you think about it, a flagship merely means that it's the COMMAND ship of the fleet. It's where the Admirals flag is. Nothing more. It doesn't mean it's the most powerful ship in the fleet (even though that's often the case).

As is, the Oddy is a very powerful starship capable of great DPS and is still among the tankiest of ships the feds have. Built right it's almost indestructible for all intents and purposes (I actually can't remember the last time my Oddy got nova'd outside of PvP. It's been that long), while still putting out great damage numbers.

I can understand your love for the Oddy and desire for it to be the top dog. But what you're proposing is a tad... much.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do these come with unique bridges like the Odyssey-class?
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kylelocke wrote: »
    Do these come with unique bridges like the Odyssey-class?

No they are as plain on the inside as a regular tier 1 ship :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bought them, played around with one... May actually end up going back to my Dyson on my Science toon. Haven't played engineer-toon with one yet, though I can see some potential there.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    No they are as plain on the inside as a regular tier 1 ship :mad:

That's ashame I would've liked to see a new bridge..
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • Options
    furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Re: New bridge
    I'm sure they are going to release one, once they make as money as they can off the command ships so say in 3-4 months for 1,000 Zen for some poorly off colored / textured packs that make all your boffs sit though the floor ..
    One of my complaints about the new CC ships is the slow gain of insperation . If they could doff it by 5% or so, that would be nice
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    furlong359 wrote: »
    Re: New bridge
    I'm sure they are going to release one, once they make as money as they can off the command ships so say in 3-4 months for 1,000 Zen for some poorly off colored / textured packs that make all your boffs sit though the floor ..
    One of my complaints about the new CC ships is the slow gain of insperation . If they could doff it by 5% or so, that would be nice

I could list all the things wrong with the current bridges, but I am not because not only is this not the place but I am also trying to remain hopeful and positive (which some would argue not too). But I would like to say that I was expecting the command ships to be similar in size to their faction's flagships.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    [Admiral Dougherty]Send your ships...[/Admiral Dougherty]
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After achieving level 5 in the Presidio, Ty’Gokor or Vastam Class Command ship’s starship mastery, you will unlock the All Hands on Deck starship trait. While this trait is slotted, activating a Tactical or Command Bridge Officer ability will reduce the recharge time of Science Bridge Officer and Captain abilities. This may only occur once every few seconds.

Is it just me, or does this stand out to anyone else?
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All three KDF ships are bow-to-stern hideous-looking. I'd sooner command the barge to Gre'thor.

Can we just have T6 versions of the K'tinga, Vor'cha, and Negh'var already?

Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)