What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BOff Training System Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nelen Exile does only use the original skills when in intel/science station on the experimental science vessel.

When I move him to the normal science station he get the newly trained skill I set to default though.

Have not yet tried it on another Boff since my game client crashed for like 60th time since 5th anniversary went live. :rolleyes:

Perhaps we should rename servers to "Beta testing" for Holodeck and "Alfa testing" for Tribble. :P

Edit: One of my other science officers went default in that slot as well, but the Science/Intel officer seem to be able to use none default skill though.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just reporting I tried to craft Emergency Power to Auxiliary 3, but both times the project finished by itself, disappeared from craft queue with out me clicking anything and I did not receive the manual or PADDs back.

It's a black hole to throw dili down atm, stay away until fixed.

Aye, confirmed; just had the same thing happen.

[System] Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,158,051.

Captain Smirk, as the thread starter, would you care to attempt this, confirm it, and "escalate" it back to the devs for a fix? :)
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    josephskirkjosephskirk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Confirming, what others have already told you:
    1. Officers can be trained in different BOFFs...on Defaults TRIBBLE Ablities can be changed in Skills...
    but
    2. on Stations skills are written on their own accord...not in order of Defaults
    3. in Ship menu of available skills for use on ship they have also not changed...
    without setting the proper skills, NO MISSION can be made useful...'cause you can't call for the Engineering team to fix the ship inside the combat (example)...

This is up to dev to figure it out and work it!
    Until it's done...I for one, won't be playing the game...so right now I'm just making R&D development...& Assignments also!
  • Options
    josephskirkjosephskirk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Confirming, what others have already told you:
    1. Officers can be trained in different BOFFs...on Defaults TRIBBLE Ablities can be changed in Skills...
    but
    2. on Stations skills are written on their own accord...not in order of Defaults
    3. in Ship menu of available skills for use on ship they have also not changed...
    without setting the proper skills, NO MISSION can be made useful...'cause you can't call for the Engineering team to fix the ship inside the combat (example)...

This is up to dev to figure it out and work it!
    Until it's done...I for one, won't be playing the game...so right now I'm just making R&D development...& Assignments also!

Figured it out...but it's a damn long procedure:
    1. make what skills you want to learn!
    2. define Default Abilities in Skills!
    3. go to Stations...remove the Offices from console...& move it back!
    4. now You got all thing in order!

Devs: please make this automatic, when we shift Default Abilities.

thnx
  • Options
    shuminshumin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can train my tac/intel boff from the delta rising boff pack in new intel skills no problem but I cant train in any tac skills. The window comes up, hit ok and nothing happens, I still have all expertise and the skill book.

Given that I'm using the Matha raptor which has tac only seats this is very irritating. I've tried deleting the boffs and opening a new box, no effect.

Any ideas on a work around?

I've only tried to reskill this boff from the pack, I have better alternatives to the other 2 from the pack and don't have free boff slots to be experimenting.

On a seperate but boff training related theme. My Kobali command/engineer from the anniversary mission can be trained in any skill but the default skill can't be changed on the skills tab and the active skill on the stations->change abilities ticked tab does not function for this boff.

This unable to alter skills with change abilities also affects the delta pack intel boff. but on the skills tab default abilities can be altered.

Same thing happens with my Vulcan Intel/Science from the Delta pack.
    I want him for the efficient trait, not for the intel skills :(
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can still see where this new BOFF system will be a benefit in the long-run, but so far I'm not a fan.

You reset & took away some of my BOFFs' skills I had worked to get to only create the scenario where now I have to retrain & spend more resources to acquire them again.

Let alone that can affect the efficiency of players' builds, which you want us to spend more $ to redo our skills because you changed your mind, not the players, & hinder game-play of players.

It feels more like subtle coercion since you didn't implement this BOFF change to allow our current skill sets to remain as they were.

As I stated, I can still see where this will be a good system, I think it's interface is superior to the old system, but the iron-fisted method of execution isn't very player-friendly.

What to do about all my previous skills I had already & why didn't Cryptic allow those to remain.

I still haven't figured out how to move a BOFF from this new roster into mail or onto the Exchange yet. I'll admit I haven't finished reading yet either.

Seems like more & more of these patches are changing things to hopefully improve the quality of the game too, but also to cause a time-sink or resource-sink.

Era of the nickel & diming STO.
  • Options
    zelklenforumzelklenforum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is no longer any way for your BOFFs to acquire Cannon: Scatter Volley 3.
    Tactical Captains cannot create the manual, BOFFs cannot train other BOFFs in it (due to the change to manuals) and the skill trainer will not train it.
    You can still buy BOFFs who have it, there is just no way to train it.

The same is true about Beam : Overload 3.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Skills randomly change which one is active. Have to check ground skills constantly for every BO anytime we do an away mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flagship1stfleetflagship1stfleet Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello,I am having a problem with my bridge officers. When I open one of my char. and look at the ship buttons there are blank. Looking at the stations and there is noboby there so I go to assign them only to find that all thier skills have changed too! Ground skills [example no phroton gernade it last slot and something else is there.Space, what happened to my fire at will? So I go to the trainer at Earth station and tried to get them retrained. Finding a new system there. I can see the possibilty of finding manuals in differant places but; for now I am having problems trainning them. On one of them I bought a manual for proton gernade 2 placed it in the skills spot and clicked the right place and it din't do anything. Another thing is I don't seem to be able to get the same skills that I had before. They are not listed, like emergancy power to shields 2 for example. instead it is power to axeillery, maybe it's the same thing but I cannot find out because it wont go eather.Well I guess the trainning school from the old systen is overwith. now you buy them a book to read,. LOL Another thing howcome it only goes up lev 2 where there is a place for lev 3 items? I have a great spot listed for emergancy power to structure but not listed. Where would you get something like that. Thanks
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bareel wrote: »
    I finally got around to claiming the delta operations pack intelligence bridge officers on my romulan character. They are unable to learn any skills for their 'base' profession and can only learn intelligence abilities.

The boffs claimed before this revamp are working normally.

Someone else reported this bug:

Unable to train Delta Pack Boffs. *and more*

See also:

Intelligence BOFF pacifists, sorta
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    entrancedandrewentrancedandrew Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    frtoaster wrote: »

Still waiting for this to be fixed. Disappointing that it's taking this long, its a pretty ridiculous bug considering it's a premium product.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    sufrea wrote: »
    Emergency Power to Auxilary 3 doesn't come out of R&D crafting.

Queueing the action in R&D consumes a PADD and a slot for crafting, except the icon/description for what's being crafting is blank. Waiting 30s for the item to finish on the description screen (and then clickng "Collect Resut") produces nothing. Exiting the description screen with automatically remove the queue'd crafting from the R&D listing with no items gained, no buttons clicked.

I've attempted to make this ability 3 times, exact same problem each time. Emergency Power to Weapons 3 was successfully created, no problems.

I've attempted this action only on a KDF toon. Said toon has 9 ranks of Starship Auxillary Performance.

Toon's name: Isunno
    Location where attempted: DS9

I've verified that this project is broken. I've written up the issue and sent it on to be fixed. Thanks for the report.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    frtoaster wrote: »

I've been unable to reproduce either issue. Can those with this issue please let me know the name@handle of the affected character, and which Boff(s) cannot be trained and/or won't fight?
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been unable to reproduce either issue. Can those with this issue please let me know the name@handle of the affected character, and which Boff(s) cannot be trained and/or won't fight?

Sin'Zha@kreael
    Boffs unable to train
    OIC-Eng
    Eight
    OI-Tac

They are currently only trained in Intelligence abilities and I think that is part of the problem.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the problem with unslotting boff abilities is still happening. it's mostly the ground abilities since i somehow managed to stabilize the space ones, possibly with the loadout save+load trick. very often i notice the boff's ground abilities change to the same exact thing on every character. it's mostly the ones who have several, or even all boff trainer-available abilities unlocked.

for example, my tac boff (elisa flores in this case, but this happens to every tac boff affected by it) keeps forgetting abilities set by me and resets to "draw fire 1, draw fire 2, fire on my mark 1, ambush 1." i never even used any of those abilities on boffs so they couldn't be going back to some old ability set.

engi boff gets "chroniton mine barrier 1, chroniton mine barrier 2, cover shield 1, combat supply 1". other than chroniton mine barrier 1, the other abilities were never slotted by me, so they couldn't have been remembered. again, happens on every affected boff of every character.

sci boff gets "hypospray - dylovene 1, hypospray - dylovene 2, hyperonic radiation 1, anesthizine gas 1".

it's always the exact same abilities, so it might be related to something like their id numbers. maybe for some reason the game doesn't send those to the server (or if it does, server doesn't reply with "ok, got the info stored, you can stop sending me the data now" type response if it has one), so when it asks for numbers it gets a whole lot of "lol i dunno, have a null" messages and defaults to 0 for everything.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    handofhensonhandofhenson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Unable to train Klingon tac intel boff from delta pack.

Dufme@handofhenson

Kosloss tac/intel - will train in intel skills only. Won't train in any tac skill i've tried. TT1 in inv, more in the bank. If I go onto stations tab I can change this boffs ground (intel only) active skills sometimes but not all of the time. I haven't worked out how to repeat this bug but if it does occur, logging out and back in again cures it.
  • Options
    plokoon456plokoon456 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I can't train my fed/rom characters engineering intel boff with engineering powers. None of the delta boffs ive had commissioned already before the anniversary patch on other characters have the problem just the officer i had join after the 1/29 patch.

character: Neral@deyos
  • Options
    alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015

All characters on my @Alairan account are affected and unable to train any of their Delta pack Boffs in Tac/Eng/Sci skills
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Delta Rising boffs not able to learn nonintel skills seems to be fixed on the character I've had the issue with. I haven't tried it on others yet, though.
    It was on Thraak Trihth@nepsthen. I was on the DS9 ground map when I checked to see if the issue was still present.

*Edit*
    Still broken for Delta Rising pack officers. The issue with Thraak, a regular Klingon science officer not being able to learn any new skills was fixed. Lymesh, the actual DR officer is still unable to learn science skills.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I too have suffered with this new BOFF system by losing skills I had already spent resources learning to only have those BOFF skills reset to default & for me to have to spend to relearn. This doesn't seem very player friendly at all.

Also, how about making a new BOFF system to where we can actually move our BOFFs around like we were able in the old system.

Crickey, do you all even test this stuff out before implementing a potential good system or begin believing your own hype & do lousy execution.
  • Options
    i8myhelli8myhell Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like the new icons though it will take some getting used to, but the losing my previously hard earned BOFF skills when all you would have had to do was code it to where I could have kept my previously set skills seems either lazy, poorly thought out, or on purpose to make me spend again to learn again those BOFF skills.

There's a ripple effect too that piloting a certain ship with a certain BOFF set up allows certain player skills to be placed at various amounts to try to be efficient.

They should have placed this new BOFF system without messing with players current BOFF skills.

They should allow us to move our BOFFs like we used to be able to like to mail & the Exchange.

Anytime they change the game that affects the ability of players' skills they should allow a complimentary respec of those players' skills.

In the last half year this game is sliding more & more into a nickel & dime grind away scenario.

That's not urging me to make more purchases but in fact making me feel like not supporting such restrictive efforts.

This new BOFF system probably will be a good idea but beginning it with taking away players' already earned efforts is bad form.
  • Options
    neteru3neteru3 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic's decision to not allow movement of the BOFFs is this a glitch or intended?

I understand them desiring to herd us towards a more spending resources crafting measure but taking away previously owned BOFF skills just seems ill spirited or poor communication.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    the problem with unslotting boff abilities is still happening. it's mostly the ground abilities .

same here. about everytime other time I beam down, I have skills reset. Seems to be effecting mostly "special" BOs but that could be coincidence. Like Tovan Khev keeps switching to back to lunge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Cannot train tactical team one on my hybrid intel/tac officer
    2. BOFF can be trained in the LT, LCDR, CDR slots but not ensign.
    3. Reslotted BOFFs in the seat and reassigned and it hasn't helped.
    4. Attempted in ESD and in ESD orbit.
    5. Flying the Scryer.
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fataiityx3 wrote: »
    I am unable to train boffs in higher level skills or Specializations on my two eldest characters (Fed Tac and Klink Tac) Everything seems to be working fine, but when I execute "Learn" it gives the correct message of how many Exp points it will cost, then nothing happens.

I tested on all 4 of my characters, both my newer Fed Sci and Rom Tac have no problems at all training boffs in skills or specializations.

This bug needs to be fixed ASAP, I have currently shelved both my bugged characters and one of them happens to be my main, very disappointing.

This is the same problem I am having, My BOFF (a Tactical Intel Boff) will not learn any of the level 1,2, or 3 and I am assuming 4 boff skills. I have the appropriate training manuals buts the Poster that I quotes says "nothing happens"
  • Options
    entrancedandrewentrancedandrew Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Ice@entrancedandrew

Boffs:

Rarer
    S'Hek
    Twenty
  • Options
    matthewh01matthewh01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Character Name: Kamatra@matthewh01

BoFFs affected: Zdanek (can't train DPB3), Bil'eth (can't train ET1, Aux2SIF1) and Fourteen.

EDIT: Dismissed those BoFFs, re-claimed new ones from the C-store, same problem

New BoFFs: Tefefas (can't Train DPB1), Lihih (can't Train ET1), Three (can't Train TSS2)
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My Intel Boffs on one alt can not be trained, but I could train them on some other alts.

My Command Boff can be trained but as soon as I beam down somewhere all command skills are replaced with engineer skills.

This 5th anniversary with all changes have been just a big fiasco. :rolleyes:

Did you at Cryptic test it at all before introducing all its bug on live server, or did you think you could just as well beta test it on the live server? :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    xaviermace86xaviermace86 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Character: Keilia@XavierMace
    Officer: B'narek.

Tactical Intelligence Officer, can't train in any regular tac skills. Tried 4 different skills. Works fine on one of my other characters.
  • Options
    timicin001timicin001 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Cannot train tactical team one on my hybrid intel/tac officer.

Same problem happening to all Delta pack Intel Boffs that were opened/assigned to roster after update.

Have reported the bug through standard system but am unable to see any bug reported listed, so I have nothing to lose by posting it here.
This discussion has been closed.