test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOff Training System Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OK I cant tell now if skills changed or not anymore. I had some time to deal with a crew this morning that had been messed up. It seemed like one officer now had a skill he didn't have the other day but its too hard to keep track...

but regardless, my issue was actually that it had put BOs in the wrong stations when the system hit. So one BO had the "wrong" skills because he was supposed to be in the Ensign station.

So I am more or less "working as intended" now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    crowley875 wrote: »
    I don't know if this problem has already been reported before, but I will post it as I'm not bothered to read through the entire thread.

With this new boff system I managed to get all of my skills back as they were. I took 4 new boffs to my crew that I'm using now as my standard away team. I trained and slotted them the skills I want them to use. But sometimes on map change, it randomly decides to replace the slotted skills for skills I don't want them to use. So far this only has happened to the Ground abilities. Space seemed to be unaffected.

For example: I trained one of them Plasma Grenade II on the Commander rank slot, and Suppressing Fire II on the Lt. Commander slot. When I change map, Ambush I is suddenly on the Commander rank slot, and Stealth Module I on the Lt. Commander rank slot. This also happens to other Boffs on the away team. Almost on each map change I'm busy putting the skills back the way they are supposed to be.

This is extremely frustrating. Please fix this. And if you're telling me that this is "working as intended" then still, I will be the one who decides what skills my boffs use. Not you Cryptic.

Ticket ID: #3,137,308.

doesn't that sound oddly like the Tray, Load-Out, Doff Roster bug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    and my boffs are once more routinely unslotting aka going awol, and when I reslot them I need to reselect their proper powers. this only started really happening frequently once more after the boff training revamp was pushed live.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • xtremextekxtremextek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    None of the Bridge officers i received from the Zen Store's Delta Rising Bridge officers pack will train in their non intel abilities. Meaning that the Science BOFF will not train science abilities but will train Intel abilities. This is on my Federation aligned Romulan character. I have the training manuals as well as the skill points required to be able to train them in that particular ability.
  • rcellomanrcelloman Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    B47, Sybog and Kal-El are Sci Characters.
    Bogle and Leon are Tactical
    Galen and Dash are Engineers.

I fly the Dyson ships - so in reality ALL my characters have Cmdr. Sci officers that use Gravity Well III.

All my Science Cmdrs. are UNable to use Gravity Well III 'after' the new bridge officer training program was installed with the fun STO Anniversay 5.

I had all BO abilities before the update(s) knowing that they would be their SPACE DEFAULT abilities. All BO's Space n Ground defaults were filled up with training points and they do show onscreen.

What I mean exactly is: I cannot find/see GW III in the 'Available Skills - Drag To Tray' box to my resource(s) - the icon for GW III is not in the available skills!

I've tried another officer in the slot - still No Gravity III, I can 'see' the ability when I click on it and it shows up in bold in a box under Commander drop down button and can see the icon in the Space Default abilities.

After sending the above to Support (the people who do send you an email back in response) before posting here and not having put in an 'ingame' bug report, went back in game, changed chars and there it was - GWIII was showed up in the Tray and in the Drag to Tray box! Perhaps someone(s) worked the issue out behind the scenes - just lucky timing!

A number of times in the past the day I put in a request - I go back into game to see things fixed!

Thanks to all who work so fast to try to help us.

'Patience Luke! Trust in the Force!' - Obi-Wan Kanobi. (am not a Star Wars Fan)

rcelloman
    @celloman
  • plokoon456plokoon456 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've tried training my Federation aligned Romulan Engineering/Intelligence boff i got with the Delta Operations pack. They can't be trained with engineering manuals but they they can learn the intel manuals.

Hope this info reaches you Cryptic and contributes to the problems solution.
  • entrancedandrewentrancedandrew Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can confirm that the C-Store Intel boffs cannot be trained in non-intel boff abilites.

I hope this gets fixed quickly.
  • losoballosobal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xtremextek wrote: »
    None of the Bridge officers i received from the Zen Store's Delta Rising Bridge officers pack will train in their non intel abilities. Meaning that the Science BOFF will not train science abilities but will train Intel abilities. This is on my Federation aligned Romulan character. I have the training manuals as well as the skill points required to be able to train them in that particular ability.

Ditto on the problem.
  • redaranredaran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I recently tried to change out one of my BOFF's skills.
    Bought the book for the skill I wanted to change to, changed the skill on the BOFF, but it fails to show up as the new skill!
    It still shows as the old one I wanted to replace!
    C'mon guys and gals!
    5 years is great but all these glitches during this anniversary doesn't look good!
    The old training system worked better than this!
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!:mad:
  • yadrinhyadrinh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I am having this same issue. I tried on the Tac/Eng and Sci officers from the pack. I can only train them with intel skills and not their primary specialization. Please fix this.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ah so that's why I can't find any Emergency power to Auxiliary 3 manuals on the exchange! They can't be crafted.
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Torpedo Spread 3 skill cannot be crafted.

2. Correction for Intel BOFFS from DR pack: if they were already trained in their respective ability (tac, or eng) they can be retrained using the manual. If they only have intel abilities equipped they cannot be trained using the manual.

please fix.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As I stated in the Tribble feedback thread. In plenty of time. Before the system went live:
    In the Bridge Officer Training store, there's no way of finding out what the new abilities do before purchasing them.

-K
  • onethousandsonsonethousandsons Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if this has already been posted, but:

On the GROUND (or default away team stations), all 4 of a boff's skills appear by their name (and appear to be usable) regardless of their rank. (So, for example, a Lt. rank boff will still show their Lt. Cmdr. and Cmdr. skills when on a ground map, but they cannot use them and there is no indicator that they cannot be used).

Probably should grey those out or have them not appear.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Here's the feedback:

I already had all the high-end skills. They are now gone.

If you are incapable of changing a system without having it break, Do Not Change What's Not Broken. Especially since it ends up breaking as a result.

I don't need and will not retrain my boffs. My playing is now dependent upon your fixing the system so I do not have to retrain everything. I will not continually repair all my toons while your development team keep fiddling with mechanics that don't need to be changed.

End of discussion.

+1

Abilities I trained over 2 years ago are now gone on my bof's. Not only that, ability tray was cleared, and all bof's were unseated on 1 toon. Is this they way Cryptic is attempting to increase playtime- by forcing players to rebuild their ship and crew abilities from scratch ?

"after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that your new system sucks"
    -General Berenger (Wargames movie)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    ^Should look in the station window. It's very possible your boffs have memorized your high end abilities and you do not need to retrain or cryptic to fix anything.

1- select the boff in question
    2- to your right, there should be an option to checkmark "change abilities"
    3- click the abilities you wanna switch out.
    4- the abilities the boff has memorized should be listed right underneath.
    5- repeat until satisfied

I can't guarantee it will work for you, but it has worked for me so it's definitely worth a try. It's also very new way of handling boff abilities. Take your time.

I did find all this, but to be blunt, with 9 toons and around 15 boffs on each, this is still a huge annoyance and inconvenience, just not an expense (which I would not have worn in any case).

The sentiment remains even if the technical details change.
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Delta Rising Bridge Officers can't train normal abilities in their respected class.

Is it me or should it be so that you can turn specialties on and off? Maybe the Delta Pack ones are hardwired to be just Intelligence Officers and are unable to turn off their specialty for some reason. (pre-patch it was possible though)

Also, my new (Science, FED, Alien) Captain I recently made cannot train any of my current Bridge Officers either. Nor am I being prompted that I'm capable of teaching it. Like Emergency Power to Shields for example, and do have six points in the needed skill bar.

If I choose the option to train, it'll prompt me saying that I have no skills to teach.

That's all I've encountered so far.
    giphy.gif
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I constantly try to improve my builds and am open to suggestions. However, dear cryptic, I must inform you, that none of your suggestions actually improved my builds.
    Changing my BOff skills to cannon based when I am on a beam equipped ship simply doesn't work. It neither improves my damage output nor does it enhance my survivability.

I am also keen to point out that previous suggestions, such as removing engines or shields didn't excaclty improve my builds or playing experience either.

Dear cryptic, while I do appreciate your attempts to improve my builds, I urge you to not force them upon me without warning.

Please just leave my power trays, BOff skills and euqipment where it is and just write a message with your suggestions. I will think about them and may incorporate them if I find them suitable to my (sometimes laggy) playing style.
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • gunnygreenhilgunnygreenhil Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tried to craft aux to emergency battery III, as an enigineer captain, to train my boff, however I did not got the manual. Spend 3 padds with no result. The manual where not found in my inventory or R@D, also wasn't seeing the train function on my commander eng boff.
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello,

Chalk up one more who's having problems with the Dyson ships; in my case, the Klingon MoQ-class DSD. Like everyone else, neither of my Commander-level abilities show up to be dragged to the power tray. I'm sure also like everyone else, I'm a bit ticked off...

Later on,
    Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yep, having DSD issues here too. Commander level abilities aren't showing up for sci or tac regardless of mode.

Also, I have a tactical/command Boff with no Commander level space ability and no way to train one. Ground skills are working fine, but the Boff only has three space abilities.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Loadout bug causes boffs to reset back to different skills (so not only do you have to re-seat your boffs and drag powers onto the power tray you also have to select the correct skills)

Also, a seperate bug is sometimes when selecting a boff skill (eg trying to replace Torp HY I with Tac Team I) it will mess up higher level skills (like putting a CSV III in a Lt. slot) and also make top skills unselectable. The only workaround is to un-seat the boff (selecting nothing) and then re-seat it and try again.

Makes game unplayable as means 10 mins at least rearranging things every 3rd map transition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Odd and frustrating issue here. The three Intelligence officers that come with the Delta Rising pack, I cannot seem to train their respective career abilities on them. On the Tac/Intel officer, I can train its Intel abilities, but not its Tac abilities.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tried training the Intel/Eng officer from the Delta Ops pack with Emergency Power to Shields I (most basic first lvl skill I give to any engineer BOFF) but it will not consume the PADD to do it so I am stuck with an Intel only power selection and no Eng skills.

Bang up job, guys. Roll out as much as new stuff as possible without adequate testing or feedback because what could possibly go wrong, huh?
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just reporting I tried to craft Emergency Power to Auxiliary 3, but both times the project finished by itself, disappeared from craft queue with out me clicking anything and I did not receive the manual or PADDs back.

It's a black hole to throw dili down atm, stay away until fixed.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I finally got around to claiming the delta operations pack intelligence bridge officers on my romulan character. They are unable to learn any skills for their 'base' profession and can only learn intelligence abilities.

The boffs claimed before this revamp are working normally.
  • peptidespeptides Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I have this same issue, I am trying to upgrade my bridge officers to the intel boffs from the delta pack and train them. I buy them non-intel training books but it doesn't train them nor consume the book.
  • handofhensonhandofhenson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can train my tac/intel boff from the delta rising boff pack in new intel skills no problem but I cant train in any tac skills. The window comes up, hit ok and nothing happens, I still have all expertise and the skill book.

Given that I'm using the Matha raptor which has tac only seats this is very irritating. I've tried deleting the boffs and opening a new box, no effect.

Any ideas on a work around?

I've only tried to reskill this boff from the pack, I have better alternatives to the other 2 from the pack and don't have free boff slots to be experimenting.

On a seperate but boff training related theme. My Kobali command/engineer from the anniversary mission can be trained in any skill but the default skill can't be changed on the skills tab and the active skill on the stations->change abilities ticked tab does not function for this boff.

This unable to alter skills with change abilities also affects the delta pack intel boff. but on the skills tab default abilities can be altered.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nelen Exile does only use the original skills when in intel/science station on the experimental science vessel.

When I move him to the normal science station he get the newly trained skill I set to default though.

Have not yet tried it on another Boff since my game client crashed for like 60th time since 5th anniversary went live. :rolleyes:

Perhaps we should rename servers to "Beta testing" for Holodeck and "Alfa testing" for Tribble. :P

Edit: One of my other science officers went default in that slot as well, but the Science/Intel officer seem to be able to use none default skill though.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just reporting I tried to craft Emergency Power to Auxiliary 3, but both times the project finished by itself, disappeared from craft queue with out me clicking anything and I did not receive the manual or PADDs back.

It's a black hole to throw dili down atm, stay away until fixed.

Aye, confirmed; just had the same thing happen.

[System] Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,158,051.

Captain Smirk, as the thread starter, would you care to attempt this, confirm it, and "escalate" it back to the devs for a fix? :)
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
This discussion has been closed.