test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey everyone, wanna know a super easy way to boost your DPS?

12346»

Comments

• sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I loaded 3 of these upgraded to MK14 onto my fleet galaxy R to help compensate for it's lack of tactical consoles. (also using three MK 14 Beam+crit embassy consoles and all mk 12 fleet phasers) and I'm barely doing 15k in conduit total. I must be doing something wrong. I basically just wanted to have a canon looking Galaxy class that could be up to snuff with my romulan plasma running Sov.
  • flynn444flynn444 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Very interesting read, but now I'm bummed I burned fleet marks across all my toons on the spire tac [damage-type] consoles. Ah well, I'm not a hardcore player anyway...

In any case, I was curious what embassy console(s) folks would recommend for a sci captain running the Breen carrier, Rom rep plasma beams, the Rom Singularity Harness set, the Reman space set, and 3 +Pla tac locater consoles (room for 1 more tac console).
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    flynn444 wrote: »
    Very interesting read, but now I'm bummed I burned fleet marks across all my toons on the spire tac [damage-type] consoles. Ah well, I'm not a hardcore player anyway...

In any case, I was curious what embassy console(s) folks would recommend for a sci captain running the Breen carrier, Rom rep plasma beams, the Rom Singularity Harness set, the Reman space set, and 3 +Pla tac locater consoles (room for 1 more tac console).

if using leech... flow caps. it also boosts all your drains.

i dont recall seeing any exoc dmg consoles thou.
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's a question of whether the consoles proc at the same time, it's a question of the probability of the proc coming into play from multiple consoles.

The 2.5% to land 2, 3, 4, 5 DoTs...vs. 4.9% to land 2, 7.3% to land 3, 9.6% to land 4, and 11.9% to land 5.

There's no doubt that it's doing the multiples at the same time, whether that's intended or not would require a dev comment - not just that it is a case that it works that way. Everything works a certain way until it is changed.

Back when I asked about the dual procs, I never got the answer from Cryptic on whether it was 2.5% to land both procs or 4.9% to land both procs; because with dual procs both land at the same time.

That a single 2.5% roll could land multiple DoTs from the console would be an example of swingy...a potentially large effect from a roll from stacking them. If it's both increased probability and increased effect though...that's a mess.

Virus you sir kick TRIBBLE. I enjoy your posts every time I read them, information clearly displayed without bias.
    Here are a great many cookies and thanks for all the info I see in your posts. :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • alfiedonoalfiedono Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's, to my knowledge, the exact sum of the dev statements on it

[4:25] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: We are aware of Plasmagate.

[4:25] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: Discussions are ongoing about any possible changes.

[4:25] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: We will let you know before any are made.

[4:26] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: No decisions have been made about its long-term existence.

[4:27] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: It's not even top DPS. To quote someone.

[4:27] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: Someone from RedditChat, but someone nonetheless.

[4:28] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: AS I SAID, DISCUSSIONS ABOUT PLASMAGATE ARE ONGOING.

[4:28] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: and now, I've got to go, because the Inferno rages hot today, and I have a meeting.

Basically, they know about it, and it'll be a while before they do something, if anything.

Hmm....

"[4:27] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: It's not even top DPS. To quote someone."

I'm not sure who is quoting who, but someone needs a reality check. Hint: go read the parses at the top of the DPS league and see how much plasma burn actually does - someone might then feel the urge to bury themselves in a hole - out of shame for being so pathetically misinformed and spreading that misinformation to others.

GJ Mr Someone...
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    alfiedono wrote: »
    Hmm....

"[4:27] [RedditChat] Zero@ZeroniusRex: It's not even top DPS. To quote someone."

I'm not sure who is quoting who, but someone needs a reality check. Hint: go read the parses at the top of the DPS league and see how much plasma burn actually does - someone might then feel the urge to bury themselves in a hole - out of shame for being so pathetically misinformed and spreading that misinformation to others.

GJ Mr Someone...

1) 180k, 55.4k (30.752%)
    2) 171k, 6.9k (4.022%)
    3) 158k, 55.1k (34.817%)
    4) 145k, 28.3k (19.421%)
    5) 129k, 27.3k (21.123%)
    6) 126k, 0.0k (0.000%) <--- That's you!
    7) 117k, 42.3k (36.07%)
    8) 116k, 45.6k (39.181%)
    9) 113k, 42.6k (37.674%)
    10) 112k, this one was missing last time I looked - so I'll add in #11
    11) 111k, 47.2k (42.484%)
    1636&falling) 22k, 2.5k (11.3%) <--- That's me! :( I'm a junior apprentice third class doper.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1) 180k, 55.4k (30.752%)
    2) 171k, 6.9k (4.022%)
    3) 158k, 55.1k (34.817%)
    4) 145k, 28.3k (19.421%)
    5) 129k, 27.3k (21.123%)
    6) 126k, 0.0k (0.000%) <--- That's you!
    7) 117k, 42.3k (36.07%)
    8) 116k, 45.6k (39.181%)
    9) 113k, 42.6k (37.674%)
    10) 112k, this one was missing last time I looked - so I'll add in #11
    11) 111k, 47.2k (42.484%)
    1636&falling) 22k, 2.5k (11.3%) <--- That's me! :( I'm a junior apprentice third class doper.

It should be noted that #2 is basing his DPS off the nadeon bomb, completely different type of run and irrelevant for this discussion. As you get lower in the charts you'll see a higher and higher % of damage done by plasma burn, start looking at the runs between 50-75k should see numbers around 50%.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »
    CLR—DPS [Base Damage IN](% of Table)—Vel 79,453 [1,537,365](62%) - Believe in the tank.

=

CLR: Combat Log Reader
    DPS: 79,453
    Damage Taken: 1,537,365
    % of Damage Taken (out of entire group): 62%

He did 79k DPS while taking 62% of the team's incoming damage.
    Ah thanks.
    You're welcome.

Remember, more Science Consoles means more burn procs!

The only issue there is that I'm in an Assault Refit U. I only have two sci consoles and I don't want to part with my field generator. My Shields are MACO XIIIs, so should I just cut the Field generator and go all in or what?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I get a grand total of around 4000 dps out of 4 plasma consoles and 3 +beam consoles.

I would be perfectly happy to switch back to a field gen and some other embassy part gen types if they change this.

Does it have to be epic or something to get more out of it, and or have 5 +beams?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    flynn444 wrote: »

btw i dont think this works if your already using plasma weapons since they by default already have a dot on it.

see post #27 in this thread... so you'd need to swap out your weapons for something else... polaron, phasers, antiproton, disruptors... rainbow.
  • captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    btw i dont think this works if your already using plasma weapons since they by default already have a dot on it.

see post #27 in this thread... so you'd need to swap out your weapons for something else... polaron, phasers, antiproton, disruptors... rainbow.

He's correct flynn444, I was in the New Romulus Embassy to check out the +Plasma consoles and it says in the description "Adds a __% chance to proc a Plasma DoT on all energy weapon attacks with non-Plasma energy weapons." There are several varieties of Sci consoles so you can choose what you need for your (non-Plasma equipped) ship.

As for your Breen Sarr Theln carrier: I have one for my Rom Eng and she uses a polaron-based build. It drains nicely. But my Klink Tac has Peghqu' destroyer with plasma build; you already have some tactical plasma consoles right? Maybe you can get one of those spire Plasma beam banks too. If you have Tier 5 in Dyson rep, go to the store and look for the Auto Targeting Module Mk XII [+Pla]] which will add 20% to your damage. (I also use the Reman Prototype Space Set and Romulan Singularity Harness Set for the KDF :rolleyes: )

Also:

Great thread and I'm off to check that my other toons have the necessary consoles! HTH
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"