What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Change In Command

Comments

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Get back on your chat and bring out the other 3 to help lobby. You only brought 16 so far.

lol, missed the point again. u really not deserve that avatar :P:D
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Those will be 19 very sad people :(

there are thousands of accounts that apply to the in game opvp channel. a bit more then a year ago i remember seeing over 1000 loged in at the same time on there.
  • Options
    tdokillersunitedtdokillersunited Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    finally Di' Angelo is gone, it´s about time. Now he can bring down Cryptic which he will for sure but at least STO got rid of the worst CEO I could ever imagine. And yes I was around with Stahl, I hope the new one is not just another brainless replacement.

Still a YAY for Di' Angelo gone !!
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eltatus wrote: »
    U mean that Star Trek is not about combat, and I agree.. but STO IS about combat..

There are more succesfull multy player star trek games that are 100% PVP than what STO is.
    http://heroclix.com/category/heroclix/star-trek-tactics/#axzz3QcYWKiSm

So dont even dare to tell me that ST is not about PVP..

Hoo.. and the sector space upgrade is not a exploration upgrade, learn to read.

so why are you here again, and not there playing your precious PvP sorry STO was never meant for PvP but the KDF were that at one point and the players wanted more Star Trek and less CoD/pew pew, and IMHO this is as close as we will ever get to it so enjoy it or get out but stop the bickering.
    finally Di' Angelo is gone, it´s about time. Now he can bring down Cryptic which he will for sure but at least STO got rid of the worst CEO I could ever imagine. And yes I was around with Stahl, I hope the new one is not just another brainless replacement.

really? you should be ashamed of your self these people are trying to bring a world to us that we all love and enjoy and you are harping on a guy who did a very good job IMO for the time he had in that chair in both cases. Maybe instead of bickering like every one else you should put an effort to help, like get on tribble once in awhile and help test the content coming to game and add some more post to that lil number you have (9) then if things are still bad you have reason to bicker

anyways welcome Stephen good luck with this and be patient with the players not all of us want every thing for free like some do but enjoy working to get the reward the feeling of satisfaction after all that work is wonderful and I have to do it 30 times over.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

He's not gone. He's back to his role as CTO, so he's still around at Cryptic.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Nice, let's hope this leads to good things!

Hell, I'm just hoping for some ACTUAL communication this time around. Mr D'Angelo, I thank you for your service, and I hope you'll never return as Executive Producer.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    liontriad wrote: »
    The more PVE updates the better. If anything I hope they add more diplomatic options and more exploration options.

A for the pvp discussion, PVP can die in a fire from ALL MMOs imho. Let pvpers go back to call of duty and stay there :). PVP causes too much toxicity to be of any worth in any cooperative game.

ah, ok. that's why everything i learned about ingame mechanics came from pvp dudes, eh? and thats why we had so many tourneys, eh? no talk about things like pvp bootcamp, eh? or efforts from single members to close the gap cryptic left, eh? or testings till infinity on broken things, eh?.....

you guys are hilarious :D...

as i know from experience to talk to u guys leads nowhere, i'll try to drop it here (probably won't achieve, too much fun :D). i'll only stating it again: pve'ers tryin to xplain a world they've never seen in the depths. it's ok. milk can be heated up again ;)...
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now that Ive made my Doubting Thomas post, if they are going to do this, it better be good.

Im expecting more HEIGHT to the Galaxy, at least twice as high as the current shoebox height so that we're traveling horizontally across the galaxy as we pass each other. The Briar Patch should be a wall in space to either go around or go way above or below it. Proper Star Trek map representation, as best as can be replicated, with Neutral Zones that have MEANING. Or maybe there is no NZ this day and age? There should be comets that move around the galaxy in a predictable path and you have to catch up with it for some sort of daily. Or ate comets just within solar systems, I forget? A moving Nexus ribbon? It should feel like a fishbowl with a few objects constantly moving around in the galaxy that are there for looks as well as for dailys or missions or doffing.

not likely to have a neutral zone, considering the tal-shiar superstate is mostly worthless because of sela, and if there were to be one there would have to be aggressive romulan ships in sector space that will pursue players for crossing that area of space for a random hit. give the IRS some personality and just a bit more feel as to how these romulans respond to their enemies. the federation should also have their own ships patrolling the border along with a few starbases to make it look convincing. The RR should be doing the same along the IRS border.

the cardassian border needs to have the occasional cardassian ship along its borders, and so the former beta ursa block needs to be fleshed out a lot more then it is. breen being as mysterious as they are dont have ships along their borders... until you violate their borders and suddenly you get ambushed by breen patrols, eventually so many patrols come that it is not worth crossing into their space, give them the feel of being aggressive, warlike, unknown and very dangerous.

tholians should be added as nothing more then a prop for a while, but they should have guard ships out in sector protecting their space.

as for the energy ribbon, the nexus. that may come in a one time event, crossing through at a creeper pace for a few weeks, with a feature mission on that? maybe,
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I also don't care for PvP, in a game I play because of Star Trek. I'd rather see QoL improvements, bug fixes, re-vamp of the old content, more story-content, more customization for ships, characters, Foundry improvements, exploration, less obvious grind... not particulary in this order, but, there.

Best of luck to the new guy at the helm.

Pretty much this, though I'd mostly like to see less heavy grind, although I hear that there is stuff in the works so here's hoping.

Good luck to the new guy :)
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    liontriad wrote: »
    A for the pvp discussion, PVP can die in a fire from ALL MMOs imho. Let pvpers go back to call of duty and stay there :). PVP causes too much toxicity to be of any worth in any cooperative game.

LOL

Are u afraid of a bit of competition? But dont worrie, if they ever fix PVP, can stay doing infected for 1000000000000000 times with jodarkrider and the other white Knight

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    D'angelo leaving is a good thing, I pity whichever game gets him next. The new guy, we'll see. Hopefully he's someone who's more into thoughtful Trek than pewpew Trek.
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    augm3nt wrote: »
    its not our fault that your IQ cant handle playerVSplayer content.

LOL..

Nicly said.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Listen to the community...

Assuming some people aren't being crazy, weird, annoying or egocentric.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome aboard! I choose to reserve judgement until you start to take ownership of decisions that I either like or dislike. However, here is to hoping you will bring a new prospective and direction to STO that the players, most of them at least, will be happy with.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    D'angelo leaving is a good thing, I pity whichever game gets him next. The new guy, we'll see. Hopefully he's someone who's more into thoughtful Trek than pewpew Trek.

D'angelo is not leaving. He's still CTO of Cryptic. Ricossa is Salami_Inferno, so he's not new either. He just got promoted to the position.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited February 2015
    anything about pvp?

if not who cares about new people.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    so why are you here again, and not there playing your precious PvP sorry STO was never meant for PvP but the KDF were that at one point and the players wanted more Star Trek and less CoD/pew pew, and IMHO this is as close as we will ever get to it so enjoy it or get out but stop the bickering.

oh, it was ;).... indeed the whole mechanics, recent additions and the whole klingon faction are build for pvp :P...

i'll have to admit: i always start to giggle when i read such comments. and even more in such masses like in here. just as u folks would have to fear anything lol...
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope this will mean improvement to the game current condition. Between grinds, bugs, and lack of balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, who cares? This is not a PVP game, fact. If it was, then Klingons and Feds, the only true oppsing factions, would never reach joint missions. If you are so obssessed with insulting other players, after a good pvp match, then move on to the games you so love to cram in everyones faces. Are we playing those games? No, we are playing Star trek. Know why pvp i not being updated? You are the minority. If you wern't, and pvp was such a big thing, then they would have abided to that because that is where the money is. Howeverr, since they are designed to make money, like all companies, I highly doubt they are ignoring a huge gold mine sitting under thier noses, just to TRIBBLE you off, or drop rank. And as to your PVP bias, STO is not rated LOW as an MMROPG in general, only if you put your stupid pvp issues as the fore runner. Again, you want pvp, please, leave our game.

Honestly, much of the reason why PvPers a such a minority, similar to the minority of KDF prime players, has been the poor development of the PvP segment of the game. At launch, the KDF
    S primary tool for leveling was PvP. Once players learned how poor the PvP was setup and how little content KDF could do around it, the Empires ranks all but collapsed. The reason why a Fed can queue with a Klink is because of the dropoff in KDF numbers, queues used to be seperate between the factions.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valen006 wrote: »
    Star Wars Old Republic comes from Lucas Arts which spins out of Lucas Film.

TOR comes from Bioware, not LucasArts
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    But what good is all that, if the majority of the player base has no interest in PvP???

Do you mean to suggest that Cryptic should force players to do PvP?

It's not the Majority of player base has no interest in PvP, but rather there's nothing in PvP that interesting for the player base.

from my experience from Anarchy Online, WoW, GW1&2, SWTOR, EVE Online, and recently ESO that these games have mostly have mostly PvE content but have a Strong PvP content as well, while PvP Content is not as much as PvE ones in these games generally, they do have a very strong player base. not to mention that PvP in these games do rewards their players for taking a part in no matter if they casual or hardcore.

Most ppl that don't play PvP in STO is because there's nothing rewarding to get in it, besides a few minor dilithium and fleet mark rewards that take 3 Arena or CnH games to get and not to mention a 20 hrs cd time on the PvP mission... while u can get the alot more from only 1 PvE qeueue, the problem with PvP is Broken Maps (Ground), lack of rewards, no PvP Rep System, No matchmaking for balanced teams, No Leaderboards, no anything to intice most players to enter PvP, not mention a few broken abilities that cryptic refuse to fix.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    LOL..

Nicly said.

This is why PvP is not my thing...to many toxic people for my tastes.

Seriously dude...I've never commented on anything you said till now but I think you are addicted to complaining about everything you can find, even nitpicks and turning molehills into mountains.

If I want PvP...I got a 360, a Gold Account, and World of tanks 360 Edition. I come here to enjoy community, fun, and storyline stuff.

You are free to enjoy PvP in STO but in STO, it is not my thing and I wish you would stop looking down on those of us who do not share your love for it.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not sure if I should be like: "Hooooooooray xyz is finally gone!!! Time to party! Everything is going to be better now!"

or:

anything about pvp?

if not who cares about new people.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    LOL

Are u afraid of a bit of competition? But dont worrie, if they ever fix PVP, can stay doing infected for 1000000000000000 times with jodarkrider and the other white Knight
    You realize you're proving the point of toxicity of PvP community with these comments, right?

Also, competition is all good and nice, but some of us simply play this game because it's Star Trek, and we don't want to play Red vs Blue here.

Being bitter towards people, who enjoy Trek and not PvP is not going to win or get you anything, your PvP fixes, nor any sympathies... aside of those like you, who just need to spew hate at the welcoming post of a new guy, who didn't even make any decisions yet; thus again, proving, how toxic PvP players are.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank the Heavens !

And not entirely unexpected to me anyway, with veteran and lifetime players dropping out in numbers and queues continuing to be in the state that they are.

I can only imagine the dire message the metrics have been indicating.

Someone had to go indeed.

And I have to say that with careful consideration, I'm no Fan of Mr D'Angelo's time at the helm, neither of them.
    I'm very sorry but that's honestly how I feel.

STO under his watch took us to a very dark place. Dark, and not very fun at all.

Mr Ricossa, I welcome you, but I honestly don't envy you. Thing's are a mess.

You have my sincere hope that you can turn things around.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    petrif666petrif666 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Congrats to the new EP. Glad to see a Star Trek fan in the reigns.

Hope the game will be improved. I for one could go for a while without any new "features" if it meant that the old bugs (some that have been around for years) would be fixed.

I like the game really much and hope it continues but the 5th anniversary event has been very discouraging to say the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome Sir! I hope you can lead the game back to a good course and make us forget the DR fiasco.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As long as it works, I'll be happy to end all this map jumping between sector/sector blocks (never could figure out which is which :confused:). Just remember, STO does not function well when you cram 60 players into one instance.