What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Mini-Game Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    jacenkaschangjacenkaschang Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So Bajor still doesn't have Omega particles. Are we ever going to be able to complete a daily mission and start collecting our Qmendations?

Cryptic this just isn't good enough.
  • Options
    diadochidiadochi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rabin26 wrote: »
    It seems that the Bajor Space particles are spawning in the Bajor System instance in the mission "Crack in the Mirror". I have seen the particles there in the part of the mission where you are in orbit of Bajor VII, though I can't confirm that they will count in the daily mission or not (I dropped the daily when/if it says to go to Bajor).

So the particles are in Bajor space, just not the social Bajor zone like they should be.

ETA: Some players are confirming that the Omega Particles in the mission will complete the Bajor portion of the daily. You only have to get through a ground portion and then to the space part; stop the mission there in case you need to come back if Bajor pops back up in your Omega Daily

Although I'm glad this band-aid will help most captains, it still rests on the those responsible to fix the bug so those who don't yet have access to Crack in the Mirror still have a chance at completing their daily.
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I could not finish my daily mission on Defera ground. It will give me an omega particle but the mission does not complete to hand in.
  • Options
    neithuneithu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thread about minigame rewards. Please read.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1364261
  • Options
    burdin30burdin30 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I CAN confirm that playing "A Crack In The Mirror" gets you to a Bajoran Space instance that DOES let you get the Omega Particles which DO count toward Q's mission. Fight through the DS9 Docking ring and pursue the Transports to Bajor VII. When you arrive there, the Omega Particles are available. Scan one, drop "A Crack In The Mirror" (or play it through), and you're good to go.

This is nice finding (thanks for effort), but for example for me, it´s useless, I can´t start this mission and if I want to, I simply can´t because I don´t have time to complete previous story line and continoue with almost half of the other one. I guess that there´s no other option how to complete this mission?

I hope cryptic repairs this problems soon and also extend anniversary celebration because of this problems.
  • Options
    slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So I read a little of this thread and have of course experienced ESD and bajor issue.... however today I got the issue again but in a new place.... I can get the particle at drozana station but omega mini game doesnt register as me completing that portion of the game...
  • Options
    burdin30burdin30 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can confirm one way how to solve this problem. If you done all particle stabilizations in areas where it is possible and some area left, you can drop the mission and take it again, then there is a chance that you´ll get new locations, it worked on all of my characters.
  • Options
    bufflezbufflez Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Time keeps going? -10 minutes no reward

http://imagehost.phoenix-nest.com/?di=1314228096348
  • Options
    rabin26rabin26 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    diadochi wrote: »
    Although I'm glad this band-aid will help most captains, it still rests on the those responsible to fix the bug so those who don't yet have access to Crack in the Mirror still have a chance at completing their daily.

No argument that the bug definitely needs to be fixed. At least we know where the particles went, and, hopefully, getting them back into the proper place will be relatively straightforward (I won't hold my breath on that, just in case).
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After not being able to complete the Omega Mini game yesterday, I signed in today to try it again. The mission was dropped completely for some reason. I went to Q and he isn't offering it. I did not get marks from yesterdays attempt...
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Every mini game I have played is bugged in one of the following ways:

1. Particles jump forward when the particle increase speed:
    a-I cannot collect them for a second
    b-I cannot collect a string of particles that I had lined up prior to the jump
    c-The on screen particles switch and appear in different positions, like the game advanced to a new screen

2. Players who access the same particle I am collecting from prompt a collect loot button. The button stops me from collecting particles.
    3. Shorten games: The timer jumps ahead shortening the game
    4. The game crashes
    5. The timer runs into negative numbers
    6. There is a mouse/icon movement delay.

I've noticed that is a map Worf 359, I could not scan particles or use my "V" key while others could.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    largerchiplargerchip Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After not being able to complete the Omega Mini game yesterday, I signed in today to try it again. The mission was dropped completely for some reason. I went to Q and he isn't offering it. I did not get marks from yesterdays attempt...

I'm getting this too!
  • Options
    nintholonintholo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015

c-The on screen particles switch and appear in different positions, like the game advanced to a new screen

2. Players who access the same particle I am collecting from prompt a collect loot button. The button stops me from collecting particles.
    4. The game crashes

I've noticed that is a map Worf 359, I could not scan particles or use my "V" key while others could.

Often it happens to me also, the jump fofward and the premature end things are so annoying and frustrating
  • Options
    elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    elothox wrote: »
    Adding that Bajor Space is still broken this morning. For the sake of helping the devs, I thought I'd break down a bit of what efforts I went through to test some solutions.

I did my due diligence and swept the whole system very thoroughly, still no Omega.

In many zones, when you "scan" it points you toward the particle, even if it says there are zero anomalies. But the indication reticule does nothing in Bajor space.

Other surrounding or nearby zones do not trigger success either.

My guess is that the mission says Bajor, but the intended completion area coded into the mission is something completely different. Perhaps just whatever unique identifier is used in the code with numbers transposed, or missing a digit.... in other words, you'd have to go to every ground and space zone, find a particle, and see if it works.

Take 30 seconds... please read this:

I double posted following my post above so I could list a work around TWO DAYS ago, and someone deleted my post for double posting.

That is insulting. The community is helping you do your job, and you delete that help to follow the letter of the law.

To make it worse, I pointed out that Bajor Space literally broke the daily for literally half of the at-the-time four day old daily. In a bit of sarcasm, I noted that since the devs were liklely off work on the wee hours of Saturday morning, at the very least the forum mod that might be looking at the forum could acknolwedge the issue... instead they delete my post containing the work around.... nice PR there guys.
  • Options
    filemonafilemona Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    About that mini-game premature end when someone else tries to interact with it, it happens on most of the space areas, but not in ground ones. When people on Vulcan or Andoria all try to access one of two-three particles alltogether in the circled area (on the minimap), all of them get their mini-games done and credited.
    There is also a problem of ridiculously different particle densities, from two-three on Vulcan or Andoria, to dozens on Defera ground on multiple times smaller area, to relatively normal on ESD or Starfleet Academy. I really hope that doesn't work as intended, because having to run for two mins until you find a particle on Andoria, where the mini-map marker covers a fifth of extra large map is not fun. Especially when on Defera particles basicaly find you, as sometimes there are only two steps between two of them.
    @fereldenvstamriel: Tharal (Fed tac lvl 50), Fileippo (Rom-fed sci, lvl 21)
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    not getting credit for the particles outside ESD.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2015

the minigame score-system is pure random:

i get common (white) drops on 2400-2600 scores while getting better ones on lower scores.. but most just silver

i fixed score/drop ratio would be rly cool! :mad:
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im also not getting credit for collecting particles outside ESD. I think its because there seems to be a lot of "fake" Omega particles around. There should only be two, but I've seen up to around 8 particles all clustered together. The reason I say they're fake is because all you see is a little marker saying Omega particle, you dont see the spinning Omega symbol.

Maybe a server restart would help?
    edited February 2015
    I'm getting particles from all of them at ESD, just not getting credit for completing them. Which makes completing the mission impossible and no commendaions awarded also impossible. At this rate I don't see any one but the ones that spend Lobi getting this ship due to all the bugs that continue to be implemented into this game and never getting fixed.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2015

4. The game crashes

1. Particle speed jumps when a particle is destroyed- usually from letting too many get by uncollected.
    2. same
    3. same. A feature :D
    4. never seen this
    5. same, very rare but abandoning the collection attempt game isn't a harsh penalty.
    6. same. K/B is prefferable since this is essentially the pie eating game from the winter wonderland. Lose and you still get a prize.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    clamyfishstickclamyfishstick Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the workaround for getting the broken maps doesn't seem to be working today for me at least, I just drop the mission wait an hour and it's still the same 3 locations, I tried it 3 hours in a row and got the same locations :(
  • Options
    bogbotbogbot Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a anniversary event and supposed to be fun - its annoying if anything
    lost 1 day as was sent to esd space which wont complete
    then having to cancel mission as ESD doesnt work again.
    :eek:

its nice that you added new content - its not nice spending 400k dil on one ships weaponry and gear then having to grind for points and making competent ships back into pug stage.

supposed to be startrek ..not grind trek ..lol :)
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still having major lag issues and now the Sol System (Space) particles work but not to register for the Omega Molecule Stabilization mission.
  • Options
    timotheus3timotheus3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been having the same problems it seems everyone is having since the first "Fix" went live

specifically, my fed toon, in Sol system never gets credit on the daily, no matter what.

I have noticed it may have to do with certain comments Q makes, (or in this case, fails to make) seem to be what trigger the fail.

I think that the instance limit should be lowered in the maps experiencing epic lag, namely Sol system, and Sherman system.
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Both Sol and Academy are not functioning for Omega Mini-Game. You can collect the Omega particles, but it will not count for the daily. I've tried every suggestion to get it to work. Hasn't.
  • Options
    elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the workaround for getting the broken maps doesn't seem to be working today for me at least, I just drop the mission wait an hour and it's still the same 3 locations, I tried it 3 hours in a row and got the same locations :(

Are you having issues with not getting credit or getting maps that have no particles, like Bajor.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    They should:
    1) Ensure if a player is playing the minigame, they can always complete it up to the 2600 max points.
    2) Give a bit of adjustment to the rewards table specially for a perfect score. Getting 2600 points 3 times in a row, and 3 times getting traces sucks.
    3) Suppress the "Loot critter" box from appearing when multiple players are completing the game. I have to remind myself to move the window up because otherwise that darn box gets in the way and makes me loose points.
    4) Fix places like Defera, Bajor space (Putting into a mission map, really?), and ESD space (tied to SFA ground).
    5) Get rid of the lag. Andoria space had really bad lag today, and the action was in the ground map.
  • Options
    timotheus3timotheus3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They should:
    3) Suppress the "Loot critter" box from appearing when multiple players are completing the game. I have to remind myself to move the window up because otherwise that darn box gets in the way and makes me loose points.

you can use f12 and move the interaction window to the side to avoid this issue.
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still having major lag issues and now the Sol System (Space) particles work but not to register for the Omega Molecule Stabilization mission.

Yeah this. Earth Spacedock at the least isn't working. So I can't finish my daily. :confused:
  • Options
    echa1echa1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You know after 3 days of silence it would actually be nice for a forum mod or a dev to actually comment on this issue and let players know whats going on. 4 days now, yes 4 days of bugs with a game that is basically unplayable with missions that are time limited and cant be completed.

Perhaps you would like to use some good customer service and reply to your paying customers about the state of the faulty product.