What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Mini-Game Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I can't complete the daily because it refuses to count the ESD space one. Have tried a bunch of times. Have a pile of red omega particles, but no completion on the daily assignment.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gholendhor wrote: »
    Doing mini game in Vulcan space and the particles stop coming.but the timer reaches 0 then goes into negative time.
    That's because the molecule you want is on Vulcan ground today.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No needed the space.Just saying the mini game stalled out on me.
  • Options
    danvetdanvet Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As replied by others, ESD Omega particle stabilisation does not complete the daily.
  • Options
    themadmaxthemadmax Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    danvet wrote: »
    As replied by others, ESD Omega particle stabilisation does not complete the daily.

same here.
    And by the way. The lag is really horrible on ESD
  • Options
    bogbotbogbot Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    esd - couldnt complete
    k7 completed 3rd attempt
    vulcan completed in 5 seconds
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    themadmax wrote: »
    same here.
    And by the way. The lag is really horrible on ESD

Same here, here. To both the points.
  • Options
    intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ESD space omega mini game wont complete. Even after yesturdays fix.
  • Options
    ryblanryblan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also got a timer well into the negative. Also, I was able to scan 2 particles at once, and interrupt my own minigame as a result.

Edit: wasn't there supposed to be an award for higher points? 300 points gives as many points as 1400 points... Doesn't seem to be working to me.
  • Options
    ygyhuuygyhuu Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still bugged outside of ESD.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, can't finish it in earth orbit :mad:
    Playing Romulan allied to Federation..

And also yeah: 100 points - 1 trace, 1200 points - 1 trace
    At this point i'm just starting stabilizing and i'm switching to Internet Explorer :P

Edit:
    Oh and 0 points - 1 trace too...,
    still i will get 27 each trace today :D

Edit 2:
    Inside ESD lag and ruuberbandig is ridiculus, cant do anything...
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As stated by others, ESD space is broken (and probably ESD ground); the only visible difference in ESD zone for this particle game is that the game is jerky when it plays in ESD. The particles will jump forward like it is being affected by something in the coding for ESD. I changes instances and still could not complete the ESD leg of this run. I always got my particle collection reward, but the mission would not resolve to show this leg as being completed (the last one I needed).

In-game # 3,129,137
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, one outsdide ESD (space) is bugged.

It does allow to get a score and get the Red trace, buty it doesnt count towards the daily form Q.

I managed to do Vulcan (space) which was blue, and K-7 (ground) which was yellow.

Maybe the red traces are bugged?

But I did the one outside ESD 6 times... scored over 500 each one...gave the red trace and no it did clear it form the mission tracker.

Sigh... why should this be expected to be fix when the the disappearing bridge officers is still in this game?

This is only an anniversarry event for a prize, that is time limited.. and we constantly get issues with these which makes players very frustrated.

Thanks.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Yeah, can't finish it in earth orbit :mad:
    Playing Romulan allied to Federation..

And also yeah: 100 points - 1 trace, 1200 points - 1 trace
    At this point i'm just starting stabilizing and i'm switching to Internet Explorer :P

Edit:
    Oh and 0 points - 1 trace too...,
    still i will get 27 each trace today :D

Yep, it's also probably bugged or maybe the devs though we are all great guitar hero players, just enter the minigame and run away, the minigame closes and gives you the trace and you don't waste a minute.
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bioixi wrote: »
    Yep, it's also probably bugged or maybe the devs though we are all great guitar hero players, just enter the minigame and run away, the minigame closes and gives you the trace and you don't waste a minute.

Higher score give you better quality traces, as far as I see it it only really related how many molecules you destroy. 4+ and you get a silver most of the time, sometimes it drops a rear or very rare, sometimes a colored one.
  • Options
    slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yesterday I completed the omega mini game mission for the 40 Q commendations. Today I loaded my game up and I was able to complete the vulcan system space portion but cannot complete the sol system space portion.

I go to sol, I make sure my ship is within the mission "white circle" I stabilize the omega particle. I get the reward but the mission does not register as it completing.... I have stabilized 9 particles but the mission has not recognized as sol system space as complete

I even tried dropping the mission and resetting so that I can maybe get sol system ground which yesterday worked but nope stuck on sol system space... can't complete the mission will lose out on today q commendations... if mission doesn't change locations for tommorow will miss out on tommorows as well

screenshot showing i am in the white circle, showing that the mission calls for sol system space and on far left showing "item received red omega particle"

http://prntscr.com/5z1r2t
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Despite yesterday's patch, the Omega daily is still bugged. If one of the locations is ESD space, you're dead in the water. Completing the mini-game does not advance the step for ESD space. Dropping and retaking the mission only returns the same 3 locations - even after dropping, quitting, restarting, and retaking.

[System] Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,129,332.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    petrif666petrif666 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yup, if you happen to get the ESD space you might as well give up. Nothing changes and you are stuck with it no matter what you do. Well, maybe I will return to the anniversary event if it is fixed at some point...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    petrif666 wrote: »
    Yup, if you happen to get the ESD space you might as well give up. Nothing changes and you are stuck with it no matter what you do. Well, maybe I will return to the anniversary event if it is fixed at some point...

There is simple workaround - do it on KDF toon.
    Once the discount is active, the 400 Qmendations for Dust to Dust will be enough 10 times over...
  • Options
    warfrogdudewarfrogdude Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    saber1973a wrote: »
    There is simple workaround - do it on KDF toon.
    Once the discount is active, the 400 Qmendations for Dust to Dust will be enough 10 times over...

It will not complete on Drozene station kdf... one hr there trying..I give up :(
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bugged outside ESD.

Tried multiple toons, in multiple instances.

Will not complete. In fact I had one mini game run over the clock into minus time!

I give up with this.

EDIT: Oh and you have managed to cause lag and rubber banding not just in ESD but in sol system orbit AND sol sector space!!!
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    nidolgb1nidolgb1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Worked perfectly fine yesterday.
    Today, when I got on, not matter how many times I do the minigame on ESD, I always get a red particle, and it never updates the quest log. I haven't tried it on either of the other zones because I think the same thing will happen.
    Please fix this.
  • Options
    toratareltoratarel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A heads up for everyone. Starfleet Academy #5 finished the ESD Space part of the quest.
    The node is close to the bay.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can't complete the part of the mission in Sol system space. Aside from it being a damn chore to maneuver the ship close to the particles with all the rubberbanding you can stabilize them, and collect Omega traces, but it doesn't count for the completion of the mission. So far this birthday has been huge mess. It's great that you got the original voice actors to reprise their roles, but it gets lost between all the bugs and bad game design.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same as the others. Can't complete the ESD part of the quest.
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bajor (space) has no particles to scan, yet Q sends you there any way
  • Options
    rabin26rabin26 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On my Fed-aligned Romulan, Mission journal says to stabilize Omega Particles in Bajor System (Space), but there are no particles to scan, nor is there a "mission circle" like at ESD. As of now I'm not sure where to go to complete this daily.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    no particles in bajor space dropping the mission and retaking it still leaves you with bajor space leaving it unable to be completed
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Bajor (space) has no particles to scan, yet Q sends you there any way

same here, no particle in bajor space map :(
  • Options
    rjay1985rjay1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It appears there are no Omega Particles floating around Bajor.