What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Mini-Game Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got the mission and the first place I went was Vulcan (Space). I get there and there are dozens of other folks there trying to scan the traces as well. Scan, start the game, no score. Scan again, start the game, no score. Scan a third time, can you guess what happened? Yeah, no score.

I sat in zone for a few minutes and chatted with some fleet members and decided to try scanning one last time. Scan, start the game and holy carp! It's actually keeping score! Until 35 points and then it just stops counting. Game ends, no reward, no credit towards mission complete.

Not sure how the game works, but if you need to get every single particle and by missing one it stops keeping score, well then, I guess I will not be getting the ship this year as my reflexes are not good enough to catch them all.

I want the ship, I wouldn't mind getting some upgrade kits. As things are now, I won't be getting either. I know it's bugged, broken, FUBAR'd, however you want to put it. Between this and all the other bugs, I'm not sure I even want to bother at this point. I may just go back and play the game and simply forget the 5th Anniversary is even happening.

Which with how bugged it is, is it actually?
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My problem at Drozana Space System was when I was doing the scan first and collecting particles another person then scanned the same node. The minute the other individual scanned the node my particles quit accumulating even though the game was still continuing until the clock ran out. This also caused me to not get completion credit as well. I tried multiple times but the same thing happened repeatedly. I'm going to try when things slow down on a slower instance later.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    rybrarianrybrarian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also not working for me.
  • Options
    imcguigaimcguiga Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Vulcan Space mni game starts but never records any score. Tried changing instance, NFG. Tried exiting zone and reentering, NFG.
  • Options
    slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As part of our effort to fix any issues you are having with Omega Particles, we will be applying a reset fix on social maps. You may experience issues temporarily with the following maps:

ESD
    Qo’nos
    K7
    Vulcan Ground
    Vulcan System
    Rura Penthe
    Drozana Station
    Drozana System
    Starfleet Academy
    Klingon Academy
    Ganalda
    Starbase 39

When exactly is this fix being implemented? I have noticed the temporary issues.... rubberbanding... lag.... boffs losing abilities.... system crashes galore.... more discoes then the 70s... but the particles are still effed what up wit dat?
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Mostly" works. Takes one or two extra tries in some areas still. The lag is actually more of a hinderance to trying to get this done than the extra tries now.
  • Options
    rooster241rooster241 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    still not working, they are scoring now and giving traces but the mission log won't go to completed, :-( very disappointing
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    still not counting in mission log :-(
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited January 2015
    seems the issue is definitely improving, grats devs that is an unexpected surprise!!
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In several zones (ESD space, DS9 space and ground, K7 space, SB 39 space and ground) I have had no particles and when I start to scan the moment someone else starts their scan mine either stops and ends or just stops counting and I dont get anything from it due to not meeting the required score.

Its honestly making think about not even trying as its so much hassle to keep trying. :-(
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, it seems that whenever someone starts or finishes, it finishes it for all people who have the minigame active, so I've had games that cut off after 1 second, or ten seconds. Really annoying.
  • Options
    robertdellrobertdell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    byssot wrote: »
    After some testing, it seems like having another player interact with the Omega Molecule while you are playing the minigame is what is causing it to fail.

If you are the only one who is interacting with it it scores properly, but once another player interacts with the molecule the minigame stops scoring, and you do not get any rewards even if you had a score.

This is exactly the problem I am having. As long as no one else touches my Omega Molecule, it works just fine. If anyone else starts the mini game on my molecule, I quit getting points, and/or the mini game terminates without giving me credit.

Forgot to mention, I had this problem at ESD, Vulcan ground, and DS K-7
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    never mind, seems to be working now
  • Options
    valkriststormvalkriststorm Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On Romulan Flotilla:

Score maxes out at 150 (three times in a row), no reward given.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I feel like they did something. It's not 100%, but now the mini-game is working for me more often than not. I have metric TRIBBLE-ton of reds, but that's all I'm getting. :/
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    still not working, score either stops..or never advances and often quits mid minigame.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been trying to use the keyboard this entire time to collect the particles, and had only two successes, where nobody else was scanning a molecule.. I took the suggestion of someone in chat, and am having better completion rates with using the mouse only, but the minigame still quits when another person starts the game at the same omega.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After the late night patch, I am still finding the game very laggy, and that it cuts off before the timer ends.

By laggy, I mean that despite having the marker in the right row its often not picking up all the particles, and when I destroy an Omega, and the rows speed up, the particles will jump over the line and not get counted. Some times at the higher speeds it will seem to pause an jump without another speed increase as well. I suspect the server load issues might be impacting the game.

And while its not a bug, it feels a bit lame that from Zero to just before 1700 all you get is one Trace. You could at least give out multiple traces the further you get.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Had the Omega mission active before the patch, and now after the patch it's not in my active missions journal and Q isn't giving me the option to start it again. It doesn't say it's in progress or on cooldown either.

*Report withdrawn. The mission has appeared on my active list again*
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    post late night patch... space area of starbase 39... mini game still ends abruptly. I can not get the full 50 seconds for this game.
  • Options
    bigstu13bigstu13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dilithium mining asteroid(ground) is not spawning any molicules.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bigstu13 wrote: »
    dilithium mining asteroid is not spawning any molicules.

This, no Omega particles on this map...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited January 2015
    it's in my mission window, as was Gonalda & Drozna stations.

My character is Klingon in case that is important.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    if I could remember how to take screen caps that show the ui I would happily provide one as I have not dropped this mission.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I gave up on this mission because it was broken. As much as I am loath to say it, please go back to the mini-Qs for the anniversary tokens. It had the potential to be a decent mini-game shame they couldn't get it to work on release.
  • Options
    renner64renner64 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The lag where ever this event is going on ESD Vulcan D-7 so on is so bad it takes 3 to 5 min to navigate to the node to do this mini game.Really if my quality of work was of this sort I wouldn't be fixing anything either Id be to busy trying to find another job as I know Im going to be fired for a mess I made .Good luck on your next gig after this one youll need it.
  • Options
    richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Omega particle is not spawning on dilithium mining asteroid
    Beamed back up to ship & beamed back down, still no omega particle
    Logged out & then back on again, beamed back down, still no omega particle

ARGHHHH!!!

Edit: omega particles are spawning in the airlock not on the asteroid. Is this what was intended?
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    when I tried to go to DS9 my game crashed

I hope they will extend this event an entire week if it gets fixed. If not just give us the ship as a C-Store promotion.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On Andoria it's located on a mountain that nobody can get to.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You spelt spelt wrong.

Smirk, good buddy, that's called ironic humor. And it's the only thing which keeps us players sane when dealing with your august and noble employer.