test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Mini-Game Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• bogbotbogbot Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    perty people had double mini q's in same location others you cant interact with
  • echa1echa1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got a red particle when I tried SF Academy

Vulcan space one 0 score after 6 attempts and no rewards.

Not yet tried Starbase 39

One question I have is this is a once a day minigame, what is going to be done for players in Europe that wont be able to play until the 30th missing out on a whole days work on the minigames?
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ridiculous. Between Dumb***es running in and spoiling the game and the particle moving as the line forms to get it done, this is just plain stupid.

Was this not tested before it was put into place?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is it just me or does this problem reek of the Winter Wonderland 'Fastest BlahBlah On Ice' NPC bug/"feature".

And you know how fast they fixed that. Oh, wait...
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new Omega Mini-Game System on 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

~CaptainSmirk

IT DOES NOT WORK. No opinions or other comments, just stating the bug of the anniversary "mini-game" that is not functional nor fun at this point (oops, I slipped in an opinion after all).
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lots of no score games. When it did work and I stabilized a particle I'm not even sure I was rewarded for it.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • gosleepoutsidegosleepoutside Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I bought STO pre-launch. The game has always been full of bugs, BUT a buggie mini-game during a big event like this tests my patience to the limit.

Cryptic, please consider hiring some skilled programmers.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cryptic, please consider hiring some skilled programmers.

THIS.

We know that Bugs happen, thats the same with all Games...but you know...the Amount of Bugs in STO is plain and Simple.....RIDICILOUS, there is not a single Patch / Event and so on, that is not filled with a Dozen Game Breaking Bugs....even trying to Fix them, you break more.... The Winter Event is a Prime and SAD Example for this....you really should Hire some Skilled Programmers......:rolleyes:
  • kdb81kdb81 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was able to get the one on ESD after several tires of 0 score the other two are not working at all for me ( Vulcan and K7 ground )

i think you may want to add the Q tokens as mission loot instead at this point.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have you even test it before putting it live? Non of my 6 chars can do daily, on one after 30 attempts collecting failed after first 5 seconds and gave particle.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i started off by taking the mission from Q at esd, showed the particle was on the dancefloor in club 47 when i approached it, it then dissapeared, so beamed up to head out to vulcan, while sitting in sol it showed a red particle just outside esd so i approached it, minigame started, i got quite a few and when it completed it said i had an overall score of 0.. so decided to then go do the dust to dust mission till this ones worked out...
  • unc0mmonerunc0mmoner Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not sure I need to report this as others seem to have it covered but I am encountering the following problems:

1. Prompt fails to appear (Space)
    2. Scan fails to complete/minigame fails to start (space)
    3. Minigame fails to keep score (Space)
    4. Minigame fails to flag complete at end (sometimes in conjuction w/ 3, sometimes not)

Your playtesters fail on this one...
  • myrddnnmyrddnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You guys already have the code to fix this. Use the same code you have for the radiation samples at the academy that keeps players from jumping other players nodes.
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am annoyed that I have to bail on this mission and won't get the reward.

Then again, the reward is underwhelming at best. Unappealing visually, and with Bridge Officer seating arrangement reminiscent of the Galaxy Dreadnaught. Like... a Kobali ship? That species that we saw once on Voyager, being used to commemorate this game's 5th anniversary?

Cheapens the whole thing.
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sorry to say that for now the mini-game is broken, does not register any point, could be releated to the extreme lagging??

So far i just scored some points on the Academy.. but the first 2, gone for a third and never passed above 15 points...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am able to find and access the mini games however it seems that only 1 person can at a time play the game.... unfortunately despite waiting my turn in line every time it was my turn to play some TRIBBLE would skip line and join my game and I would not get any particle dropped despite completing the game. It kept saying "0 rewards"

I thought these particles were suppose to be accessible by multiple players at same time?

How can you even begin to fathom that every single player in the STO community would fall in line and wait their turn assuming the are knowledgable of this issue and assuming they dont try to jack someone else's particle...

How can we get our 40 Q commendations?

7 mini games played 1 particle actually received because no one was around to jack it

Even on particles where there was no one else... I started the game and then some *******s come and jack the particle and I get "0 rewards"

This is bull****
  • bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yet more untested TRIBBLE don't worry the zen store works though
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As part of our effort to fix any issues you are having with Omega Particles, we will be applying a reset fix on social maps. You may experience issues temporarily with the following maps:

ESD
    Qo’nos
    K7
    Vulcan Ground
    Vulcan System
    Rura Penthe
    Drozana Station
    Drozana System
    Starfleet Academy
    Klingon Academy
    Ganalda
    Starbase 39
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    too late.lost interest.closed game.put wallet away.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks like only 1 person per map can do the Omega Mini-game at the same time without breaking it for others. I just had following scenario:
    - 3 people in the Andoria System,
    - Nobody else at the node I was farming,
    - Score froze at 5 or 10 points.

And even when I was able to finish the Omega Mini-Game, I always got blue traces, no other color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Finally I found one working in rura penthe it was blue color.
    problem is each time I got a particle destroyed complete the mini game jumped and I missed plenty os molecule to collect as the line suddenly advanced from several steps.
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Vulcan Space is currently un...win..able. No points, so no trace. :mad:

I'm gonna say this is unacceptable and leave it at that.
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately, the mini-game is still broken; although it was able to register a particle being nullified this time, it granted zero rewards, and at 120 points it broke again; i had Shadowplay running the whole time, and the video is linked to below:

http://youtu.be/3GiQiYVpofk (2 minutes long)

P.S., You need to adjust server load capacity to compensate for major patch traffic a bit more, also as evidenced in the video.

Basic System Specs (for the record)
    AMD FX 6100
    16 GB DDR3 system memory
    Gigabyte NVidia Geforce GTX 660
    Sound Blaster Z
    Windows 7 64-bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • echa1echa1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As part of our effort to fix any issues you are having with Omega Particles, we will be applying a reset fix on social maps. You may experience issues temporarily with the following maps:

ESD
    Qo’nos
    K7
    Vulcan Ground
    Vulcan System
    Rura Penthe
    Drozana Station
    Drozana System
    Starfleet Academy
    Klingon Academy
    Ganalda
    Starbase 39

Still not working. Off to bed now, days worth of daily mission wasted and I am not very happy. Perhaps you should make sure you have a stable product before rolling out time limited content. Still want to know whats going to be done to the people who lose out on todays daily.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pwefail wrote: »
    too late.lost interest.closed game.put wallet away.

It wouldn't help you collect omega molecule remains any faster anyway, Mr. EverythingNowImmediately.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Problems here too, got one Particle at ESD that actually worked but on Vulcan (Ground ) there are 5-20 players standing in line in front of one particle and then it still does not work. I scanned 6 particles. None worked and after a while i got disconnected every 2-3 minutes.

Why does the game have to be so long and so annoying? You have to fly to 3 different locations, each location you have to search a particle and do the game (or stand in line until its your turn to do the game)
  • gundamite128gundamite128 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I spent twenty minutes trying to complete the minigame on the Vulcan ground map. Half the time the game didn't register a score, the rest it didn't pay out. I am not happy.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    worked in 1 out of the 3 instances I tried in vulcan space. worked fine at starfleet academy. Worked starbase 39 ground.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got the mission and the first place I went was Vulcan (Space). I get there and there are dozens of other folks there trying to scan the traces as well. Scan, start the game, no score. Scan again, start the game, no score. Scan a third time, can you guess what happened? Yeah, no score.

I sat in zone for a few minutes and chatted with some fleet members and decided to try scanning one last time. Scan, start the game and holy carp! It's actually keeping score! Until 35 points and then it just stops counting. Game ends, no reward, no credit towards mission complete.

Not sure how the game works, but if you need to get every single particle and by missing one it stops keeping score, well then, I guess I will not be getting the ship this year as my reflexes are not good enough to catch them all.

I want the ship, I wouldn't mind getting some upgrade kits. As things are now, I won't be getting either. I know it's bugged, broken, FUBAR'd, however you want to put it. Between this and all the other bugs, I'm not sure I even want to bother at this point. I may just go back and play the game and simply forget the 5th Anniversary is even happening.

Which with how bugged it is, is it actually?
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My problem at Drozana Space System was when I was doing the scan first and collecting particles another person then scanned the same node. The minute the other individual scanned the node my particles quit accumulating even though the game was still continuing until the clock ran out. This also caused me to not get completion credit as well. I tried multiple times but the same thing happened repeatedly. I'm going to try when things slow down on a slower instance later.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010