What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Really? WHERE?!? I haven't seen ANY instructions on how to claim these gifts.

STOP LAUGHING AND START HELPING!!!

That is what these forums are here for, isn't it?

Take a deep breath! Trendy will always link to the blog post containing instructions on how to claim the giveaway whenever she announces one. Check the first post in this thread.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9063903
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Before I claim this "ship" is it per account or character.... Not like I will even uncrate these these ships to begin with but want to know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys, seems like i am good luck, as soon as i speak o0f Romulan Gifts: Here they Are! :D
    0he9rXF.png
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    so is the last day for free giveaway or is there one more?
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Before I claim this "ship" is it per account or character.... Not like I will even uncrate these these ships to begin with but want to know

With the exception of the R&D box from day one, giveaways have always been per account.

What stinks is that you can't claim the ship unlocks if you either 1. don't have a character of the appropriate faction, or 2. you meet critera #1 but don't have an open ship slot. (Neither of these affect me, personally, but I'm sure it'll be an issue for some others.)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For our third free giveaway, we’re celebrating by giving out three different ships! Star Trek Online has lead the charge into the Delta Quadrant with the help of the Federation, KDF, and Romulan forces! In honor of their work, we’re giving out a ship per faction!

<3

Thank you! First thanks for remembering the kdf and romulans. But also thanks for the bird of prey, its not t6 but still, its appreciated. And the Rhode island was a nice choice too.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    Finally somthing good for once!

Though why tier 2?

Good for levelling and the consoles can be taken and used on any ship. And the Dhael skin can be used on a Fleet Dhelan (and looks 10x better IMO).
  • Options
    phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Before i miss out, wha is the Romuulan One? Dhael Right? :)

( just to see if i have missed something)

Ps: nevermind already answered ;)

Huge thanks!
    0he9rXF.png
  • Options
    buzz0942buzz0942 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sometimes, all people deserve is TRIBBLE in a bag.

Sometimes without the bag.

... and very often cryptic delivers. with and without the bag.

well, you can't say they don't listen.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

These ones you don't need to keep the box, you can reclaim them from the ship vendor an infinite number of times.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    so is the last day for free giveaway or is there one more?

this is the last day of any announced giveaways... they could always do something else but dont expect any
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    this is the last day of any announced giveaways... they could always do something else but dont expect any

Well, do expect the anniversary itself to start tomorrow. But if we get any more giveaway items that will be a surprise.

They have done it once before, so anything is possible.
  • Options
    sirtexassirsirtexassir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just great tier 2 ships I all ready have (well don't think I have the feb one, but will check).

All my chars are lvl 50 or above except one that is in his 30's. Well I did want to make one more Rom Feb as an Engineer.

Would of been cool if you got the zen for the ship if you all ready had it....lol
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PERFECT TIMING, My new Borg Klingon science officer Thanks you kindly for this. (as do my other characters, but they are already level 50+
  • Options
    stratiussstratiuss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is the second time you've given away the Rhode Island can't you give us something new!
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For our third free giveaway, we’re celebrating by giving out three different ships! Star Trek Online has lead the charge into the Delta Quadrant with the help of the Federation, KDF, and Romulan forces! In honor of their work, we’re giving out a ship per faction!

Thank you all for the gift. We appreciate it!

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    jamin1jamin1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What stinks is that you can't claim the ship unlocks if you either 1. don't have a character of the appropriate faction, or 2. you meet critera #1 but don't have an open ship slot. (Neither of these affect me, personally, but I'm sure it'll be an issue for some others.)

I was just thinking the same thing; my Fed characters are both fine, and my Klingon is fine, but I don't even have a Romulan! Not because I don't want one, but because I've been working on my Feds and Klingon. There's literally not enough time to make a Romulan and get it to the appropriate level to have the ship open to me. Kinda wish we could unlock it so we could pick it up later...
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jamin1 wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing; my Fed characters are both fine, and my Klingon is fine, but I don't even have a Romulan! Not because I don't want one, but because I've been working on my Feds and Klingon. There's literally not enough time to make a Romulan and get it to the appropriate level to have the ship open to me. Kinda wish we could unlock it so we could pick it up later...

Strangely...the Warbird dropped for me as a Character-bound crate in my inventory.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    jowolf18jowolf18 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now is this truly gonna be a permanent thing? Meaning if we get these now...we can always get them in the future with new characters? I just don't want to get them and learn that they were a 1 time thing.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Perhaps a claim bug.

I did notice that I claimed my Dhelan with my KDF Rommy but then could not use my KDF Orion to claim the Qwa'Dun. The claim button stayed greyed out. I had to go back to my Rommy to claim the Qwa'Dun.
  • Options
    nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys, seems like i am good luck, as soon as i speak o0f Romulan Gifts: Here they Are! :D

Then tomorrow can you ask for a T5 or an upgrade token lol ;)
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    druhin wrote: »
    How about fixing a ton of bugs... EACH DAY!

Seriously, it's been 5 years now, and there are still bugs in this game that have been around since before STO launched back in 2010.
    Say it with me: Cryptic hackathon event

24 hours (or 48 hours) of bug-fixing bliss. I've made recommendations before on how Cryptic could run one, how the community might have a feel-good moment about it. (Cryptic, want suggestions? Need me to sign an NDA? Let's talk. :) )
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Say it with me: Cryptic hackathon event

24 hours (or 48 hours) of bug-fixing bliss. I've made recommendations before on how Cryptic could run one, how the community might have a feel-good moment about it. (Cryptic, want suggestions? Need me to sign an NDA? Let's talk. :) )

I will happily foot the bill for as much pizza as they can eat.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Strangely...the Warbird dropped for me as a Character-bound crate in my inventory.

Most (if not all) Romulan Zen-Store Ships do that
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That's typical, since you can claim it on other characters as well. It happens with the Romulans as their ships come in a box prior to actually getting the ship.
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Perhaps a claim bug.

I did notice that I claimed my Dhelan with my KDF Rommy but then could not use my KDF Orion to claim the Qwa'Dun. The claim button stayed greyed out. I had to go back to my Rommy to claim the Qwa'Dun.
    Do you have the Qaw'dun on that character?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I noticed that as well. Maybe something to do with how it was part of the LoR pack while the other two are from an earlier era? (i.e. when you redeem that pack everything comes in a box IIRC because at starting level you don't have enough ship slots and even if you did, you couldn't claim them all at once anyway due to level restrictions)

jowolf18 wrote: »
    Now is this truly gonna be a permanent thing? Meaning if we get these now...we can always get them in the future with new characters? I just don't want to get them and learn that they were a 1 time thing.

They're C-store unlocks now and forever.
    Do you have the Qaw'dun on that character?

More importantly, an empty ship slot?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    undeguyundeguy Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Yeah... same for me. The Fed/KDF ships went straight into a ship slot, but not the Rom ship.:confused:
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Quick question, do we have to unlock these for each faction (i.e., log into one character per faction) or do they all unlock if you claim it for only one character?
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    undeguy wrote: »
    Yeah... same for me. The Fed/KDF ships went straight into a ship slot, but not the Rom ship.:confused:

Someone already said the Dhael comes in a crate because it was initially a ship in the Legacy of Romulus Legacy pack. They're coded to come that way.

Also, for those who think today is the last day, it's not. The original announcement was from 1/26 @10 am pacific timezone through 1/29. That means there's one more day.

Edit: Today's announcement on arcgames also says the following:
    Every day from Monday 1/26 at 10am till Thursday 1/29 at 10am
    and
    For our third giveaway

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    undeguy wrote: »
    As someone else said, I think it is a side-effect of those Rom ships being in the big Legacy of Romulus package. The nice thing is it means you can claim them without needing a free ship slot, because it just drops a box in your inventory/overflow bag. The Fed and KDF ships need a free ship slot to claim them.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax