test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• ihateboisihatebois Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1 per account for the R&D box was just unfair and another R&D box would have been preferable to the todays uniform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope they giveaway the license to a more reputable studio that is what I am hoping.

Where do i have to sign up for this???
  • undeguyundeguy Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm also quite happy with this uniform! Thank you very much, I will definitely put it to good use!

At first I wasn't all that pleased with it... then, a few minutes ago, I decided to see how it look in all black (or what I could figure closest to black on the palette)... I like it.
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ihatebois wrote: »
    1 per account for the R&D box was just unfair and another R&D box would have been preferable to the todays uniform.

Unfair would have been 1 per toon... I have 12 toons, other have over 40, and many have under 4. 1 per account was the only fair way to go with that gift.
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So far, all I was able to get for free from the C-Store was a pack of R&D stuff on Monday?

Does every day mean just once?
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So far, all I was able to get for free from the C-Store was a pack of R&D stuff on Monday?

what part of this dont u understand ''its a run up to the main even, one per day from the z store''
  • nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2015

A different gift each day, R&D was Monday, Tuesday was TMP uniform, Wed (Today for me not sure about PT) will be something cool hopefully.

Though from above I may try TMP uniform in various colors since really the horrible thing about it was the pastel shades they were forced to wear.
  • harrisjohnhharrisjohnh Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The only thing I've seen as a giveaway this week are the Polynitric Horta pet and the Mirror TOS uniforms.

Anyone else not seeing the other giveaways?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The only thing I've seen as a giveaway this week are the Polynitric Horta pet and the Mirror TOS uniforms.

Anyone else not seeing the other giveaways?

Uh...the first day was in the Promotions, hence it was missed. The second day (and you got 1 hour still) is in appearances...
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This stuff makes me laugh... In each day's giveaway, there are an explicit set of instructions on how to claim the items, yet there are still folks who would come here and complain about not finding, not receiving, or being too lazy to read the instructions to find the items...

LOL

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • neteru3neteru3 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cem3212 wrote: »
    I too appreciate the anniversary giveaway.

Even if I end-up not being able to take advantage of any of the item(s) I will still appreciate the offer.

If the past is any indication they usually like to build-up to the biggest giveaway for the last day.

Have they ever had an option like "choose your giveaway reward" like they do for mission rewards?

That might alleviate & still offer viable gifts for those that may already have the giveaway prize.

An option like that wouldn't have to be another C-Store item, but perhaps a Dilithium package or something for an example of multiple opportunities.

That way, no matter what, everybody gets a little something as a gift.

I support this idea so even if not the main giveaway gift for whatever occasion all players would get a little something. If the intent is to gift players then it could be easily done & "make it so".
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What if, when it was your birthday, you were expected to give out gifts to all the people you know who still hang around with you?

And what if those people complained if they already had what ever you decided to get everyone?

Would you feel obliged to go and get alternate gifts for all those people?

Or would you give them TRIBBLE in a bag instead?

Personally I would start with TRIBBLE in a bag, at least I made it myself.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What if, isn't 'is'.

...just deal with what is in front of you. For real. End of Line.
  • nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What if, when it was your birthday, you were expected to give out gifts to all the people you know who still hang around with you?

And what if those people complained if they already had what ever you decided to get everyone?

Your kinder than me, I'd not give them the bag. lol
  • phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aleaic wrote: »
    What if, isn't 'is'.

...just deal with what is in front of you. For real. End of Line.

Well, i hope it's Either the Constellation ( i love that design, expecially the Saucer) or a >T3 Ship for either Federation or Romulan.

I am just
    Hoping

Speaking of Romulans, we never seen anything for them in giveaways...maybe iyt's a good time

to start with them too so ROM layers don't feel cut off.
    0he9rXF.png
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Free stuff is always appreciated.

Especially since I probably wasn't going to buy the TMP uniforms (I still have a char running around in Sierra...)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yay acid horta - best part is it isnt recognised as same as previous giveaway one so now horats all around for the boffs....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
    edited January 2015
    Yay acid horta - best part is it isnt recognised as same as previous giveaway one so now horats all around for the boffs....

Is that the latest giveaway?
    0he9rXF.png
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    This stuff makes me laugh... In each day's giveaway, there are an explicit set of instructions on how to claim the items, yet there are still folks who would come here and complain about not finding, not receiving, or being too lazy to read the instructions to find the items...

The top 3 most-common responses whenever Cryptic is giving away free items will always be...

1) A complaint about I can't find it / can't claim it (because I didn't bother to read the instructions)
    2) A complaint about how I already own the item being given away
    3) A complaint about how the Feds always get free stuff but the KDF/Roms never do
  • bloodtak3rbloodtak3r Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is that the latest giveaway?

No still hasn't published yet.
  • harrisjohnhharrisjohnh Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »

LOL

CM

Really? WHERE?!? I haven't seen ANY instructions on how to claim these gifts.

STOP LAUGHING AND START HELPING!!!

That is what these forums are here for, isn't it?
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    3 ships very nice for day 3.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    variant37 wrote: »
    The top 3 most-common responses whenever Cryptic is giving away free items will always be...

1) A complaint about I can't find it / can't claim it (because I didn't bother to read the instructions)
    2) A complaint about how I already own the item being given away
    3) A complaint about how the Feds always get free stuff but the KDF/Roms never do

You know players already have#3 typed up before the gift is announced, just waiting to press send.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • gryphonsatyr42gryphonsatyr42 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Sometimes, all people deserve is TRIBBLE in a bag.

Sometimes without the bag.
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Finally somthing good for once!

Though why tier 2?
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Very tasty day three. Cheers.
    edited January 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    Very tasty day three. Cheers.

What's today?
    0he9rXF.png
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For our third free giveaway, we’re celebrating by giving out three different ships! Star Trek Online has lead the charge into the Delta Quadrant with the help of the Federation, KDF, and Romulan forces! In honor of their work, we’re giving out a ship per faction!
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the ships. Two of them I didn't have especially one I wanted to get, but they'll get great use either way.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.